League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

• Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
I bought a racecar for tonight that said 295 bhp in the dealership, go to my garage, its 324 bhp now after no tuning or oilchange.

i know the autbachs race car. I've been trying to drop it to 315 with enduros to no avail. went with the toyota autobachs instead from UCD

My Cusco Impreza with oil change is now broken in at 325. Seems like other racers are having issues with this as well. Any chance to get class B bumped up to 325HP?

One place to find official info: Agree.

Finalize info as early as possible: Agree.

One-drivetype races: I'd love those, but we can still have open drive type races, because it's satisfying to beat a 4WD car with an FR. :) On the same token, we should also sometimes have races with ABS off, for those who wish to participate with such a restriction.

No shortcutting: Agree.

Seattle track: Agree.

:)

Hi guys,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Still out of town on business. I was hoping to get back this evening, but looks like I wont make it back until tomorrow afternoon.

I havent had time to read all the posts in this thread since I left, so maybe this has already been sorted out, but I thought I would mention it anyway. It seems as though there is some confusion about who is collecting the votes for the Fair Driver Award. I offered to tally the votes, so there is less work for Akira to do, but some people have sent him their votes too. I just want to make sure no one's votes have been missed.

So far, I have received votes from g4geisha, slammedc, racecar73, Msand and Hank. I thought I had received Clipless's message with his votes too, but I cant seem to find it. Either I'm losing my mind or I accidentally deleted it. Either way, CLIPLESS can you please send/re-send your votes?

AKIRA: If you have votes from any of the other drivers let me know, or do you want me to send you what I have received so far?

The deadline for getting your votes in is 9pm CST tonight I think. So get voting!!

(4) I never saw anything about the ultralight being open to race modified or racecars, but I don't really care, I will be way behind tonight anyway because I simply cannot drive that course to save my life.

I'll keep you company assuming you don't leave me behind :)

(and my wheel isn't broken as it might be...)

Wait so the one make race isn't tonight right? I wanted to win mines instead of buying it at the OCD and now its gone from there anyway. lol.

I agree with some additions.

If RM/race is allowed.. front page will say "RM/race allowed" or either other.. (RM is not a race car)

We need a page in the group section, only for the "final" requirements. (no comments allowed) Once finalized maybe move to the public topic (after member notification) to get more racers.

Maybe at some point we can have two brackets (top 5 go to champ. series, maybe??)

problem solved the members of the league know ,specs and type, 2-3 days in advance (no arguments).

What the eff, my PS3 froze just before 8 when people were joining in. Now the room is full, how many people do we have for this? Really wanted to race tonight:grumpy:

Re: races of 2011 Feb 10:

Well, that was fun! I was pretty irritated that I got nothing but black screen for the first race, and then more bugginess prevented me from participating in class B, which I think I could have competed in. But at least I won the one race I actually got into. :) Was it set to have the grid start in reverse order? Because I was in the 2nd grid spot, which helped me just break away from the pack ... so it turned into a solo time trial or something, I had zero contact or even proximity to anyone after the first half lap...

I hope to race again, but I'm not sure my wife likes this idea of being so serious about "only a game". :indiff:

Re: races of 2011 Feb 10:

Well, that was fun! I was pretty irritated that I got nothing but black screen for the first race, and then more bugginess prevented me from participating in class B, which I think I could have competed in. But at least I won the one race I actually got into. :) Was it set to have the grid start in reverse order? Because I was in the 2nd grid spot, which helped me just break away from the pack ... so it turned into a solo time trial or something, I had zero contact or even proximity to anyone after the first half lap...

I hope to race again, but I'm not sure my wife likes this idea of being so serious about "only a game". :indiff:

I hear ya man. I got booted in the first race (the one I was really looking forward to) and then the room was full. Got back in for the other races but then realized I forgot to put my cars in the favorites. Didn't want to use my Evo for the 315hp race and didn't have anything for the ultralite. Not a very successful night for me, oh well, maybe next week.

Someone said online physics were different than online.. That seems very true.

alpha race I slammed into someone pretty good... Sorry

Beta race I was having a great shootout for 8th Evo X vs. WRX... It was gruelling then I got booted from the race. I was sad.

Ultralite was a bit of a bog for me The VW wasn't good enough.

Thanks guys it was fun.

I must say that my A car handled better online...
It might be the 'REAL' setting I used in practice?!
All week I struggled to keep the car during low speed acceleration (60-100mph) and top speed balance (>175mph), and had none of this issues last night.

BTW, great racing everyone, this was lots of fun. I was a little disappointed with my results, but to be honest I have no one to blame but myself...

I was a little too aggressive in the C class race (Monaco) after not been able to podium in the first two races and I apologize to anyone if I wronged him. I will watch the replay tonight and will dish out personal apologies if necessary.

One thing we should make as a mandatory rule:
After free run session, everyone should leave the track, re-enter and stay in the pit-lane before the race starts.

sorry gents just got back on the grid.

I will be trying to catch up this weekend with all the posts and gets some cars ready.

I hope you guys ironed things out last night, there seems to be a lot of healthy debating going on here about car classes and tuning. Anyhow I hope to meet some of you on the track this weekend.

Jmv
I'm a casual racer love being on the track love to join
Well, you might need tp jump in your Delorian then, as the last post in this thread before yours is dated 2011.

:lol: ;)

Back