Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
After seeing michael88's post about the Lego Digital Designer, I immediately scurried off to download it. So, halfway done with my Ferrari F1, I noticed that they don't favor technic pieces... Which basically consisted of 25%+ of the actual build. I'm now stuck with a F1 front end. Needs DLC... :grumpy:

This weekend there just happens to be two major LEGO fan exhibitions going on in Swindon UK and Seattle WA.

Oh man, why didn't I know about the Seattle show this weekend? I don't really build Legos anymore, but I'm always amazed at the things that people dream up with these little blocks.

Oh wow, that super car set looks absolutely amazing! Really makes me want to buy it for myself

Did you guys know that there are 3 lego figurines on their way to Jupiter, on board the Juno spacecraft?

The spacecraft also carries three LEGO figurines representing Galileo, the Roman god Jupiter and his wife Juno. In Roman mythology, Jupiter drew a veil of clouds around himself to hide his mischief. From Mount Olympus, Juno was able to look into the clouds and reveal her husband's real nature. Juno holds a magnifying glass as a sign for searching for the truth and her husband holds a lightning bolt. The third LEGO crew member, Galileo Galilei, has his telescope with him on the journey.[23]

Although most LEGO toys are made of plastic, LEGO made these figures of aluminium to endure the extreme conditions of space flight.

800px-Juno_lego.jpg

Wiki

Wow GTP even has a lego forum.

I've had this Technic set for ages,

5998005958_191115a370.jpg

I probably haven't touched it for a few years, anyway yesterday I found a colony of ants had taken up residence inside the box.
I reckon it took me at least an hour, to get them and all their larva out of all the pieces.
On the plus side, it has inspired me to remake the model, even if just to make sure I still have all the pieces.

Just got this "Cool Cruiser" set, primarily for the F1-alike model though.

CoolCruiserCreatorLego5767.jpg

231271055alt2

I love Lego. I build cars out of Lego all the time. I built my version of a C7 Corvette, and I built a car out of an RCX. You can actually drive it, not unlike a remote control car with wires instead of radio waves.

Nice images! That made me want to buy a set of logo blocks again to play in my spare time though I'm no more at an age of building with logo that seriously... :lol:

Actually I used to entertain myself asssembling something with pieces of joint blocks wielding full of my imagination, but littered them as soon as I found the pieces no longer necessary for me since I took it for granted that it was just a play for kids at their inquisitive age. :rolleyes:

So, as the school year approaches the shelves at my work have been getting filled with all the "back to school" stock, including Lego branded stationary! Pens, pencils, erasers and even backpacks! I'm so tempted... just now that I'm out of school I would never use them. :(

LEGO-Stationery-Art-Carousel.jpg

lego_back_pack_00452a9b.jpg

Oh my God. Me wanty. I wonder if I can find some cheap Lego office supplies in China. My desk could do with some new bits and bobs.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just spotted it on another forum I belong to:

http://ldd.lego.com/

Lego Digital Designer is now very good. >99% of te bricks are in there, so you can build just about anything. Eurobricks have libraries of normal kits you can download for ideas.

As for me, this is the first version of my copy of Larry Lars' Aliens APC.

6776796785_a2a84885f7_z.jpg

Look here for another photo of the inside.

Because I had to buy a fair few bricks to get the right parts for the APC build, I've kinda got back into LEGO. So... I have bought a few sets at good prices and have begun to break sets and trade in both bricks an sets. If you are in the UK (or are willing to pay postage!) and want LEGO bricks or sets, you could ask me first. I'm sure advertising isn't technically (no pun intended) allowed, so I probably shouldn't have said that.

Anyhow, I buy Star Wars sets to sell and break, there is a good trade in minifigures, and I am basically collecting bricks to make an Aliens dropship to match the APC. This may take a while!

daan> I have a couple of these in stock...
5893-1.jpg

Alright, here's something some of you might be interested in. It's not a Lego set; I designed and built it myself. I haven't done the programming yet so that I can actually drive it, but all the hardware is done. Enjoy:

7167538871_a50df34042_b.jpg

7167537969_71182efce6_b.jpg

7352747662_34f56fc48e_b.jpg

7352747098_05e8891fc8_b.jpg

7167536393_fc733c1e11_b.jpg

7352410708_b19784141c_b.jpg

7352412516_2854e2aa68_b.jpg

7167199747_27552ea862_b.jpg

And:
steering.gif

EDIT: some more professional photos:
IMG_20120615_144553.jpg

IMG_20120615_144813.jpg

IMG_20120615_145014.jpg

IMG_20120615_145053.jpg

IMG_20120615_145120.jpg

IMG_20120615_145514.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Id bring the Lego thread back to the front page by posting some pics of my latest purchase.

6913-01 by commodoreben, on Flickr

6913-02 by commodoreben, on Flickr

6913-03 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I only built the roadster. I have hundreds of Lego sets from the Taj Mahal right down to the smallest sets. I also brought 3 Architecture sets when I got the roadster. I got the Burj Khalifa, Brandenburg Gate and The White House. Pics will come once they are built.

Oh god, I just had a massive blast from the past upon entering this thread :dopey:

I used to love LEGO as a kid and I had so friggin' much LEGO, you wouldn't even believe it. Found a '93 LEGO catalogue and found about a dozen sets I've had as a kid. Just an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia, really. Too bad my father kept all my LEGO stuff when he kicked me out and sold it on. :grumpy:

Anyways, after seeing this thread, I immediately remembered a few specific sets that I always wanted as a kit, but kinda never got ahold off... Those were the "Model Team" sets from the late 1980s and early to mid 1990s. And I hereby vow that I shall own (some) of them within a few years! And I also shall re-aqcuire some of the sets that I remember owning as a kid!

I can't believe I've forgotten all about LEGO. Easily one of the best memories of my childhood.

/edit: One of the sets in question:
5571_brickset.jpg

Wow GTP even has a lego forum.

I've had this Technic set for ages,
I still remember getting that exact same set as a christmas gift when I was a kid :D

Last edited:
Oh no. I've found this thread.

I'll post up some of the old sets I have another time (most likely from brickset.com's exhaustive instruction collection), but for now:

201202021826241c3.jpg

A limited edition Lego Moleskine the girlfriend got me for my birthday, large enough to use as my main sketchbook. She also grabbed a small container of random pieces from the local Lego store, since all of mine are still in storage. We're also seriously considering picking up the Camper Van set as a main attraction for the new apartment.

Last edited:
^Just looked up the VW camper van set and it looks amazing :drool: Shame its £80 else I'd buy it no questions asked!

I remember playing with these in second grade, all the boys and myself would make "ships" and go around shooting at each others (hitting them with our hands) to try and get them to blow up (fall on the ground and smash) or have peices break off lol

I don't have much contribution to this thread, but I still remember making a tiny F1 out from some Legos and a picture found using Yahoo :D
I also remember building a police station, and putting it into my parents' bedroom :lol:
I still keep my Lego sets nowadays :D

I've got these two assembled right now.

Combine Tractor: 8274-1
8274-1.jpg

Tractor: 8284
lego-technic-8284-tractor.jpg

These expensive technic sets are the only ones that I probably won't be giving them to my kid, at least not for a while.

I've got a bunch of other smaller sets... I'll see if I can find the books for them.

Ah, yes. kits 8353, 8137, 8139, 8140 and 8141. Those were nice inexpensive kits were quick to build and fun to ram into each other. I really enjoyed the fact that these kits had instructions on what you could build if you mixed them.

Edit: Just checked out prices on Amazon for the two pictured kits... holy wow!! Over $400usd for the two kits combined... I'm fairly sure that I didn't pay much more than $80 for each of those between 5-6 years ago.

Edit 2: Holy wow again! Just looked at the prices for the "inexpensive" kits that I used to buy, and while one of them is listed at ~$8, the others range from $20 all the way up to over $85... wow.

Last edited:
We got my dad this Unimog for his last birthday:

8110-1.jpg

I'd rather have assembled it myself to be honest :lol:

As for my own lego, I don't think I have 1 assembled set. They would last for like 2 weeks after purchase before I used the bricks to build other stuff.

Man! After looking in this thread, it's gonna make me get back into Legos soon.

Alot of memories with my Legos when I was a kid also! Building cities and roads for my cars. Building lego ships and playing pirates, tearing up the other ship when it is sinking. Knocking down the towers I created and pretending it's an earthquake lol.

Great times right there :dopey:!

Back