Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

Yeah, I might be being a little impatient seeing as the update has only been out for an hour or so but what is the special Project 44 car? I’m only buying this once someone figures out what that means.

And? What difference does it make if the developer (or rather, the publisher, considering that's where most of these things come from) charges for post launch content? Why is it that Polyphony gets a pass for offering something that 99% of developers would have added in a patch, in a paid DLC? Especially when one considers just how utterly ass the game's economy is, with said raising of the credit ceiling being somewhat of a help, especially with the fact that the amount of 20,000,000 cars has risen to the point where it's an issue?

The amount of hoops that I've seen to defend Polyphony's frankly asinine reasoning for unpopular moves, from adding micro-transactions to the game when they said they wouldn't, to making something that should be in a patch as a reward in a piece of paid time trial showcases, is getting to be way too much. But then again, this forum has always put Polyphony on a pedestal, typical considering the name of the forum. But it's gotten excessive nowadays.

It’s just a cup of coffee, bro.

So what are the car prizes for beating these time trials? I want to know if it's worth the 8 bucks
I would try and find out, but apparently the game isn't recognizing that people have downloaded the DLC, myself included. Can't say I'm surprised by this issue. :lol:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Edit: It might have to do with the fact that the servers are still down. Once they're back up I'll see if the DLC works or not for me.

Last edited:
I bought it, for $12 I could not resist.

These times are not unbeatable. The Willow Springs time has already been beaten.

Pretty cool DLC. 500k credits for Gold, 1 million if you beat LH's lap time. Will pay for itself if you are quick enough.

Here in Brazil it costs about BRL 24,95, not so cheap. Gonna wait the next posts to see if it is really worth the price.

Maintenance / update is 6am where I live. It's when I get up ... leave home and go to work :irked:. It's killing me time and time again having to wait for 13h+ to have a go at it :grumpy:. And this time feels harder than ever when guys like @Doodle and @khkenni possibly will leak the special prize car before I even have installed the new patch :banghead: !

A few people have already beat all of Hamilton's times. Here are the prize cars for anyone who's curious. I haven't got all diamonds yet. Did about half of them tonight but I should really sleep now. :lol:

If you're not at an A+ driver rating, you're gonna need a lot of practice to beat his times. Especially on tracks like Brands Hatch and Willow Springs. I think you'll actually need to be at a near "alien" level to beat Willow Springs if I'm gonna be honest. His times were set on an older tire model so he has a slight grip advantage. I'm like 99% sure the car is completely stock, no BoP, with Racing Hard tires.

I can buy this dlc on one account and use it on all accounts right?

Let us know if you can use the DLC between multiple accounts please. I’ve for a US and U.K. account and it would be easier to buy it from the U.K. store but my current main account is the US one..

Dragon Trail #1 already 1:36.250 vs Lewis 1:37.094.

As a fantasy track Lewis is the underdog here, but theres propably a lot of exploits here. Sadly the top times have no replay available. Nor can you see your ranking world wide which is a bummer..

I did get 1:37.7 fairly easily, so there is propably room for improvement in Lewis's time.

Dragon Trail #1 already 1:36.250 vs Lewis 1:37.094.

As a fantasy track Lewis is the underdog here, but theres propably a lot of exploits here. Sadly the top times have no replay available.
I'm at 1:37.083 for Dragon Trail... optimal 1:36.7. He takes some of the turns a bit safely, so you can get a good run on him. T1-2, 4, 5 is where you can get a good run on him. If you take the first turn of the esses a bit slower, it'll set you up to go almost flat out through the rest of them.

The hairpin leading to the bus stop is where he will catch up to you if you take this turn wrong. Same applies for the final turn.

Now let's not get started with Lago Maggiore... that one had me fuming. :lol:

A few people have already beat all of Hamilton's times. Here are the prize cars for anyone who's curious. I haven't got all diamonds yet. Did about half of them tonight but I should really sleep now. :lol:

If you're not at an A+ driver rating, you're gonna need a lot of practice to beat his times. Especially on tracks like Brands Hatch and Willow Springs. I think you'll actually need to be at a near "alien" level to beat Willow Springs if I'm gonna be honest. His times were set on an older tire model so he has a slight grip advantage. I'm like 99% sure the car is completely stock, no BoP, with Racing Hard tires.

I am not surprised the times are done before the hard change, i am glad i won't bother with this but i appreciate your review on it

Me as an average driver I am happy I golded the first. Still way off of the platinum time of Lewis. Back to practice.

That terrible chicane at Dragon is where I am loosing it every god damn time :banghead:

Last edited:
I mean... It's cool and stuff, but ~£7 for 4 cars and 4 million credits - considering that his times seem to be quite fast... Not sure if I'll sink the money in to it. Would have expected a few more tracks and perhaps something more than just a special livery for an existing car as the prize...

I mean... It's cool and stuff, but ~£7 for 4 cars and 4 million credits - considering that his times seem to be quite fast... Not sure if I'll sink the money in to it. Would have expected a few more tracks and perhaps something more than just a special livery for an existing car as the prize...
Actually you can get 100 milion if you do all the lewis time trial in diamond and 20m all gold.

So in some way it is high credits reward but still.

Having quite a bit of fun with it so far. Monza seems to be the "easiest". It's the only one I've beaten Lewis' time on and was over .5s up before messing up the parabolica. For some reason Lewis seems to be really slow out of the corners there.

The other tracks I'm having a little more trouble with :lol:

The driving tips videos, while a nice distraction are of basically no help. "Nordschleife is hard because it's long and has lots to remember. The trick is to remember it all." In fairness, that's about all the advice you can give without doing a half an hour video....

Last edited:
Actually you can get 100 milion if you do all the lewis time trial in diamond and 20m all gold.

So in some way it is high credits reward but still.
Ah, OK. I have misunderstood, then. I thought it was 1 million per time 'win'?

Ah, OK. I have misunderstood, then. I thought it was 1 million per time 'win'?
Yeah you still get credits for clearing a Lewis Time Trial so in the end it is big credit payout (even though it is a one time only)
Edit: and yes 1m more if you get diamond

Sooo, it's 8 million credits - if you're fast enough? Seems like a lot to spunk on the DLC just for that IMO

Back