Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 284 comments
I had 2 dry races today. The first had about a minute of drizzle. The second race was sunny all the way.
Yes, I've had one dry race too - threatened to rain, but never did.

The great thing about this event is that no two races are ever the same. I love the ones with heavy rain, when you're struggling even on wet tyres, and the AI are all on dry tyres - they form a long crocodile doing about 20 mph 🤭

I use the Gr4 Jag, fuel map 3 the whole way, usually an easy win (provided you get the tyre strategy right!).

The great thing about this event is that no two races are ever the same. I love the ones with heavy rain, when you're struggling even on wet tyres, and the AI are all on dry tyres - they form a long crocodile doing about 20 mph 🤭
Unless you can’t see them, then they miraculously start gaining time on you…on slicks in 2 bars of water. That’s always fun.

3 seconds for overtaking under yellow flag? god i hate this. And I guess 2 seconds for crossing the line.

If you get 7+ penalty seconds overall you lose the clean race bonus. Also the other day I lost it I think because of aquaplaning for 400 meters lol, even if i didnt touch the barrier.

You get a penalty for overtaking under yellows and loose Clean Race Bonus, period.
Nothing to do with added penalty times or any penalties for track limits or hitting barriers. The yellows are just more frequent here (and Spa) for the driving of AI in the rain

Yes, I've had one dry race too - threatened to rain, but never did.

I like the variation of the rain too. However, I am not a fan of torrential rain which turns even full wets ineffective. IRL such heavy rain that even wets are overwhelmed are uncommon, and usually leads to neutralisation of the race.
I would prefer more light and moderate rain, resulting in standing water between the first and second bars. Then you can still race, but your skill is challenged. In full aquaplane mode above two bars it's just nonsense.

Dusting off my AMG garage. Won with a stock Gr.4 SLS. Good fuel economy on FM1, pitting just behind the Huracan. Not a fast car, but the Front-mid-engine handling makes it easy on the tyres.
Next, old school love. First time using the C9. Was very slow(255km/h), but managed to hold off the Viper for a win, by five seconds. FM1, the car ran to Lap six. Didn’t need to, but I put fresh tyres which allowed the Viper to jump me exiting the pits.

Finally, decided to try the CLK. Made a crude setting just to try. Through the first lap, I was able to close up to the P1 Viper by 10 seconds. Dropped to 7 seconds when it pit. Ran FM1 from the start and pitted Lap 5, with .5 laps in the tank. Tyres were about 3/4 worn. Still maintained the lead due to late rain, during Lap 5. Only about half wet surface and stayed on RH. Rain passed just about end of Lap 6. It’s always been a lovely car.
1662851089083.png

1662851136713.png

1662851165938.png

Last edited:
it's a minimum of 30min, you have to pass the finish line ! ;-)
I did it, I think it was 7 laps.

F458 Italia '09 / 3 pit stop (end of lap 1,3,5)
First lap, performance mode 1 (empty tank after 1 lap)
Then economy mode 6
This is a race that can be done in 6 laps with the right car but I have been able to do 10 laps a glitch car

I've had my second ever 100% dry race. There were rain clouds on the radar but it never got more that misty (that had the pleasing effect of disguising the tree pop in that happens on this track.)

That two no rain races. In 6,583 miles.

Last edited:
I've had my second ever 100% dry race. There were rain clouds on the radar but it never got more that misty (that had the pleasing effect of disguising the tree pop in that happens on this track.)

That two no rain races. In 6,583 miles.
It must be more common now. I've had three like that in the past two days.

So far the most challenging wins are using what the AI drive, stock Gr.4 but with appropriate tyres.
Don’t be so sure of that. I’ve pulled off a couple wins in a couple of cars I swear I will never attempt again, lol.

So far the most challenging wins are using what the AI drive, stock Gr.4 but with appropriate tyres.
I find that:
  • any GR3 can win easily at 700 pp
  • GR4 without turbo upgrade: the Huracan, Viper and Corvette can win a dry race. Huracan is a handful to drive, though.

The Aston VGT wins very easily. Can hit 200mph occasionally on the Mulsanne straight if you get a slipstream. Will do three laps on FM1 (by which time the tires are shot) or 4 laps on FM4, if you drive conservatively and save the tires. Shift between 6 and 7k rpms, WELL short of redline.

I won fairly easily last night in the Porsche Living Legend car as well. All of the above on Hard difficulty.

I mean, if you play on easy, almost anything at or above 600pp will win. Especially if it rains hard. I've only ever needed RH and IM. Wets seem totally unnecessary. I have the Mangusta tuned up to about 638 and it wins. Just tuned up the Dino to about 650 and it wins. The Mustang Boss 429 at 649 wins and can hit 200 on the straight. The Daytona Coupe wins at 617pp, and feels quite at home on this track, not surprisingly.

A few more events like this and GT7 would actually be fun :-) As it is, all I do is race this, the Spa endurance race and the occasional Custom Race at Nurburgring. I spend more time in these forums and in the livery editor than I do "racing". But PD never really added any other "credit farming" events in GTS... there was really only Blue Moon Bay and the Nostalgic race, if memory serves, so I don't hold out much hope that PD will add these events, despite how obvious it is that the game would profit from them. Prove me wrong, Kaz!

Last edited:
The Atenza is horrible. It’s down 20BHP from GT Sport and just no fun stock. This was my first love in that game and it’s just gone to the bottom of my list of cars. Shame.

I mean, if you play on easy, almost anything at or above 600pp will win. Especially if it rains hard. I've only ever needed RH and IM. Wets seem totally unnecessary. I have the Mangusta tuned up to about 638 and it wins. Just tuned up the Dino to about 650 and it wins. The Mustang Boss 429 at 649 wins and can hit 200 on the straight. The Daytona Coupe wins at 617pp, and feels quite at home on this track, not surprisingly.

A few more events like this and GT7 would actually be fun :-) As it is, all I do is race this, the Spa endurance race and the occasional Custom Race at Nurburgring. I spend more time in these forums and in the livery editor than I do "racing". But PD never really added any other "credit farming" events in GTS... there was really only Blue Moon Bay and the Nostalgic race, if memory serves, so I don't hold out much hope that PD will add these events, despite how obvious it is that the game would profit from them. Prove me wrong, Kaz!
Yes! That's the point! ;) Finish first on hard difficulty with a "no way win car" challenge list!!

Last edited:
Overall I use this for my grinding, and for the easiest, carefree win without having to worry about fuel i recommend the RedBull Junior, it's under 700PP and you can use RM tyres and should last about 5 laps but with three predictable rain you will probably change tyres before that. All this at FM1

The Aston VGT wins very easily. Can hit 200mph occasionally on the Mulsanne straight if you get a slipstream. Will do three laps on FM1 (by which time the tires are shot) or 4 laps on FM4, if you drive conservatively and save the tires. Shift between 6 and 7k rpms, WELL short of redline.

I won fairly easily last night in the Porsche Living Legend car as well. All of the above on Hard difficulty.
I've tried the Aston VGT once after the latest update, only to have the tires shot before finishing the second lap.

Is it just me or is the car basically useless in this event now?

Edit: sorry, turns out I was mistaken/exaggerating, just played again, and the tires in fact "survived" 2 laps, but both front tires were full red about the first chicane on the Mulsane.

Still a fast an easy win, but I feel hard racing tires should last at least 3 laps.

Last edited:
Earned a good 7-8m credits last night with the 787B. It’s such a dominant car, no fuel stop needed, RH tyres last if you can avoid heavy rain.

One of those events you can do while watching TV or listening to a podcast. Ticking off the miles and 800k+ every 30 minutes.

Earned a good 7-8m credits last night with the 787B. It’s such a dominant car, no fuel stop needed, RH tyres last if you can avoid heavy rain.

One of those events you can do while watching TV or listening to a podcast. Ticking off the miles and 800k+ every 30 minutes.
Do the tyres last the whole 6 or 7 laps since the latest update?I struggle to get more than 4 laps at the moment.

Do the tyres last the whole 6 or 7 laps since the latest update?I struggle to get more than 4 laps at the moment.
Easily. Can even run most of the race, in the dry, on wets. Which I’ve done a few times after misjudging incoming weather.

You need the power restrictor & ballast to get down to 700pp. So no quicker than the opposition on the straights. But much better on the brakes and higher cornering speeds.

Easily. Can even run most of the race, in the dry, on wets. Which I’ve done a few times after misjudging incoming weather.

You need the power restrictor & ballast to get down to 700pp. So no quicker than the opposition on the straights. But much better on the brakes and higher cornering speeds.
Ok.Im gonna give this a whirl,not one of the cars i thought of using. 👍

Last edited:
I used the CLK. No refuel at FM1 with rolling off and coasting. Had to pit for IW on Lap 3 and RH for the final Lap. Would have gone no stop if the wet bar didn’t have a blue top.

I think I found a glitch to make this race even easier. Yesterday I entered with an F40 detuned on RH tires and could only use those and wets because of PP limitations. When the rain stopped there would only be 2 laps so I thought I would put RS on for the last bit but then remembered I couldn't because the PP would be too high... So I pit and it lets me select RS tires, puts them on and let's me finish the race with them. I thought "oh oh better not get a penalty" but didn't get that either. 🤔 I can win the race with pretty much any car you can enter with so not much of an advantage but hey.

I gave this a go tonight,easy win,twice infact.Ist race was totally dry,came over grey but no rain whatsoever,bit of a strange one for me.2nd race was a light shower,not enough to warrant a tyre change though.Easy win. 👍

Back