Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 11: The Real Score

Time to wrap things up. I seriously want to end this nonsense once and for all.

But Loeb is hanging on the edge of the seat. I like it. That'll show him how insane I can get, when I'm being pushed.

yukisnowduelend.jpg

Yuki: "This is far from my imagination. He far exceeds my expectations. I thought... I was the only one."

yukisnowduelend_1.jpg

At the Dream Alliance tent:

Takuma: "I can't believe this. We're getting humiliated. Even though there are only a few people watching this, we'll surely get a bad rep."

Hiroyuki: "Yuki must use this experience to learn. He has to realize there will always be someone better than him. The world is huge."

yukisnowduelend_2.jpg

Rob: "But I sure don't want to sit by and watch Louis gloat."

yukisnowduelend_3.jpg

Loeb: "He's making this race look easy. I don't know how Dream Alliance can take this. Louis is just...

...mad. He's an unstoppable beast lurking in France!"

Just to rub it in, I drifted past the Dream Alliance as I cross the finish line.

yukisnowduelend_4.jpg

How do you like that snow on your faces? I'm always ready for a rematch, as you are worthy opponents.

Rob: "Nice. We're being floored."

Takuma: "Not fun. I have snow all over me."

Whew.... finally threw out all the stress at them. Time to head back.

I didn't really have to celebrate. It's just a casual duel, that's all...

Stephan: "Great job today. One problem taken care of."

Louis: "There's no reason for us to stay here any longer."

Loeb: "Leaving immediately, huh?"

Louis: "In truth, Dream Alliance is not much of my concern right now. I have no reason to celebrate. The real reason why I did this, is to show you how capable I am."

Loeb: "I heard that right. Well, today I have finally saw through your actions. I now know your intentions."

Louis: "I'm glad you can read me like a book. Let's make this a real battleground next week."

Loeb: "Absolutely. I'd be happy to clear my schedule for this. All for one person."

All right, let's move on to the main event. I have one whole week to hone my skills.

Loeb: "This was quite short, but fun nonetheless. I now have a reason why I shouldn't hold back, and take you seriously. I suggest you do the same.

Well then, farewell! Congratulations on your victory today."

Mark my words, Loeb. I'll crush you, the same way you did to me. I simply watch him depart and enter in a chalet. Make sure you keep your word. Go all out.

And... it's gotten colder. We all have to take shelter, but before we can even do that...

...Rob arrives. Any excuse to utter, baldy?

Rob: "Gotta hand it to you, then. But isn't this a bit too much? I was not your opponent."

Louis: "In any form of performance, one must give his very best. There is no reason to hold back, am I right?"

Rob: "Yuki is yet to assess himself. You crushed his pride once more. I can tell you have a knack for it."

Louis: "That's what he gets. He shouldn't have even thought of provoking me. You already knew that, and yet you are stubborn. You experienced the same thing, am I right?"

Oops... that made him clench his fist. Let me rub it in further before I go.

Louis: "Tu es completement débile. Tu me fatigues. Au revoir!" (You're a complete moron. You annoy me. Bye!)

Dammit... Rob is not French. I curse in French, even to foreigners and in abroad.

Never mind that. I want to go to someplace warm. I'll head back to my hotel room, then.

Monsieur Stephan ordered the entire team to pack up in an instant and leave, as temperatures get dangerous. We all head back immediately to our hotel.

With pun intended, I gave Dream Alliance another cold shoulder. That shall keep them quiet for a while.

Meanwhile, Toru just hops on to his bed, happy that it's over.

Toru: "Glad that thing was over in an instant. Serves them right."

Louis: "But kudos for them to exert effort, though."

Toru: "Oh, about Sebastien Loeb. How are you going to deal with him again?"

Louis: "Last time, I was unprepared. But on the next duel, I'll turn the tables. I'm sure of it."

Toru: "I'll definitely watch you. And make sure you don't let off for a second. He's the King of Rallying, you know?"

Louis: "Very much so. But that crown will be mine soon enough."

Toru: "Definitely! Oh, I almost forgot. Stephan-san told me I should relay this important message to you."

Louis: "What is it?"

Toru: "During the duel a while ago, he got a call from Bugatti headquarters. Apparently, they're seeking after you."

Louis: "What for?"

Toru: "You are to test their "LMP1 Killer". Bugatti's latest racing machine that can allegedly hit 400 kilometers per hour in the Mulsanne straight.

According to them, you are the sole person chosen for this, and they didn't even have to explore other options."

LMP1 killer? So that means it's faster than the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP I drove back then? Fascinating. But of course, I'll set that aside first.

Perhaps there are a lot of opportunities for me, huh? That's what I get when I trifle with the biggest names of racing.

End of Page 11

Haha, Louis, why did you curse in French? Yes, it's your personality, but you should know that while Rob may be able to speak multiple languages (you need to, if you are a MI6 agent), he'd be more offended if you just spoke in plain English. :lol:

Well, Louis will have other chances to duel with Rob, I bet... If not off-road, then perhaps when Louis receives his newest ride. :sly:

Page 12 - Bigger Picture

Time: 8 pm, the next day

The mood and morale are low within the team, after their consecutive defeats from their arch rival, Blue Streak Racing thanks to Louis Montagny's rapid growth.

The team hasn't faced this much crisis before, and they caught wind of various internet articles centering around the rising popularity of Blue Streak Racing ending Dream Alliance's winning streak.

The most affected of them all is Yuki, no less...

Hiroyuki: "Everyone, before you could head back to your quarters, let us discuss this pressing issue. Please take your seats."

The members found their seats, with Takuma just tapping his fingers on the table.

Hiroyuki: "As a dominant force in the world of racing for years, we take pride in our efforts, teamwork, skills, and eventually our victories. But we never forget our roots, where we came from. We were brought together by our dreams, and even our sufferings. Hence we should not be blinded, nor conceited.

Our fault? That pride we have. Because we won so much, we've been blinded by that pride. We became stubborn, and we refuse to lose no matter what.

Because of that, we have forgotten what made us stronger and faster. Conceit is what brings us down. Our defeats - we must recognize them. Because failures are what brings us to success.

I, myself, cannot grasp at what rate our rival has grown. But I see it as a worthy challenge, the one that we are truly looking for.

That's why I see no reason why our morale has gotten lower. This entire experience, must be our way to level ourselves up for the next challenge.

We will strike back.... in Super GT. Let us show Blue Streak what makes us the most feared racing team!

Yuki Kanonji, do not be discouraged. Yes, we recognize you, and your pride. But we shall always have to remember that there will always be someone better than us, and we should use it as a hurdle that we can jump on."

Maria: "Hear hear on that!"

Takuma:
"Yeah. Blue Streak is our next hurdle. A big one."

Rob:
"I'll jump on Louis, no matter what."

Yuki: "...."

Whew... I'm back down in Paris. Finally, a place that oozes with warmth. Well, it's 11 degrees Celsius here, so I can classify it as "warm", coming from the chill in Chamonix. Good thing I don't live there.

But an important meeting is in order... Though I was the only one called out.

Stephan: "Louis? Come here. I have something to show you."

21301639539_a458d11071_c.jpg

A Nissan GT-R, in race trim?

Stephan: "Because of you, we're venturing into more exciting endeavors. Super GT in Japan hosts arguably the fastest GT racing cars the world has ever seen, faster than DTMs and GT3-spec cars. You must be seeing a bigger picture."

21300503040_abc6a044c1_c.jpg

Super GT? Japan? So that means I'm on a crash course with Dream Alliance again. But that's okay. Clashing with them will always result to endless fun.

Stephan: "You know, I never even thought that there will come a time that we will be racing with the biggest stars of racing. I used to think that my team will just be stagnant, joining minor races on the side, until you came along. I could never thank you enough."

Louis: "Me too. I could never thank you enough for changing my life. I'm very happy right now. I have received a bigger recognition. To think someone like Sebastien Loeb has bat an eye. Who knows? Maybe I'm bound to hit Formula 1 too."

Stephan: "That's the bigger picture I'm talking about. Keep at it, whatever you're doing right now. It'll bring you to places you've never been before. Racing with Loeb is another big step.

Oh Louis... if only I have your skill back in my day."

Louis: "I'm sure you are a great racer too. Your experiences are clearly present in your teachings."

Stephan: "Teachings? Ahahahaha! I barely even taught you! I think you don't even need a mentor.

Oh... by the way, can I come to your house tomorrow, along with someone? That someone has expressed his interest in joining us."

A new member? I haven't heard of our team processing applicants. Hmmmm....

Louis: "Sure, no problem. I'm free tomorrow."

Time: 5 pm, the next day

I wonder who is this new recruit? Is he a potential asset, that he seeks out our team? No use wondering, I guess I have to sit this out and wait...

Monsieur Stephan said that they're on they're way. Shoot.. I gotta make the house orderly!

Stephan: "So, what made you decide to join us? It was rather bold of you to choose Blue Streak Racing."

21488558715_1230af1ffa_c.jpg

Behind the wheel is returning personality, who has been inactive in the world of racing for quite a while...

Dmitri: "I have been in an unfortunate position after the accident in Japan two years ago. But seeing your achievements, and how you managed to challenge and defeat the Dream Alliance at one point, revived my fighting spirit."

21488558925_ff464a0d93_c.jpg

Stephan: "Truth be told, I never thought we'd reach this far, to the point of attracting a veteran like you."

Dmitri: "I'm far from being a veteran. I have yet to reach 30, you know? Hehe."

Stephan: "But I am aware what you're truly capable of, Mr. Ivanakovitch."

21462313946_a5aa1a170e_c.jpg

Stephan: "Age is just a number. People like you must make the most out of your abilities, and life as well."

For two hours, I watched a movie just to kill off time while waiting for them. Until I hear an exhaust growl coming from a car.

I peeked outside, and...

...that's a car I've never seen before. Is it even popular?

21477490712_8e1e0c1efd_c.jpg

Plus, I can tell that it's from a different country, the license plate doesn't seem to be like it's registered here.

There's Monsieur Stephan coming out from that car, on the passenger side. Who's that tall guy with him? Could he be...?

Before he can even ring the doorbell, I rushed to open the door.

Louis: "Oh. Good evening. Please come in. It's quite cold."

Stephan: "Thank you. Louis, let me introduce to you, Dmitri Ivanakovitch. He's one of Russia's most popular race car drivers. Dmitri, meet Louis Montagny, my most promising racer."

Of course, there goes the casual handshake. Dmitri's hand is rather big, and he's really tall. He's a bit over 6 feet, I assume. I'm 5"10", just so you know.

Dmitri: "Pleased to meet you. I've heard so much about you, and your exploits as well."

What can I comment about him? I don't know anything about Dmitri yet. I need to say something! I don't want to look too star struck by his presence.

Louis: "Pleased to meet you too. And... please make yourselves at home. I'll prepare something to eat, if you'll excuse me."

Tres bien, Louis. You deserve a clap.

But I can tell, he has the potential, hiding beneath his casual demeanor.

End of Page 12

I think Louis will be in for a shock when he clashes with Hiroyuki's greatest weapon in Super GT... :mischievous:

Last edited:
Page 13 - Next Hurdle

Monsieur Stephan has now instilled a new racer within our team's ranks. A Russian named Dmitri Ivanakovitch. The only thing that defines him is his height. The rest? He looks similar to a typical fit man with short blonde hair and a shaved beard.

I'm cooking dinner for them right now. Gotta make it special. Though I'm not sure if Toru will like it. Nah, he'll eat anything I serve.

Dmitri: "So Louis, how is it possible for you to defeat Dream Alliance's top members? I raced with one of them, but I was defeated."

Naturally, I have to give the best possible answer, and that would mean demeaning them a bit.

Louis: "I simply gave my all. They didn't. I would never ever play around especially if I know I'm facing with a pro."

Dmitri: "Simple answer, but something very difficult to do. You see, I am here because you rejuvenated my fighting spirit. Seeing you racing with them took it all back. Now I want to race one particular person once again.

Takuma Kanonji. I'm sure you have yet to face him."

Takuma Kanonji? I bet he's Yuki's relative. But he's right, I have yet to trifle with him. Hey, the more, the merrier as they all say.

Louis: "I see. How is he as an opponent?"

Dmitri: "I will warn you already. He will push you right to the very edge. He has a skill of racer, but a soul of a fighter."

I'll be looking forward to that. I want to see if it holds water.

Dmitri: "But I do hope, that you meet my expectations."

His expectations? If he's Russia's pride, then he can say that. I have high expectations for him too. But why say that?

Keep on sauteing, Louis. The food will get burnt. A chat can distract me so much.

Stephan: "Oh Louis, has Toru told you about that one with the Bugatti?"

Louis: "Yes. Speaking of, I'll call him upstairs. The dinner is ready."

We'll further discuss team matters on the dining table, which sadly, is private for the time being. Excuse us for a moment.

Time: 7 am, the next day

With the sun bright and crisp as it illuminates the prosperous country, Hiroyuki awakens from his slumber early as usual. It has been a part of his routine ever since becoming a racer in his heyday.

He descends the staircase, with Nigel greeting him. The rest of the members have already gone to their homes last night, but he doesn't feel lonely at all. Nigel has taken a commitment as Hiroyuki's secretary of sorts, as the robot has found a replacement for his teaching duty at the Nurburgring.

Nigel: "Good morning, Hiroyuki-san. How shall I prepare your breakfast?"

Hiroyuki: "I only crave for coffee and some French toast."

Nigel: "New order received. Performing task."

Since the breakfast is simple, it was done quickly. Hiroyuki is at the dining table, slurping the coffee while reading the local newspaper translated to English.

Nigel joins his racing chief, with something that just came into his head.

Nigel: "I have browsed through racing forums all over the internet, and I found out some gossip about Louis Montagny planning to race Sebastien Loeb in Chamonix."

Hiroyuki: "What does that concern about us?"

Nigel: "If you have remembered what Mr. Rob Hatch had said, that something was amiss when he talked to Louis last time. Could he be that he used our duel to pose a challenge to Loeb? It's highly probable."

Hiroyuki: "Hmmmmm... come to think of it, Louis did invite Loeb to witness the battle as a passenger. Honestly, what you said surprised me, along with the fact that he simply used us. That was kind of insulting, but I'll let that pass. I admit, Louis Montagny is the sole person giving us a very hard time. I even have to praise him for that. He's one hell of a rival.

Now the question is, can Louis hop over the next hurdle? Sebastien Loeb is undoubtedly the King of Rallying. Who can match his 9-time World Rally Champion streak, eh?

I can go and watch, if time allows me. Hmph, let me know when. Keep on getting information. Who would have thought I would get this much fascinated on one person, or a rival, even?"

Nigel: "But here's more. I also checked Blue Streak Racing's webpage. They have announced their intention of participating the GT500 class of Super GT."

Hiroyuki's reaction came in a form of a smile.

Hiroyuki: "Things have gotten a lot more interesting, then. Looks like we'll be playing with him a lot more often."

While the tournament has ended, and the ski resort's activities have returned to normal, another shocking entrance halts everyone...

21519205281_9fbdee162e_c.jpg

Loeb: "To think I set aside some important commitments just for one person."

20887787084_577f9a8d00_c.jpg

Loeb: "But I'm sure he'll deliver. So it's worth it. I've provoked him enough as it is - thanks to that previous battle. I have set his soul on fire just as he set mine."

21484316516_17783af15a_c.jpg

With his long experience in rallying, along with his victories, he takes on the sweeps and turns fearlessly. He's has absorbed the dangers surrounding them, hitting the pedal without hesitation.

21322490870_a22f8212b1_c.jpg

21519203741_c812a4b5f3_c.jpg

Loeb: "Time to drop the friendly ruse. I'll simply drive the way I used to. On that day, no one shall give quarter."

20887785314_2af91beb7a_c.jpg

Time: 4 pm

It may have been another work day, but Nobuhiko decides to take a leave from his work and focus on preparing himself. He has been in the prefecture for the start of the week.

21510552395_477d0abb89_c.jpg

Of course he has caught wind of the recent happenings of his team, and that... pushes him.

21322489780_b09d1d6e5c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Super GT is just around the corner. And with what happened with the team recently, I have no room to breathe."

21322711338_52361d24b0_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "To think it all takes just one person to topple our conquest. That just means I have to get serious!"

21322489430_7675e66220_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Clearly, this has been escalated. It's now my turn to restore my team's pride. Louis Montagny...

...I'm your next challenger. I'll topple you the same way you toppled Yuki-kun and Rob."

The FT-1 racing machine screams its intentions for the battle, signifying Nobuhiko's determination.

End of Page 13

Page 14 - Aiming for The Throne

Time: The day before the duel

Days gone by, and my excitement increases. But oddly enough, my anxiety is also on the rise. I may bite off more than I can chew.

21543072761_a7fbb19557_c.jpg

Toru, who is always on my side providing as much support as he can, simply goes beside me and we stare at the car together, as if it's trying to convey something.

Toru: "Ready for tomorrow?"

Louis: "I am. But something's strange. I felt anxious. What if I can't beat him? Knowing his reputation very well, I might not be able to. What will happen to me? To us?"

Toru: "Awww... come on! Why do you have to worry? Hey, you are always so buff when you deal with the Dream Alliance! Now you got spooked by one person?"

Louis: "It feels... totally different. I don't even know. My heart's beating faster than it should. Is it because I'm facing against someone much faster?"

Toru: "If you can topple the world's top racing drivers, then surely you can beat Loeb."

No use denying nor think about it, even. I'll be me. I'll be the Louis that crossed mountains. I've been to tougher challenges, like my days in Redview, my little stints as a street racer in Europe, and my clashes with Dream Alliance.

Time to head back home, Toru. I'll just sleep on this anxiety. It will poof away.

Time: 11:30 am, the next day

This is it... the day of reckoning. My second bout with Sebastien Loeb. I won't allow myself to be outran again like last time.

I'll stick to him, no matter what. And then I'll turn the tables.

Wait a minute... I see such a large crowd. It's like this is a major event.

Louis: "Never expected a lot would show up."

Nina: "Due to the prevalence of social media, the word about this duel spread quicker than expected."

Louis: "All right, it's business as usual, no matter how many will watch. It's my battle, anyway."

I am looking at the tent where Loeb and his crew are stationed. They're just as lively as ours. Loeb looks serious, overseeing his crew setting up that Citroen rally car.

Toru: "They'd better treat us seriously."

Louis: "Toru..."

I then grabbed his hand and let it touch my chest. Why? Because...

Toru: "Huh?"

Louis: "Can you feel it?"

Toru: "Your heart, it's beating rapidly."

Louis: "That's how nervous I am. To think I am, once again, facing against a superstar. This is the only time it happened, not even the Dream Alliance can make my heart beat this fast."

Toru: "You can do this. Just drive like you always do! Don't let off!"

Louis: "You're right..."

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki and Nigel also arrived, and managed to find an ideal spot for them to witness the duel.

Nigel: "This is the ideal place, Hiroyuki-san. Please settle."

Hiroyuki: "Perfect spot, I must say. Hehehehehe... who would have thought? I am spectating something we're not concerned with. I got fascinated on a rival. I haven't felt this in years, ever since I first encountered the late Michiharu Kanonji."

Back in the Blue Streak Racing tent:

Stephan: "Louis! Loeb's camp is ready. He's waiting for us."

Moment of truth. Wish me Godspeed.

I put on my helmet, then did some warm up stretches. I heard some cracking, but that's normal.

I then set off, grabbed the keys from the table. Next, I give life to the Flat-6 engine way behind me. It sings the way it should. Perfect, no mechanical troubles. Let's kick some butt. I have a king to dethrone.

As our cars lined up, both Loeb and I stare at each other, like a typical staredown from TV shows.

My left foot pressed hard on the clutch, with my right foot revving the engine.

GO!!!

Our battle takes off! Loeb gets a good start. Wait, why do I talk like a commentator here?

21534357385_4d41dfbc86_c.jpg

I know the RR layout can be tricky, but I won't let that get in my way to victory. Loeb has yet to know me when I get pushed to a shove.

21347431869_6d8e3269b2_c.jpg

This won't be easy, Loeb. I won't make it that way. The winner is the one who can survive this.

21543071771_1b23fba60c_c.jpg

Loeb: "I have a hunch that this will be long, and dangerous. But aren't we all men love those?"

21346509388_c7d85367ef_c.jpg

It has just started, and yet a dogfight already ensues. This may look exciting to witnesses, but they can only see that much.

21523180992_d5235e6090_c.jpg

There's no denying the superiority of four-wheel drive in roads like these. But I don't rely much on driving aids, either.

But this 911 is pretty much a reliable partner, and I still can't get over with its amazing handling on ice.

21347430509_ca82ce24ec_c.jpg

Brake, heel and toe while shift down gears. Turn and countersteer. Loeb's Citroen sure does put up a good show for the fans out there.

21346300720_8387805ef5_c.jpg

But the Porsche's responsive engine helped me get even once more.

21508139496_3d5e1ac707_c.jpg

Mind if I trade paint with you, Loeb? Warriors clash their weapons, and so does racers with their cars.

21346300590_b31cf18c65_c.jpg

Loeb: "Impressive, even with this Citroen having anti-lag and four wheel drive, that 911 simply clings on and buzzes around."

Shoot! I paid little attention on the next corner! I went wide!

21347429479_7a01f3e60b_c.jpg

Loeb: "A mistake! I'm sorry, but rally car drivers value time so much, especially in recorded trials. We can't afford to play around. We like things to finish quickly."

21534354545_cdda556fd3_c.jpg

Oh I'm not done yet, Loeb. I'm just getting warmed up! You have yet to encounter Zephyr...

End of Page 14

Page 15 - Alter Ego

At the Blue Streak Racing Tent:

Juri makes a surprise arrival, teasing Toru once again, and as well as fulfilling her promise to spectate when she got the time.

Juri: "Hisashiburi, Toru-chan..." (It's been a while, little Toru)

Toru: "Mata omae ka? Naze koko ni iru?" (You again? Why are you here?)

Juri: "Yakusoku ga aru no yo, baka. Ima, Louis-chan ni atashi no koto ga kawaii wa?" (I have a promise, idiot. Now, do I look cute for Louis?)

Toru: "Uruse yo! Itsumo omae wa kowaii yo. Louis-san wa omae no koto ga daikirai da!" (Shut up! You always look scary! Louis-san hates you so much!)

Juri: "Oooooh... omae dake wa sore to itta." (You are the only one who said that.)

Toru: "Yare yare. Jaaa... Ima no tatakau wa dou? (Whatever. Now then, what do you think of the duel?)

Juri: "Louis-chan no dorifto wa kanpeki ni natta?" (Is Louis-chan's drifting have gotten perfect?)

Toru: "Sou da yo. Miru hou ga ii." (Yep. You'd better see it.)

Juri: "Doko ni...? BAKA! Nani mo minai yo!" (Where is it...? You idiot! I see nothing!)

Toru: "Matte yo! Ano nidai kuruma wa ato de heru yo!" (Just wait! Those two cars will pass by, anyway!)

Juri: "Ugh... matanai yo!" (Ugh... I can't wait!)

Toru:
"Ore mo da." (Me too.)

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki's fascination to Louis lingers...

Hiroyuki: "Nigel, as a robot who can formulate hypotheses and simulations, who do you think will win?"

Nigel: "Based on the data gathered about Sebastien Loeb, and along with having observed his driving style, the probability of his victory is high.

Sebastien Loeb is known for his gutsy attitude when it comes to rallying, hence allowing him to set records that his opponents can only dream to break."

Hiroyuki: "You can say that, and I can also add that Louis is having a big gamble. To think out of all disciplines, he chose a rally race, something his opponent is best known at. Maybe that's because he intends to further challenge himself. Louis always aims to expand his horizons. Louis didn't even choose to race in Le Mans.

But, there are things that cannot be explained by data, Nigel. What if, Louis can turn things into his favor? Like I said before, human nature is unpredictable."

21582971552_c05deedd69_c.jpg

I will break that cycle. I don't want to face defeat again. Why would I be intimidated by a rally superstar? Sure, he has all the means to be great, but I am not the one who cowers in fear!

21406245820_e9aa82263a_c.jpg

Remember everything and put into practice. I gotta thank Juri for this. I'm not gonna let her down.

21406236980_b75c506553_c.jpg

Keep calm. We're halfway. Anything can happen in a blink of an eye, and I will be the one making that happen.

Hey Loeb... feeling lonely?

Background Music

21603123851_a05c17dc7b_c.jpg

Loeb: "He kept up. I thought our first encounter would happen again this time. I was wrong. I'm happy to be proven wrong by people like you! Let's do this!"

Keep at it, Louis. You got him.

21594323795_bd98b22934_c.jpg

Sliding... still sliding. This is how speed is. It's meant to rage.

Speaking of rage... something within me once again awakens. The one thing I'm keeping at bay.

20971470364_4473ce1e5d_c.jpg

I am the reality show...

...the 15 minutes you'll never have.

21582918292_2bfbf50ba0_c.jpg

They say speed kills, but...

21594298425_3f44551fdb_c.jpg

...if you aren't speeding; you aren't living!

YOU ARE MY RIVAL!

End of Page 15

So much for a similar duel to the first one, right Mr. Loeb? You were not aware of the most important thing about Louis...

...a much worse side of him. :scared:

Page 16 - Heartbeat

It's all or nothing now, Loeb! THINGS WILL GET ROUGH AND ROWDY FOR YOU!!!

21624135755_7760317da2_c.jpg

Loeb: "Huh? That isn't the sound of my car!!!"

Background Music

Like I said, I AM THE REALITY SHOW! The 15 minutes you'll never have.

21612658212_93cf7a0785_c.jpg

Loeb: "Hehehehehehe... what a miscalculation on my part. I'll admit it for sure, but...

...that doesn't mean I'll have fun! COME AT ME!"

21633011171_545dfe6061_c.jpg

First one who breaks, LOSES! I WILL BREAK YOU! I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!

21436041780_56df0db44f_c.jpg

Pressuring your opponent is one way to break, but not everyone succumbs to it. But hey, there's psychological stress imbued in it. The moment you know that someone is following behind you, that's when panic ensues, and you'll become drastic.

21002940703_e863bcf558_c.jpg

My right foot is hard on the accelerator. I'm sure Loeb does the same. Yeah, both of us are crazy. That's what men are, when they are being pushed.

21002940033_5048b275b2_c.jpg

Changed up another gear, and banging on the clutch...

21597879536_eba1744c61_c.jpg

Porsche's flat-6 engines are simply the best. They truly deserve praise, coming from a French who has strong fondness for performance cars of his homeland.

Hit the brakes... approaching the next corner. Loeb switched sides! He takes advantage of the 4WD traction by going outside to overtake. Quite conventional, but...

21597878896_cc056fd8e0_c.jpg

...too bad I have unconventional roots!

Loeb: "What?! A pit maneuver!"

21597878196_d79142660c_c.jpg

Sorry, Monsieur Stephan. I'm wild right now. This race is about to come to a close.

21633006291_ae76b477f5_c.jpg

Even if we're just inches away from the goal, I won't budge!

Last turn... I'll still come at you!

But, with a strike of luck...

21437127969_8eff976062_c.jpg

Loeb: "Understeer! I went in too fast..."

I told you, people under pressure tend to make mistakes. Rally car drivers usually run alone, while GT racers like me run with the competition, hence pressuring or attacking are pretty much the norm

21597875906_3db17362a3_c.jpg

And I made it to the finish line in victory. Is this a dream? Clearly it isn't. I did it. I finally did it.

Toru: "Yossha!!!"

Stephan: "Splendid. No... it's actually monumental. Louis has grown much more than I had expected."

Loeb: "Great job... you earned this victory. You are the greatest surprise I've ever encountered."

I stopped, and then exited from the car. My teammates come at me, of course.

Toru: "You did it! You whooped Loeb!"

Louis: "It's tougher than I had imagined. Loeb is among the very few who can provide me a worthy challenge."

And speaking of him... here he comes.

Loeb: "Congrats. You caught me off guard this time around. You exceed way past my expectations."

Louis: "Same goes to you. You are a worthwhile adversary."

Loeb: "I wish you better opportunities ahead. You deserve them. You just showed that our little country also breeds racers like us.

It's time for me to go. I have other commitments ahead. I shall remember this day."

He walks away, graciously accepting his defeat. He's quite a nice guy after all. Rivalries among racing are one of the best. You also make friends out of it. I'm always available for another run, Loeb.

Time to head back, it's been such a monumental day.

However, as I make a step...

...aaaaagh! What's happening! My heart.... it aches like a thousand arrows piercing on it all at once!

Aaagh! I...

Stephan: "Louis? Louis!!!"

Nina: "I'll send an SOS to the nearest hospital. Right now, we need to tend to him."

Toru: "LOUIS-SAAAANNNN!!!!"

THE END

GT500 LEGEND III

gt500legendIII.jpg

The last title that caps the trilogy of an epic antihero. An unexpected trial enters Louis' life, and can potentially end his career. Will he be able to conquer it, whilst battling in the field of arguably the fastest GT race cars of the world?

But that doesn't mean he will bow down to the biggest names of racing...

PART I - A FAMILY MATTER

Page 1 - Restoration

Time: 7 pm, two days later

Light...

I see light...

And then...

Aahhh... it's too bright. I can only make out the tiled ceiling. Huh? Where am I?

Toru: "Huh? Louis-san? Louis-san!"

Nina: "I'll seek assistance outside."

I'm in a warm, hospital room. Last time I checked, I finally whooped Sebastien Loeb. Then the unexpected came...

Toru: "I'm glad you've finally awakened!"

Louis: "To... Toru? Hey there..."

Toru: "Don't "hey there" me! We're all worried! You've been lying like a vegetable for two days!"

Two days? Wow...

Then Nina and a nurse came in. The latter takes time to write her findings, and then proceeds to check my blood pressure.

Nurse: "110 over 70. So far so good, sir."

Nina: "Perhaps it's the fatigue that knocked you out. You should take extra caution to your health."

Louis: "Sorry I made you guys worry."

Nurse: "I'll ask the kitchen staff to prepare dinner. Please wait for an hour or two."

Nina: "Thank you very much."

Seriously though, I wonder what made my heart gain piercing pain that I collapsed? It is true that I exerted a lot of effort during that race, but that's actually typical to any race car driver, right?

Nina: "Tomorrow, I shall ask when will you be discharged. Until then, please relax in order to speed up your recuperation."

The next day, Monsieur Stephan pays a visit. He informed me that I shouldn't worry about the hospital bills as he had that already taken care of.

Stephan: "Good thing you've finally came to your senses. How are you feeling?"

Louis: "I'm doing okay. I can even get out of this hospital at this very moment."

Stephan: "Fat chance. You'll stay here until tomorrow. Nina is arranging the papers for your release."

Louis: "I see. So what are our plans now?"

Stephan: "We'll proceed as planned. Nothing really changed. We will head to Japan two weeks from now. The only thing new is your practice regimen. The doctor recommends that you must limit your racing activity. Hence Nina will also have to partake. Let's say, for an entire race, I'll just save you for the last few laps."

Last few laps? That's kinda mean, especially on the "few" part. I always want to drive. It's built in my system.

Stephan: "But still, I can give you the liberty to practice in Le Mans next week. It's just that Nina will supervise, and I have already instructed her to monitor your activity, and stop you if she thinks you're overdoing it."

Louis: "Thank you for the concern, but I'll drive like I always do. I still have a long way to go. No ailment shall get in the way of my dreams."

Stephan: "Silly. Stop talking like you're a drama king. Rest up. The folks from Bugatti hasn't even heard of this, so you must be in your top form at the soonest possible time."

Time: 11:45 am, a week later

Despite their defeats from the snow rally challenges in Chamonix, life goes on for Dream Alliance. Takuma tags along, in case he is needed for the upcoming races.

The Super GT series is just around the corner, and it's one tournament the Dream Alliance shows full force.

Hiroyuki watches his son, Nobuhiko, performing test laps of their weapon of choice.

21514848398_a4c7ea9076_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Our growth shall not be stopped by defeat. We have no reason to halt."

21514847138_1bc34338de_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko, having heard of his rivaling team's exploits, urged himself to perform better and restore the pride of his team.

21702668795_d98a25a401_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "It is no doubt that Blue Streak Racing shows promise. I commend them for their ability."

21676605136_11656b8efb_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "But then, I shall represent for Super GT, the season when Dream Alliance is feared by many. I will make that stick. I will stop Blue Streak Racing's winning "streak" in ways they cannot imagine.

I am the fastest in Dream Alliance. Louis Montagny is yet to know my strength."

21514844448_34927de3d0_c.jpg

Hiroyuki then opens up the communication, as lunch time is near.

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko, that will be the last lap. Lunch is served."

Nobuhiko: "Roger."

Time: 6 pm, the next day

All right, I'm back to business. After the discharge, I spent the remaining week to rest. Now, it's time to get back in shape.

But... Nina accompanies me today, under Monsieur Stephan's orders. Does she really have to? She looks like a babysitter for this. Okay then, I'll limit my runs if that's what they want.

21514843938_02e259a537_c.jpg

The sunset is still bright, which cheers me up.

21514735080_b9c3c88512_c.jpg

Charging back at the Hunaudieres straight, I guess the GT-R's constant top speed of over 300 km/h is acceptable, given that it has to comply with the FIA GT regulations when it comes to aerodynamics.

21514734180_5bb50367a2_c.jpg

Are Super GT cars this fast? With this experience, I can say that they're far better than GT3-spec machines. GT3 race cars have so much drag, that they struggle to touch 300 km/h. But as for Super GT cars, it's quite the contrary. According to Nina, 300 km/h slipstreams in Fuji Speedway in Japan are normal.

21702664015_4f18eae711_c.jpg

Brake hard for the 90-degree turn. Despite all the speed they can carry, they can still take corners faster than the rest of the touring cars!

21702662895_12ceac9b8e_c.jpg

No wonder they are claimed to be the fastest production-based racing cars in the world! This is getting more fascinating. I wonder if I'll clash against the Dream Alliance once again with this.

Time: 1 pm

Meanwhile, nestled within the Toronto metropolis, is a wide complex that houses modern racing technology, and as well as the most advanced racing cars.

It is safe to assume that it's headquarters of a big-shot racing team. It is. A red bird logo can be seen by the public eye, and it represents Ravenwest Racing, one of the known elite racing teams around the world.

Resting within the underground garage is this...

21702662115_bb70b3ce95_c.jpg

Two men are seen approaching the car. Both are top racing car drivers who have undergone rigorous training and have accomplished feats in North America. One is of Arabian nationality, while the other is French-Canadian.

The former is named Faisal Mahmoud, who has been in the team since its inception, while the latter is no other than Francois Montagny, who may be a junior member, but his intelligence and refinement are praised even by his racing chief.

Faisal:
"The boss told me that you are to borrow this car. He sees no problem with that, but you must take care of it."

Francois simply smiles off that little warning.

Francois:
"Of course, I place refinement above everything else. Not a single scratch shall be allowed to touch this precious bodywork. I commend the engineers who toiled day and night to produce such extravagance."

Faisal: "We are on a break for the moment, and yet you want to go to Japan to race that car? Why?"

Francois: "I'm seeing someone."

Faisal: "Is it part of your plan?"

Francois: "Of course. Like I said, it's a family matter."

Faisal: "Just make sure you won't drag our team's name down."

Francois: "Do not worry a thing about it. I'll do it as neatly as possible. Though of course, it won't be an easy task. But I assure you, I won't let you guys involved.

It's just that now's the time. I can't afford to stall. My plans have to be set in motion."

End of Page 1

Oh no... Ravenwest!? That Ravenwest? That is one unexpected new party, I can say that much. :eek:
And for their weapon to be the Alpine... Things in SuperGT have just gotten (even) more interesting. And Louis will have to contend with yet another strong French racer, which will definitely add up to his adrenaline. His inner beast will be quite happy with the new blood who will join the series, not just Nobuhiko but also François.

May I ask, why did you chose the normal Alpine in lieu of the Racing version?

Oh no... Ravenwest!? That Ravenwest? That is one unexpected new party, I can say that much. And for their weapon to be the Alpine... Things in SuperGT have just gotten (even) more interesting. And Louis will have to contend with yet another strong French racer, which will definitely add up to his adrenaline.

May I ask, why did you chose the normal Alpine in lieu of the Racing version?

Actually, Francois and even the entire Ravenwest take no interest in joining the Super GT. Not now as of this writing.

Francois is the central character from the team who'll play the antagonistic role.

Now, who is Francois?

He's the lone son of the parents that Louis lived with during his time in Quebec. In short, he's Louis' cousin. While the two are yet to meet, Francois already has a bad blood with Louis. You'll find out why soon enough.

Actually, Francois and even the entire Ravenwest take no interest in joining the Super GT. Not now as of this writing.

Francois is the central character from the team who'll play the antagonistic role.

Now, who is Francois?

He's the lone son of the parents that Louis lived with during his time in Quebec. In short, he's Louis' cousin. While the two are yet to meet, Francois already has a bad blood with Louis. You'll find out why soon enough.

I see... so Francois was merely introduced now to show that he will be gunning for Louis, and that he has a VGT in his possession in order to run those plans. And yet, I dunno if he may not join SuperGT... if he sees Louis racing there, why not take advantage of such an opportunity?

Also, he is Louis' cousin... Oh dear, more family bad-blood coming Louis way soon enough.

Page 2 - Relative

Time: 11 am, a week later.

I'm back, Japan. Well, I cannot really say that I have fond memories here since I was then hiding from Rouge and Fate. But with them gone, I'm sure my stay here will be a lot better.

The gang's all here, including Dmitri, who just finished signing the contract. He, too, will drive in Super GT, knowing my health condition already. Does everyone in the team really have to know? I prefer it to be private.

For a start, Toru has offered to use his house for all of us to stay, though the crew members are to stay in a hotel. Still, that saves us money.

I cannot thank him enough for that, hence I helped him back, by cooking lunch with him. He teaches me how to cook some basic Japanese dishes. They're quite tough to get them right, hehe.

Thankfully though, the lunch is not a disaster.

Dmitri: "Tastes good. I must say, you have a good hand in cooking."

Stephan: "I agree."

Nina: "Any plans after lunch? We have the entire day all by ourselves."

Louis: "I'll go out alone, just to have a stroll around."

Toru: "I see. Well, I guess I have to act as a tour guide for the rest of us here."

Nina: "Where do you want to go, Louis?"

Louis: "I'm heading to Harajuku Omoutesando, because of the cool shops, and then to Aoyama. I researched them before the flight. I'll go to Kanonji Mochi Shop in Aoyama, since it's ultra popular among foreigners."

Maybe I can meet Takuma Kanonji there. That shop became popular because of the Dream Alliance.

Toru: "Well then, the day's filled! Let's all have fun! I'm sure we're all tired from the flight, but I'll make this day fun for you!"

Toru's more cheerful than usual. And I thought he hates his life here... Weird.

Time: 4 pm

Meanwhile, Francois is roaming around the streets with his borrowed car.

21102775574_c7b68fd637_c.jpg

The car in question is completely street legal, while being able to compete in various races for Ravenwest.

However, after a brief stop at the intersection, he notices Louis walking among the citizens. At the green light, Francois makes a swift move, attempting to follow Louis.

relative_1.jpg

Francois: "There's no mistaking it. That's Louis. Perhaps the Super GT is just around the corner. Maybe I ought to meet him today. I know how relatives roll."

relative_2.jpg

I relied on my phone's GPS for the entire stroll. I'm quite tired, hence I am heading to the Mochi Shop to finally try out their world-famous Red Bean Mochi.

Without much effort, I located the shop. Huh, it's quite small. And a lot are patronizing it. Plus, I do see some foreigners inside.

I queued up. And much to my chagrin, the menu is in Japanese. But I do overhear a cashier speaking in simple English. Perhaps the staff is trained to converse in English knowing the popularity of this shop.

While looking at the menu displayed above, someone taps on my back.

Francois: "Excuse me? You're... Louis Montagny, right?"

Huh? How does he know my name? Could he be a relative, based on his looks? He looks like Uncle Ansell.

Louis: "Yes. And who are you?"

Francois: "I'm actually your cousin. My name is Francois."

Oh... so he's Francois. During my stay in Quebec, he is mentioned by Uncle and Auntie for a few times, and that I should meet him. He is their only child, they said.

After making our orders, we luckily found ourselves a table.

Louis: "I've heard you from your father and mother."

Francois: "So you did live with them for quite some time. They told me. My parents are really caring, even for relatives, and they would even offer you to stay with them. I'm sure you enjoyed a life of luxury."

Louis: "That's true. They even paid for my studies. Not that I ask for it. I can't thank them enough for their generosity, after my father passed away."

Francois: "Oh, I am so sorry to hear your father's passing. Your father and my father were close."

Louis: "Where have you been all this time? I never saw you during my time in Quebec."

Francois: "When I am about to enter my elementary school years, they sent me to Paris. I lived most of my life there, and found a living as well, as a race car driver like you."

Oh, so he races too?

Louis: "Really? What team do you belong?"

Francois: "Ravenwest Racing, based in Canada. We mostly race in North America, and I'm quite bummed that we rarely race in Europe and Asia. I'm pushing the team for a bigger global presence."

Louis: "Someday then, we would be rivals."

Francois: "Soon enough."

He said that rather cryptically. Huh, perhaps you know my exploits. Well then, I won't back down even against a relative.

Louis: "Looking forward to that."

Finally, our snack is here. Though Francois' mochi is in a to-go box. He stands up, prepared to leave. Hey, um...

Francois: "May I know your contact number? Let's get to know each other some more. After all, you will stay here for long, right? Super GT?"

Louis: "Sure. No problem."

Francois: "Sorry to cut this short, which is why I'm asking for your number."

Francois gives me a pen, and then I write my number on the leaflet I got from the counter. I don't read leaflets anyway, unless they truly pique my interest, which rarely happens.

Francois: "Thank you. I shall take my leave. Sorry if this meeting is short for you."

Louis: "No problem. It was nice meeting you."

Francois: "Hehe. Same here. I gotta go."

That was indeed short. But not exactly warm either. He's quite an odd fellow. And it's also odd that we met each other today like destiny determined it.

And then... my phone rings, just as I am about to taste the mochi. Oh, it's Toru.

Louis: "Hello?"

Toru: "Want to go out for a drive? I had to cut the tour short because they are tired and we went back home."

I'm tired too. But I need someone to talk to, at least that gives me some energy.

Louis: "Sure. No problem."

Toru: "Where are you?"

Louis: "Do you know the Kanonji Mochi Shop? I'm here at this shop."

Toru: "Of course I do. I'll pick you up there."

Well then, time to consume my snack. So far, they live up to the reputation. Red beans aren't so bad after all.

Half an hour later, Toru arrived in his white heavily-tuned Mitsubishi FTO that he showed to me earlier.

Another half hour of traveling, we are at the mountains of Kanagawa. The only memory I have of this place is my first encounter with Yuki.

Whoa... Hey Toru, isn't this scary? We're in a mountain pass...

relative_3.jpg

Toru: "This FTO rocks! To think an Evo drivetrain was squeezed in here."

Louis: "Surely it's an expensive tune."

Toru: "This used to belong to my older brother. But after he passed away, this car was meant to be auctioned off, but I bought it at the last minute."

Louis: "You must miss your older brother then."

Toru's driving became more aggressive. He steps on the brakes much later. Did I say something offensive?

relative_4.jpg

Toru: "In truth... no. I never miss him at all. He made me feel like I'm just living under his shadow. My parents forced me to be like him. He's a perfect role model for them."

All right, this is getting more dangerous. He's nuts. Are local street racers here this crazy on a mountain pass?

relative_5.jpg

Toru: "The only brother I recognize... is you."

Really? I never saw myself being the brother figure, being an only child and all. But it turns out I have it in me, to think I always make Toru happy ever since we first met.

relative_6.jpg

Suddenly, I notice a gloomy look on Toru's face. Perhaps jet lag gets the best of us.

Louis: "Are you okay?"

Toru: "Uhhhh..."

He then stops the car. I think he has something important to say. Don't tell me this is still regarding what happened before.

Toru: "I'm quite sad."

Louis: "Huh? Why? Is it because of what happened in Chamonix?"

Toru: "I came to realize that even the things we treasure the most can also easily go away."

Louis: "What are you talking about?"

Toru: "I'm talking about you. You are the only person I treasure the most. You make me feel that I have a loving brother. I can't afford to lose you, you know? What if the same happens later on, or much worse?"

Louis: "Sigh... Toru... there's no use worrying about me right now. I love you as my little brother, but you should not worry so much about me. What makes me happy is the fact that you are happy. I want a little brother that always cheers me up when I'm blue, the one that makes my day.

So don't be sad, okay? If you are so much concerned about me, then you must be happy, if you want to me to be healthy and happy. That's the only thing you must do. Worry no more, okay?

Now, time to hit back to first gear and let's drive."

He now shows a smile and then nods. Thankfully I reassured him.

Toru, whatever challenge I'm going through, I'll fight them for you. Even if it's a life-threatening disease.

You too, make me feel I have a true brother. Little brothers provide smiles, am I right?

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Brute

Time: 1 pm, two days later

I'd rather forget what transpired two days ago, when Toru took me for a drive at the mountains. I told him that as well, and to keep in mind that he always have to be happy for my sake.

All right, with that in mind, let's return to regular programming.

I'll eat lunch later, as I have a track to memorize. I'm surprised that a track of this caliber complies with the FIA standards.

21131677213_84ee99d003_c.jpg

It's situated in a dense forest, and isn't that dangerous?

21564832418_3d72786ca1_c.jpg

And here goes another problem. I'm limited to 10 laps on practice. Great. My potential is being held back here, because of what happened.

21762075031_4f8cd7e03b_c.jpg

Plus, they didn't even tell me one bit about my medical condition. Monsieur Stephan just tells me not to push too hard on myself. I'm sure there's something deeper going on.

21565827589_ce54641cd4_c.jpg

But I'm sure as hell that I must not be restrained in chains! I'm clashing against the Dream Alliance's top drivers!

21129973294_fbc8bd4f2d_c.jpg

No disease can stop me! I'll fight until my last breath!

Nina: "You're practice session is over. Please return to the pit lane and have your lunch. It is essential to eat at the right time."

Louis: "Sigh... all right all right. I'll pit in."

What the heck. I'm hungry.

21564829078_3250321c87_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Francois is only having a leisure time in his hotel room.

He is just typing something on his laptop, but then pauses to have some thoughts...

Francois: "I finally met you, Louis. You may look casual, but you cannot hide the fact that you are nothing more than a low-class brute who just fights his way.

I don't know, how can a person like you achieve so much? You have little class, and you are brash. I am aware of what you did in Redview."

He then goes to his e-mail, and then inserts files in the composition.

Francois: "Simply put, you are a dog. Dogs are always fed by their masters, and they only bow out and follow commands. To think you even lived in luxury with my parents. Well, at least you experienced a lavish life that you'll never ever have.

No matter how much you put on to yourself, YOU ARE STILL A DOG. A brute, wild dog that needs to be leashed."

Then he types a simple message in the body.

Francois: "Louis, you took something very dear from me. The one thing that truly belongs to a person with class like me. How dare you. How could someone like you be given a grand opportunity? Dogs will always be dogs."

Then he sends the e-mail message to Bugatti's official headquarters. The contents are only known to him...

Francois: "I'm simply take what's truly mine. I shall teach you a lesson. That Bugatti racing machine belongs to a worthy driver, which is me, no less.

I will end this facade once and for all. Let's see who shall bow out in the end."

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Volunteer cars needed for this entire story: Toyota FT-1 VGT (Silver/Red; RH tires) and Alpine VGT (Ceramic Black; RH tires)

- And as for you, Francois, careful with what you're planning... you have yet to see Zephyr's Louis' inner beast. He's not a mere dog... hehe.

Page 4 - Death's Door

Time: 1 pm, the next day

Meanwhile, in the sunny Daytona Beach in Florida, USA, a sole car runs in the city's most popular circuit - the Daytona International Speedway, home of NASCAR and the Daytona 24 Hours Endurance.

21595754000_0bff6fd0f8_c.jpg

Andy, who hasn't been active for quite some time, is taking out his recently restored Chaparral 2D once again for a spin. But this isn't merely killing off time.

21162723433_b70a87e345_c.jpg

As it turns out, a third of Dream Alliance's mechanic team was being sent to America by Hiroyuki's orders. Owen Watson is also ordered to pair up with Andy.

21161081204_08019250d8_c.jpg

However, in the midst of practice, Andy's phone vibrates, and he notices the backlight. It's his ex-girlfriend Melissa who turns out paying a visit. He puts it in loudspeaker.

Andy: "Melissa?"

Melissa: "Nice Chaparral. I'm here by the pit lane. I never realized you have a big-shot crew backing you up."

Andy: "You're here? Wait a sec."

He abruptly ends the call and decides to enter the pit lane instead.

21596873559_da8d19e4ef_c.jpg

Upon entering, he sees Melissa just staring at the team's equipment.

Andy: "Quite a surprise."

Melissa: "I was looking for you in Los Angeles. Why here in Florida?"

Andy: "Under my boss' orders."

Melissa: "You think a crew of five will make me jealous? I think not. But hey, it's nice to see you moving up. I thought you're just plainly hanging by."

Andy: "I was thinking of that too. But thankfully I am now in the action."

Melissa: "Action? What are you talking about?"

Andy: "Ravenwest. My team plans to establish a presence here in America. Apparently, we're only popular in Japan and Europe. But of course we're made aware of Ravenwest Racing's potential."

Melissa: "Dream Alliance. Challenging what's beyond their limits. I like your team's style. Ravenwest Racing is indeed the real deal. Expect a rough ride."

Andy: "Yeah. But my trusty Chappy here will show 'em what's coming."

Andy crosses his arms, looking at the 2D with a grin on his face. Looks like Andy will come up with a surprise, perhaps to the world. He has been dormant lately...

Location: A rented garage in across Toru's home, Harajuku, Tokyo, Japan
Time: 2 am

What a day of practice. Sure, I may have been given limited laps, but that doesn't mean I sat the entire day.

21161079814_a0c1143e26_c.jpg

Right now, I just finished double-checking the parts and setup for next week's first round. I spent the entire night for that? Wow, time does pass by very quick when you're on to something.

But then I'm not alone, Dmitri enters this rented garage. Well, I'm not sure if I can call it a rent, since it's an abandoned garage and no one is yet to buy the property. We just put the car here, the trailer's outside, and one of our crew members is standing guard.

Dmitri: "Still cannot sleep? Surely you've been thinking why you're being restricted."

You read my mind there. Yeah, I do wonder why. Is it truly because of my collapse in Chamonix? It concerns about my health anyway, so I deserve to know. I, of all people, should know it firsthand.

Dmitri: "I don't care if I get scolded after I say this, but I am just concerned. It's about your health, and you should be the very first person who should know this, not us.

The reason why we keep your condition a secret is because Mr. Stephan doesn't want you to worry a lot, and that you should focus on fulfilling your dreams. That's exactly what he said. He is just as worried as the rest of us. Do not misunderstand his judgement.

I am simply more worried. I think keeping this as a secret is not a good idea at all. You are bound to find out, anyway."

Get to point Dmitri, please. I want to know. I have the right to.

Dmitri: "I hope you can still sleep tonight after I say this:

"You are currently suffering from end-stage heart failure..."

Upon hearing that, everything crumbles beneath my feet. Are my hopes and dreams meant to shatter?

So my life will end similarly to my father's? I know death is an inevitable matter, but I am completely shattered when I now realize that I'm just knocking to its door.

No... it can't be.

Dmitri: "No one wants to bear the bad news. But that's not meant to be bottled up, either.

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Battle of Legends

I'm just a step away from leaving this world, huh? Why? What have I done to deserve such cruel fate? I thought, I'm cleansed from my past.

All that I have achieved... and my dreams that are yet to be fulfilled... are all meant to disappear???

Dmitri: "But if there's any consolation, Nina is already looking for a donor."

Louis: "Donor? You mean, getting another person's heart? How? Someone has to die to save my life?"

Dmitri: "I made research about it. Donor hearts come from cadavers. Well, those who died hours ago, that is."

That's too obscene to hear, to be honest. Though I'm amazed how modern technology can keep those hearts beating.

Louis: "Won't that be an expensive operation? I don't want this team to shell out funds just because of me."

Dmitri: "Everyone wants to save you. You don't have to carry on alone.

Plus, our first race is on the weekend. We still need you, even if you are to run for the last few laps. Mr. Stephan has high hopes for you, and he's doing whatever he can to save you.

So please, just put your focus back. Good night."

Dmitri then heads back. I stand alone, staring up at the blank dark sky. Not a speck of a star can be seen. A slight gust keeps me cold for a bit.

Maybe it is time for me to sleep. Who knows? Sleeping this late can be bad for the heart.

Time: 10 am, Saturday. First round of Super GT

It's a big day here. Even for a cramped circuit like this, a grand celebration ensues.

Then models with parasols stand by each of our cars, another attraction for the tourists and onlookers.

Then as expected, Dream Alliance here, with that grey Toyota representing them. Oh, Rob's here too. Great, I have a friend who I can bicker with.

Since I'm ordered for the entire season to stay put, I'll take their advice. I'll sit down, if it means prolonging my life here.

Half an hour later, the race officially begins. Dmitri will be driving first.

firstenc.jpg

Nina then approaches me.

Nina: "Did Mr. Dmitri tell you everything?"

Louis: "Yes. Every single bit. You don't have to keep this from me."

Nina: "Your focus and performance for the season is the utmost priority. There is a large probability of decrease in your performance if we tell your condition to you."

Louis: "I can even tell that I'm going to die, anyway. And then there's the question of the donor."

Nina: "We are performing numerous searches for the donor. Right, Toru-san?"

Toru looks like he's being surprised. But then returns to his composure.

Toru: "Oh... yes."

firstenc_1.jpg

firstenc_2.jpg

Something's off. Toru is usually energetic. I can tell he's masking his worries right now. Even a smile doesn't work.

Toru: "Ummmm... we're getting close to finding a donor, Louis-san. You'll be back on track even before this season ends!"

Nina: "So there's no reason for you to feel down, Mr. Louis. Let's support Mr. Dmitri for now."

firstenc_3.jpg

They're trying their very best to put me back to shape. But what if...?

Louis: "What if you can't find the donor? I'm telling you, I resigned to my fate. If the grim reaper is ready, then so am I."

Toru: "Don't say another word about death! Have hope!"

firstenc_4.jpg

I then look at the ranking board on the screen. Amazing... Dmitri quickly rises up the ranks. He can be a good replacement for me.

firstenc_5.jpg

Louis: "Sigh.."

Meanwhile, at the bleachers...

Francois:
"Hehehehehehe... a Bugatti executive is on his way here, and will soon have a lovely talk with you, Louis. They got the evidence they need to get rid of you of their program.

Everything falls in to place. I like it. I'm getting close."

Half an hour has passed, and it seems that it's my turn.

I then catch a glimpse of Rob looking at me. But I didn't mind, as I put on my helmet.

Happy to see me again?

Rob: "Nobuhiko! Listen to me first."

Nobuhiko: "What is it?"

Rob: "You're dealing with Louis from this moment on. Let me tell you, he's not playing around. Put your focus into full tilt."

Nobuhiko: "Right. You raced him before."

Rob: "Lose your concentration a bit, and he'll be all around you. He's like an annoying fly. You only have a few laps, so don't blow it."

Let's go. I'm motivated to win this race for now. New tires - check. Fuel - filled up. This may be my last, who knows.

My chase starts. Interesting... looks like he's going to be pretty hard to budge.

firstenc_7.jpg

Make it worthwhile for me, Dream Alliance.

End of Page 5

Page 6: Introductions

It's just the last few laps, and as arranged, I am to run in order to ensure victory. Clever strategy, but in truth this concerns about my deteriorating heart.

With my life hanging by a thread, who knows this could be my last.

Background Music

deep.jpg

But Dream Alliance would never send a clown behind the wheel especially if it's the last leg. Judging by the movement of that car in front of me, he's very skilled. His lines are very sharp. He has precision.

deep_1.jpg

Nobuhiko: "So you're Louis Montagny. You sure gave our team a very hard time lately. You live up to what Rob-san said a while back."

At the Dream Alliance pit garage:

While tension is surely present in the air, Hiroyuki simply crosses his arms. He observes his drivers talking among themselves, but eavesdropping is something he despises, unless necessary. But for now, he simply breathes out a sigh.

Hiroyuki: "My son, you can learn a lot from Louis. He'll surely bring you to places you've never been. If you want to beat Rob or Takuma, then Louis is the way. He's the gateway to the next level.

But on the subject of Louis, he seems... different. Could it be the aftermath of his collapse in Chamonix?

Out of all the opponents we've trifled with, he's the most fascinating."

Then they all see the two cars blitz by the main straight, starting the next lap.

Takuma: "They've passed the straight! They're too close! You know... I wish to race with Louis one day. I wonder how it would turn out? I'm always up for a much harder challenge."

Rob: "That day would come, sweetheart. And it's closer than you think. When that time comes, tell me how'd it turn out. Chances are, it'll be the similar to mine."

Takuma: "Oh really??? Heh... I do things a lot different from you, Deckard!"

Aha! You went in too fast! Sorry, but that opportunity is too grand to let it pass.

deep_2.jpg

Bonjour. Nice to meet you. I'm Louis Montagny. That name will burn in your memories forever, and I'll make sure of it.

deep_3.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What the hell?! Are you provoking me?! As if that would work!"

Sorry, the trophy would be mine. But I still want to play. At least you are making me feel alive. I'm about to die, anyway. Make the most out of my last moments.

deep_4.jpg

Nobuhiko: "If you want to play, then I'm sorry. I'll go full force. Thanks to my teammates, I am aware that you are to be taken seriously."

Ahhh... passing from the outside? Risky, but cool nonetheless.

deep_5.jpg

And that Toyota makes a nice sound, by the way.

Nobuhiko: "The lightweight, electric flywheel provides additional burst of power. Hence I can catch you at the turns."

deep_6.jpg

Are you one of Dream Alliance's top drivers? Seriously, you put up a good fight.

On the straight, that big-winged Toyota blasts away. But then I can make up when I enter the turn.

deep_7.jpg

Just a little more. Hey heart, hold out a little more, will ya? Though I don't feel much pain for now.

deep_8.jpg

At least let me die after beating this worthy adversary. I can leave the world when I blotch Dream Alliance's winning streak again, in the championship where they are said to be at their strongest.

deep_9.jpg

Slipstreaming from behind. That's it, I'm reeling him in.

Last corner again before starting another lap. Wait... what?

deep_10.jpg

There's smoke coming out from the opponent's car. And it enters the pit lane. Looks like our epic duel is cut short by mechanical trouble. Too bad for you.

Nobuhiko: "No!!! The KERS malfunctioned!"

deep_11.jpg

I won't consider this a win on my part. I don't accept winning by plain luck. Time to finish the remaining laps, then...

So... that means I'm leaving this world without an epic battle? That sucks.

I know how it feels to fail when you're getting close. Hence, I won't celebrate my victory in the first round. Let my teammates savor it instead.

Toru: "I can't believe this. You actually beat Nobuhiko Hiramoto! He's the most feared racer of Super GT!"

Louis: "Really? No wonder I had a hard time overtaking him. Though I don't believe in winning by chance. For me, victories must be earned."

Toru: "Well, a win is still a win, nonetheless. You deserve this."

Oh look, Rob and... who's that teammate of his? Could he be the one I raced with a while back?

Rob: "Louis. Meet Nobuhiko Hiramoto. He's still learning English."

I see. Rob... just to poke fun at you since I won, I'll introduce myself in French. You understand French, am I right? Part of your job.

Who knows, maybe he will be the last person I will ever meet. He deserves to hear the beautiful French language, and I'm going to introduce formally.

Louis: "Bonjour, je m'appelle Louis Montagny. Je suis enchantee de vous rencontrer. J'ai 26 ans et j'habite à Le Mans."

(Greetings. I am Louis Montagny. I am pleased to meet you. I'm 26 years old and I live in Le Mans)

Rob: "He said it's a pleasure to meet you. Louis... I understand little French."

Nobuhiko: "Nice to meet you too. I will... win next time."

So he's Nobuhiko huh? What's with that silvery white hair? You watch way too much Anime... Still, he looks young. And I should fear him?

Rob: "He'll be looking forward to racing you again."

Louis: "Bien sûr! Je me réjouis de te rencontrer." (Of course! I'm looking forward to it.)

Rob: "Stop with your French. Last time I heard you speak English, it was all loud and clear."

Louis: "Je suis Francais. You understand?"

Rob: "Hmph. Merde."

Louis: "Co:censored:rd! Anyway, nice to meet you, Nobuhiko. I look forward to our next battle."

Why did I say that? Perhaps that would motivate me to live. I have yet to see his true potential.

Sorry to cut this short, as Monsieur Stephan is calling my attention. Something urgent, sir?

Stephan: "One of Bugatti's executives has flown here. He wants to meet us urgently tomorrow. I'd suggest you not to come."

Louis: "I will come. I have to know."

Stephan: "Oh all right. Nina will also come. She's our spokesperson anyway."

End of Page 6

Page 7: Brothers at Heart

Time: 7 am, the next day

Yesterday was quite a good day. We managed to win the first round, despite our current situation. I even get to meet the driver of that Toyota, who is said to be feared in Super GT circles.

Still though, it's no victory. I won by luck, and I don't recognize it. I look forward for the next race, assuming I can live for long...

And now, we're about to meet one of Bugatti's executives. I have to get dressed for this. Suit and tie are in order. But... why the sudden meeting? I even have yet to see that "racing car" they're about to unleash.

Monsieur Stephan and Nina will join me for the task. Toru and Dmitri will stay home, otherwise. Nothing bad will happen, right?

To start the day, I wake up and stretch my arms, early as usual. I keep the aircon on, since it's kinda hot here in Japan.

Louis: "Good morning, Toru..."

He's still asleep. Well, time to get dressed before he does. I'm sure the others are awake too.

Now, time to check my luggage. I always bring a suit and tie along with slacks just in case a formal meeting takes place.

Oh there they are. Perfect.

After having a refreshing bath that revitalizes my sleepy nerves, I head downstairs. Nina and Mr. Stephan are ready as well. But our meeting is scheduled at 9 am...

Nina: "You think it's okay for you to come?"

Louis: "I was chosen by Bugatti anyway, so I have to know what exactly is going on."

Stephan: "He's right. But judging by the tone of his voice from the phone, he's not in a good mood."

Nina: "Why, sir?"

Stephan: "I don't even know. All he said was we have to meet him in a restaurant in Ginza."

Louis: "Why bother going through the trouble of going here? Can't he wait for us to return to France?"

Stephan: "We will find out, soon enough."

Time: 9 am

We made it in time. And we manage to locate the executive in question. He looks like he's in his 50s. After exchanging greetings, that man just smiled at me. Have I already made an impression? We just shook hands...

His name is Claude Durheim, a German national who is one among the executives. Bugatti's mostly run by Germans, yet is classified as FRENCH car manufacturer. Odd...

Claude: "You are Louis Montagny, am I right? You have a promising career ahead, and one might think you have a clean slate."

What is he talking about?

Claude: "I'm getting immediately to the point. An anonymous e-mail was sent to us, which presented evidence of your street racing activities, and as well as violence against the police."

WHAT?! Hold on... was that Fate?! But he's already behind bars! Just as I thought I left my street racing days behind for good. Why does the past always keep on chasing after me?

Claude: "You see, we do need promising drivers. You are, no doubt, one among of them. But we need someone with a clean background. That's why, we are going to...

...take you out of the program. We, at Bugatti, aim for excellence. Our drivers must meet our standards."

NO... WAIT!

Stephan: "Sir, surely you can reconsider..."

Louis: "Please, allow me to-- aaaaahhhhh!"

MY HEART! THERE IT GOES AGAIN! AAHHH! THE PAIN!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT... ANYMORE.

And... I'm seeing darkness all over again.

Nina: "Louis!!!"

Stephan: "I will call for an ambulance! Nina, tend to him while you can!"

ONE WEEK LATER...

Time: 3 pm

Ooooh.... ahhh.... light...

And... someone's hand is reaching out to me. If I grab it, will I be given a chance to live?

Everything just shattered. My future's gone. I might as well be good as dead. I'm out of that Bugatti program, anyway. A grand opportunity taken away.

But as I turn my back, the hand simply grabbed me, and toss me back to reality.

The light is too bright... am I in an ICU? I can clearly hear beeping. I then budge my hands, in order to show a sign that I'm back... living a second chance.

Nina: "Louis!"

Dmitri: "He's finally awakened. I'll call a nurse."

Two hours later, they decided that I should be transferred to a regular room. I then touched my chest. I feel something rough and ragged. Then I looked down... Are those... stitches?

Nina: "You saw stitches? You've undergone a heart transplant."

Heart... transplant? Wait... why was this done all of a sudden? Shouldn't organ transplants be planned? So they have found a donor after all. But from whose corpse should I thank to?

Then sir Stephan gets in along with Dmitri. They look relieved, but all three of them suddenly show gloomy faces, looking down for a moment. Silence dominates the room. Wait... where's Toru? Shouldn't he be here too?

Louis: "Where's Toru?"

Stephan: "It's... you know... he's..."

Why can't he provide a straight answer? Nina then gives me a flash drive. Dmitri then checks if there's a USB slot for the Blu-Ray player just underneath the flat screen. Even this room is swanky.

What's really going on? They just turn on the TV, and then...

...the player shows a video of Toru, just sitting alone in his room.

Toru: "Hey, big brother. Are you okay now? I hope you can watch this. As you view this, I am in heaven, watching over you. You may feel a bit heavy on your chest, because...

...my heart is in there, beating with yours. Until the very end, we are brothers."

No... NO!!! Toru's heart is... he's...?

Background Music

Toru: "After you passed out in Chamonix, we found out that your life is hanging on a thread. And because we can't afford losing you, we decided on a heart transplant. I've thought long and hard for this, but I decided to give life to you. You gave me life too, you know? Though short, you made me live the happiest days of my life. You treated me like a real brother, and importantly...

...like a real human being. I never felt this so much love. *tears flowing* and how ironic that it has to come from someone whom I have no blood connection at all! You made me feel I live in a true family. You made me feel... love.

And that's why I gave my heart to you, to give back that love. I have yet to do that, and so that's the way I know how. I already have everything I need. A solid career, and a family that truly sees my worth. What more could I ask for?

I am against you having an artificial heart, because my beating heart means that I will always be with you, no matter what happens. You deserve a loving heart.

So please don't cry... My heart in your chest is a sign that I am a part of your life. I'm really, really glad I met you, Louis-san! Be strong, and be happy for me. You said that to me before, am I right?

Je t'aime beaucoup, Louis-san. Au revoir...

The video then ends. Next thing that happened...

...my tears have burst. Why, Toru? Why do you have to do this? I cried... then wailed everything out. You don't need to sacrifice my life for me! We can still have so many fond moments together!

Nina: "I'm sorry..."

Nina hugs me, while I keep on wailing.

Stephan: "We did everything we could to convince him otherwise, but his heart is truly into it. That's why Toru was rather silent lately. He was mentally preparing himself."

A week has passed again. I got discharged, medications were given, and we returned to Toru's home. It feels so depressing without him. Sir Stephan decided that we will skip the second round, in order for us to grieve.

Toru... I... love you very much too. I forgot how to say that in Japanese. I'm sorry.

torudeath.jpg

I'm sure this car is crying too. Well, can we cry together? How about a drive?

I then grabbed the keys. No one is around, as the three head off to discuss the GT-R's setup for the third round.

Instead of heading south to Kanagawa. I set up my phone's GPS to the north, something farther.

And it brought me to Gunma. Mt. Myogi to be precise. I want to be alone for a moment, with the one thing that truly reminds me of Toru.

torudeath_1.jpg

It's really scary fast, considering how steep mountain passes are.

torudeath_2.jpg

But it's highly maneuverable. No wonder Toru nicked this car off, which used to belong from his late brother.

Suddenly, a phone ring interrupts my solemn moment. It's just Nina...

Nina: "We've been looking for you. Where are you? You should rest in order for you to recover."

Louis: "Don't worry about me. I'm in Mt. Myogi in Gunma. I'm heading back to Tokyo, anyway. I need some time to be alone."

torudeath_3.jpg

The most depressing part is, that we will never ever have moments like this together.

torudeath_4.jpg

I simply could not thank you enough for this new life you gave to me. You sacrificed your life to give it to me. You don't have to, you know?

torudeath_5.jpg

And now... time to find the culprit who started this. He got you dragged into my past. Whoever did this...

...sank himself much lower. I'll take the liberty of pushing him down even more, so that he can fall to the depths of hell!

I don't care who you are. YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF ZEPHYR.

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I shed tears when I wrote the part of Toru's farewell video. It's hard to let that kid go, you know?

- Mt. Myogi will not be the only Course Maker track to be featured in Part I. Mt. Akina is coming next. :D

And we have our first Course Maker Track Path track in the history... One of many, I bet, because now you can really let your imagination flow.

But man, that last part... It is heavy stuff for sure, I won't spoil much for the sake of keeping the story in good condition, but that outcome is proof of how bonds can change a guy. R.I.P "that person"; you will not be forgotten. :(

Page 8 - The Wrath of Zephyr

Time: 7 pm

Sacrifice - an act of inducing harm to oneself in order to benefit the other. Most see it as an heroic act that won't be forgotten.

And that's what exactly Toru did. He was very well-aware of my condition, and took it upon himself to help me achieve my dreams...

...at the cost of his own life. His heart is now beating, alongside mine.

This is the only thing reminding me that I have a loving brother, who showed me how much of a loving person I can be, beneath my cool exterior.

Now, as I return home and take off my shoes, a new agenda enters my mind:

Find out who's responsible for sending that "anonymous E-mail" that attempted to take me out in Bugatti's program. That person is yet to realize the damage done - much more than he/she intended.

Too bad for that person though, we have a robot in the team. Nina.

First move - approach her.

Louis: "Sorry for storming out without letting you know about it. Don't worry, I just went out to cool my mind off."

Nina: "Grief is something difficult to get over with, according to my brother..."

Louis: "That's true. Now, for me to get that over with, I want you to do something for me."

Nina: "A favor?"

Louis: "You've heard that Bugatti executive claiming that he received an e-mail that presented the evidence of my street racing days. Find out who sent it."

Nina: "I can hack through Bugatti's database with full efficiency and discretion. But for what intended purpose?"

Louis: "That sender has yet to realize he took a life."

Nina: "Vengeance? Please, think--"

Louis: "I have decided already. Just do that simple task for me. I'm sure you too, have found his act to be dirty and below the belt."

Nina: "Understood. Performing infiltration of Bugatti's database. For the meantime, please prepare dinner."

Louis: "All right."

Time: 9 am, the next day

It feels so different waking up in a room without the person whom you cherish the most at your side. I used to shake his body in order for him to wake up. Now... I only see a well-made bed. Of course I won't sleep on it, out of respect.

Don't worry, Toru... the person responsible will pay. I'll make sure of it. You don't have to be involved with this.

After a quick shower and getting dressed, I head downstairs, approaching Nina once again to get an update.

Nina: "Good morning, Monsieur Louis. I have prepared French Toast for you."

Looks lovely. Time to chow down.

Louis: "So, have you found the culprit?"

Nina: "Affirmative. I have successfully accessed Bugatti's support division. But are you really sure about this?"

Louis: "Nina, you cannot bend my will right now. This is not only for Toru. Who knows, that person might do something much worse, like putting our entire team down. It has to stop. I don't care what will happen to me next."

Nina: "The E-mail address is francois. montagny @ ravenwest. com. Clearly, this was an E-mail account from the elite Ravenwest racing team in Canada. It's not a personal account, so this made hacking much easier. I then accessed Ravenwest's website and found the contact list of its drivers. The E-mail belongs to none other than Francois Montagny. With the last name similar to yours, is he your relative?"

You made one big mistake. I don't care if you are my cousin, Francois. Good thing we are yet to getting to know each other.

But I'll assure you, YOU'LL DEFINITELY know me... at my worst. You may have done a nice move, but mine will assure checkmate.

This is when Blood-Is-Thicker-Than-Water ideal gets thrown out of the window. The fact that you did something dirty for your own benefit, is something unforgivable even within the family.

Don't you ever dare make a mistake of calling me, if you wish to have a happy life. If you do... hell breaks loose.

Nina: "Please don't do anything that will risk the reputation of our team."

Louis: "Oh I won't. That Francois guy already did, in to his very own team."

Time: 3 pm

So while I'm just holding my rage, I take a stroll to the lively Harajuku District, just a walk away from Toru's home.

So many teenage girls in their outlandish outfits. Perhaps that's one among the bizarre facets of the Japanese culture. Frills, fluffy skirts, rabbit ear headbands, kitty mittens, or whatever crazy accessory you can think of.

While drinking coffee in a cafe, I feel my phone vibrate. Yes, I always put my phone in silent mode, as my little courtesy.

As I look at the large menu screen... oh look who called - FRANCOIS. Heh. You have made your life miserable from this moment on. If you even bothered to ask the racers of Redview how I roll...

Francois: "Oh hey. I was thinking of hanging out. You know, getting to know more of each other."

Don't sound like you're clean. Even moguls have their dirtiest secrets and tactics in their arsenal.

Louis: "Sure. I was thinking of the same thing. Where?"

Francois: "I'm in Ginza right now."

Louis: "All right. I'll take a train. Can you wait for me for half an hour?"

Francois: "Sure."

There. HALF AN HOUR. That's a large window for you to think about it, and run away. Because if you did wait, what will happen next will not be so pleasant.

I then take a subway or "Chikatetsu" in Japanese. Getting to Ginza is quicker than I thought. And so I arrived ahead of schedule.

Ginza district, as Toru mentioned once, is an upscale district to those who fancy upmarket brands. Chanel, Louis Vuitton, you know, the usual suspects.

Before I can even grab my phone to inform him that I'm here, I see Francois, walking leisurely wearing a seemingly expensive leather jacket. Really? In the middle of summer?

But later on, that would be valued nothing... It will be in shreds.

Francois: "Oh hey!"

Louis: "Hey."

He reaches out his hand. Oh that's it... hell starts now.

I simply took it, and then drag him all the way to an alley.

Francois: "H-Hey!"

Don't "hey" me. From this point on, you are my enemy.

Then I slammed him to the wall, and then punched him to the gut.

Francois: "Ahh..."

Louis: "Don't act innocent here. I know what you did."

Francois: "Did what?"

I punched his cheek. Oh... a tooth fell out. You're quite fragile.

Louis: "How could you do this to me?! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ME OUT OF BUGATTI'S RACING PROGRAM!"

Francois: "Heh. Oh... that. Well simply because you don't deserve it. IT SHOULD BE MINE!"

He pushed me back, but then I punched him once again, sending him back to the wall.

Francois: "I can't believe that a filthy dog like you would get such prestige! Dogs will always be dogs!"

Dog? Heh... I'm much worse than that.

Louis: "Oh I'm not a dog. I'm a beast. A savage beast that will tear you to shreds."

Francois: "Then that's much worse, you idiot. To think my parents even took you in. Last thing left is a foul stench. Do you even have an idea how much I've toiled, in the hopes of getting that spot?!"

Louis: "Then that doesn't give you the right to steal it! You did a crime. A heinous one. You murdered someone."

Francois: "Really?"

Don't smirk at me like that. Because of that, I smacked him down to the ground, and my fist ready to punch where his heart is.

Louis: "You want to experience the pain I'm feeling right now? Don't you dare smirk at me, imbecile. Just because you're rich doesn't give you the right to step on someone. You step on me, and I will stomp on you, until you fall to hell.

I will make you feel the slowest and most gruesome pain imaginable. GUILT. Guilt kills someone slowly. Yeah, that's the best, or rather, worst way to kill. I'm not going to dig your grave in such wonderful country.

You would take away someone else's dreams. That's much worse than everything I did in Redview. I'll truly take away yours.

However, I will give you the chance to defend your honor, the way we do best. A race. You are a race car driver, am I right? Let us have a duel, in the mountains up north. If you are "prestigious" or "refined" as you claim to be, you'd man up and take the challenge.

I'll be waiting there, tomorrow, at sundown. Be at your best."

And then, I simply leave him, with a bloodied mouth. You are just a sick coward who'd resort to cheap tactics for your benefit. I don't care if your parents would get upset at me.

Time: 5 pm, the next day

I informed Nina and sir Stephan as to what I'll do. But I assured them that I'll come back.

Next, I contacted Francois about the more specific details about the venue. I chose Mt. Akina, by just a random pick at the map. To be fair, I know little about this mountain road.

21965687435_26af66ba28_c.jpg

21953542752_e7bccbebb2_c.jpg

Toru, I'll apologize already, as this car might get dents and scratches later on, just to show him how much of a savage beast am I.

I reached the summit. It's quite cooler in here. As I wait, the breeze wafts by, but it tells a sign that a tension is coming.

Next, I see a black, low-slung open cockpit supercar approaching. It could be Francois. It got closer, and yes, finally, it's him.

He takes off his helmet, and shows a still bruised face.

Francois: "Here I am now. Let's do this. Let's see who's the real beast of the roads."

Louis: "Don't hold back on me. Because right now, our bond as cousins is officially cut. So treat me as an enemy, like I do to you right now."

Francois: "I'll prove to you how the most refined persons succeed in life, and that aggressive people must have a leash on them. That's what you lack, proper discipline and manners. Probably your late father didn't teach a thing or two about etiquette."

Louis: "Maybe it's you who lack them. Obviously, you haven't got your spanking yet. But throwing punches on your fragile face eased me up a little. But that felt really good."

Less talk, more brawn.

We then set off, no countdown needed.

awaken_3.jpg

Fascinating. An Alpine, eh? Looks like that French brand is staging a comeback. But being driven by a cheap coward like him would be inappropriate.

awaken_4.jpg

Francois: "I'm not a coward. I can face up to vicious brutes like you. I don't stoop down to your level!"

awaken_5.jpg

Money doesn't buy you class, and manners, idiot. No wonder your parents spoke so little about you. Why would they send you to France if you think they have a sense of attachment to you, huh? Last time I checked, they told me you're quite the spoiled brat.

Typical snooty attitude, looking down on people who thinks who are out of their league. I show no mercy to those kind of people.

awaken_6.jpg

I am proud of simplistic roots. My father, and eventually, I, worked hard to get this success we only once dreamed of. You have yet to learn the value of effort.

awaken_7.jpg

Francois: "Corners like these won't allow any type of aggression from those brutes like him. Only a refined skill would be able to conquer them. I learned racing techniques from arguably the best racing school I've been, and Ravenwest recognized me.

And yet you, someone from humble roots, yet learned to drive through the unorthodox form of racing. How malevolent! To think FIA allows insolent people like you! Even Bugatti!"

awaken_8.jpg

Francois: "Know your place in this world, you poor simple fool! You can never hope to achieve as much as I do! And yet, why?! Why does the world fear you?! What do I lack?!"

I don't care how "refined" you are. I can't help but get overboard when dealing with self-serving, conceited people like you.

awaken_9.jpg

The wrath of Zephyr begins now! You shall pay the price.

You call me a dog? I'm a beast, like I said. Allow me to show you how aggressive beasts can be.

awaken_10.jpg

I shall leave a mark on your precious ride. Every warrior gets battle scars!

Hehehehehe... he's resisting. Clearly he wants to keep his ride mint. What, afraid to get your ride being touched by peasants?

awaken_11.jpg

Francois: "Get away from me! Don't you dare try to imprint your filth on this glorious Ravenwest racer!"

I hear grinding metal. Hear that too, Francois? Heh. Have you ever been in a serious race? Because real race cars trade paint! Race car drivers all know that. Clearly, your cowardice shows.

awaken_12.jpg

Francois: "Merde! You insolent creature! I will not let you get away with this!"

Now, try to catch me...

...if you can.

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- That FTO is simply badass. Probably the same level as Rob and Louis. :sly:

Mess with a beast, get beaten into the ground. :mischievous:

Francois's in for a hard, hard reality check.

Page 9 - Bad Blood

It begins...

awaken_12.jpg

Francois: "You insolent creature! You truly deserve punishment! I'll put you to your place right now!"

I don't give a single damn about our relationship. You screwed me over, and I'll make your life miserable.

No one escapes the wrath of Zephyr!

Background Music

badblood.jpg

Now, I'll test you if you are as elite as you claim to be, coming from Ravenwest.

badblood_1.jpg

Francois: "Impossible! His car must be struggling on these hairpins! How can he...?!"

badblood_2.jpg

Ravenwest should reorganize their drivers, first among of which is to kick out people like you.

I'm still in rage, and you can't stop me.

badblood_3.jpg

Francois: "He disappeared in a flash!"

badblood_4.jpg

Francois: "This is how I fare against a beastly creature like him?! I am above him! This is truly humiliating!"

badblood_5.jpg

Be thankful no one from Ravenwest is watching this. But I'd love it more when more people humiliate you to the ground!

Francois: "Ooof! Damn these continuous hairpins!"

badblood_6.jpg

Francois: "I can't accept this... Even if you gained fame, the fact remains that you came from filth!"

badblood_7.jpg

I hope you're okay with this, Toru. You deserve swift justice.

badblood_8.jpg

I don't care if I did too much. I find it fun when I beat people like you to the ground, and shut your elite trap.

badblood_9.jpg

Street smarts know every tactic in the book on how to survive in life. That's how they roll.

And so I lay in wait. Oh, there he is.

I love the see the look of his fuming face. I hope you have the money to buy a decent brain.

Francois: "How dare you! Do you have any manners?!"

Louis: "First of all, you're not above me. And second, this is the street. No rules. You clearly know where I came from, so you should have been more careful.

Finally, be careful on what you're stepping on. Because if you step on something sharp, that will be unpleasant. Money doesn't buy you class, and a brain."

Francois: "Are you insulting me?!"

Louis: "You're a disgrace to your own team. I thought you're as elite as you claim to be. But I think not."

Francois: "I'll make sure I'll get my last laugh."

Louis: "Go ahead. Because I can also ruin your career. Too bad for you, my car is equipped with an onboard camera, and those few moments when you're at the lead are more than enough for me to show an evidence to your team that you had an unauthorized use of one of its racing cars.

So, are you going to spout elitist nonsense again? And one more thing..."

I walk closer to him, then grab him by the collar of his jacket.

Louis: "Next time I see your face, I won't hesitate to send you as a corpse to your parents' home in Quebec. I will loathe you for the rest of my life. You know nothing about my struggles."

That's the problem with people like him. All bark, no bite. Now he's cowering in my presence, much like any opponent I raced with in Redview.

Louis: "Now scram before I take your life. Cry back home to your mommy and daddy."

And so he did, without any comeback response. Heh, who's high and mighty now, huh?

Time: 8 pm

Whew, I loaded off everything from my chest, and as well as having given justice to Toru.

Eh? My phone vibrates again. Oh, it's Uncle Ansell from Quebec. Let me guess, Francois cried to his daddy, like a kid being bullied.

Louis: "Hello?"

Ansell: "Oh hi, Louis. How have you been?"

Louis: "Feeling great."

Ansell: "You're in Tokyo, right? My son Francois is there too. Have you two met?"

Louis: "We did."

Ansell: "How did it go?"

Time to be blunt, because I'm already sick and tired of even hearing just his name.

Louis: "Why don't you ask your self-serving, conceited, and spoiled brat son?"

Ansell: "Huh? What's wrong?"

Louis: "If I were you, I would have given him a spanking and let him taste the harsh reality of life."

Ansell: "Look, I know my son has his faults, and I'll take responsibility. But I consider you as my own too. Please don't hesitate to tell what went wrong."

Louis: "He crushed my dreams. It'll take a lot to recover them. That's all he did. I would understand if you would choose to side by your son on this matter. For me, he's no cousin.

Time for me to rest. A lot has happened today. Let's keep in touch next time."

I then cut off the conversation. I hope he uses the best decision befitting for a parent.

Hmmmm.... looks like I'm alone again. The three might have head out for dinner. That's okay, I can cook.

But for now, I need to be back in business.

badblood_10.jpg

We're lagging behind in points. I'll stage a comeback in Round 3. This is for you, Toru...

The familiar sound of the van can be heard. It's them.

I opened the door, and the three bring along plastic bags that seemingly contain take out food.

Stephan: "Oh, nice to see you back. We brought dinner."

Louis: "I was about to cook for my own. But okay. Let's eat."

I helped Dmitri set up the table and open the food boxes. Take out bento, each filled with tempura, sushi, pickled vegetables, and rice. Drinks are all iced green tea.

Nina: "Nice to see you smile again, Monsieur Louis."

Louis: "I have moved on. Let's get back to business, shall we?"

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Nouveau Legende

Time: 10:30 am, the next day

Having finally taken care of the culprit responsible for putting my dreams in jeopardy that led to Toru's sacrifice, who turned out to be my cousin named Francois who has the same desires as mine. Now, I no longer recognize him as such, and he now has contempt from me, along with a little blackmail.

If you're an elitist and plan to do the same to me, make sure you say your prayers, because I'll make sure your life will be a living hell. People like them know nothing about the true meaning of struggles in life.

Let's get back to business and move on.

We all have to set off very early as it turns out that Motegi is actually far off. Good thing I slept through the trip.

With that, I have more than enough energy for practice. The third round will take place on Sunday already, so we have to be back in shape.

21831038479_348191910e_c.jpg

Team, I assure you, we'll be back on top in no time.

22017958115_077cc4fe66_c.jpg

If I'm going to face against legends here, then bring it. I'm not scared of any legend on the race track. I smoked Loeb, so that should already strike fear to them.

22027817311_6d82370096_c.jpg

I will keep on driving, no matter what stands in my way. Legend upon legend, I shall prevail.

Steering, accelerating, and braking - those three simple, yet important skills are what defines you as a driver. If you think they're just mundane tasks, then you are not qualified to call yourself a racer.

22005669462_a141b3c0ae_c.jpg

I've done Redview, Le Mans, and soon enough, the Super GT. What's next?

22005669112_c1d69e13f7_c.jpg

Nina: "1 minute and 45.1 seconds. 2 seconds faster than the Dream Alliance's record..."

...the world. The world will soon see the birth of a new legend.

Hiroyuki calls upon a meeting in regards to the upcoming round. Only Rob Hatch is absent, though...

Hiroyuki: "Before we can enjoy dinner, let's delve on the matter of the next round. I can sense the tides will change."

Takanori: "I agree. Come to think of it, Blue Streak Racing's R35 turned out to be 2 seconds faster than us."

Nobuhiko: "Louis Montagny... he's..."

Hiroyuki: "The fact that he and his team skipped the 2nd round, and lagging behind in points, it doesn't mean that we can simply sit on our laurels. We are in the lead, but there is a risk of losing it. We've seen many times what Louis can do, so we simply keep on fighting like we always do, to defend the lead."

Nobuyuki: "Hear hear!"

Takuma: "Where is Rob, anyway?"

Takanori: "He actually invited Louis for a dinner at a Yakiniku restaurant."

Takuma: "They're the best of friends now, huh?"

Takanori: "Heeheehee, someone's getting jealous."

Takuma: "Shut up. As if!"

Takanori: "He keeps on calling you "Sweetheart", though. I assure you, he'll never replace you with anyone. Haha!"

Hiroyuki: "We don't need to get to the bottom of Blue Streak's problems. They are back, and we have to prepare for it. The presence of Louis Montagny will rock the Super GT championship.

On the way home from the circuit, I was called by Rob and invited for a dinner out. He told me to head to a specific "Yakiniku" (hopefully I heard that right) restaurant in Shinjuku.

Getting there was not the problem, but the real problem is what "Yakiniku" is. But the answer showed itself as I get in. Fascinating indeed, it's basically grilling pieces of meat on the grill on the table. Heh, seriously, the French can learn so much from this cooking. I love grilled food.

I noticed Rob raising his hand, and so I joined him. He then spoke to the waitress, in simple Japanese, on what do we want to eat. Minutes later, the waitress then give us raw meat for us to cook. That heavenly stench of grilled meat is all over the restaurant, and I'm loving it.

Rob: "Let's cook 'em all."

Louis: "Sure. I'm getting hungry."

Rob: "You're always hungry. Hungry for recognition, that is."

You read my mind, Rob. Impressive. I grilled some pieces first, while Rob just put half the amount of meat from his plate. You're the one who's hungry...

Rob: "Two seconds. That will be tough for my team to overcome."

Louis: "Really? I smoked your lap time?"

Heh. So I just scored another point, huh?

Rob: "I just heard from my boss that you beat my team's lap time in Motegi. Looks like you're back on track."

Louis: "We all have to recover, right? And don't worry, I will make sure this season will be fun. I miss you."

Rob: "Heh. I miss your face too. I gotta admit, the second round was dreadfully boring, even though we won."

Louis: "Soon enough, the world will see a rise of a new legend, in Super GT."

Rob: "There is already a legend. He belongs to my team."

Nobuhiko? Heh, that grin on your face of will wear off soon enough.

I then reach for my chopsticks, and then swiftly grab one of his beef pieces from the grill. Mmmmm... tender and juicy.

Louis: "I have conquered over legends. That legend of yours will fall by my hand soon enough. Mark those words. Bonne chance!"

Bring it on, Dream Alliance. Show me what your "legend" is truly capable of. I'm ready to take him down.

END OF PART I

Back