Let the speculation begin: Insider teasing from Amar212

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costs a mil so I will save cash and get it when the servers are back , have over 90 mercs Vgt to sell too but if its free I'll wait

I think it's likely that the process is for encrypting the files on your PS3 so that people will have a harder time trying them out in advance with modded PS3s.
This being said, this is yet another underwhelming patch in my opinion, which doesn't fix what's broken, doesn't add what was promised.

Any reason for thinking that is likely?
If Senna content is already in in the patch, then encrypting it will slow down the "hacking" process.
Sony/PD probably want people to use/see that at the right time, not in advance.

If Senna content is already in in the patch, then encrypting it will slow down the "hacking" process.
Sony/PD probably want people to use/see that at the right time, not in advance.

But why is that more likely than PD compressing the files for internet transfer and having to decompress them to install, or one of the many other much more plausible things this could be? Also, why would they have to decrypt or encrypt when they could just transfer them in that state to begin with?

But why is that more likely than PD compressing the files for internet transfer and having to decompress them to install, or one of the many other much more plausible things this could be?
It's weird that this happens inside the game rather than outside. It means that more processing is needed than merely decompressing new files and overwriting new ones, which already happens after patches are downloaded in the XMB menu.

Also, why would they have to decrypt or encrypt when they could just transfer them in that state to begin with?
In that way files could be encrypted differently in every PS3, making the decoding/"hacking" work much harder.

Anyway, I'm just speculating after all, not saying this is what happened.

I installed the patch, then the other hotfix update. Restarted the game and had another small update. Just a heads up for everyone :)

Edit: it takes Senna tribute away and brings back gt academy and BMW VGT seasonal event.

Last edited:
Install phase 2:

Approx 20 mins left...

Approx 30 mins left...

Approx 60 mins left...

WTF? This is an install of a known size, not a download, surely they should be able to make some sort of stable approximation of install time?
eventually.jpg

Anyway, I'm just speculating after all, not saying this is what happened.

Well you said it was likely which means you have reason to believe all other explanations are less likely... Sorry to pick on you individually (this is more about others who haunt here really) but the level of discourse on these forums irritates me. People make all sorts of wild claims without having a single shred of evidence for them. That is fine if you wish to present your theory but you can't say its likely without solid evidence.

Anyway there are all sorts of reasons why an ingame install might also need to take place. For example if game databases need to be updated you can't just replace files, you'd need to run code.

Like my post on the Maintenance thread:

I will try some decode, just a guess:

The maintenance is coming.
Tomorrow Maintenance

Some beautiful non-existant presents are a bit late, but it is better to get them after, than getting them never.
BMW and Subaru VGT? Zahara track they shown in February?

And tides will change.
End of GT5 life will bring more power to GT6 development.

And voices will be heard in the unimaginable fashion.
In a near future: New Engine sounds? Like the ones on RB Junior?

And in the very near future, the shapes will become forms.
Course Maker.

It starts with this maintenance and it will continue to evolve. Progress and evolution are inevitable laws of nature that can only be postponed, never stopped.
They'll start implementing those changes with this update.
Oh I really, no, really, really, REALLY hope you're right :bowdown:

Anyway there are all sorts of reasons why an ingame install might also need to take place. For example if game databases need to be updated you can't just replace files, you'd need to run code.

Exactly.

- When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.
Is that the "significant development unprecedented in the series history"?

- When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.
Is that the "significant development unprecedented in the series history"?
I also would like to know if the "significant development unprecedented in the series history" has been delivered or @amar212 was talking about something else.... :D

At nearly 1GB, the download is way too big to be just this newly unlocked content. Like has been said before, there is probably more content in there.

I think the lengthy in-game installation is part of the unknown future content. Being as lengthy as it is though, it is my guess that PD changed something significant in the core files of the game, which may not be obvious yet. Could be a new way of dealing with the hacking that's been going on (which, as I have argued in another post some time back, would be very important for the promised online community features).

Well that's a letdown, bet the huge size will be attributed to the Senna Content. Or should we expect another update @amar212

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back