Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT6 Touge |Returning in 2014

• Thread starter Slender_Man
  • 2,584 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to current situation, I can play online on Jan 18.Til then, it's practice.

EDIT

Hey guys. I'm going to make a Show your Tōge car/Tōge build Thread and I was thinking of linking this group to the OP with a statement such as:

"If you have any questions about Tōge, or if you need help in tuning, go here" The 'here' will be a link to the group. This way the group can get some advertisement and new drivers, such as myself.

Let me know what you guys think, so I can get started. :cheers:

Last edited:
My PSN is up now. I'm trying out room settings. If anyone wants to just chill, the room number is

1472-6399-8537-0917-6175

Mt. Panorama/Bathurst

EDIT

NVM

@Slender_Man Since, you are the club organizer/leader, what do you thibk of the idea I posted above?

Last edited:
Slender, you straight dusted my ass in your Evo VI this afternoon, my downhill skills are lacking a ton.

I was using a mock setup last night :lol: had a lot of understeer too

I've yet to put a setup on mine. It's basically stock. Only mod is the flat floors. It handles so nicely already that I haven't figured out what to do to it or how I'd like to tune it.

Due to current situation, I can play online on Jan 18.Til then, it's practice.

EDIT

Hey guys. I'm going to make a Show your Tōge car/Tōge build Thread and I was thinking of linking this group to the OP with a statement such as:

"If you have any questions about Tōge, or if you need help in tuning, go here" The 'here' will be a link to the group. This way the group can get some advertisement and new drivers, such as myself.

Let me know what you guys think, so I can get started. :cheers:
Sounds good!

L.o.t.S Update:
Next week i'm going to start looking into some possible changes to 2 of the classes.

B class: Looking into the possibility of allowing 4WD's to enter this class, Testing needs to be carried out on this change.

C class: After countless requests about raising the 1600cc limit to 1800cc, I'm going to test this out along side the B class testing.

L.o.t.S Update:
Next week i'm going to start looking into some possible changes to 2 of the classes.

B class: Looking into the possibility of allowing 4WD's to enter this class, Testing needs to be carried out on this change.

C class: After countless requests about raising the 1600cc limit to 1800cc, I'm going to test this out along side the B class testing.

when I get home today, I'll be carrying out tests as well.

namely 1600cc vs. 1800cc 420PP cars and 2WD vs 4WD 450PP cars to see if their is a considerably unfair advantage in the increases displacement and drivetrain across the board

I won't be online until tonight though.

It's from the manga Over Rev, it's like a modified GG run. both opponents start from a standstill, but one goes ahead after a set amount of time. If the chaser decreasess the gap of time by any amount, they win, but if the leader widens it, they win. The twist is that they can only use one lane of the road and lose if they use the other lane.

It's from the manga Over Rev, it's like a modified GG run. both opponents start from a standstill, but one goes ahead after a set amount of time. If the chaser decreasess the gap of time by any amount, they win, but if the leader widens it, they win. The twist is that they can only use one lane of the road and lose if they use the other lane.

that sounds fun actually. I've seen GG races run where each driver has only one lane and can't leave it at all or they lose.

I propose an idea that would change L.O.T.S. forever. The idea isn't mine, though, it's optomuscrime's. I support the idea, and i want to hear every ones feedback on it.

(to be continued)

So here's the big idea that we were having. I want to hear everyone's feedback on this.

Currently, L.O.T.S. has its own formula for calculating scores. You gain points for participating in a battle, more for winning of course. You also get bonuses for winning in a lower PP car than your opponent as well as for getting win streaks and defeating a rival who has a winning streak going. Of course, at the end of each season, the two highest scoring rivals face off in the finals.

The proposal is as follows: Do away with the old scoring system and introduce a simpler Star Rating system with incentives.

The following is an excerpt from a post by optomuscrime (@CarbonHeart )

"What is a legend? (In the terms of street racing) A legend isn't just someone that wins, but a person that wins when nobody expected them to. i.e.: Takumi Fujiwara in his AE86

Our systemwill take into account the car you use in our LOTS journey, by creating the Star System. The Star System is a new rating system that not only rates wins and losses, but also rates your vehicle. The best cars for racing on the touge will be given a star rating, of 3, cars that are [of] the 'good but not great' variety would be given a rating of 2 stars, and finally the cars that are antiquated and difficult to tune and/or drive would be given a rating of ONE star."

The Star system will prvide INCENTIVE to drivers that use less powerful cars, by rewarding wins against tougher opponents.

(Samples)
3*
  • Honda S2000
  • Nissan GT-R R32
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
  • Honda NSX Type R
  • Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
  • Nissan 370Z (Z34)
  • Toyobaru BRZ 86GT FR-S
2*
  • Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15)
  • Mazda Roadster (NC)
  • Acura NSX '91
  • Nissa GT-R R33
  • Honda Civic Type R (EK)
1*
  • Toyota AE86
  • Nissal Silvia K's (S13)
  • Toyota Supra Mk.2
  • Mazda Roadster (NA)
  • Mazda RX-7 (FC)

The way the system would work is that you would get ONE STAR for every victory you achieve. And as a BONUS you will get ONE STAR for each tier above your opponent's car is.

e.g.:

Figure 1 - Rival1 (FC) vs. Rival2 (AP2): If the FC were to defeat the Honda S2000 AP2, then the driver would earn themselves 3 stars. 1 for winning, and one for each tier higher in ranking that his opponent's car is. Since the AP3 is a 3-star car and the FC is a 1-star car.

Figure 2 - Rival1 (EK9) vs. Rival2 (Roadster NA): If the driver of the EK9 were to defeat the driver of the Roadster, they would only earn ONE star for winning. No bonus is given since he defeated an opponent in a lower classed vehicle.

Figure 3 - Rival1 (AE86) vs. Rival2 (S13): Regardless of who wins this battle, the victor will earn only ONE star because they defeated an evenly matched vehicle. (The same would apply if it were two 3-star vehicles facing each other, or two 2-star vehicles).

What this, in turn, does is create a more competitive and dynamic environment closer to that of the Initial D universe. It should also serve as a wake-up call to the LOTS veterans, particularly those that are known to use only the most prolific vehicles. Should they choose to put their pride and reputation on the line, they can take on the competition in a weaker car, and should they dominate, be crowned Legend of the Streets!!

It would serve as a great incentive for newer rivals to the LOTS community to experience the true nature of LOTS Touge by by trying their hand with a powerful, competitive car against a more experienced and skilled opponent in a seemingly weaker car.

It also creates a more dynamic and balanced leaderboard ecosystem. Take into account the following simulation...

Rival1 (R32)
Rival2 (Efini FD3S)
Rival3 (AP2)
Rival4 (AE86)

Let's say these 4 drivers faced each other ONCE in a ONE-WEEK long season.
  • Rival 1 beat the AP2 and the mighty little AE86, having used a 3-Star car, he only earned 1 star per win for a season total of 2 Stars.
  • Rival 2 defeated the AP2 and the R32. Two earned for wins, and 2 BONUS stars for defeating a higher ranked vehicle nets this driver 4 STARS for the season.
  • Rival 3 lost two of three battles, having only beat the R32 (an equally matched vehicle). He only has 1 STAR for the season.
  • Rival 4 defeated the AP2 and the FD, both opponents in higher ranked vehicles.2 wins earns this chap 2 Stars and 3 BONUS STARS (2+1) from defeating higher ranked opponents for a total of 5 STARS.

THEREFORE, at the end of that season, the FINALS will be set to feature the AE86 vs FD3S. Even though the R32 won just as many battles as the other two, he failed to gain enough stars to make it to the finals.

Last edited:
slidin where the hell have you been??
My sleep schedule is lil weird atm...

So here's the big idea that we were having. I want to hear everyone's feedback on this.

Currently, L.O.T.S. has its own formula for calculating scores. You gain points for participating in a battle, more for winning of course. You also get bonuses for winning in a lower PP car than your opponent as well as for getting win streaks and defeating a rival who has a winning streak going. Of course, at the end of each season, the two highest scoring rivals face off in the finals.

The proposal is as follows: Do away with the old scoring system and introduce a simpler Star Rating system with incentives.

The following is an excerpt from a post by optomuscrime (@CarbonHeart )

"What is a legend? (In the terms of street racing) A legend isn't just someone that wins, but a person that wins when nobody expected them to. i.e.: Takumi Fujiwara in his AE86

Our systemwill take into account the car you use in our LOTS journey, by creating the Star System. The Star System is a new rating system that not only rates wins and losses, but also rates your vehicle. The best cars for racing on the touge will be given a star rating, of 3, cars that are [of] the 'good but not great' variety would be given a rating of 2 stars, and finally the cars that are antiquated and difficult to tune and/or drive would be given a rating of ONE star."

The Star system will prvide INCENTIVE to drivers that use less powerful cars, by rewarding wins against tougher opponents.

(Samples:)
3*
  • Honda S2000
  • Nissan GT-R R32
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
  • Honda NSX Type R
  • Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
  • Nissan 370Z (Z34)
  • Toyobaru BRZ 86GT FR-S
2*
  • Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15)
  • Mazda Roadster (NC)
  • Acura NSX '91
  • Nissa GT-R R33
  • Honda Civic Type R (EK)
1*
  • Toyota AE86
  • Nissal Silvia K's (S13)
  • Toyota Supra Mk.2
  • Mazda Roadster (NA)
  • Mazda RX-7 (FC)

The way the system would work is that you would get ONE STAR for every victory you achieve. And as a BONUS you will get ONE STAR for each tier above your opponent's car is.

e.g.:

Figure 1 - Rival1 (FC) vs. Rival2 (AP2): If the FC were to defeat the Honda S2000 AP2, then the driver would earn themselves 3 stars. 1 for winning, and one for each tier higher in ranking that his opponent's car is. Since the AP3 is a 3-star car and the FC is a 1-star car.

Figure 2 - Rival1 (EK9) vs. Rival2 (Roadster NA): If the driver of the EK9 were to defeat the driver of the Roadster, they would only earn ONE star for winning. No bonus is given since he defeated an opponent in a lower classed vehicle.

Figure 3 - Rival1 (AE86) vs. Rival2 (S13): Regardless of who wins this battle, the victor will earn only ONE star because they defeated an evenly matched vehicle. (The same would apply if it were two 3-star vehicles facing each other, or two 2-star vehicles).

What this, in turn, does is create a more competitive and dynamic environment closer to that of the Initial D universe. It should also serve as a wake-up call to the LOTS veterans, particularly those that are known to use only the most prolific vehicles. Should they choose to put their pride and reputation on the line, they can take on the competition in a weaker car, and should they dominate, be crowned Legend of the Streets!!

It would serve as a great incentive for newer rivals to the LOTS community to experience the true nature of LOTS Touge by by trying their hand with a powerful, competitive car against a more experienced and skilled opponent in a seemingly weaker car.

It also creates a more dynamic and balanced leaderboard ecosystem. Take into account the following simulation...

Rival1 (R32)
Rival2 (Efini FD3S)
Rival3 (AP2)
Rival4 (AE86)

Let's say these 4 drivers faced each other ONCE in a ONE-WEEK long season.
  • Rival 1 beat the FD and the mighty little AE86, having used a 3-Star car, he only earned 1 star per win for a season total of 2 Stars.
  • Rival 2 defeated the AP2 and the R32. Two earned for wins, and 2 BONUS stars for defeating a higher ranked vehicle nets this driver 4 STARS for the season.
  • Rival 3 lost two of three battles, having only beat the R32 (an equally matched vehicle). He only has 1 STAR for the season.
  • Rival 4 defeated the AP2 and the FD, both opponents in higher ranked vehicles.2 wins earns this chap 2 Stars and 3 BONUS STARS (2+1) from defeating higher ranked opponents for a total of 5 STARS.

THEREFORE, at the end of that season, the FINALS will be set to feature the AE86 vs FD3S. Even though the R32 won just as many battles as the other two, he failed to gain enough stars to make it to the finals.

Good idea but dunno if we should do the main season like that to start... try it out in a side season first... also what ar the teir limits? Like pp hp kg ect or is it based off the stock performance abilities? The teir list and car placement will need be throughly tested and placed if all teirs are allowed the same hp kg or pp. At least thats my opinion

My sleep schedule is lil weird atm...
Good idea but dunno if we should do the main season like that to start... try it out in a side season first... also what ar the teir limits? Like pp hp kg ect or is it based off the stock performance abilities? The teir list and car placement will need be throughly tested and placed if all teirs are allowed the same hp kg or pp. At least thats my opinion

I agree, testing will be needed. But for the most part, a majority of the popular touge cars fall into obvious categories. PP, power and weight don't have anything to do with the star system itself. We will still continue to use the classic S, A, B and C classes but cars in each class will be rated according to their performance in a given class.

For example, The FC would be a 3-star car in C class, 2-star in B class and 1-star in A class. It's all relative to the field of cars available in a class. Like an Elise would be 3-star rated regardless of class.

Any car which we aren't sure about, in regards to how it should be rated, we can put it up for discussion as a community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back