Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes W08 F1 Car Is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 510 comments
That wouldn’t be too bad.

I’m still mad at the super expensive cars. Like great cars but at this rate I’ll never be able to drive them! 🤬

But when you do manage to get one as a gift or from the money you've earnd they become really special. I agree that it takes time but you will get them if you keep playing

So here’s a bit of a more open speculation of what spec it could be for me before Monday. It’s probably ANY spec (except for the launch spec) of the W08, because this picture was from Australia last year and those 4 little aerodynamic pieces in the teaser shot are also on this one, shown near the front left tire (on the right in this shot).View attachment 754472
I would think that if it’s the exact car that Lewis won last year’s championship in, it would be the spec that raced at Mexico, but we shall see!

I hope that ugly T-Wing isn't on it. Like on the launch spec!

^ Same here. Would have loved to do some McLaren-Mercedes ones.

Update. Oh well.

43684277982_af881df4c3_o.jpg

41923422390_32448884f3_o.jpg

Is it just me or does this Mercedes drives a bit strange? When i brake en downshift the car goes in neutral. Maybe because of the hybrid system or MGU-K?

Edit: It also sounds weird. More like a MotoGP bike rather then a 2017 F1 car.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does this Mercedes drives a bit strange? When i brake en downshift the car goes in neutral. Maybe because of the hybrid system or MGU-K?

Its how the AI drives on all cars after finished the race. But in the F1 case its on all times. Its weird.

But the sound is spot on, like in real life (minus the loud electric motors when braking). Surprised by it.

Its how the AI drives on all cars after finished the race. But in the F1 case its on all times. Its weird.

But the sound is spot on, like in real life (minus the loud electric motors when braking). Surprised by it.

I don't agree on the sound. Also you hear the whine of the gearbox. Never heard that in RL.

There is a real lack of downshift audio feedback, which seems really strange for a F1 car and I found it really off putting when dropping down multiple gears in the braking zones. So far I don't really care for this car... loving the Mazda though!

No livery editor :( This is why I much preferred the generic Formula cars. At least the color variations could closely match the current F1 grid, sans decals (just needs pink to represent Force India).

Agree the physics when downshifting is a bit wonky. From my impressions in the main update thread:

The sound is pretty good (they modelled the whining hybrid sound when off throttle!), but then again these days F1 cars sounds like vacuum which is GT's specialty anyway. The handling though sucks compared to similar cars in Assetto Corsa/Automobilista. Low speed grip is wonky. Steering gets strangely light 45 degrees off centre (when it should be loading up with g-forces IRL). And the worst of all, for some reason the engine de-clutches when you brake so the revs drop all the way to idle! Even left foot braking and keeping your foot on the gas does nothing to keep the revs up. I don't know if they just haven't simulated the complex hybrid torque fill systems properly, but it makes the car weird as **** to drive when downshifting and braking hard. Ruined the car completely for me. Also I haven't found out a way to activate DRS. If anyone knows, do tell.

Last edited:
Wow... The livery editor is really limited on the driver suits. We only get very small patches to edit so you really can't design your own suit. You can only place decals...

So much for replica suits. There isn't even an option to edit any part of the legs. Wow.

We do have free reign over the helmet at least.

And the worst of all, for some reason the engine de-clutches when you brake so the revs drop all the way to idle! Even left foot braking and keeping your foot on the gas does nothing to keep the revs up. I don't know if they just haven't simulated the complex hybrid torque fill systems properly, but it makes the car weird as **** to drive when downshifting and braking hard. Ruined the car completely for me. Also I haven't found out a way to activate DRS. If anyone knows, do tell.

THIS.

Every time I brake more than, say, 50%, the engine de-clutches... then when I apply the throttle again, it re-engages... which is problematic especially in low-speed corners as it usually causes me to spin. I also noticed that I can't upshift without first applying the throttle. I can't cycle up and down the gears like on other cars. All-in-all... I dunno if this is a characteristic of the Merc Hybrid or if it's a bug. Forcing me, and probably many of you, to change your driving styles.

As for the DRS, I noticed that as soon as I tap on the throttle, it opens... and closes when I lift. Leading me to believe that it's throttle-activated.

Back