Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,384 comments
I really like this one, but not sure I'll grab it or not yet. I feel bad I missed out on the Mini that would go well will it.

I spy the VW camper van in the background. I recently built that too and I love it.

The VW was my last Creator build before the Fiat 500. The Fiat felt like it went by pretty quick and was rather enjoyable to see come together. I have the Mini and Caterham above the VW Camper in my display cabinet, I should get a photo of them together.

Despite having time on my vacation, I haven't quite felt up to doing a larger kit, so I just did that Fiat and now the Ducati. I can't say I'm into bikes, but something about seeing the packaging and photos made me want it. It looks rather good too, my first ever motorcycle build.
148506802_10225638981700724_4605697977586690011_o.jpg

The new Porsche 911 set 10295 is available now for VIP members, however, it looks like Lego abruptly canceled the VIP reward promotion for North America. Kinda bummed about that, but to be honest I wasn't even aware of the promotion until it was canceled. Anyways, I ordered the 911.

The new Porsche 911 kit was originally slated to ship with a “Porsche Owners Pack” for customers who purchased the set during the early VIP window. The Gift With Purchase would include a special pack of promotional materials, including a LEGO Porsche card wallet, four art prints, and a “Certificate of Awesomeness.” It appears the promotion will still be available in other markets, but it will not be offered to North American customers, leaving customers in North America to turn to resellers if they want these exclusive goodies.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021...he-911-turbo-911-targa-in-north-america-news/

LEGO-Creator-Expert-18-10295-Porsche-911-Turbo-and-911-Targa-QP5TE-26-1024x682.jpg

The new Porsche 911 set 10295 is available now for VIP members, however, it looks like Lego abruptly canceled the VIP reward promotion for North America. Kinda bummed about that, but to be honest I wasn't even aware of the promotion until it was canceled. Anyways, I ordered the 911.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021...he-911-turbo-911-targa-in-north-america-news/

LEGO-Creator-Expert-18-10295-Porsche-911-Turbo-and-911-Targa-QP5TE-26-1024x682.jpg
I've ordered one too. Almost ordered 2 so I could have the Turbo and Carrera side by side...

My order doesn't mention the owner's pack anywhere either. :confused:

I've ordered one too. Almost ordered 2 so I could have the Turbo and Carrera side by side...

My order doesn't mention the owner's pack anywhere either. :confused:
I considered two sets as well, but only got one. I plan to build the Targa first then the Turbo so I can keep the Turbo displayed.

Information on owner's pack promotion is pretty vague, I didn't see any official Lego announcement on it prior to the cancelation and I only saw that because I got an email about it two days before the set would release on Feb 16 for VIPs. I'd think that because you're outside North America you will receive it?

The email I got says this below, so even that is not super clear on if the rest of the world will get it or not (suppose they wouldn't necessarily have worldwide info in an email to me anyways):

*Important change
Unfortunately, current shipping challenges impacting the US West Coast have forced us to cancel the limited-edition LEGO Porsche Owners Pack associated with this launch.

Last edited:
upload_2021-2-16_13-20-5.png

There is an asterisk next to the welcome pack in the email they sent, but no indication of what it means. It's bound to a be "while stocks last" item and perhaps I was too late. I'd have bought the 911 anyway though.

I was looking forward to the gift pack, but bummed that it was canceled so suddenly right before the VIP release. I ordered it anyways as I was interested in the set anyways, but it turns out my brother ordered one too while he's in Spain thinking he could get the gift set. But I'm worried the stock probably ran out by the time he ordered his.

Think I should have him cancel his order? He used his VIP US account to order to his hotel in Spain in hopes of getting the gift pack.

It's bound to a be "while stocks last" item and perhaps I was too late.
Hopefully you do get it, though. I'd think it's still very early and I'd be shocked if you fell outside the window to receive the promotion unless they are very limited quantities.

I think Lego is a bit overwhelmed with orders lately and shipping/logistics has obviously become more difficult. Is what it is, I suppose. If the physical Lego store were closer to me I'd just make the drive rather than order online.

Think I should have him cancel his order? He used his VIP US account to order to his hotel in Spain in hopes of getting the gift pack.
Wait and see if he gets the promotion? I am wondering if Lego is even confirming that anyone will receive it or not. I would think that when they ran out of stock they would stop showing it on the site? Then again, wondering if using the US account will disqualify him from getting it anyways, even if ordered in Spain.

Last edited:
Wait and see if he gets the promotion? I am wondering if Lego is even confirming that anyone will receive it or not. I would think that when they ran out of stock they would stop showing it on the site? Then again, wondering if using the US account will disqualify him from getting it anyways, even if ordered in Spain.

I'm having doubts that he'll get the gift pack for that reason as well as how quickly the stock must have run out by the time he ordered. He also did the expedited shipping as he's got until the end of February before he leaves.

There is an asterisk next to the welcome pack in the email they sent, but no indication of what it means. It's bound to a be "while stocks last" item and perhaps I was too late. I'd have bought the 911 anyway though.
I was hoping to be lucky enough to get the owners pack GWP when i ordered one myself, as it'll be the most expensive Lego set i've ever bought, and i was hoping for the additional value of the purchase.
Unfortunately for me being not too bright, i figured i'd be in with an okay chance if i ordered it at 00.00am UK time, just as it was turning the 16th.
It wasn't until i discovered that i could order slightly before that, that the penny dropped that it was released under the European time zone.
There's no mention of it on my order, so it looks like i've definitely missed out, though i was going to order it anyway so it's not too bad.
Also by the looks of things people are already selling the owners/welcome pack on Ebay for about £100, which is crazy!

Anyway thought i'd share my most recent creation here. It's my entry for a technic contest run over on Eurobricks.
I was hoping to add a gearbox but seeing as Technic isn't usually my thing, i just couldn't figure how to squeeze one into the design.
I still think it's not too bad though for my first attempt at a technic MOC, (the Go-Kart i did ages ago doesn't count really, as it only ever had just working steering).

[Edit]
Forgot to mention, it has working suspension front and back, a flat four engine (hidden under the silver 2x4 tiles), which is driven by a prop shaft that's connected to the rear wheel gear. It also has some unusual gear operated steering mechanism, that's linked to the hub center steering front wheel.

Last edited:
Since the promotion was canceled, I didn't bother ordering the 911. I'm going to wait until 2x VIP points, when I'll get the 488 Technic race car at the same time.

I haven't taken any pics of the Creator Porsche yet (gonna wait until i make some changes to it), but damn it looks so good! :drool:
I've built the Turbo version, but i'm going to be stripping it down and bagging it back up tomorrow, as my partner has said she'd like to build the Targa version, (she best not get attached to it though, as i will be modding the set :lol:).

I didn't ever get the Mustang, (only have the Mini, London bus and the James Bond DB5), but this is easily my favourite Creator set so far. Love it!

I haven't taken any pics of the Creator Porsche yet (gonna wait until i make some changes to it), but damn it looks so good! :drool:
I've built the Turbo version, but i'm going to be stripping it down and bagging it back up tomorrow, as my partner has said she'd like to build the Targa version, (she best not get attached to it though, as i will be modding the set :lol:).

I didn't ever get the Mustang, (only have the Mini, London bus and the James Bond DB5), but this is easily my favourite Creator set so far. Love it!
Looking forward to building it! Mine won't arrive for another week or so.

Think my dad is hooked on Lego, he's been messaging me frequently asking me what sets he should get. He doesn't buy to keep, but I will buy them off him afterwards.

He ended up grabbing the new Mclaren Senna Technic, the Corvette ZR1 Technic and the Technic Volvo 6x6 Hauler (42114):
OIP.NpBjrNd4qe1o8PrFXi5RvQHaFD

Finished the 911, gotta say it was one of the more fun builds I've done in a while. Very clever, too. I started with the Targa and will build the Turbo sometime later on. Sorry, the pictures aren't very good.

50970599018_f0d05f9a1b_b.jpg

50970598503_1b6c5d9533_b.jpg

I knew it was bigger than the Creator F40, but I was surprised how much bigger:
50971397282_9dd41d99a9_b.jpg

50970597023_1512053e25_b.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the 911, gotta say it was one of the more fun builds I've done in a while. Very clever, too. I started with the Targa and will build the Turbo sometime later on. Sorry, the pictures aren't very good.

50970599018_f0d05f9a1b_b.jpg

50970598503_1b6c5d9533_b.jpg

I knew it was bigger than the Creator F40, but I was surprised how much bigger:
50971397282_9dd41d99a9_b.jpg

50970597023_1512053e25_b.jpg
They're not even the same scale... I just wonder how big it is compared to the Mustang.

They're not even the same scale... I just wonder how big it is compared to the Mustang.
I believe the Mustang is the same size as the 911, with the 911 being only slightly taller. I may get the Mustang soon, suppose I'll find out.

I saw a video where they had them side by side. I think the 911 is slightly longer. In real life I think the Mustang is bigger, so the scale of the 911 is even bigger than the Mustang.

I saw a video where they had them side by side. I think the 911 is slightly longer. In real life I think the Mustang is bigger, so the scale of the 911 is even bigger than the Mustang.

Yes, the Porsche is slightly larger in scale than the Mustang. My creator Mini Cooper is in bits at the moment but i feel it will scale well next to the Porsche. I'm gutted i never picked up the F40 when it came out though. I still would really like one, but since it's been discontinued i can image the price of acquiring one is quite high.

@SPhilli911 It's really cool that your dad has now got quite the bug for Lego. That Volvo dump truck looks like a beast of a technic set!
The Targa Porsche looks so damn good too! 👍 My partner was not very happy after i dismantled her build of it though. :lol:

Finally got a few parts to start my first phase of modification to the Porsche. Though I've only just realised i forgot to swap out a 2X1 black curve piece for white, (will fix it when i make my next modification).
I'm planning on going a slightly larger diameter rear wheel that's also going to be wider, along with a different rear wing to give it an RS R look. Though at the same time i'm tempted to try a 934 2.5.
Also i'm leaning towards the grey wheel covers rather the the pearlescent gold.

Last edited:
I love the fact that you can build two different models with the 911 set.

@Nessy I also wish I'd bought an F40 when I saw them in the shops. That said, the first (and maybe only) time I ever actually saw one on sale was when I was in Manhattan on a 4-day bender sightseeing trip, and hence I didn't buy it.

I may have to get the 911 for my self nephew for my his Xmas.

@SPhilli911 It's really cool that your dad has now got quite the bug for Lego. That Volvo dump truck looks like a beast of a technic set!
The Targa Porsche looks so damn good too! 👍 My partner was not very happy after i dismantled her build of it though. :lol:

Finally got a few parts to start my first phase of modification to the Porsche. Though I've only just realised i forgot to swap out a 2X1 black curve piece for white, (will fix it when i make my next modification).
I'm planning on going a slightly larger diameter rear wheel that's also going to be wider, along with a different rear wing to give it an RS R look. Though at the same time i'm tempted to try a 934 2.5.
Also i'm leaning towards the grey wheel covers rather the the pearlescent gold.
Looks great! Wheels maybe a little large, but nice job on the front bumper.

Yeah, my dad is having a blast. He's retired and especially bored in the winter season during the pandemic so Lego was the answer. Despite having 4 kids growing up with Lego, he never paid attention to it until now. He likes the large sets the most and really only Technic and it's a good deal for me because I get them at a discount. :cool:

Built the Turbo today, it's absolutely wonderful. They really nailed the shape of the 911.

Looks like there is an error in the instructions for the Turbo, did anyone else notice this? Page195, step 12, sub-step 2. The window piece with the decal is placed in the wrong position on the right when it should be on the left. Hard to see in the picture, but if you look close you can even see the correct piece placed where it needed to be on the left.

50976650836_db974eb4e8_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love the fact that you can build two different models with the 911 set.

@Nessy I also wish I'd bought an F40 when I saw them in the shops. That said, the first (and maybe only) time I ever actually saw one on sale was when I was in Manhattan on a 4-day bender sightseeing trip, and hence I didn't buy it.

Yes indeed, wise choice. 👍 Spending money on keeping oneself sensibly hydrated, takes priority over Lego :lol:

I may have to get the 911 for my self nephew for my his Xmas.
Do it! I reckon that's exactly what he would like for Xmas. And if he doesn't, I'm sure you'd be able to make space on your shelf for the unwanted gift. :D

[Edit]
@SPhilli911
Yes i see what you mean about them being too large (wheel discs). I'm still working on the modification in Stud.i0, but i'm hoping the larger diameter rear wheel will offset the look of it a bit. It does require a complete rebuild of the rear arch and subframe though, which i'm not really looking forward to, but hopefully i'll be able to crack it.
I would go larger diameter on the front as well, but then steering would present an issue.

And yes, i noticed the error in the construction booklet as well. Luckily it's not too much of an error though.

Last edited:
Looks like there is an error in the instructions for the Turbo, did anyone else notice this? Page195, step 12, sub-step 2. The window piece with the decal is placed in the wrong position on the right when it should be on the left. Hard to see in the picture, but if you look close you can even see the correct piece placed where it needed to be on the left.

I think I've seen it mentioned in some review. Either the Brickset one or the Brothers Brick one.

I think I've seen it mentioned in some review. Either the Brickset one or the Brothers Brick one.
Not the end of the world, but it's the second mistake I've seen in a set's instructions recently, the first being in the Haunted House (10273).

In other news, my dad felt the need to text me at 11PM last night to tell me the Mclaren fits in the back of the Volvo 6x6 :lol:.
I think he is building these too quickly and will burn himself out. He picked up the Ducati motorcycle, too.

50979185597_8622102201_b.jpg

I have wanted to ask this many times but never did. I'm going to ask it now though.

Do all of you "make your lego models kaputt" and rebuild them or is it a one-time building process and move on to the next Lego model?

Last edited:
I have wanted to ask this many times but never did. I'm going to ask it now though.

Do all of you "make your lego models kaputt" and rebuild them or is it a one-time building process and move on to the next Lego model?
After I build a set, I usually take it apart maybe a week later to store them because I don't have the room for them all built and I don't want to deal with dust. And sometimes, if I am bored, I rebuild some of the older sets I have. I don't sell any Lego and will eventually build everything again.

I likely would not buy a set if I thought it would be a one time build kinda thing.

After I build a set, I usually take it apart maybe a week later to store them because I don't have the room for them all built and I don't want to deal with dust. And sometimes, if I am bored, I rebuild some of the older sets I have. I don't sell any Lego and will eventually build everything again.

I likely would not buy a set if I thought it would be a one time build kinda thing.
That's what I would do if I was into Lego.

Back