Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT6 Touge |Returning in 2014

• Thread starter Slender_Man
  • 2,584 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea.
How much time did you guys spend on average racing per season before?

that varies. Some seasons were slow, others were jam packed. We would usually host lobbies all week every week during a season. There would always be someone willing to battle who would his a lobby. And even after having battled everyone in a week, we would still host rooms just to tune, cruise and run mock battles.

So here's the big idea that we were having. I want to hear everyone's feedback on this.

Currently, L.O.T.S. has its own formula for calculating scores. You gain points for participating in a battle, more for winning of course. You also get bonuses for winning in a lower PP car than your opponent as well as for getting win streaks and defeating a rival who has a winning streak going. Of course, at the end of each season, the two highest scoring rivals face off in the finals.

The proposal is as follows: Do away with the old scoring system and introduce a simpler Star Rating system with incentives.

The following is an excerpt from a post by optomuscrime (@CarbonHeart )

"What is a legend? (In the terms of street racing) A legend isn't just someone that wins, but a person that wins when nobody expected them to. i.e.: Takumi Fujiwara in his AE86

Our systemwill take into account the car you use in our LOTS journey, by creating the Star System. The Star System is a new rating system that not only rates wins and losses, but also rates your vehicle. The best cars for racing on the touge will be given a star rating, of 3, cars that are [of] the 'good but not great' variety would be given a rating of 2 stars, and finally the cars that are antiquated and difficult to tune and/or drive would be given a rating of ONE star."

The Star system will prvide INCENTIVE to drivers that use less powerful cars, by rewarding wins against tougher opponents.

(Samples)
3*
  • Honda S2000
  • Nissan GT-R R32
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
  • Honda NSX Type R
  • Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
  • Nissan 370Z (Z34)
  • Toyobaru BRZ 86GT FR-S
2*
  • Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15)
  • Mazda Roadster (NC)
  • Acura NSX '91
  • Nissa GT-R R33
  • Honda Civic Type R (EK)
1*
  • Toyota AE86
  • Nissal Silvia K's (S13)
  • Toyota Supra Mk.2
  • Mazda Roadster (NA)
  • Mazda RX-7 (FC)

The way the system would work is that you would get ONE STAR for every victory you achieve. And as a BONUS you will get ONE STAR for each tier above your opponent's car is.

e.g.:

Figure 1 - Rival1 (FC) vs. Rival2 (AP2): If the FC were to defeat the Honda S2000 AP2, then the driver would earn themselves 3 stars. 1 for winning, and one for each tier higher in ranking that his opponent's car is. Since the AP3 is a 3-star car and the FC is a 1-star car.

Figure 2 - Rival1 (EK9) vs. Rival2 (Roadster NA): If the driver of the EK9 were to defeat the driver of the Roadster, they would only earn ONE star for winning. No bonus is given since he defeated an opponent in a lower classed vehicle.

Figure 3 - Rival1 (AE86) vs. Rival2 (S13): Regardless of who wins this battle, the victor will earn only ONE star because they defeated an evenly matched vehicle. (The same would apply if it were two 3-star vehicles facing each other, or two 2-star vehicles).

What this, in turn, does is create a more competitive and dynamic environment closer to that of the Initial D universe. It should also serve as a wake-up call to the LOTS veterans, particularly those that are known to use only the most prolific vehicles. Should they choose to put their pride and reputation on the line, they can take on the competition in a weaker car, and should they dominate, be crowned Legend of the Streets!!

It would serve as a great incentive for newer rivals to the LOTS community to experience the true nature of LOTS Touge by by trying their hand with a powerful, competitive car against a more experienced and skilled opponent in a seemingly weaker car.

It also creates a more dynamic and balanced leaderboard ecosystem. Take into account the following simulation...

Rival1 (R32)
Rival2 (Efini FD3S)
Rival3 (AP2)
Rival4 (AE86)

Let's say these 4 drivers faced each other ONCE in a ONE-WEEK long season.
  • Rival 1 beat the AP2 and the mighty little AE86, having used a 3-Star car, he only earned 1 star per win for a season total of 2 Stars.
  • Rival 2 defeated the AP2 and the R32. Two earned for wins, and 2 BONUS stars for defeating a higher ranked vehicle nets this driver 4 STARS for the season.
  • Rival 3 lost two of three battles, having only beat the R32 (an equally matched vehicle). He only has 1 STAR for the season.
  • Rival 4 defeated the AP2 and the FD, both opponents in higher ranked vehicles.2 wins earns this chap 2 Stars and 3 BONUS STARS (2+1) from defeating higher ranked opponents for a total of 5 STARS.

THEREFORE, at the end of that season, the FINALS will be set to feature the AE86 vs FD3S. Even though the R32 won just as many battles as the other two, he failed to gain enough stars to make it to the finals.

This is a really great idea in my opinion, but I could see there being a bit of a problem. So there's incentive to use the tier 1 cars, but why would anyone run a tier 3 car? If you go undefeated in an R32, you can still be knocked out the finals by someone in an AE86 who has won less battles. Yes, it would be hard to do in an AE86, but it's still very possible.

A good driver will win more often than a bad driver on the touge; regardless of the car. So more experienced drivers will be getting more points for beating noobs in better cars, which will make it even harder for a beginner to get stars. I don't see why anyone would want tier 3 when you have to win 3 times as many battles as an AE86, just to tie.

I can see that this new system would be put in place to encourage variety, but i feel as if it would encourage the opposite again. I don't like seeing a lobby full AWD or NSX's either, but to have them completely useless in LoTS almost feels as if it's now going to be a lobby full of AE86's and FC's. Maybe this could be fixed by only giving a lesser tier car 1 extra star, regardless of how worse it is in comparison to the opponent?

Either way I'd like to see what comes of this, as I said before, I do think it's a great idea. I could see it needing a bit of fine tuning to get it completely balanced though. When you think about it, it's like creating a brand new game out of what GT6 gives us, in the same respect as a mod. This will be really awesome wants everything gets sorted out.

that varies. Some seasons were slow, others were jam packed. We would usually host lobbies all week every week during a season. There would always be someone willing to battle who would his a lobby. And even after having battled everyone in a week, we would still host rooms just to tune, cruise and run mock battles.
This is what I'm loving about this group so far. No matter what, it seems like there is always someone to run mock battles with and tune cars... or just generally drive and hang out.

Here's a suggestion: how about using comfort tires instead of sport tires? Sport tires now feel like track tires, while comforts are what most touge cars actually run with. I remember experimenting this idea with Snake and Optomus in GT5, and it felt much more fun and satisfying during runs.

Here's a suggestion: how about using comfort tires instead of sport tires? Sport tires now feel like track tires, while comforts are what most touge cars actually run with. I remember experimenting this idea with Snake and Optomus in GT5, and it felt much more fun and satisfying during runs.
Dude I love running comfort tyres, but I don't know about everyone else.

yes! I'm about that life! That's how we came up with the "purist" class of 460PP-CS. Had some of the best and most memorable battles ever in GT5 running that class.

I'm sure @Slender_Man and @CarbonHeart can remember our infamous Integra Posse vs. Roadster match LOL

Last edited:

I'm not apposed to making the switch to CS, but at the same time I think it might be kind of weird considering there's a ton of cars that come stock with SH. Why would you get tires that have less grip and wear faster, when your car comes stock with better tires.

Also, I'm seeing all these neat idea's being put forth, yet there's no word from slender to confirm any of them. It would be cool to get some confirmation so everyone gets equal time to prepare for any changes being made.

This is a really great idea in my opinion, but I could see there being a bit of a problem. So there's incentive to use the tier 1 cars, but why would anyone run a tier 3 car? If you go undefeated in an R32, you can still be knocked out the finals by someone in an AE86 who has won less battles. Yes, it would be hard to do in an AE86, but it's still very possible.

A good driver will win more often than a bad driver on the touge; regardless of the car. So more experienced drivers will be getting more points for beating noobs in better cars, which will make it even harder for a beginner to get stars. I don't see why anyone would want tier 3 when you have to win 3 times as many battles as an AE86, just to tie.

I can see that this new system would be put in place to encourage variety, but i feel as if it would encourage the opposite again. I don't like seeing a lobby full AWD or NSX's either, but to have them completely useless in LoTS almost feels as if it's now going to be a lobby full of AE86's and FC's. Maybe this could be fixed by only giving a lesser tier car 1 extra star, regardless of how worse it is in comparison to the opponent?

Either way I'd like to see what comes of this, as I said before, I do think it's a great idea. I could see it needing a bit of fine tuning to get it completely balanced though. When you think about it, it's like creating a brand new game out of what GT6 gives us, in the same respect as a mod. This will be really awesome wants everything gets sorted out.

I retort with the following statement: DUH!!!

That is exactly the point. It's to find who the really great drivers, the legends, are. If an AE86 defeats the undefeated R32 in the finals, he has solidified his position as a viable threat on the touge. Said driver would've racked up major stars by kicking bootanks. And the R32 driver has no choice but to practice and get better OR he can choose an easier car.

I guarantee that you won't see all tier 1 cars or 2 or 3. The point is to use whatever car you want as it's always been.

If you're in a tier 1 car for whatever reason and you notice that you can't compete with any of the higher tiered cars then it's as simple as trying your hand at battling only similar cars. You'll still be racking up points for winning just as fast as the others. And if you're a rookie in an NSX and are having a hard time beating the better drivers in similar cars then you can go and battle against the lower tier cars and try to make points that way.

The purpose isn't, and has never been, so everyone can make it to the finals. It's so the best drivers can make it and make a name for themselves. Why else is Slender so well known if not because he will kick your booty in any vehicle and make it look easy.

At the end of the day, the staple of LOTS is that you can battle anyone, anywhere, anytime without waiting on an official to organize the event. Therefore, as a rookie in a 3-Star car you're under no obligation to accept a challenge from anyone. You battle who you want, when you want. If you're bit ready to take in the big boys then stick to similarly experienced drivers and begin building your legacy there.

The few drivers that ever made it into LOTS Finals in their first season did so in what would be a Tier 3 car.

Slender did it in an R32, StreetKing07 did it in an NSX-R, CG did it in an FD Spirit R.

Also worth noting. Slender is in the loop. He's aware of all the ideas being tossed around and has offered feedback. Not publicly yet.

When the time comes that Slender posts something regarding these changes, it'll be a final decision to go with new or old system.

He did say, though, that it isn't a bad idea to try something new during a side season.

I also stressed that since this is a new game, a new platform altogether, that a big change would be beneficial to the longevity of LOTS.

I say this now for all to hear/read.

A big change isn't a necessity. But if you're going to change, do it for the better.

LOTS, as a club, enjoyed plenty of success in GT5. Albeit having a slow start, it grew fast but became stale at times. The future of LOTS is riding on GT6. New game, new opportunities.

We can continue with the system set in place by the founder, @TimberW , or we can unite as a community and come up with something new and enticing that everyone can agree on and go forth with the competition aspect of the club.

The time to act (Or not act) is now. Course creator and cñub/community features are still absent from GT6. That is what everyone in this club is collectively waiting for to get the festivities under way.

I SUGGEST WE DO A 2-STAGE PRESEASON TO TEST OUT THE OLD SYSTEM VS. THE NEW SYSTEM BEFORE DECIDING WHICH WE KEEP. PERHAPS HOSTING A POLL ON THE THREAD SO THE PEOPLE CAN VOICE THEIR OPINION AND VOTE ON WHICH THEY PREFER.

In the end, the choice is Slender's.

I retort with the following statement: DUH!!!

That is exactly the point. It's to find who the really great drivers, the legends, are. If an AE86 defeats the undefeated R32 in the finals, he has solidified his position as a viable threat on the touge. Said driver would've racked up major stars by kicking bootanks. And the R32 driver has no choice but to practice and get better OR he can choose an easier car.

I guarantee that you won't see all tier 1 cars or 2 or 3. The point is to use whatever car you want as it's always been.

If you're in a tier 1 car for whatever reason and you notice that you can't compete with any of the higher tiered cars then it's as simple as trying your hand at battling only similar cars. You'll still be racking up points for winning just as fast as the others. And if you're a rookie in an NSX and are having a hard time beating the better drivers in similar cars then you can go and battle against the lower tier cars and try to make points that way.

The purpose isn't, and has never been, so everyone can make it to the finals. It's so the best drivers can make it and make a name for themselves. Why else is Slender so well known if not because he will kick your booty in any vehicle and make it look easy.

At the end of the day, the staple of LOTS is that you can battle anyone, anywhere, anytime without waiting on an official to organize the event. Therefore, as a rookie in a 3-Star car you're under no obligation to accept a challenge from anyone. You battle who you want, when you want. If you're bit ready to take in the big boys then stick to similarly experienced drivers and begin building your legacy there.

The few drivers that ever made it into LOTS Finals in their first season did so in what would be a Tier 3 car.

Slender did it in an R32, StreetKing07 did it in an NSX-R, CG did it in an FD Spirit R.

I wasn't talking about the LoTS final battle, I was talking about the regular season. As in, Driver A in a R32, goes undefeated in all his battles, but still doesn't make it to the finals because Driver B, in an AE86, wins just enough to have more stars. An undefeated season is pretty legend worthy IMO, compared to a driver who loses a few and makes it to the finals due to points. I know if this is how LoTS turns out, I'm going to be running tier 3 cars just so no one who beats me gets a star bonus, and there's probably people thinking roughly the same thing.

I do see what you're saying though, I forgot you could refuse battles haha! All in all, I think this is a cool idea, and would definitely love to participate in a side season for this.

I wasn't talking about the LoTS final battle, I was talking about the regular season. As in, Driver A in a R32, goes undefeated in all his battles, but still doesn't make it to the finals because Driver B, in an AE86, wins just enough to have more stars. An undefeated season is pretty legend worthy IMO, compared to a driver who loses a few and makes it to the finals due to points. I know if this is how LoTS turns out, I'm going to be running tier 3 cars just so no one who beats me gets a star bonus, and there's probably people thinking roughly the same thing.

I do see what you're saying though, I forgot you could refuse battles haha! All in all, I think this is a cool idea, and would definitely love to participate in a side season for this.

exactly! But also note that tue R32 is going undefeated for a whole season, he will rack up plenty of points. But if that guy doesn't want to be beat out of the finals by an AE86 and some other guy in an NSX (after all, the finals feature 2 drivers), then he has no choice but to win more and more and more to not get beat out in points by the other guys. You gotta prove yourself as worthy to make it to the finals.

but yeah, Slender is throwing some ideas at me. Basically, we need it to work on a spreadsheet so we may have to make compromise for the same of the integrity of the formula/spreadsheet.

Just opened a room 1472-6118-4216-8215-8432

hopped in to some other one earlier was kinda weird and wouldn't let me quit out. Hope this one is a bit better.

2014 Changes to LotS

LotS has been around for over 2 years now and we have been running the same setup from the original founder since then. Now after multiple season and GT6 being out it is about time for some changes to happen to make thing more competitive for the Rivals of LotS.....
New revised Points system: From the beginning of LotS the points system has been a highly detailed formula were the winner would get 250 Points for a win as well as extra points for PP differences and winning streaks. Due the some people getting high winning streaks in the first week a placing themselves high up the leaderboards and making finals very easy. Therefore the winning points will be changed to make it harder to gain massive points leads.

The new points system will be 150 Points for a win and 75 points for a loss. The PP difference will now go to any car which is a lower PP car (This will be explained below) and will continue to run the winning streak bonus...

Underdog Bonus: A new incentive for rivals to use tougher cars to control/underpowered cars in a bid for extra points on top of battle points if the Underdog car wins the battle.

I.E. If a 437PP Toyota AE86 beats a 450PP Scion FR-S, The AE86 Driver will gain an extra 30 points on top of the already gained battle win points...

There is a set PP limit of 10PP difference between cars to be eligible for the Underdog Bonus points...

4WD in B class: Ever since B class was introduced we have run a 2wd only rule for this class. After testing in GT6 we have come to find that 4WD’s are on par with most of its 2wd counterparts..

So i am announcing that B class is now accepting 4WD entries...

Raised CC limit in C class: 1600cc has been a profound limit in C class for quite some time and now there has been many requests on raising it to 1800cc to allow such cars as the Silvia S13 & Miata 1800. Testing on this class chance has proven well and i am proud to announce the 1800cc is now the new cc limit for this class...
(NOTE: FC RX-7's are banned from this class)

These are the confirmed changes as of right now and there might be some moreto come in the near future.....

MAY I join LOTS

LOTS is open to everyone. Welcome to the club.

Please take the time to read the first few posts on this thread to familiarize yourself with what we do, what we're about and to get an idea of how we drive.

Feel free to add anyone you come across in this thread, as we're all like-minded individuals. There is also a list of regulars in the OP, those of us who are most experienced in the club and likely to be online running, practicing, tuning etc.

Just wondering, what tracks are you guys running on in GT6 since there is no course maker just yet. And yes i am familiar with touge i used to race in the mountains a lot in GT5. mostly with my 450pp miata (i was beating alot of 500pp cars) but i was only in 1 LOTS season i believe.

Just wondering, what tracks are you guys running on in GT6 since there is no course maker just yet. And yes i am familiar with touge i used to race in the mountains a lot in GT5. mostly with my 450pp miata (i was beating alot of 500pp cars) but i was only in 1 LOTS season i believe.

We run Mount Panorama from the first banner as you exit the pit (SuperCharger Batteries) to the first banner after the twisty part ends (Audi).*

Other than that we run Materhorn: Rotenboden and the infamous Nordschleife.
*edit: oh, and we run it backwards too. And back. And forth. And back... You get the point :lol:

Last edited:
We run Mount Panorama from the first banner as you exit the pit (SuperCharger Batteries) to the first banner after the twisty part ends (Audi).*

Other than that we run Materhorn: Rotenboden and the infamous Nordschleife.
*edit: oh, and we run it backwards too. And back. And forth. And back... You get the point :lol:
ok right on ill get to work on tuning 1 or 2 cars for those sections thanks

Going through testing some cars and it looks like some of the old non competitive cars from GT5 have been made competitive 👍

Going through testing some cars and it looks like some of the old non competitive cars from GT5 have been made competitive 👍

how's the wheel treating you, old friend? That little race of ours at CSR5 was fun. I see you've made lots if progress.

I'm getting there with it slowly...Still lots to learn though 👍

definitely. I'm getting back in stride myself. I also just ordered a Fanatec, yay!

I recommend you get yourself a few cars that would help develope skills on the wheel.

FF: Accord Euro R (the older one)
FR: Mazda NA Roadster (Either of the premium ones, though the J-Limited is more difficult)
MR: Toyota AW11 or Lancia Stratos
4WD: Lan Evo IV and R32

In my opinion, those cars are best to learn limits of each drivetrain and teach your body the muscle memory associated with each for handling them at their limits.

And my personal favorite car to drive with the wheel in GT6 so far, the Renault R8 Gordini '66

That Renault comes on RH tires, it feels best on Comfort Soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back