Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,383 comments
I may be in the minority here, but the stickers don't bother me that much.

I don't mind too much if there's just a few. Just have never been too good at applying them. :lol:
And my meaty weight lifter paws have glove size XL. :scared:
andre-beer-hand.jpg

:P :lol:

Holy crap, isn't that the hand of Andrè the Giant? :dopey:

Yes it is. :lol:

Also, the Huracan is going to be in a set with the Lambo Urus.

Lamborghini-Hurac%C3%A1n-Super-Trofeo-EVO-Urus-ST-X-76899.jpg

Was hoping that it would be a single release. Not really digging the Urus. Pass.

Every time I see that Lamborghini all I see is the Ford GT test car from Gran Turismo.

I'm also massively disappointed by the GT-R. On paper a Lego GT-R should have been my perfect set, but I just don't know if I can get over the looks. The front lights could have been clear pieces and the rear lights should have been stickers on a curved slope (rather than the floating array which looks more like the 2020 concept or GT-R50).

Every time I see that Lamborghini all I see is the Ford GT test car from Gran Turismo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I finished building some lego lighsabers sans the deadly light part, but still cool nonetheless. Some really great builders on Rebrickable. I'll post some pics soon.

Jerome

Looks like the new Speed Champions are out. At least on the Lego website, but haven't seen any signs of them in retail stores.

Went out to a few retro game stores. Some of them would sell old action figures, but little did I expect to find Bionicles. I owned the original set, but I'm sure my parents got rid of them when my brother and I got older. Was tempted to buy the original 6, but they were $20 each.
81713968_10221835296250965_6209507706164740096_o.jpg

Looks like the new Speed Champions are out. At least on the Lego website, but haven't seen any signs of them in retail stores.
I got the Audi S1 on Amazon, it's in my mailbox at home delivered today. It was supposed to arrive at the end of January (according to the website), but it was shipped early for whatever reason, so maybe they will be on physical store shelves soon.

Very nice.

I picked up the GT-R not long ago. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the widened out Speed Champs cars, but they are really quite nice.

Finally got around to building the Mustang.

And there's a gear wheel that allows you to raise the rear suspension and they give you the bits to do this.

Quite an impressive build overall, although it could do with bigger wheels when the rear is raised.
I really want to buy this kit but I'm struggling to justify the cost... $200 is pretty steep for a Lego car. The F40 was cheaper...

Has anyone bought one of the 'Lego' kits from Wish? What are they like? I've spotted this which looks like fun...

https://www.wish.com/search/lego /product/5d36ba1fe4b0342433afaea8?&source=search&position=9

So I took the plunge and bought one of these. I'll be honest with you I wasn't expecting much but it was just as good a quality. The instruction manual is just as good as the real thing, it's just a few of the tiles being a bit tight. No missing pieces, well worth the money, and I've got a Mustang on the way.

Pics up later!

Was feeling low the other night so went for a drive and wound up at a late night supermarket, so bought what any self respecting 31 year old male would buy when they're feeling sad...

153097A3-F79F-415C-8269-1A622DEF6987.jpeg

Despite my initial dislike of the promo images I still couldn't pass up the chance to own a officially licensed Lego GT-R.

It's slightly better looking in the flesh, though I still feel like the placement of the headlights is a little off and I actually wish they'd used curved plates and stickers for the taillights, but it has some really clever tricks up its sleeve and the build was fun.

It also has a load of questionable brick choices were you're often using two smaller bricks where a single larger one would do which feels like they were chasing a parts count.

I also found at least two mistakes in the instruction book (though I did once read that Lego sometimes does this deliberately to 'test' children). I also chose to rotate the red corner bricks on the front grill as this looks more accurate to the real car.

Way too many stickers for my liking but I guess that's Lego these days, just hard when you have big adult hands.

847798BE-51FB-40CF-AD0D-8745F8A52456.jpeg

Will likely pick up the S1 when I have a chance as the larger scale is certainly satisfying.

Finally got around to building the Mustang.

And there's a gear wheel that allows you to raise the rear suspension and they give you the bits to do this.

Quite an impressive build overall, although it could do with bigger wheels when the rear is raised.
My friend Sally got one of these for Xmas - now we call her 'Lego Ford Woman'.

Latest Posts

Back