Lexus LFA Non-Racing Cars Super Lap - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 293 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
*Image coming soon, thanks to GRANKUSTOM for helping me with the picures.:)

Rankings Registration: 25/09/2014 – 09/10/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 25/09/2014 – 23/10/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car
Cars:
• Lexus LFA '10
• Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12

Entry Requirements:
PP: 580 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 110,000
Silver: Cr. 50,000
Bronze: Cr. 25,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 008-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:34.000
Silver: 1:38.000
Bronze: 1:45.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Track Length: 3,916 m
Time of day: 08:30
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Important Note:
As I have stated here I will no longer set up the OP for these events. This is the last batch of TT/DT I do, so in 2 weeks time, someone else will have to do it.

Last edited:
Wow, what luck....I already had this car (LFA Nurburgring Package '12) sitting in my garage already tuned at the specified PP level. After a quick 30 minute run, I'm sitting at 1'29.988 in 17th place at this very early stage. I already have a good batch of pre-tuned 700 PP race cars for the other event also, so its just tweaking the transmission for the track and off I go. Will get to that one tomorrow. Its after 3am here so its off to bed now...good luck everyone, hope you all reach your goals. 👍 Stay fast. :cheers:

Thanks for the great work @et_ . Shame you are not going to be involved in the seasonal threads anymore :(
2 x gooduns gone now .

This TT driving on ice again. Gold and gone 👎 Just pooh event really no grip , no fun. Sports soft at least ?
Good luck all :cheers:

Last edited:
What you are experiencing is a physics phenominon knows as "weight". :lol:
And here's me thinking " I'm just sliding due to lack of grip " :boggled:
I think the phenomenon we are experiencing is " PD stupidity " :mischievous:

Love the game BTW but sometimes they do make some very poor decisions. :yuck:

Last edited:
This one is almost identical to the S4 license test which has a 1:34.5 gold time. Funny complaints about bad handling car, didn't Top Gear 's JC rave about the LFA?

I can't believe that Lexus (or anyone) would make a car handle that badly. Horrendous understeer on entry and virtually uncontrollable oversteer on exit. I tried Praiano's tune but its still a horrible drive. Maybe I've been spending too much time in single seaters.

During my first rounds in this Event (also using the Praiano Tune) I thought the same (I was all over the place) until I found out that in the curves it helps when you stay a Little on the gas during braking.
Braking and Keep stepping on the gas (not full throttle of Cours) stabilizes the car a lot!
With this, I got Gold in my 2nd lap! (And I'm a poor Driver... well, not the poorest but not the quickest anyway).

Hmmm, I seem to have overlooked the part where @et_ announced this was going to be his last Seasonal Event posting the first time I entered this week's thread. That's a real bummer. He has done a great job since taking over the throne. I hope someone decides to carry the torch. I would do it, as I have a lot of free time, but my health is terrible and I guarantee I would miss several midnight postings due to health issues, so I can't be the one to do it.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

I personally really enjoy driving the LFA, and especially the Nurb24h version. I think it is really well balanced. But it is a car that requires you to manage weight, and manage energy, because of its limited grip. Its not really the kind of car that likes doing more than one thing at a time. Its no racecar, and needs to be treated as such. Once you let the car work at the speed it wants to. Its quite balanced. But heaps of trail breaking, and judicious application of the throttle are going to put it into the understeer oversteer situation you are experiencing at every corner.

For anyone who is struggling with DS3. Here is my LFA '10 tune

Lexus LFA '10 (Seasonal Setup)

580PP
679 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres
Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
100/100
12.50/18.00
5/5
4/6
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
6/4

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.601
2nd 2.719
3rd 2.137
4th 1.747
5th 1.467
6th 1.261
Set final gear to 3.075

FC LSD
10/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power to 98.5%
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast - Set 72kgs to position -25

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

Achieved a 1.32.706 on the new seasonal. Quicker times to be found though.

lexuslfa-jpg.111907

Anyone struggling with the handling characteristics of this car, just drive it exactly like a MR vehicle and you are fine. Get your decelarating done a generous distance before the corner and get back on the power asap. When driven like this, the car handles very well. I found I had to adjust the diff somewhat to negate the power sliding on the way out of the corners. Good luck.

LFA nurburgring package.
Understeer, understeer, add weight, wow drift, oversteer.shift weight, gold the second lap, at first i always understeered off track.
Nice one but i don't like the car.

Well, after 3 months out of gt i'm finally back home at TTs! I see some people left and some others are not enjoying it as much as they used to... It's all cycles people, sometimes vacation time is needed in gaming too...

PS: Any tunes for the nurburgring package yet? @GTP_CargoRatt are you going to tell yours?

Well, after 3 months out of gt i'm finally back home at TTs! I see some people left and some others are not enjoying it as much as they used to... It's all cycles people, sometimes vacation time is needed in gaming too...

PS: Any tunes for the nurburgring package yet? @GTP_CargoRatt are you going to tell yours?

You know I will. 👍 When I log back in today, probably this evening sometime, I'll post it here. Word of warning though: I feel that this event might be one of those cases where a tune might not really be helpful. I say this because of the tires being used on this car really makes this event more of a test of driver skill rather than tuning. My setup is a loose setup, couple that with the grade of tires being used that already make the car seem like you are driving on ice...makes for an event where you really have to be precise with the brake, throttle, and steering inputs. I did experiment with tightening up the car, but it just wasn't as fast. At any rate, I'll publish the tune, but just keep in mind, it might not be for everyone. :scared: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @praiano63, I managed gold with a bit of tweaking to his tune.
Ditto ^^^ ran a 1:29.580 last night which put me 9th worldwide at the time (first ever time in the top ten!!!), but I'm probably off the leaderboard by now haha :lol:

I'm trying it with my own set up now... Easy gold but I just can't believe how slow you become when you move to america for 3 months with no ps3 nor wheel hahaha

For the people who said the nur lfa understeers, I put a 50kg ballast in the tail and all the sexy lexy does now is oversteering, which is cool for the photomode but Ithink i drifted 99,99999% of the corners...u

I personally really enjoy driving the LFA, and especially the Nurb24h version. I think it is really well balanced. But it is a car that requires you to manage weight, and manage energy, because of its limited grip. Its not really the kind of car that likes doing more than one thing at a time. Its no racecar, and needs to be treated as such. Once you let the car work at the speed it wants to. Its quite balanced. But heaps of trail breaking, and judicious application of the throttle are going to put it into the understeer oversteer situation you are experiencing at every corner.

Well said. I agree with you very much. I really like the LFA and seen it in person so many times but never have a chance to drive it yet. LFA is my dream car lol.

I drive the LFA Nur a lot and it's a really fine car to drive. The reason it's all over the place in this seasonal event is 580 PP + sports hard tyres :lol:. Keep in mind that those tyres come right after the comfort soft ones. It'd probably be a lot easier with sports soft, but it's way more fun like this! You have to keep wrestling with the car to actually complete a single lap without a getting a red time. I ran a few laps earlier and I got into the 1:31s.. forgot the exact number, but I'm happy with it for now. Gonna give it a try some other time cause this is a really fun seasonal 👍.

This is a tricky one... mainly due to how the car behaves on the brakes. Once it's in the corner it's pretty much OK other than a bit of exit oversteer.

1'28.169 so far.

Last edited:
Bit of a "Tommy Tank" motor on SH tyres - the key is early braking to let the car settle for the corner - bit easy to cook the tyres if you don't and it's a red lap if you were coming in hot...

Need to tweek my tune a bit to make the most of the middle section flow and shorten gears some more.:gtpflag:

Back