Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

Paid DLC? Gotta cover the cost of using Hamilton's likeness!

In all seriousness though, I don't have a problem with paid DLC, but I'll be curious to see how this plays out and what else we get/can get.

Don't gonna pay 7€ for some time trials,sorry.

The day PD fixes the issues and bugs of the personalised online lobby's that are there since launch and some ported from GT6 back in 2013,then I will consider buy a DLC from them.

Would also better an DLC with a couple of tracks and some cars together with this LH time trials mode btw

I paid £15 for GTSport about 18 months ago, and after the amount of time I spend playing has quickly become one of the best value games I've ever paid for. I'm happy to pay £7 (or whatever this is) for something that looks interesting. I'm sure that chasing a seriously quick time will make me better at these tracks too.

It's not for everyone of course, and that's fine too. I get some of the frustration, and the method to increase the credit cap is a bit convaluted and does seem unnecessary.

Will happily pay £7 for the DLC.

Huge Fan of Lewis. Managed to get him to Sign My GTS Press Kit back in 2017 after his initial reveal of him being an Ambassador for GTS.

For anyone complaining about having to Pay for DLC really look at the fact we’ve had all this DLC for Free Including Tracks/Cars & Weather etc now when other Racing Games would have milked the hell out of one DLC Pack let alone one car.

I feel it’s owed to give back to the developers and support the added mode.

If it’s not of interest to you simply don’t buy it.

Attachments

• D0290855-4711-412C-9C60-65E478D1B6D4.jpeg
    D0290855-4711-412C-9C60-65E478D1B6D4.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 35
  • C8CA3B28-0C5F-4FC4-A5E7-3126440FA047.jpeg
    C8CA3B28-0C5F-4FC4-A5E7-3126440FA047.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 33
Paid DLC needs to be of exceptional high quality in some area for GTS. A few examples would be a few original staple tracks, or a few real world tracks, or a bunch of modern GT3/E cars, or a bunch of historic cars, etc. in order for it to be worth it. 10 time trials, one random car, and a credit cap limit extension is a garbage quality DLC for this game. Unless it is $0.99, it isn’t worth it at all. Either way, I’m disappointed PD didn’t commit to their message of no paid extra content.

You have to spend real money so you can have more fake money? Oh, and there are some time trials. Sure, I'll take it.

I think the cost of the DLC is not unreasonable, in the sense that if I were Lewis, I'd certainly want paying to spend the time trying to get really good at each track. They've also done the right thing in making it so that buying the DLC doesn't give you any advantage at all in sport mode races, unlike some other games, so there's no "pay to win" mechanics being introduced. So that's all fine, charging for something that will have cost a significant amount to provide, while avoiding "pay to win", great so far. But the increased credit limit cap - that costs them basically nothing at all to provide, so that's a case of creating an artificial problem that they can solve at no cost, then charging for the solution, and I find that pretty objectionable.

I think PD is trying to make some more money for all the efforts they've put in this game, I mean it has been 2 years of non-stop support so. They know that if they try to charge the cars, the community will go crazy and leave the game, it's just a subtle way to have more money.

Just as an experiment, I went out and attempted to beat the Brands Hatch time in Arcade mode (With the AMG not from my Garage).

View attachment 867939

Now granted I have no idea what tires those times for the time trail were set on (and these were done on racing softs) so that's abit iffy but considering the one for brands hatch is in the ballpark of actual pole from this year, seems like it's surprisingly not all that impossible to achieve. Makes this all the more questionable if you ask me. Gonna repeat this experiment on the others and try multiple compounds as well.
Time Trial Online has less grip than Arcade Time Trial.

The increased credit limit cap has to be one of the strangest rewards I've ever seen in a game.

"Here's an opportunity to be less impacted by our lazy design choices if you pay us and can jump through these hoops"

They never said that...

Depends if you believe paid DLC to be microtransactions or not. Yamauchi said there would be no microtransactions in the game (which was a lie) but I'm not sure i would class this as a microtransaction.

Last edited:
Huh? Deal with it? It awful when you pay for a dlc and have a hard time enjoying it because of the lack of other players.
Yea, that's also part of dealing with it. I bought all the Battlefield 4 DLC for all the maps and weapons and after a month they were never used. Essentially that's money lost but I still deal with it, just like those that never bought it in the first place.

Yea, that's also part of dealing with it. I bought all the Battlefield 4 DLC for all the maps and weapons and after a month they were never used. Essentially that's money lost but I still deal with it, just like those that never bought it in the first place.

Dealing with it is not splitting the player base, which is why more and more developers are moving away from that.

Back in forza 6 I bought the Nascar pack that came with a bunch of cars and Homestead. As a result I could only race on homestead in the nascar lobby which was pretty much dead after the first few weeks. It was not available in the other public lobbies since it was paid dlc. What a waste.

In Forza 5 the tracks came free so they were available in pretty much all the lobbies. That’s the way to do it.

Last edited:
Just as an experiment, I went out and attempted to beat the Brands Hatch time in Arcade mode (With the AMG not from my Garage).

View attachment 867939

Now granted I have no idea what tires those times for the time trail were set on (and these were done on racing softs) so that's abit iffy but considering the one for brands hatch is in the ballpark of actual pole from this year, seems like it's surprisingly not all that impossible to achieve. Makes this all the more questionable if you ask me. Gonna repeat this experiment on the others and try multiple compounds as well.
I tried Dragon Trail on Hards with no BOP and got within 1.5 seconds after three laps.

I tried Dragon Trail on Hards with no BOP and got within 1.5 seconds after three laps.
As someone above pointed out the arcade time trail gives cars more grip compared to online time trial. Considering this time trial mode is online as it compares your friends times etc I wouldnt use arcade time trial times you've obtained as reference just yet.

I’m an A+:S driver and I’m not interested in this paid time trial challenge and the target times will probably be easy to beat. I’d rather do Time Trial in Sport mode because that mode you don’t pay for.

Back