Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
i made every single star wars podracer on the grid.

my "friends" (who i dont hang out with anymore) asked to borrow them one day...so i showed my stuff to them. they threw every single podracer off their top bunk and broke my PS demo disc too. the millions of pieces were all over their room, so i could never rebuild them.

thats how much they suck. thats what you get for hanging out with unintelligent people.

i whooped some ass though.

i bet if we didnt have computers....we'd be living in our own self-built lego houses.

......or something.

I took the jedi starfighter and made it look like the fighter jet from cowboy bebop, but i ususlly completely demolish my sets and go my own way.

LoudMusic
Well the Ferrari F1 is cool stuff. And for $70 it's not a bad set. But it lacks detail and suspension, among other things.

I had to order the Williams F1 from an Australian company because I missed out when Lego had them in stock. The extra $40 for shipping was a bit tough, but I really like the set. It has twice as many pieces as the Ferrari and is about 50% larger over all. It has better steering and includes independant shocks on all four wheels. It seems a bit flimsy but I think that's due to its immense size.

Both of them are super cool. Eventually I plan to post pictures.

I got this set for Xmas. It's definitely a great set, and it looks good next to my 8466 offroader! I was really hoping for some suspension, though. I knew the Williams F1/Silver Champion had suspension, and i would really like to get that set someday. If i were to get it right now, i wouldnt be able to put it anywhere.. I've practically run out of space. I suppose i will need more shelving/bookcases or something so i can place my lego stuff around the house.

Freddie
Lego is probably the best toy around. Anybody interested in Lego should check out LUGNET, and take a look under the technic section. There's tonnes of Lego information on that site, including building instructions for advanced technic constructrions. There are building instructions for torsen diffs, opposable diffs, automatic gearboxes (both mechanic and pneumatic!):drool:. I'd probably try out some of that once I find the will to sacrifice some of my larger sets. Or prolly just improvise and built my own solutions.

BTW; The Williams F1 (aka. Silver Champion) is nothing compared to Lego's supercars, especially the big, green, mean monster of an off-roader they had. Four-wheel drive, 5+R transmission and convertable to four-wheel steer, plus gull-wing doors with integrated sidesteps that folded out when the doors were opened. :dopey:

Ah yes, the 8466 offroader.. I remember i got that great set from my mom a few xmases ago. I sat down from 3pm to 3am building that sucker. No breaks whatsoever.. Slightly dissapointingly, it doesnt have 4 wheel steering. Also, due to the amount of weight in the front of the truck, the suspension doesn't hold it up very well. The suspension lowers because of the weight, while the rear sticks up in the air just fine. Still a wonderful little machine though!

SS2
USS Kittyhawk alone

Although it's from Megablocks, i think it's a wonderful set. Its a representation of its real-life counterpart, and is well worth the build time.. I believe this one took me just about 12 hours as well when i got it.

LoudMusic

What i'd like to see is a Technic representation of this car. Only due to its complexity. I think it would be a great challenge to build, and would look great if it had working suspension, doors, hood/bonnet + trunk, motor, steering, and everything else technic is wonderful for. I believe that Lego could really do this, and that it would be a very well selling set. But no doubt, they'd charge up the wazoo for it. :grumpy:

Yeah that's been around a while - looks like she finished in Jan 2002. Sad story about her cat that is pictured inside the church. She seems good natured and realizes that shes a bit weird (:

I've got the 1:24 version of that. I picked it up at LegoLand in Carlsbad. We saw the blue XC90 there, and yes, it is amazing in real life.

Belive or not, but I acutally built a 3 car garage big enough to hold 5 to 6 of my 1:18 cars. Not garage doors or roof, but that's because I didn't have enough Legos.

Will be buying more to complete it.

Ah, the lego. I never really got into cars and legos, for me it was always spaceplanes, military bases with energy weapons, fantastical sources of power, and complex stories played out by the mini-figures and their articles. </nostalgia>

I've got a mean looking mound of Castle system Lego. And then I got into "Ultimate Collector" Star Wars stuff. Then I realized there were much better models than this Star Wars stuff and I picked up the Williams and Ferrari F1 cars along with some various other things. I've also got a start on some incredible Lego train work (:

I never got into the mini-fig scale space stuff. Model Team was always pretty cool. Now I wish I would have picked up some of those semi-rigs and other such things.

I had the big black Kenwoth looking semi cab, but i got to mounting the engine when I realised the Chassis was a unit off. then It was the end of the truck.

menglan
I had the big black Kenwoth looking semi cab, but i got to mounting the engine when I realised the Chassis was a unit off. then It was the end of the truck.

Ouch. I did that with the UCS X-Wing model. That was a bugger to fix.

Jpec07
Ah, the lego. I never really got into cars and legos, for me it was always spaceplanes, military bases with energy weapons, fantastical sources of power, and complex stories played out by the mini-figures and their articles. </nostalgia>

TOTALLY!!!!! The space legos were some of the BEST! all the clear/colored pieces, you could make awesome weapons and space fighters out of them!

I had soooo many freakin' legos! :lol: The greatest Toy ever!!! I even got the Catalogues!!!! :drool:

Then Technics came out! those are sweet, and then they came out with Pneumatic (sp?) power!! with air powered pistons and such! but i never had the money for those.......

Ah the memories :D

LoudMusic
The Lego Ferrari F1 is on sale. I paid full price (grumble grumble) and it's $15 cheaper now.

Dead linky :(

Does the Lego shop still have any Williams ones? I've got the Ferrari (for £40 - approx. $60, I think) and now regret not getting the Williams.

I've got a lot of Lego models but they keep getting scavenged for pieces to make my own creations - parts of a castle and a ship are now part of a monster truck, for example; now that I think about it, the F1 Ferrari is the only model left as it was orginally designed to be.

Lego stopped selling the Williams racer a long time ago. I found my copy at an Australian Lego reseller. Even with the shipping from AU I was only out an extra $10 USD or so, so it wasn't bad. You can find them on Ebay but they're really expensive.

I would suggest checking online UK resellers - seems it was a hot item initially so everyone over stocked and then it didn't sell.

I gots a bigass Lego Technic (with gullwing doors btw) oofroad SUV which resembles a grand cherokee. It has pneumatic door openers too.

Specs:
Tires: Huge.
Drivetrain: RWD
Powerplant: 16ML (0.016L) Lego V8
Transmission: 5spd manual
Steering: rack'n'pinion
horsepower: *yet to be dyno'd
torque: *'' '' '' ''
Seats: tubular plastic construction bucket seats
Trunk space: Approx. 800ml (approx 25cui)
Chassis: Lego I-beam plastic multipiece construction

OOOh yah.

Attachments

• JeepGC.jpg
    JeepGC.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 53
Lego has a new Ferrari set.

And oddly enough they've rereleased the Maersk Sealand container ship, which was originally supposed to be a limited run collector's item ... I don't fully understand whats going on, but I'm placing my order in about 10 minutes. It'll look lovely on the fireplace mantel, don't you think? (:

I used to buy loadsa lego.....pitty now they are facing difficulty with huge losses....kid's these days! Pft! .......the new star wars stuff is really cool though

Back