Lewis Hamilton challenge - which club are you in?

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 178 comments

Which club are you in?

• Noob here - haven't even bronzed them all

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • All-bronze

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • All-silver

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • All-gold

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Pfft that was easy - All-diamond baby!

Votes: 61 24.8%

• Total voters
Congrats on the gold..... my silvers are between 1 and 2 seconds off gold but goodness knows where they get the time from! I've raced to a sweat and still can't do it!!!
Thank you. The bad thing is, I have several that are close to gold, half second or less, but can't improve enough to get it there. Before too long my hands start hurting, and have to call it quits.

I absolutely hate grinding (I never do more than 10 laps) plus the car is an understeering POS so I only got golds except for Nordschleife. That was by far the easiest diamond in this challenge. Only took 2 laps (gold on the 1st and diamond on the 2nd). Lewis is really slow there. It's like he was on the phone while doing it or something. I doubt very much that this is the best he can do there.

I don't know if that's 100% true but he did set those times a long time ago so it probably is. If it is then it makes the challenge completely unfair and pointless tbh. Unless this DLC has different physics to the rest of the game (the same as when he did it). Don't know, haven't tried. But I doubt it.
The Mercedes understeers like a truck for us, and it doesn't seem to for him. Others have noticed this also. I think Kie25 mentioned it too, in his diamond live run.

The Mercedes understeers like a truck for us, and it doesn't seem to for him. Others have noticed this also. I think Kie25 mentioned it too, in his diamond live run.

Given the same conditions, I'm sure the aliens would slaughter his lap times and make him look pretty ordinary at GTS. Not a good look for the game's ambassador and F1 world champ so we have to beat his time with remoulds on.

Bought it yesterday after a long period of denial :) Decided it is a good challenge between races or in case of bad weekly races. I'm determined to get diamonds on everything but we will see. So far managed to get diamond on Dragon Trail, beating the time with only 0.040, however did 2 laps that were slower with 0.030 so I knew I had the speed - just needed to "connect" the sectors. Took me ~2 hours - I would have given a better time but since the suspension is really stiff I tend to be a bit more careful on the chicane of death. And last but not least - it is definitely a good training on track knowledge, braking points/turning points, etc. - not really sure what my GR3 times were on Dragon trail but I'm 100% sure that I was not hitting low 37 / high 36 which I managed to start doing constantly now.

Zero time in this, haven’t even purchased the DLC. I may try it out just for the CR and higher cap but like others, I’m not much on TT’s.

6 diamond and 4 gold (I think), literally just got diamond at Suzuka. But every now and then I like to use it as a break from racing and seeing how fast I can get the gold time on all tracks in one session (rather than try to nail diamond on a particular track). Nordschleife is the easiest I think, considering I'm not a super aficionado of the 'ring and I tend to diamond that one first attempt.

It's no surprise that the tracks I've tended to avoid though are the ones I can't* diamond

*I will eventually! :D

Gave up on it. Waste of time and money especially with the understeery AMG GT3.

Got 3 gold, but only one silver on Willow Springs and then gave up.

Last edited:
Sounds like you expected it to be easy instead of a challenge.
Come on, put some effort into it, you can do it!

I wasn’t aiming for the Diamonds really. I’m aiming for the Credit cap reward by achieving all gold.

Maybe if I get a better wheel I’ll continue that. For now, that DLC is on hold for me.

7D 3G, conquered the mountain :D

Gave up on it. Waste of time and money especially with the understeery AMG GT3.

Got 3 gold, but only one silver on Willow Springs and then gave up.
Willow Springs is a nightmare, most see it as the toughest to get diamond and the gold time is only about 0.7s slower so you don't have much to play with. Don't let it put you off, get through that one and you'll do the rest 👍

I'm struggling with the diamond on Lago Maggiore. The last sector is what's killing me, Hamilton seems to fly through there, so far managed to get 1.55.7 but those 0.4 in addition are going to be extremely hard.

edit: Okay, just hit 1.55.490 and I'm a bit frustrated :D I'm getting there!

Last edited:
Got 'All Gold' yesterday - whether or not I can add to my solitary Diamond at Monza is another matter...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200410171647.png

On DS4 - 5 Gold/5 Diamond. Each diamond so far has taken me a good 2-3 hours to really learn the track. I find I have to frame the time spent as practice, like you would on a race weekend, and not compare myself to the aliens who can one shot it. Otherwise it's so easy to get frustrated at having to retry constantly.

You're missing out on the best and most rewarding track in the game, dude

Even though it's the easiest in terms of Hamilton's outright pace, getting Diamond on the Nordschleife has been by far the most rewarding experience thus far. Genuine sense of elation at the end - that one took closer to 5 hours with trying to learn the track.

Not looking forward to the diamond run on Willow though, I can already sense the impending hair-pulling, trying to find those extra couple of tenths...

Lago Maggiore
Lewis' time - 1.55.455
My time - 1.55.490

Interlagos
Lewis' time - 1.30.923
my time - 1.30.934 / edit beat my time to .927 ...... / edit 2 - beat him with 0.040 finally

feels like his times are my exact limit pushed to the max but it is really frustrating ...

Last edited:
Okay, so far :
Dragon Trail Seaside - diamond - fairly easy, but if you start with this track you will find it hard to drive the car at the beginning

Lago Maggiore - diamond (by far the hardest for me, took me really a lot of time, ~5-6 hours maybe )

Monza - diamond - this one is probably the easiest

Interlagos - diamond - that's my strongest track, I was expecting to be done with it in a matter of minutes but took me an hour, hour and a half probably to get it right

Brands Hatch - diamond - was expecting to be really really hard especially, when i watched some really good players on it, but took me probably an hour, hour and a half, but again most of the people didn't have problems with Lago Maggiore while I was beating my head there.

What's left (haven't tried them, usually I stick to a track until I get a diamond)

Willow Springs - haven't tried it yet, but I see lots of people consider it as the hardest - I think I'm fairly good at it, but we will see.

Suzuka - I like the track, hopefully will not have lots of problems there

Bathurst - this one I almost haven't played on, so don't know what to expect here

Nurburgring GP - I'm really bad at this track, so expect some time to get things right

Nordschleife - don't know what to expect here, really :)

I find this DLC a really good training for my lines - so far I've improved a lot on all the tracks I've diamond already, let's see if I'm going to be able to diamond the rest ...

1 gold and that’s it, hit max credits. Have every car so far and am waiting for new cars to buy, but it seems they aren’t coming any more. Pretty sure I won’t be able to get gold in all of them, but should be able to get a few more if they make more content to spend credits on.

50/50 club.

All 10 LH challenges in different replay views. 5 golds/5 diamonds.

1. Brands Hatch: Difficulty level is: 8/10. My gold time: 1.23.402. LH time: 1.22.965
2. Mount Panorama: Difficulty level is: 8/10. My gold time: 02.02.574. LH time: 02.01.477
3. Nürburgring GP: Difficulty level is: 9/10. My gold time: 1.56.466. LH time: 1.55.368
4. Suzuka: Difficulty level is: 10/10. My gold time: 1.59.833. LH time: 1.58.508
5. Willow Springs: Difficulty level is: 10/10. Hardest challenge of all. My gold time: 1.11.985. LH time: 1.11.308
6. Monza: Difficulty level: 2/10. My diamond time: 1.46.965. LH time: 1.46.972. The easiest of all 10 challenges no doubt.
7. Lake Maggiore: Difficulty level is: 7/10. My diamond time: 1.55.448. LH time: 1.55.455
8. Interlagos: Difficulty level is: 8/10. My diamond time: 1.30.855. LH time: 1.30.923. Important tip for this challenge especially: Put ABS on weak. It made all the difference for me and only that way was I capable of beating his time.
9. Dragon Trail: Difficulty level is: 8/10. My diamond time: 1.37.023. LH time: 1.37.094
10. Nordschleife: Difficulty level is: 4/10. My diamond time: 5.39.531. LH time: 5.40.622

Back