Lexus in GT Sport but not Forza?

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 53 comments
Some problems with Toyota themselves that are preventing production Toyotas/Lexus/Scion from appearing in any racing games released within the 2017 fiscal year.

Gran Turismo Sport does not have customisation parts in comparison to Forza Motorsport 7. According to the marketing manager for Project CARS 2, Toyota does not like to have their cars customised anymore.

Gran Turismo Sport does not have customisation parts in comparison to Forza Motorsport 7. According to the marketing manager for Project CARS 2, Toyota does not like to have their cars customised anymore.
But doesn't GTS allow players to change their car's rims? Isn't that considered customization?

Edit: Disregard this post. PJ explained it below.

Last edited:
Scion is dead. Lexus is Toyota's luxury branch and they aren't allowing production cars in any racing game except for GTS. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it's a similar situation with Volkswagen.

Just saw the new Lexus will be in GT Sport, do you think Lexus/Toyota will make it back to Forza?
We don’t know.

The likely reason for that car appearing in Gran Turismo Sport is that Polyphony secured the license before Toyota made the decision to stop licensing their production models for future titles.

Let’s not forget that that game has been in development for at least 4 years; that licensing agreement could have been signed a very long time ago.

Toyota is reducing their efforts on car modding, so they cancelled the licensing for FM7 and NFSPB

I wonder with Forza's strategic partnership with IMSA does that mean they are supposed to get the Lexus RC-F GTD car? Or will there be certain cars excluded from that agreement?

I wonder with Forza's strategic partnership with IMSA does that mean they are supposed to get the Lexus RC-F GTD car? Or will there be certain cars excluded from that agreement?
Toyota race cars where specifically said to be the only things not barred from the game. So there's a chance we can be seeing things like that.

Toyota race cars where specifically said to be the only things not barred from the game. So there's a chance we can be seeing things like that.

Ohh.

What about tuner cars.

Blitz Supra, ABflug 900.

What about the TRD 3000gt Supra Trd 2000gt MR2.

Im stunned toyota can be so stupid.

Ohh.

What about tuner cars.

Blitz Supra, ABflug 900.

What about the TRD 3000gt Supra Trd 2000gt MR2.

Im stunned toyota can be so stupid.
If I remember correctly, it was specifically noted that only production vehicles will not be present. While it's possible, I doubt we'll see the return of those cars anyways. It's not often that we get vehicles like that outside of things like the hoonigan pack.

quite bad timing when I actually like to see the Yaris GRNM appear in forza........ as for Toyota, all the race cars are from North America........so stuff like the GT-ONE, TS050 and the BTCC's ones are in Europe so they wont appear anytime sooner. (or bet DLC)

They should have added the GT-One a Japan race car, the Toyota licensing issues are getting stricter regarding their road cars. That is why Asphalt 8 just removed them from sale.

Hey This is not the reason that Toyota aren't in videogames, this is happen due to low sales in real cars will still happen until 2018 ends.
GT Sport have but Forza doesn't, Forza was intended to include Lexus RC-F GT3 as was leaked along with 9 more Non-Toyota vehicles before developement of Forza Motorsport 7(9 i mean to say Honda Civic GRC Rally car was also leaked from Forza Motorsport 7 to be included). exclusion of RCF was because of leak not Toyota license. Tuning and Customizing huh? then What about Subaru BRZ? same thing as Toyota GT86. there are other toyota vehicles rebadged in Daihatsu and SUbaru and vice versa they might be advertised to be in Videogames, See Daihatsu Mira(Pixis toyota or subaru pleo especially in Pakistan), see Daihatsu Storia, daihatsu boon(Toyota Passo) what about them? SUbaru BRZ is also same thing as these 4 cars and included.

I have 3d car models in my 3dwarehouse collection with highest number of toyota vehicles(lexus daihatsus scion and SUbarubrz counted) nearly reached to 60 after inclusion of camry nascars. see 3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/cyruskhan . reason is that when i try to find something new, i see toyota first even their names, their design, their interior, their features, even toyota corolla has huge sales in my country Pakistan.

What about Subaru BRZ?
What about it? It's an entirely different Marque, even if it does share a body. The customization aspect makes more sense than anything else right now. Toyota/Lexus have pretty much been removed from all games that have customization on console.

What about it? It's an entirely different Marque, even if it does share a body. The customization aspect makes more sense than anything else right now. Toyota/Lexus have pretty much been removed from all games that have customization on console.

now what about Daihatsus? they are partners of toyota, are they allow Daihatsu Mira(I Mean toyota pixis)?, Asphalt airborne also have no modification items as bodykit and rims customization thing was discontinued after release of asphalt 3. toyota made allowance in asphalt 8 then. CSR2 still have scion frs. Lexus RC-F GT3 race car's exclusion was ot even because of toyota, it was because of leakage of informations before release and developement. Same happen with non toyota vehicles i mean Honda civic GRC rally cross car also got leaked.

I haven't own any vehicle for a while but I play games too, I also prefer to buy Toyota vehicles due to their uniqueness in everything they have. especially toyota corolla they have huge sales especially in Pakistan.

now what about Daihatsus? they are partners of toyota, are they allow Daihatsu Mira(I Mean toyota pixis)?
What about Daihatsu? I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up.

The weird thing is that the only games that have them with customization is mobile games. That's why I specifically mentioned consoles.

GT Sport have but Forza doesn't, Forza was intended to include Lexus RC-F GT3 as was leaked along with 9 more Non-Toyota vehicles before developement of Forza Motorsport 7(9 i mean to say Honda Civic GRC Rally car was also leaked from Forza Motorsport 7 to be included). exclusion of RCF was because of leak not Toyota license

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that leak happen after the release of FM7?

I don't know why the hell this thread was bumped with such confusing things.

On topic: it is looking mighty likely that Toyota/Lexus now has an exclusive agreement with Polyphony. It does not extend to mobile games, and it does not extend to Toyota's race cars, or in the case of Arctic Trucks, tuners.

Of course, it would be nice of the GT fans to raise a stink like they did Porsche and EA, but hypocrisy is pretty common like that.

Back