Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge | Initial D Recreation

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 5,624 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always back up your save.

Lol, when I thought it could never happen to me.. Let this be a lesson to those who think it wouldn't happen to them.

Thanks guys for willing to help out. I think (in a way) this is a good thing, to start over from scratch and experience GT5 level rankings with the wheel now. Hopefully it will teach me something new.

Maccer, you should back it up with a flashdrive because I'd hate to see this happen to someone else mate.

"Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it" :dunce:

Need anything specific? Anything? My garage is expansive.

Well, I'm still debating if its worth 18 dollars to get my car collection back through the PSN Plus membership I had roughly 2 weeks ago. They automatically save your progress each time you sign in, so I'm considering it but not sure yet.

I've just finished and shared my latest and greatest touge course creation.

Jizo pass

73 turns of mountain pass bliss!
The first turn is a long left turn where entry speed is critical. Average entry speed is 140mph. Then that sweeping left becomes a technical, 2nd gear left turn.

That sets the pace for the rest of the track. It's so awesome, words can't describe it! It's on share now, feel free to download it.

Last edited:
I'll try it, but really, a turn that fast? I hate tracks with long straights everywhere.

jc18137
I'll try it, but really, a turn that fast? I hate tracks with long straights everywhere.

That's the beauty of it, though. That's the fastest corner in the course. It has undulating S-turns throughout with hairpins scattered about. The rhythm is that of high-speed S-bend, medium speed S-bend, hairpin, then medium speed 90-110° section.

The course is simply 4 sectors, but it's 5.21 miles long. Elevation change is 136.9ft and the longest straight is 0.61 miles.

What I love most about it is the flow and transitions from section to section. There isn't an onslaught of tricky corners. And no point are you overwhelmed with hairpins and long curves. What I believe makes this a great track, greater than my two earlier endeavors Mt. Akina & Snake Canyon, is the rhythm of • fast, medium, slow, medium, slow, fast, slow • that the course takes on.

The last section before the straight is 2 left 90° corners 40 meters apart, about 60 meters after a 90° right hander. Subsequently after a wide hairpin which you're skewering down from over 100mph following a rising "chair" section.

It's a beauty :lol:

Last edited:
Actually, the entry is similar to Top Gear's first corner. EXCEPT with the perils of touge tacked on.

i tried it in an audi rs6 549pp, the off camber corners and the weight of the big sedan made it a fun battle with the course. but canyon is still the best.

I'm not trying to dis you or knock you for it, but doesn't it sound a little perverted? Just take the O away from the first word in the title (whole title is kinda funny).

Google it :lol:

it comes up ***o pass anyway on gt5 lol, should have been jinzo

hahaha does it really?! that sucks... gonna have to change that up then.
It wasn't my intention to be peverted, I named it after a real mountain ass in Japan

mountains have asses O_o this i did not know i now have yet another reason to goto japan

Damn... i should've brought my PS3 to work today. Maybe tomorrow, then. I'm looking forward to getting some battles after my hiatus from the mountain passes. I'm not yet set on my Class S vehicle, but I'm currently trying out a few different mid-engined machines as well as an FR.

First Season 5 reports hot off the press.

Date: 30/04/2012
Rival 1: Street-King-07 (Class S)
Rival 2: OSE_CAP_SHADOW (Class S)
Course: Braes of Enzie
Battle Style: CMSD 2 Sec
Winner: OSE_CAP_SHADOW
Battle Rating: 5/5

Kicking off the new season and a new class at the Braes began with the formidable force of Shadow's R35 against my R8. The primary reason this battle lasted 4 rounds is due to the fact that Shadow's GT-R still needed work. During the rounds I was leading I used all my defensive skills to block Shadow despite him giving me plenty of hurry-up taps. By round 4 I damaged my suspension whilst pushing hard and dropped to a 3 second gap by the finish line.

Rival 1: Street-King-07 (Class A)
Rival 2: che69velle (Class A)
Winner: Street-King-07

Wheeling out my R1 for its first competitive run saw me take an easy win in the first round. Chev's fishtailing Evo 9 might be well suited towards his driving style but his lack of course knowledge was counting against him as he fell further behind my Amuse. A rematch at his home course should hopefully bring him closer to my car.

Rival 2: SHADOWWOLF354 (Class A)
Battle Style: CMSD 3 Sec

My 2nd win in a row against Wolf's R32 once again showed the superior pace of my R1 as well as course knowledge. I let Wolf lead the first round at sat glued to his bumper all the way round the course. I had a sniff of a pass several times but did not attempt anything silly. Round 2 saw me get into my stride in clean air and I simply powered away to a 7.5 second lead by the end of the run.

Rival 1: Street-King-07 (Class S)
Rival 2: SHADOWWOLF354 (Class S)
Course: Michi-No-Eki

Switching courses to give Wolf a better chance still ended in victory for Vorsprung durch Technik after a heated 3 round dice. Wolf's R35 was pretty quick in the first run making it a challenge to keep up but I knew that the GT-R would be eating its tyres having ran a similar Spec V in my testing programme. Round 2 saw Wolf trying his hardest to keep up and was able to keep the gap at 2.7 seconds by the end of the run but his tyres were showing strain already. Round 3 saw the GT-R's weakness prevail as Wolf stuggled to keep his car on the road and was suffering lots of understeer. I was able to sneak past on a small uphill section and held the lead to take a fairly comfortable win.

Last edited:
First Season 5 reports hot off the press.

Rival 2: che69velle (Class A)

Wheeling out my R1 for its first competitive run saw me take an easy win in the first round. Chev's Evo 9 might be well suited towards his driving style but his lack of course knowledge was counting against him as he fell further behind my Amuse. A rematch at his home course should hopefully bring him closer to my car.

confirmed 5/5

the r1 is a force to be reconed with but even on unfamiliar turf my evo never lost VFR on the winged s2k and crossed the line 5.4 seconds after the amuse.

Rival 2: OSE_CAP_SHADOW (Class A)
Course: Sekigahara
Winner: OSE_CAP_SHADOW

The first R1 vs R1 duel of the season ended in victory for Shadow despite my best efforts. I started leading and blocked Shadow's superior car until the long back stretch. Here Shadow got a better exit and was able to power past on the outside. Remarkably, he did not run away as fast as he normally would as I pushed hard to stay on his tail and closely followed him across the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back