Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes W08 F1 Car Is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 510 comments
So it seems that some of the restrictions from F1’s past is still in place with the no editing livery thing. It’s a shame, but judging by how it drives, it’s the least of the car’s concerns at the moment.

I don't think that F1 is worth including on GT when they only include one car. That's gimmick territory.

Maybe they'll put the F2007 and F10 in GTS.

THIS.

Every time I brake more than, say, 50%, the engine de-clutches... then when I apply the throttle again, it re-engages... which is problematic especially in low-speed corners as it usually causes me to spin. I also noticed that I can't upshift without first applying the throttle. I can't cycle up and down the gears like on other cars. All-in-all... I dunno if this is a characteristic of the Merc Hybrid or if it's a bug. Forcing me, and probably many of you, to change your driving styles.

As for the DRS, I noticed that as soon as I tap on the throttle, it opens... and closes when I lift. Leading me to believe that it's throttle-activated.

Agree! Also the hands don't seems to be on the right place on the steering wheel. Looks like he is holding a round wheel instead of a F1 wheel

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they'll put the F2007 and F10 in GTS.
Unlikely. Those cars were supposed to be in GT6 but were removed. I don’t think Polyphony could secure the rights to three F1 cars without a lot of money being spent, and it would be harder for Ferrari to agree since Mercedes is already half tied to the game, also adding that the F2007 is in F1 2017 and F1 2018 which makes it even harder.

Also, those cars 100% won’t be livery editable either. Because if you think Mercedes is bad, Ferrari won’t even contemplate their cars being touched.

Can totally understand why Merc (I'm guessing it's Merc's call) wouldn't allow us to edit their livery. The last thing they'd want is folks messing up their branding and sponsors like...
38183441544_d00cfb192b_o.jpg

I'm sure Petronas and co had deals in place where only their sponsorship is allowed on the car. They paid top dollar for it!

It's stupid that we can't make liveries for it. Might as well not be in the game. Can we even put a number or driver name on it?
Can’t touch a thing. You have either Hamilton’s car, or a base colour version. You can’t edit it.

Honestly, I don’t even know why I didn’t see this coming. F1 cars in games outside it’s own series have very strict regulations, I should have known that side of it wouldn’t be allowed.

Hoping they add the Formula GT in the future as well to round out the Open Wheel squad. Funny, because didn’t Kaz mention not wanting Open Wheel cars in the game a while back? Then again, could have just been Chris Jericho-ing players.

Unlikely. Those cars were supposed to be in GT6 but were removed. I don’t think Polyphony could secure the rights to three F1 cars without a lot of money being spent, and it would be harder for Ferrari to agree since Mercedes is already half tied to the game, also adding that the F2007 is in F1 2017 and F1 2018 which makes it even harder.

Also, those cars 100% won’t be livery editable either. Because if you think Mercedes is bad, Ferrari won’t even contemplate their cars being touched.

Can one explain me why you have to get the rights on a car while it's been in the same francise before?? Can't they just put it in the game or do they have to pay again?

Can one explain me why you have to get the rights on a car while it's been in the same francise before?? Can't they just put it in the game or do they have to pay again?

The contract for Nascar may have been for a full field in GT5/6 but not in a next generation console (PS4).

Nascar's license moved to Forza 6 and died there (thank the lord).

Its like the music in GTA San Andreas and the fighter planes in Ace Combat or Tony Hawk for his name in EA's games.

They only negotiated a timed release.

Sure, so let's say you rent me a room in your house when I'm 18.

Can I come back randomly when I'm 35 and keep using the room under the same?

No, or maybe, it depends on the agreement.

What on earth is this pile of crap?? Why is it every time I brake and go down through the gears the car goes into bloody neutral and spins through the corner? Turn 1 on Nurb GP is actually impossible to go round without spinning. Waste of 2 million credits and I barely had above 2 mil this morning!

Most licensing contracts are written either to be specific to a particular use or a time limit. You would not want someone making millions off of your intellectual property because you gave them a cheap license with no expiration.

What on earth is this pile of crap?? Why is it every time I brake and go down through the gears the car goes into bloody neutral and spins through the corner? Turn 1 on Nurb GP is actually impossible to go round without spinning. Waste of 2 million credits and I barely had above 2 mil this morning!

I noticed it to, there must be something wrong because the car spins out even at the point when not applying throttle or aggressive weight shifting before turn in

Constantly shifting through all these gears is annoying, especially downshifting! I just put it on Automatic.

Do F1 cars have a double shift option? Or an 8th gear to 3rd mechanism?

Also noted that in GTSport the DRS activates as soon as you step on the full accelerator instead of by user activation.

Probably the reason the F1 is rather slippery here.

Also noted that in GTSport the DRS activates as soon as you step on the full accelerator instead of by user activation.

Probably the reason the F1 is rather slippery here.
That's really bad, because what if it opens mid corner? What exactly are the requirements ingame for it to activate?

That's really bad, because what if it opens mid corner? What exactly are the requirements ingame for it to activate?

also interesting what the hell is happening while downshifting..looks like the car goes in neutral - that is very bad - never seen that in f1 that the car goes into neutral and boom the car kicks in and spin...what the hell?

Latest Posts

Back