Lighthouse Games is the new studio from Forza Horizon’s co-creator

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 2 comments
Competition is getting thick. Hopefully we'll get some good games out of it. I think it also demonstrates some kind of lack of fulfillment or creative stagnation over at playground that this many people would be jumping ship, though that is purely speculation on my part.

Last edited:
The article didn't mention this, but Gavin Raeburn (head of this new studio) was the one of the driving force behind Codemaster's pivot to racing game studio. He's directed and produced TOCA Race Driver and Colin McRae Rally series from the beginning up to Race Driver: Grid and Colin McRae: Dirt. Not to mention Forza Horizon series (although credit says he acted mostly as studio head, rather than producer or director anything).

Ralph Fulton, who I believe is co-founder of Playground Games along with Gavin, was design head of most of those games during his tenure in Codies. He's still working as creative director of PG as far as I know.

Anyhow I'll be keeping an eye on Lighthouse Games for sure, excited to see what he cooks up.

Last edited:
Back