Lexus NX- Lexus's first ever TURBO!

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 83 comments
It looks like the car crashed through a chain link fence and into a brick wall.
That's what I'm choosing to believe because the only other alternative is that someone actually approved that design.

Was that supposed to be funny or were you being serious? It'll look like Reventon if yuo squint and from 6 miles away. That's a stupid conclusion, no offense.

Was that supposed to be sarcastic or dumb response, it's one or the other but I can't tell.

It does look like a Reventon from the back, and especially from the front.

I love this. Not only does it look cool, it's also a good design overall. It's very cohesive and adheres to a certain theme unlike many cars of the recent past, including Lexus's own previous RX series. It's rolling modern art.

This is actually quite a bit more extreme than the Lamborghini Urus concept. That shows you how Lexus is trying to shed their retirement-community image for something that really stands out from the crown. They're doing a great job.They're doing a much better job than Mercedes which has designed nothing but hideous, incoherent blobs as of late.

That is so all the light and interior stuff will work. If you go to auto show alot of the cars that there are plugged in the same way, its so that can play around with all the features and other stuff in the car and it wouldn't drain the battery.

Oh cool, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info. 👍

Was that supposed to be sarcastic or dumb response, it's one or the other but I can't tell.

It does look like a Reventon from the back, and especially from the front.
By what means? Yes it's anguler at the fron and the back but it looks noting like a Reventon, or an Aventador for that matter.

Lamborghini can make a car look like that. Lexus have made this thing look like a horrible impersination with it being jacked up so high that it looks like it's an even uglier Porsche Cayenne.

I kind of like it from the top of the wheel arches up. It looks like the top of a quite nice looking sports car. But the amount of body below that and that GAPING HOLE of a grill just make it look bizarre.

To quote Simon de Pury:

"It's vewy bold!"

I actually like it. I wouldn't say it's a beautiful car, but it has a lot of character and it would draw a lot of attention on the streets.

It seems they were trying to make those cool concepts from last year into an SUV. I don't like this one too much, though.

Lol, it's a Reventon SUV.

I have also come to this conclusion.
Exactly what I was thinking. The rear is nice. The front grill is really my only major complaint. They way they have it pinched into the shape of an hour glass just looks so strange. If they clean that grill up I think it would look a lot better.

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-7%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-12%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-LF-NX-Concept-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

WTF are you thinking Lexus? :scared:

It looks kind of cool but looks odd. The whole L-finesse designs from Lexus is weird looking, I just don't like it.

car from outta space :crazy:

That Lexus just dreadful. I pray the production version (if they make it) is more toned down.

The rear looks pretty nice but the front is just 🤬 stupid.

Also there is a thing called "putting too much curves" on a car :yuck:

:scared:its different, that's for sure. in short I do like it, its crazier looking than most super cars that's for sure too. I'd definitely buy it for the sheer head turning looks.

Last edited:
I like it (except the front lights and grill) because it looks like a "futuristic" type of car that would appear in sci-fi movies 20ish years ago

I freaked out when I first saw it, but now, I keep looking at it... I have actually grown to like the look of this thing:scared:

Times like these are when i'm glad production vehicles are unlikely to look like their concept counterparts. :scared:

EDIT:Because i'm dumb.

Last edited:
Okay... Lexus... I like the this design on the new IS and the new Super GT Car... but on an SUV? Um.... hell no.:yuck: If this is Lexus's future on other cars... :scared:

"Leaked" pic of the production NX

Lexus-LF-NX=2015-1.jpg

during the 26th Annual Society of Automotive Analysts' Automotive Outlook Conference that took place at the Cobo Center this month just before the Detroit Motor Show, Toyota CEO Jim Lentz likely afforded us our first view of the production version of the Lexus LF-NX.

It looks amazing! In a world where all cars are blending into each other we should be encouraging brands to make things different, and this is definitely out there.

It looks amazing! In a world where all cars are blending into each other we should be encouraging brands to make things different, and this is definitely out there.
Agreed. The first impression is definitely shocking, but when I took a second look, it's actually very well proportioned and clean. The grille is obviously the strangest part, but I think it's more energetic and interesting than some brands put on their cars.

This may actually be one of my favorite examples of Lexus' inverted-angle-bracket-corporate-grille I've seen yet.

But my biggest pet peeve with car design is when they ignore the rear, but I'm quite happy with this. SUVs in particular tend to have the blandest butts but this has character.

I would gladly own one of these (if I could afford it).

EDIT: I was mostly referring to the concept but the production version is alright too.

Back