Legendary's Toyota Crown Majesta - First Post in 5+ Years

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 595 comments
BIG UPDATE! It hurts to say but the Chaser is gone :'(

Since my last post maaaany things have happened. Shortly before I sold the Chaser it was vandalised by the ex boyfriend of the girl I am seeing. Long story short, he was jealous of me at the time and he's extremely unstable, this was the result:

1265507_10202241495984331_29323643_o.jpg

1274523_10202241501064458_1102091218_o.jpg

1234008_10202241503824527_1010436597_n.jpg

1374183_10202241504984556_1371300365_n.jpg

547518_10202241509744675_1414975218_n.jpg

He attacked it with a Leatherman knife. That absolutely destroyed me, to see my car like that because I am treating a girl right and he can't handle it? I wanted to go on a rampage. I posted it up on my Facebook and some of the local car groups. Lets just say that if she had have given me his address there would have been so many angry car enthusiasts at his doorstep he would have wished he never lived. But no, I never demanded it, I controlled myself and the situation has died down. He never openly admitted to doing it, he admitted to being involved in it but unfortunately that wasn't enough for police to charge him for it.

Just before this happened I had been considering selling the chaser as it wasn't working for me financially. As much as it hurt to do, I had enough fun in it and had to put it up for sale. I will definitely own another one day. This photo is my last with the car:

735522_10202336086549036_196420068_o.jpg

Days after that photo I swapped the Chaser for this Hilux with a healthy amount of cash my way.

1398246_10202336021987422_951524790_o.jpg

It's awesome, cheap on fuel and a real head turner. However I knew before I even got it that I wouldn't keep it for long, the deal was good enough for me to do it though. It's lowered on 18x9.5 Concave Concepts all round for anyone that is interested. This has served me well for the last month or so but I think it's leaving me tomorrow for a new owner as I have purchased this, and plan to keep this:

740676_10202401388061533_1156296024_o.jpg

1273648_10202401559705824_723351873_o.jpg

1294467_10202446931800098_1307384177_o.jpg

A 1992 Nissan 300zx, fully optioned with leather seats, targa top, twin turbo manual, 2 seater.
This will be my baby I hope, I have plans for it already. So far it has a front mount and what appears to be a turbo back exhaust. It needs a new clutch and the wheels in the above pictures were sold this morning to fund for new ones that i'll get when the ute sells. I am looking at getting Rota's version of Work CR Kai's in white, like this one:

1402096_10202423863023393_1731165353_o.jpg

So this is where I am at at the moment, it's been a while since I updated and lots has happened! I shall keep you all posted!

Wow, quite an update Legendary! Really sorry to hear about the douche ex who perpetrated that dog act. Glad to hear that it's worked out after some wheeler dealing and you have a nice ride now to focus your attention on ;).

What a bloody 🤬

The 300zx looks beautiful! Seems to be a very clean example. It also appears to have late model style tail lights, those are very sought after and quite valuable. Out of curiosity how many K's has she done and whats it like to drive compared to that awesome chaser? Enjoy the ride buddy and welcome to the club :cheers:

What a bloody 🤬

The 300zx looks beautiful! Seems to be a very clean example. It also appears to have late model style tail lights, those are very sought after and quite valuable. Out of curiosity how many K's has she done and whats it like to drive compared to that awesome chaser? Enjoy the ride buddy and welcome to the club :cheers:

Yeah it is quite clean, the exterior paint is a little lacking in some areas due to a respray without adequate attention to detail (seen in the joins, fine areas like door handles etc) but it's better than if it were not resprayed. The interior is absolutely mint, the only crack in all of the vinyl is just above the gear knob. It's rare to see a Japanese car in Australia without a cracked dash, due to heat.
Yes, I was only just told about the tail lights being different the other day, turns out they are JDM tail lights produced from 96-99 I think. It's done 124k apparently but it has an aftermarket dash as seen here so it may not be legitimate. It is possible to remove the face plate and leave the kilometer housing there so who knows.
1398513_10202480412437093_1081195192_o.jpg

As for driving it, it's like nothing I have EVER driven before. I drive 10+ different cars per day at work, from old and modern bmw's and mercedes, to brand new 86's, golf's and everything inbetween and it really feels like nothing else.

One of the biggest things is the four wheel steering (HICAS) system it has. That makes for really amazing maneuverability and more stable high speed cornering. I am going to experiment further with the overall handling of the car once it has a new clutch and I can take it through the hills here. That's where I really learn the cars. It's very driver orientated, a bit like the Supra in the sense that everything instrument faces the driver. Its hard to tell from the above pictures and even from the below picture but instead of having the AC mounted on the dash in the center, it's mounted beside the wheel. The headlight/ wiper/ foglight switches and all the rest are also mounted beside the steering wheel rather than on it, it feels like a space ship. But it feels natural.
WhiteDash.jpg

The Chaser was nice and cruisy to drive, they actually both weigh the same amount surprisingly. I loved having a big sleeper 4 door sedan that absolutely hauls ass when it needs too but lays low and unsuspected also. This, this feels exclusive, you have two seats, nothing but boot space behind you and nothing but the road infront of you, it's great :)

Wow what an update.

What a douche that guy is... Incredible...
Always getting in trouble for girls, :lol: ??

The ZX is awesoooome !!!
After the problems of legality of the Chaser, this is a good start 👍
The light leather is gorgeous

On the Hicas, a lot of people get rid of it though as on a performance level it isn't quite up to the task...

Wow what an update.

What a douche that guy is... Incredible...
Always getting in trouble for girls, :lol: ??

The ZX is awesoooome !!!
After the problems of legality of the Chaser, this is a good start 👍
The light leather is gorgeous

On the Hicas, a lot of people get rid of it though as on a performance level it isn't quite up to the task...
Oh I should have made clear the light leather interior one isn't mine, it was just to help visualise the dash surround and all that. My interior is black :)

that's a 180° turn of things :0 but it seems to have been for the better. The Hillux looked pretty neat too! But I agree that the 300ZX is a keeper with all the stuff it contains. I'd love to own one.

Nice going dude, will keep an eye for updates.

that's a 180° turn of things :0 but it seems to have been for the better. The Hillux looked pretty neat too! But I agree that the 300ZX is a keeper with all the stuff it contains. I'd love to own one.

Nice going dude, will keep an eye for updates.
The sale with the Hilux doesnt seem to have gone ahead so i'm still waiting to get rid of that! But yes it's extremely neat, and beautiful :)

I'd rather have the Lo'lux. But I'm probably brain damaged.. :)

I considered moving to Australia for a while. But having number plates revoked for air ride and all the trouble you went through with the Chaser.. And cops can't arrest vandals.. Makes me reconsider it..

I'd rather have the Lo'lux. But I'm probably brain damaged.. :)

I considered moving to Australia for a while. But having number plates revoked for air ride and all the trouble you went through with the Chaser.. And cops can't arrest vandals.. Makes me reconsider it..
Ehhh really it depends where you are as all the road rules aren't part of a national system, each state (there is only 5 states, 2 territories) has their own rules which is a bit ridiculous. So say if you move to Queensland which is where I was from, they crack down on 'hooning' far more than here. For example, slightest bit of wheelspin (even by accident) or exccessive noise while taking off will lead you to a 90 day impound immediately whereas being more than three times over the alcohol limit or 40+km/h over the speed limit leads requires you to have offended 3 times before even seeing a 90 day impound.

However in South Australia, where I am now, being 99mm above the ground instead of 100mm is worse than having a 30 year old cum bucket of rust with body panels hanging off everywhere and likely failing suspension and braking components. Why? Because the people with the piles of rubbish will not pay the vehicle inspection, nor defect fee. So the government won't get their money. Money > Safety. Logic? Wot?

I could go on and on about this pathetic government but why waste my breath, would honestly consider moving to Japan in the near future depending on what happens with my life. That place is gorgeous and illegal modifications are few and far between.

That's why the GDP is so high huh..!
If there wasn't for language barriers and the uncertainty around the Japanese economy I'd move there in a heartbeat.. I love Tokyo, walking around in back streets and seeing an R32 GT-R or something else random tucked into a super narrow drive with a kei car next to it.. Does it for me :)

That's why the GDP is so high huh..!
If there wasn't for language barriers and the uncertainty around the Japanese economy I'd move there in a heartbeat.. I love Tokyo, walking around in back streets and seeing an R32 GT-R or something else random tucked into a super narrow drive with a kei car next to it.. Does it for me :)
And not to mention it's the technology capital pretty much, I went there a few years ago with my family and loved it!

The Lowlux is sold I believe, a deposit was taken last night and it will be picked up later this week! So this means $$$ for the zed! This is a photo I finally got around to taking of the ute the other day with the DSLR :)
1404842_10202536809686989_1034329557_o.jpg

I'm with Eirik on this, I actually prefer the Lowlux... but the 300ZX is growing on me and that looks like a nice example.

I'm with Eirik on this, I actually prefer the Lowlux... but the 300ZX is growing on me and that looks like a nice example.
Oh, I personally prefer to drive the Lowlux around at the moment because it's beautiful, I get so many compliments every time I drive it around. The 300zx is nothing to look at yet but plans are in the works, I just need the money from the lux to do anything, and hopefully I get that today or tomorrow :).

A fair bit happening at the moment! In the last week I bought all the goodies I needed for audio. I bought an Alpine CDE-147EBT for the headunit, its basically this years version of the one I used to have in the Impreza, which I was extremely happy with (picture below of impreza)
284469_10200383807343276_197896147_n.jpg

I really would have liked to go for a touch screen but unfortunately I have a bar between my two DIN slots and it wouldnt fit well, and flip out screens are about a generation behind and overpriced. This one does all I could need bar digital radio, but that's okay. I also got some sort of Hertz speakers that are not installed yet, I personally hadn't heard of them before I entered the shop but the guy inside recommended them and played them against the Alpine Type S and some similarly priced Pioneers on the wall and they destroyed them. I am very excited to have them put in soon.

I also bought a 5 channel Vibe amp and large subwoofer from a mate of mine, I paid about 150 for the two although he showed me they were 750 combined. The amp and sub are installed at the moment and its still running the old speakers in there for the time being. I was up until 3am with a mate last weekend just doing this and havent had any further time yet.
988772_10202600945530345_263482354_n.jpg

I also just bought a clutch and manual boost controller (yet to be delivered). It's a stage 3 (technically 4) extreme heavy duty button clutch, it should be very similar to what was in the Chaser. That's currently being installed as I type and I am very excited to have that in. I love the button clutches, they are very easy to launch off of and I honestly find them easier to control and use, I think i'm part of a small minority though. Once that is done and the boost controller arrives I plan to bump the boost up from 7psi on both turbos to 14psi, which is a high safe figure for the stock turbos.
1470394_10202640005826828_916648344_n.jpg

Once I get the car back this afternoon I need to travel a fair distance tonight to go and pick up some used R32 GTR Tein Superstreets Coilovers. The R32 GTR suspension is the same as the 300zx luckily enough, so its actually easier to find parts suited to that rather than the 300. Ill put those on when I get a chance, and then within the next two weeks some new wheels and tyres should be on the car. I've decided on 18x9.5+20 Rota Torques in white, which is essentially the Work CR Kai, like I posted a picture of a few posts ago. They should sit nice and flush all around, the coilovers will give me nice adjustment and i'll also get all four wheels aligned once installed :).

And just a fun picture this one, I got pulled over last night for the first time in the Zed. Just for a random license/ breath and tyre check.
1425591_10202648566280834_1708861667_n.jpg

You are making progress with this car bloody quick! Really keen to see photos of it one it's on the Works and coilovers. Good work mate 👍

That 'fun' photo :lol:

You are making progress with this car bloody quick! Really keen to see photos of it one it's on the Works and coilovers. Good work mate 👍

That 'fun' photo :lol:
Yeah it's getting there, once i've done these things it'll slow down and i'll just get things here and there, I am just keen to have it the way I want it already :).

Fun ;).

Pics of GF or GTFO :cool:

Hahah you wish!

53198224_10218601105802555_1366954052977426432_o.jpg

53417923_10218601098962384_6045707703718772736_o.jpg

Seeing as it's been over 5 years since i posted I figure ill throw a quick update in here and prove i'm still alive and see how everyone is doing!

I have now owned over 35 cars, the attached being my current, favourite, and forever. One day I may post an extensive list of what I have owned but this one is a 2004 Toyota Majesta Type C, an import from Japan into Australia. I only know of less than a handful in the state I live in in Australia.

I had wanted one for years and now made that become a reality. Anyone familiar with these cars knows they have a luxurious feature list longer than you could ever believe!

It's powered by a 4.3L 3UZ Quad Cam V8, backed by a 6 speed auto. My particular example features black leather, heads up display, front and rear heated seats, rear reclining seats, GPS, reverse camera and sensors, parking pole etc etc just to name a few. It also has custom made 19" ArtInMotion wheels shipped from the U.S as well as T Demand Pro Damper coilovers, replacing the crappy factory air suspension. As well as a variety of other small touches here and there.

As its been so long since my last posting it'll be interesting to see if anyone remembers me! I've seen a few names here as i've browsed that I do recognise from back in the day! :)

I'm jealous of those wheels :drool: . Do you have any interior pics of the crown? I'm curious on what parts from the Crown are used in the Celsior (LS 430) and vice versa.

Is it actually legal for you to own this one this time? :P

Good to see you back. Crowns are lovely.

E223D06C-B051-4D1D-BE2E-912B80F06820.jpeg
80C68E2C-9634-430B-8826-E3328FE5A24E.jpeg
1293D019-B79A-40DF-BB97-6195C9CAF34B.jpeg
E7139CF7-3D58-41A7-A458-D1F4497DE1B7.jpeg
D2105089-7560-4292-9B8F-4D5AF1284FA0.jpeg

Yeah I’ll be honest one of my mates purchased the wheels before me and they were around 1K USD EACH. Insane.

Funny SVX, a lot changes in 5 years, I can now legally drive these ‘high performance’ cars in Australia ;).

Here’s a few random interior shots from way back when I first purchased it. It obviously shares a lot of similarities with other Lexus and Toyota models but it has an unbelievable feature list for its age.

Edit: Here’s an article I had written up about this car too with some other photos

http://www.slowlifeau.com/media/majestic-af-kyles-s180-crown-majesta/

Back