Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
Got the Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari 512 Speed Champions. Also, built this monster of a set...

51926807589_f454b4d247_c.jpg

Last edited:
It's 2x VIP points this weekend, and I ordered the Countach, 512, Astons, and the Jesko. The Technic McLaren F1 and the Speed Champions Mercedes were out of stock unfortunately. I guess the McLaren will have to wait until the next 2x points. The Mercedes I'll just buy when it's back in stock since it's not worth that many points anyway. I would be sad if I actually cared about the Jane Goodall set, since my order wasn't enough to qualify for it.

I've been told I have at least 6 Lego sets for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Kinda stoked 😁

I've been making the most noises about the Vespa and FIAT 500, so fingers crossed. Also requested the Aston set above.

Last edited:
I went to my local lego store about 10 min before it opened today only to find the line at the mall was MASSIVE for the new BTTF set. Like 100 people at least! So I promptly went home and bought one one fleabay :lol:

Seriously though, this line was far longer than when the new Falcon set came out. Lego underestimated this set big time.

Jerome

Last edited:
I'm currently in the process of building the Valkyrie. I like the Vantage because it goes with my other GT3 cars.

EDIT: I finished the Valkyrie. I must say I'm not a big fan of it. The proportions look weird because it is too long. It looks ridiculously long next to the Jesko, but it's only about 8 inches longer in real life. And I also didn't really enjoy the build process, as there were too many single stud connections. I like the Vantage much better.

I should be getting the Mercedes One sometime next week. I'm interested to see how that model compares to the Jesko and Valkyrie. I think the the Jesko looks quite nice, but the Valkyrie not so much.

The Technic McLaren F1, Back to the Future Delorean, and Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter will have to wait until next 2x points.

Last edited:
I finished building the Mercedes AMG One and the W13. The AMG One is looks pretty decent. It has nice proportions, much better than the Valkyrie. I really like the W13 though. It looks very impressive. The proportions are all pretty spot on. I think it seriously looks really really good.

VXR
My birthday was as good as expected, especially as I got the AMG set instead of the Aston one.
Oh, that's interesting. I didn't realize they did a blue variation of the Fiat. Looks great.

VXR
My birthday was as good as expected, especially as I got the AMG set instead of the Aston one.

View attachment 1139056View attachment 1139057

Already built the Fender and Lotus, so about to toss a coin on whether I do the 500 or Vespa first.
All of these are great sets, enjoy the builds! I just built the (yellow) Fiat 500 myself.

Took many months, but I finally completed the 4 largest Technic machinery sets.
technicmachines.jpg

Got some new stuff. Not even a Harry Potter fan, really, just wanted to build something large:
recents.jpg

And I am running out of space... my brother and I have kinda let things get out of hand with buying Lego.
NoRoom.jpg

Last edited:
All of these are great sets, enjoy the builds! I just built the (yellow) Fiat 500 myself.

Took many months, but I finally completed the 4 largest Technic machinery sets.
View attachment 1139945

Got some new stuff. Not even a Harry Potter fan, really, just wanted to build something large:
View attachment 1139946

And I am running out of space... my brother and I have kinda let things get out of hand with buying Lego.
View attachment 1139947
I have that problem too.

Finished the xingbao 03032. Not the best ecperience. The bricks do not have that perfect lego fit. Front suspension is too weak.

Nice display model.
If the same design was built from genuine Lego bricks, do you think it would be better, or is the design and construction the problem? Or both the design and the bricks?

Roo
If the same design was built from genuine Lego bricks, do you think it would be better, or is the design and construction the problem? Or both the design and the bricks?
That's hard to tell. If they used heavier springs (if available) then it would be OK.

I think it is worth the money though. It looks pretty nice. But it is not something like Lego's own models.

I have legit waiting my whole life for this. Ever since I was 7 years old, I wanted to build Optimus Prime out of Legos. Sure there are user-based set plans out there, but there never 'just right'. Finally, I get my wish, 35 years later :lol: I'm gonna buy one to keep in the box and one to build of course :P

Lego Optimus Prime!

Jerome

I have legit waiting my whole life for this. Ever since I was 7 years old, I wanted to build Optimus Prime out of Legos. Sure there are user-based set plans out there, but there never 'just right'. Finally, I get my wish, 35 years later :lol: I'm gonna buy one to keep in the box and one to build of course :P

Lego Optimus Prime!

Jerome
Seriously impressive what Lego is releasing these days. First glance the Optimus Prime doesn't even look like Lego, yet it is and it actually transforms.

Lego Optimus Prime!

Jerome
Damn, and there was me thinking I wasn’t going to spend much money next month… ok where is that talk me down thread again 😂😂

1/8 scale Ferrari SP3 officially revealed and available June 1...Link to Lego

Looks very good and will look great with the other three 1/8 supercars. Looks like they improved the look of the wheels/ tires, too. I didn't expect it to launch so soon, but I will pick it up June 1.

legosp3.png

Last edited:
1/8 scale Ferrari SP3 officially revealed and available June 1...Link to Lego

Looks very good and will look great with the other three 1/8 supercars. Looks like they improved the look of the wheels/ tires, too. I didn't expect it to launch so soon, but I will pick it up June 1.

View attachment 1153486
1/8th scale so it's the same size as the Chiron, Lambo and Porsche? If so, I'll just pick that up with my Optimus Prime :lol:

Jerome

Back