Legendary's Toyota Crown Majesta - First Post in 5+ Years

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 595 comments
So you had to remove it because of a law... Okay, I thought you did it intentionally. Nevermind.

Did you get to at least keep that stuff? I hope you did, put it all back on when you can legally have that stuff on your car.

Anna+Reece
So you had to remove it because of a law... Okay, I thought you did it intentionally. Nevermind.

Did you get to at least keep that stuff? I hope you did, put it all back on when you can legally have that stuff on your car.

Yeah it's all cleared now, most of the stuff will go back on and the coilovers will be raised quite a lot so they are definitely legal and not attention seeking. I can't justify spending this much money every time a cop notices it's even slightly too low.

I just checked it properly and down here it says that the overall wheel and tyre diameter cannot exceed more than 15mm of the largest tyre size stated on the placard in your door. I do know of people with ve omegas swapping the placard with say the calais model to get away with 20" wheels.

Tyre diameter, not wheel diameter?

So I finally got around to getting all my parts back on. I have 4 tyres waiting to go on as well as my current ones are all screwed.
I also removed the spoiler yesterday, I just need to remove the glue that's stayed on there.

1264826_10202029500204569_1917331037_o.jpg

tAy91D1.jpg

The first photo is from yesterday after I got the car back and the second is from this morning since the spoiler has been removed. :)

I probably liked it more with the factory spoiler on, but then I rarely see the appeal of de-spoilering cars, especially Supras. Progress and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, good to see it coming along.👍

Hey, good to see it back on the road. 👍 Time to change your signature, Legendary. :P

Touche ;). I'm hardly on here these days.

I probably liked it more with the factory spoiler on, but then I rarely see the appeal of de-spoilering cars, especially Supras. Progress and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, good to see it coming along.👍

1275269_10202054276943972_1112420825_o.jpg

Photo from today, I think it looks cleaner and I am hoping it is less of a look at me kind of thing.

^that ;)

Was the spoiler screwed on the lid?
If yes put it back on. I can't decide which looks better, but if you have now covered up holes in the trunk, it's better on than off. -.-

Nice eitherway though ;) 👍

Ibonibo
^that ;)

Was the spoiler screwed on the lid?
If yes put it back on. I can't decide which looks better, but if you have now covered up holes in the trunk, it's better on than off. -.-

Nice eitherway though ;) 👍

It was screwed and extremely well superglued. I honestly am getting a 50/50 response from everyone regarding it but personally I prefer it and it doesn't scream so much 'sports car' from the side profile.

Police here these days are absolute animals, they're absolutely smashing defect notices down peoples throats. It's very stressful driving an import and in all honesty I'd rather fly down some side streets if a copper went to turn around and get me to get away from a potential defect rather than be hit with another. It's stupid but it's the reality, many guys here do it.

I may be situated in a rural part of SA but believe me, we have the same flat out police focus around here. The sting is well and truly on and they seem so focused on defecting imports and picking on P-platers that they completely forget to enforce any other rule whatsoever. The Chaser looks awesome mate, it's just a damn shame that where we live driving something interesting will get more blue and red lights than driving like an idiot.

^What a shame...

I'm undecided on spoiler on/ off too, both are quite pleasant to the eye, so you're choice eitherway ;)

Yesterday I spent some time with my dad restoring both his and my headlights. We used 2000 grit sand paper on mine (his had to start from 600), followed by medium grade cut and polish, completed with a drill attachment for polishing with a woolen material on it.

All up it took a couple of hours or so but the result is well worth it. Although there is still some condensation inside the light that I noticed tonight with the headlights on.

1186812_10202109421402549_2035135503_n.jpg

Ill be putting my clear indicators back in if I can, unfortunately the mounts snapped when they were removed so it's going to be a bit difficult, I might have to swap the plastic on them.

Here's a rolling shot from the other day also:

1273080_10202090830337784_623387560_o.jpg

Ledge.
Youre a ledge.

If I could afford to run a car like that, id consider buying one.

:irked:👍

Ledge.
Youre a ledge.

If I could afford to run a car like that, id consider buying one.

:irked:👍

:lol:.

Yeah its honestly not that affordable at the moment, i'm trying to get a new job or a second job. But I manage because it's awesome and I love it :).

I finally got around to sitting the phone down somewhere and recording that beautiful 1JZ note for you guys, even the camera got a little excited as you'll see ;).

Occasionally the exhaust will pop while driving in an effort to pop flames but there's a very restrictive cat still in it which stops that from happening and also keeps the car quieter. Without that it would be a very loud flame throwing machine :P.

Legendary, your car sounds glorious. And I love the fact the camera/phone fell over on the last blip. :lol:

Sounds glorious as most straight sixes do 👍 Me and you need to have a straight six sound face off :P I'll try and get video of mine this weekend :P

Ooh, that's a properly lovely noise. I'll say it again: you've got an incredibly awesome car.

Thank you everyone, it does have quite a nice note but it's Also not too loud which is good! :)

Thing sound beautiful. Also, if it wasn't such a nuisance with your local police, I'd strongly say you should put your wing back. It really needs it.

Back