Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
Capture.PNG

Began working on a fairly simple F1 car, thinking about doing a full team set.

A couple of months ago, I built a Speed Champions style Ford GT LM.
1464324427m_DISPLAY.jpg

There are more photos here: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/429176

But this recently greeted me on Facebook:

Now, in the comments section, Lego themselves say that these models were created specifically for the celebration of Ford's LeMans return and won't be made into a real set but I think differently because I see a couple of new pieces on the front of the newer car. I'm willing to bet that this will be a 2017 release.

Its a shame. I'd pick up that classic GT40 in a hart beat. Wouldn't even hesitate to throw one in the cart if I saw it.

That or a classic Mustang. They have already done the Camaro. Now its time to pony up.

Finished my little LEGO gunship! Now I just need the cash to order those 1150 parts. Thats about 180 bucks. :ouch:

Minifig-sized, it has a small cargo space in the back for 5 minifig soldiers or equipment, 2 cockpits, retractable landing gear, 4 rocket compartments with moving hatches (16 rockets), a large rocket compartment in the back for 2 ICBM's, 2 rail guns under the wings, a twin barrel 35mm machine cannon under the cockpit, 5 engines (2 at the belly, 2 on the wings, 1 at the tail)
The tail engine can move vertically.

Its pretty much a sci-fi version of the mil-mi 24 superhind. ;)

gunshipfinished1_zpsmb3mdbqk.jpg

gunshipfinished2_zpsup8yfkqt.jpg

gunshipfinished4_zpsqzgnhskp.jpg

I have been revisiting my Lego recently and wanted to know, does the 'Pick a Brick' selection on the Lego website ever change / get updated?

I went through all the parts and there are many they don't seem to offer despite having the relevant categories. I wouldn't want to place an order for spares and find out later that they have stuff I couldn't pick first time around.

@daan what did you think of the build? It was simpler than I was expecting. The F40 is proving a more technical set so far.

I may have created a monster after getting the free London bus and letting the Fiancée build it. I've just had to buy the tilt maze for her. :)

And I'm sitting here wanting a near infinite stream of money so I can afford all the sets that I want to build :lol:. I haven't bought a set in a long while and I miss assembling them so much.

I try to curb my intake of Lego sets since I don't always have time to build them.

Just recently I finished up the Avengers Quinjet (76032) which I thought was an enjoyable build.

Next on the list is the Falcon. (75015) I've had it for a while, just haven't had the time to crack into it.

... or the space to store it ...

@daan what did you think of the build? It was simpler than I was expecting. The F40 is proving a more technical set so far.
Yeah, it was fairly straightforward. I liked the fact that the names and stripes were printed as I hate faffing about with stickers.

Some engine shots.

IMG_20161007_11557.jpg
IMG_20161007_54654.jpg

I love how they use guns as the exhaust manifold.

Six years I've been a member here and didn't realise there was a Lego thread!

I loved lego as a kid and now I have disposable income as an adult I really like to buy some of the bigger sets. Couple of pics of my collection.

FC2E6956-F525-4253-ABEC-213720929B43_1.jpg

482B1818-1649-4140-AEE7-E3B7012F1B4F_1.jpg

But by far my favorite set is this.

F0673DBC-0D48-4E36-A9CA-C152F5235272.jpg

It's just about finished in that pic. It's a bricklinked original Falcon which is sat in a fan designed Docking Bay 327. It's enormous and my plan is to get a clear Perspex cover for it, stick some legs on it and use it as a coffee table.

So according to what I've seen on Facebook, Lego are now offering a Lego-proof pair of slippers for pissed off parents.

Could be a spoof but I like it all the same.

Latest Posts

Back