Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
69Dodge_Charger
I have two of those sets, well...did. I took them both apart and used them for pieces. Anyway, here is an update on the garage. I added two windows and a door to the front, and now there is only one opening. I think it looks better this way; the old version was pretty plain when I look at it.

Comments still appreciated. :)
Wow, that's awesome.

I have built my own little 3 car garage, however, its all multi-colored, and took just about every brick I own. It stores 3 1:18 cars with 1 car garage and 1 2 car garage connected. However, I can encorporate 3 1 cars, or put a wall on the 2 car and make 1 garage holding 3 cars.
It took a while, but it tunred out cool.

If only they made moveable doors big enough for them.

I just finished a hotrod frame made entirely out of the 1' wide flat pieces. now I'm making the cab from the top down, and working on the bed. I'm trying for the chopped 1930's pickup look.

Yeah, I deleted it, because I haven't got one single reply after I posted it.

Anyway, I went to eBay and I bought some new sets. I do have now 6 'big' technic sets:
8448 (Super car 1999)
8466 (Off road thing)
8479 (Bar code truck) eBay
8480 (Fiber Space Shuttle) eBay
8868 (Compressor & Pneumatic truck 1992) eBay
8880 (Super Car 1994)

Maybe I'm gonna buy box 8860 some day, that was also a super car (1980). I know there was even an previous one (853/956 from 1977, one is America only), but that one has very bright colors while the 8860 is black (I like that more).

I got the Star Wars X-Wing a few months ago. I bought it when I went to the Lego Store in Downtown Disney in Orlando, Florida. Took me about 4 hours to build it. I really want the Death Star, Imperial Star Destroyer, and the Ferrari Semi. 👍

Woo-hoo. I got the Millennium Falcon tonight. $100USD. It's 985 pieces and is going to take me a very long time to build. I'm gonna start on it tonight. I'll post pics of it and my X Wing and Tie Fighter once I'm finished building the Millennium Falcon.

Can I just ask the ages of the people posting in this thread, I wanna make sure I'm normal, cause I'm 19 and I still love Lego.

sting
Can I just ask the ages of the people posting in this thread, I wanna make sure I'm normal, cause I'm 19 and I still love Lego.
I'm 19 too and I have all my Legos nearby if I'll need them. :)

My biggest achievement in the Lego world was a three-speed gearbox with reverse. Big and ugly but it worked. :P

LoudMusic
I about crapped myself when I saw this!!

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8527&cn=55&d=11&t=5

New Mindstorm brick that uses BLUETOOTH! About time they revamped the Mindstorm line ...
Improved light sensors can detect different colors and intensities, while the new sound sensor enables robots to respond to sound patterns and tones. Robots can really "feel" with improved touch sensors, while ultrasonic "eyes" measure distance and movement.
Man, that will seriously kick some robosapien ass! I managed to refrain myself from spending on any Star Wars set so far, but I don't believe I'll pass on that one, especially if there's a 2 way api to program it through vb, c# or java. :drool:

ive just finished building my ferrari f1 car :D

how it came in the box :P
pict0001resize3uh.jpg

front nose and steering
pict00051vf.jpg

pict00075fm.jpg

this was it after the second bag :)
pict00094iq.jpg

next was the best part......the engine :D
pict0010resize7ym.jpg

pict0012resize7jh.jpg

pict0013resize7ry.jpg

pict0014resize7fx.jpg

then the rear suspension and gearbox
pict0015size8au.jpg

then there was the exhausts
pict0018resize4dm.jpg

pict00195jt.jpg

then done the rear bodywork and spoiler and it was finished :D
pict0020size6iz.jpg

pict00219yo.jpg

Wow, that almost make me wanna go out and buy one. :drool:

Sting it's normal infact there are Industrial Designers (my former major) that play with them as well as other similar toys like legos to stimulate ideas and creativity. 👍

Nice F1.

My dad once tried to make a plane engine. The type with radially arranged pistons.
Totally didn't work.

I wanted to get that F1 Ferrari when I saw it but didnt have the money. Theres been a few sets that I wanted to get, including the F1 Williams, a huge yellow crane and most recently the Enzo.

I've got both the F1 and the Enzo. The F1 took me about 5 hours to put together, and the Enzo... well, I started just before 4 pm Christmas day, and built non-stop until it was finished. At 1am.

I'll post some pictures when I have some time.

Ah, you mean box 8448 and box 8479 right? :) At this moment I own 6 'big' lego boxes. The 8448 (red car 1999) , 8466 (green 4x4 car 2001), 8479 (green truck 1997), 8480 (Space Shuttle 1996), 8868 (black 'Compressor & Pneumatic' truck 1992) and last but not least 8880 (Big black car 1994).

I bought boxes 8868, 8479 and 8480 quite recently (June 2005). So far I I've only build box 8479 and I like the truck, but the 8880 car is by far my favorite, also because there's a story behind it. I bought that car in 1997 or 1998 (I think 1998). The car was out of stock in most places of my town, but one 'hobby shop' still had it. That store had more old models (I saw Technic cars from 1990 and maybe even older). I didn't had enough money for it, but since my birthday was not far behind, I asked the seller if he could keep that car apart for 2 weeks and he even did it :)

Anyway, I do not like the newer generation Lego cars (1999-...). It lost the 'power' the older models had. Yes, I do have box 8448 and 8466 and yes, those cars are from the newer generation, but I don't like them as much as my older cars.

When I see box 8421 (2005) I see a very decent crane truck, but it still doesn't have the older parts that Lego Technic had for so many years. Sure, for younger people that aren't used to the older models that thing would be awesome, but it's just not my appreciated style.

I used to have so much lego when I was younger. Had proper lego technik kits and just the normal building blocks. Kept me entertained for hours and I belive it was brilliant as a tool of a child learning. When I have Kids I will buy them loads so they dont spend their whole day infront of the TV like too many kiddies do nowadays.

Seeing those pics makes me want to go out and buy some but its too costly for me at the moment. You guys should sheck out the european site and see if they can ship some other as you will save a bundle.

Lego was my first serious hobby as a nipper, it outstripped stamp collecting and put the sword a bit to model cars as then i used be inundated w/ Matchbox & Dinky & Tonka cars but they were all ****e quality 'cept for one or two mboxes; the Lambo Espada by Pninfarina (used confuse that w/ the phillipines), the Batmobile etc

i made some pretty dope battery powered Lego vehics when me dad used fetch the technical sets as the meccano werent supreme. There wuz a switching unity that had contacts u could put a socket up through, seriously, dozens of small to medium oblong lights for ure initial Lego habitations of, most redbrick w/ blue&yellow speckle stylee (the corner pieces could get rare, and ude have to hold on to ure slate).

Had so much lego that it wuz regular to reach the ceiling of the Living room w/ a wide-based tower. Great Days, all :( gone.

Integra Type R
I've got several Star Wars Lego sets. I still need to finish the Mellinnium Falcon I bought back in August...

August!!! Damn, I woulda had that finished in 3-5 days. :dopey:
I love Lego and Lego Technic, once I start making one I'm hooked, I could do with another set to create.

EDIT: The green computerised one I talked about earlier is this one:
green.jpg

Not my picture but its the same thing. I had to take mine apart when I moved here 6 years ago and never got round to building it.

Well, a week ago (6 february) I finally made the 8868 truck from 1992. It's hard to describe how good this truck is. It's very difficult to make (all those pneumatic pipes have to be placed in the right way and there are a LOT of them).

This truck has a V6-engine which works with help of a rubber band, something I also don't see often. The 4 rear wheels make the engine run and this engine runs very quickly, like the first gear of box 8880/8448.

You can pump air in the pipes via a small pump connected to a 9V motor and this works brilliantly. It can be the new 8421 has the same feature, but if it's not, the 8868 is unique in this 'compressor & pneumatic' feature.

On the back of the truck there is a lifting arm and with the 4(!) switches you can do lots of things. One switch will turn the arm to the left or to the right (via 2 pneumatic cylinders), the second and thrirth switch will move the arm up or down (at 2 different places ofcourse) and the 4th switch will open or close the claw.

The 8880 is a very good car and probably the best 'non-9v-powered' technic set in my opinion, but this 8868 set is simply the best overall set at this moment (I still have to make the Space Shuttle (8480) which is even better according to many people). Btw, I like the 8479 truck, but it has less functions than the 8868 truck and although the whole bar code thing is cool, pneumatic powered by a 9v motor is even better than that. You can really hear that the motor and pump are working and that's not the case with the 8479 (ok, it creates truck-sounds, but if that is put off (which is possible), you don't hear anything at all)

The funny thing is that I never really was into trucks: "Cars were uber, trucks were not". This truck, together with the 8479 (bar code) truck completely changed my mind.

I don't have my own pictures of that truck right now, but I'll give a link to a site that can give you an impression of this car and why I'm talking so positive about it: http://www.preussie.net/Lego/8868/index.html

When I've finished the space shuttle as well, I'll try to make some pictures with the digital camera which should be somewhere around here.

Back