League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

• Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
hello folks , new on the GT5 scene - only had the game a few days so not ready for online mode just yet but when i am this looks like a good group for me to join if you'll have any slots

i just turned 30 *eek , so i guess im now mature . i will be looking to race my tuned up FTO

Hi there, Noosa! I hope you are enjoying the game! Right now, I think we have more then 16 people "signed up" but usually have a slot or two for races, so I don't know where we would stand for people. More the merrier, I would think, if we have open slots in races. We do Series races at 8pm Central US time, however, which is GMT-6, so we would be starting 2am your local time. We will do some things on weekend afternoons (US time) sometimes and those would work to be your evening.

Guys,

Msand asked me who was tallying up the votes for the fair driver award. I had initially suggested akira would, but he is probably busy testing for the new classes and tracks. So in the interest of spreading the burden around, you all can PM me your votes for the fair driver award. You can vote for 3 drivers, and you are not allowed to vote for yourself. The deadline to get your votes in will be 9pm CST on Thursday (Feb 10th). The first place car will be gifted the following day (to allow time to coordinate with the winner with regards to which upgrades they want on the Jag). I will touch base with Hank to see if the second and third place cars will be ready by Friday as well.

Cheers!

Last night I finished building my Class Alpha car (no, it's not a Zonda) and now I'm almost out of money :ouch:
Down to about 100K Cr. only.
The lack of new Seasonal events has really hurt my wallet.
At the moment I don't have any go-to race since I have yet to enter even a single A-spec event and I doubt any of the beginner class races provide serious cash. (I refuse to do even 0.1 mile of B-Spec). I'm still on a quest to gold all the Special Events.
I think my main "problem" is that as soon as I get some money, I have to spend it right away in the UCD, so hopefully somewhere in my garage there are 2 competitive cars for the other classes and I can at least put some tires and maybe few upgrades on them.
looking forward for tomorrow races...

DeuceOfClub: I too miss those Seasonal Events. I hope they update them at least every two weeks, but it seems like they've just stopped for some reason.

Anyway, I recommend that you try to progress through either (or both) of A Spec and B Spec, as you get decent cash out of it. Online racing doesn't give you much. Once you work your way up to level 21 B Spec, you can churn on the Like the Wind event, which nets you 84,000 credits per race (about 10 minutes long, or so). So these days, when I'm not driving myself, I run B Spec LTW 10 to 15 times a day, and check the UCD every 3 to 5 races. Even after buying cars, I usually am still gaining money.

deuce let me know if you need to borrow a car. i have a few that work for the ultralight. not sure it will let me buy another fireblade but i have the cash.

Bspec isn't that bs and it gives you some great prize cars as you get higher. Minolta race car and gt40 are awesome. The best money maker in the game is dream championship bspec. One hour equals one million credits and you can just let it run and do more important things. Let me know deuce if you end up needing a car. I have plenty for both lightweight classes.

I appreciate the help offers, TYVM! Will let you guys know. You would think that somewhere in my 130 cars garage there will be two cars that will fit the bill...
My "game time" is occasionally so limited that I just refuse to spend it B-specing...
As for the A spec part, I really like to finish 'golding' the special events (only got the Rally and the Loeb challenges left), before I start doing the races. I also don't like to just finish it, but would rather spend time and find a real challenge in a every race.

As for Sunday, I might be able to join for some afternoon racing.

I also don't like to just finish it, but would rather spend time and find a real challenge in a every race.

I respect that. If you want to get real challenge out of A-Spec then use the cars that your typical opponents are using. You will surely get a challenge then, especially if you don't always use the best car, it does add some more fun factor to the game. I'm going to go race a couple now!

I also don't like to just finish it, but would rather spend time and find a real challenge in a every race.

I actually love this part now, I probably powered through a bit at first but since then have had some fun going back running beginner races trying to see what I can get away with. I managed to beat a sunday cup race with my modified Schwimmenwagen from the seasonal challenge which was fun. I have run like -100hp and beating those beginner race before but it makes it much more entertaining.

As far as I understand....
NO! the ultralight class is for production cars only.
If that's truly the case, it should be made clear in the first post, and in the official car class post of the Social Group. I have a good car prepared for that class, but I believe it's a race car (not totally sure).

I actually love this part now, I probably powered through a bit at first but since then have had some fun going back running beginner races trying to see what I can get away with. I managed to beat a sunday cup race with my modified Schwimmenwagen from the seasonal challenge which was fun. I have run like -100hp and beating those beginner race before but it makes it much more entertaining.
I think they should have built in something into the game so that you get more reward (XP? money? prizes? skill rating?) when you do the A-spec (and B-spec?) races with greater challenge (i.e. closer to the opponents' power:weight ratio). But as it stands, you get the same XP and money whether you beat them by a hair, or blow them away with a car totally beyond the class of the opponents car (e.g. the Formula GT car can be used in several races). It's a pity.

@akira
I suggest you raise the lap count back to 3. specifically in Monaco where the track is short and the passing areas are limited. Even in the ultralight class 2 lap race will be over in under 4min'.
Since we're only racing once in each class may I dare to propose a five laps race?

Last edited:
Really good practice last night.Thanks to everyone who stopped by. Couple things we found out..

Class A- It is going to be hard to beat the Zonda or Furia. I have a feeling we will have to address this as we get going. Monza- those chicanes are going to get ugly with everyone on the track with 800Hp. We need to slow it down and be patient.

Class B- The Cusco Impreza might also be hard to beat. I think Lexus has a race car very similar, dont know how it will do.

Class C-What else is there to say about ultralite besides AWESOME! I think there is going to be some killer battles in this class. As Duece said, I agree that we should run more laps on Cote. I think 5 would be perfect.

Oh, I didn't know there was a practice last night. I was practicing by myself. :) Anyhow, regarding the Monza course (and this may already have been discussed) since the game seems to allow going right over the green areas of the chicanes (i.e. you don't get penalized even with penalties on), are we allowed (by honour) to use those areas? A significant amount of time can probably be gained by cutting through and "straightening out" that second chicane via the green pavement.

And I personally normally don't like tight courses like Côte, because drivers without etiquette can make it a real demolition derby. Let's see how things go with our group. :) I will do my best to avoid colliding hard into anyone, whether rear or side, and will aim to pass only when there is sufficient space. Having more laps would mean more opportunities to pass over the course of the race, so that's probably a good thing.

Last edited:
Another question is, are race cars allowed in the light weight class?

I asked this Q earlier Akira said this.

"Miles – UNLESS YOU GUYS Disagree – yes RM and race cars can be used in ultra lite."

Maybe we should start debating this.

Latest Posts

Back