Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes W08 F1 Car Is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 510 comments
I didn't get it yet as I'm low on funds but will rubber band grind while at work today and get it tonight.

Can you give it a custom transmission and see if that fixes it? Also, what's the lowest power it can go to and it's weight range?

I didn't get it yet as I'm low on funds but will rubber band grind while at work today and get it tonight.

Can you give it a custom transmission and see if that fixes it? Also, what's the lowest power it can go to and it's weight range?

If you peak to me:
I tried custom Transmission, standard transmission, TC 1-max, Countersteer, Stability control, resetting my wheel 10 times but nothing has fixed that the car goes to i dont know - neutral? during downshifting... what for a crap is that??

W08 is great, so so fast but also very very glitched. Why does the car go in neutral on downshifts? It makes it really difficult to judge braking this is not right!

Also anyone else think it’s grip is lacking? Especially through fast corners, these things should be stuck to the road, you need to be in at least 4th for slow corners?

Hope this gets patched pretty quick, do the not test these things?

I can’t test right now, but maybe someone can try to replicate this and compare to see if the car behaves like in the video, to see if you can drive with the same gears on corners and similar speed.

Maybe it helps to see how close the car is to real life.

Nor do they have ABS, TCS, clutches that slip arbitrarily or throttle mapping that makes all attempts at progressive control impossible. If it does drive anything like this GTS abomination then LH did an even better job in Saturdays wet qually than I already thought he did. Looked like he was driving a precision instrument to me not an overpowered blancmange.

I can’t test right now, but maybe someone can try to replicate this and compare to see if the car behaves like in the video, to see if you can drive with the same gears on corners and similar speed.

Maybe it helps to see how close the car is to real life.

Nope, I can tell you that the car in GT looks like glitched or buged... dont know if its only on my car but it shifts to neutral and hits back in with power trhought the corner...looks not like hamilton has that bug in his real car...

I think the car grips fairly well, the default setup is poop though, try to emulate the type of setup from f1 2017 and it’s ok, unfortunately you can’t downshift properly while pressing the brakes, if your not braking it seems fine

That's really bad, because what if it opens mid corner?
You slide. So half the throttle it goes.

What exactly are the requirements ingame for it to activate?
Nothing. It is automatic as soon as you going full throttle.

Not only that but theres is currently no battery motor indicator in GTSport unlike GT5/6 for some reason, so the only way to see whenever the KERS is activated and how much left is by looking at (sometimes hard to look) onboard instruments.

Nope, I can tell you that the car in GT looks like glitched or buged... dont know if its only on my car but it shifts to neutral and hits back in with power trhought the corner...looks not like hamilton has that bug in his real car...
It seems a bug to me too , the car don't really go to neutral , if you downshift during you're braking then the gears are shifting down but in a like neutral situation with 0 engine break.
The gear you've selected will be engaged when releasing the brake. If you release it during your turn in , all the torque of the engine break that was missing during the braking moment will appear at this exact moment all together , blocking your rears wheels and making you spin easily .
Need to be fixed urgently. Apart from this the car is wonderfull in my opinion.

I also tried the Mercedes F1 today. I´m not sure if it´s a bug or a feature but there´s really no other car having issues with engine brake while downshifting. It´s possible to avoid locking the wheels if you press throttle during shifting. If you stand on throttle at the moment the throttle bar turns of the car will stay in balance. But it´s still tricky to find the right pressure on the pedal as to much throttle through the slow corners will end in spinning too. ;)

This reminds me back to the days of GT4 when it was a really fast technique to go full throttle while braking to keep the car in balance.

I managed a 5.10,879 around the Nordschleife with this today:

The "world movement" of the car based on elevation and what not is greatly exaggerated in the open wheel car vs an interior cockpit. It looks so comical, like your head is on a spring. So realistic.

I also tried the Mercedes F1 today. I´m not sure if it´s a bug or a feature but there´s really no other car having issues with engine brake while downshifting. It´s possible to avoid locking the wheels if you press throttle during shifting. If you stand on throttle at the moment the throttle bar turns of the car will stay in balance. But it´s still tricky to find the right pressure on the pedal as to much throttle through the slow corners will end in spinning too. ;)

This reminds me back to the days of GT4 when it was a really fast technique to go full throttle while braking to keep the car in balance.

Wow I didn't know they sat on trampolines in those cars.

It was starting to give me a headache watching this. Theres far too much up&down movement.

100% sure it's a bug, check this hamilton pass in spoon curves at 0:57, of throttle , downshifting and engine break.

It seems a bug to me too , the car don't really go to neutral , if you downshift during you're braking then the gears are shifting down but in a like neutral situation with 0 engine break.
The gear you've selected will be engaged when releasing the brake. If you release it during your turn in , all the torque of the engine break that was missing during the braking moment will appear at this exact moment all together , blocking your rears wheels and making you spin easily .
Need to be fixed urgently. Apart from this the car is wonderfull in my opinion.

What a disappointment... I hope they'll fix it!

Yes i've found the same thing with downshifts on the Merc F1, a bug i suppose, expect a fix within a while!

I had to make a new intro!!

I tried the car at Monza and it was pretty good.

However i did notice my accelerator bar lighting up when i brake hard and shift down. Maybe its a replay lag/glitch or maybe its some kind of quick hotfix ?

Last edited:
Easier to drive than I was expecting, though it can be a handful in slow corners! I much prefer it to the F1600T.

I'm not entirely sure I understand this issue with downshifting though? Could this just be related to the way the MGU-K is modelled in the physics engine?

100% sure it's a bug, check this hamilton pass in spoon curves at 0:57, of throttle , downshifting and engine break.

Oh man, yes, obviously the real F1 behaves totally normal as we expect it.

I don't know whats going on at PD, bringing up the main car of the update bugged.

Don't know what to say

I'm actually glad I'm away from my console. I'm at 2.1mil after buying the 911 RSR and I'm happier with that car than I would be with this F1.

Watched SuperGT's gameplay video and it feels atrocious. Gonna go back to Gr.3 and Gr.4 racing.

Was hoping for a proper F1 car to return to the franchise in this game but oh well. Next time or next game, I guess.

Can't believe they haven't fixed the downshifting issue already with a patch. I mean does Kaz even watch F1 or test any of the new contents before releasing it? Can you imagine if Lewis does one of those promotional hotlap videos and he discovers the issue for the first time live in front of Kaz? I'd like to see his reaction to that.

The DRS issue is so dumb as well. They can implement turn signals (3 buttons to boot) but not a critical feature like this. Even more annoying when there was a button for boost/DRS in GT6 already (SRT Tomahawk and a couple of the hybrid VGT/LMP1s have this).

do the tires change color on different compounds or is it always yellow? that would be a neat little detail

yes, but only with intermediate and rain tires, they change to blue, you can also mix them

20180804140159.jpg
20180804140219.jpg

Back