Lightweight K Cup Seasonal - 7th Nov '13

• Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 63 comments

Jaywalker

(Banned)
Rhinoafrica
Taken from news section of GTP:

Gran Turismo 6 may be closing in, but there’s still life left in GT5 and that much is proven with the availability of this week’s latest Seasonal Events, featuring a series of five expert level racing events exclusive to Japanese Kei cars with no more than 355PP and no better than Comfort/Soft compounds or less.

This week’s challenges are as follows:
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Suzuka Circuit East Course / 4 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2013/11/07 03:00 -
    1st: Cr.286,400 2nd: Cr.157,520 3rd: Cr.114,560
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Deep Forest Raceway / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.296,400 2nd: Cr.163,020 3rd: Cr.118,560
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Tsukuba Circuit / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.313,000 2nd: Cr.172,150 3rd: Cr.125,200
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.330,000 2nd: Cr.181,500 3rd: Cr.132,000
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Eifel (Kart) 107A / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.326,000 2nd: Cr.179,300 3rd: Cr.130,400
Note the “Performance Difference Bonus” applies, so more credits will be awarded for using a slower car below the maximum allowed PP value.

Thanks Jaywalker, was waiting for some one to update the information regarding the new seasonal.

No prob. I enjoy these little cars & like the track selection. (Except for the last one, of course! :lol:)

Edit: Actually, it's not so bad. Kinda grows on you...

Last edited:
S800 RSC Race Car '68 is the prize car. Tuned Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept was my vehicle of choice. Limited to 330PP and adjusted final gear for lower rating was good enough for most events, with a couple of these being quite easy wins (taking lead on 4th lap). Autumn Ring is the toughest one based on PP needed to win. I'm going to play with this to get down as low as I can go at the easier tracks.

I have this on share at PSN eddie_blackadder if anyone wants to play with it. Send FR with 'K-Cars' in subject line.

Because we can get richly rewarded with the performance difference bonus for driving cars that have a lower PP, it's so much fun to try different cars that we could try to keep the PP as low as possible & make the races more competitive & fun as well.

Which is the best car or fun car from the updated OCD to try the races?

To call this event for an expert level seasonal event is in my opinion wrong. All tracks except Autumn Ring Mini Reverse were for me too easy. When a slow driver like me can be in the lead within 60 % of the race, then I think it is too easy. Needed a few tries to win Autumn Ring. Used the OFC-1.

Thanks, Jay. 👍

This one is all about fun. ;) Midgets Rule!

I'm going to have some fun with the MIRA Avanzato for sure.

I used the:

DAIHATSU MOVE CUSTOM RS LIMITED '02

Horsepower: 111
Torque (ft/lb): 93
PP: 348
Tires: Comfort Soft

Parts:
Acquire from OCD
Omit Oil Change
Sports Exhaust Man
Sports Catalytic Conv
Racing Exhaust
Hi RPM Turbo
FC Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Custom LSD
Custom TSC Diff
Carbon DS
FC Suspension

Tune: General LW K Cup Seasonal
RH -10/-10
Springs 12.5/5.0
Dampers ext 9/4
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 3/6
Camber 2.8/1.0
Toe -0.35/-0.15

T Split Diff 45/55
F LSD 10/15/7
R LSD 7/10/8

Brake balance 2/8
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 60/40
Power Level 100%

Reset to default
Final Gear to 6.500
Top Speed to full Left
1st gear 3.516
2nd gear 2.532
3rd gear 1.905
4th gear 1.494
5th gear 1.178

Final gear 5.194

This works for all tracks less the Autumn Ring. There is quite a bit of room to de-tune for grinding out Credits/XP.

Tune: Autumn Ring - LW K Cup Seasonal

Parts: Add
Racing Air filter to up PP to 354

RH -10/-10
Springs 12.5/5.0
Dampers ext 9/4
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 3/6
Camber 2.8/1.5
Toe -0.35/-0.15

T Split Diff 45/55
F LSD 10/15/7
R LSD 7/10/8

Brake balance 2/8
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Power Level 100%

Reset to default
Final Gear to 6.500
Top Speed to full Left
1st gear 3.516
2nd gear 2.532
3rd gear 1.905
4th gear 1.494
5th gear 1.178

Final gear 6.500

Comment:
Most difficult track. 1:48's - 1:49's are the goal here but will fail with several grids. This was a blast to drive. On a great lap you are full throttle (FT) from the apex of T1 - exit of T3 (brief lift) then FT again to near end of back straight (brief lift) FT again till into the next to last turn (brief lift) then mash it for the short run to the last turn keeping to the left middle brake & turn to square this one off & mash it for the run to the finish line.

I also ran this tune on the Kart track & found I was FT 90%+ of the track with some throttle modulating and 2 braking points. This little beast was wound right up tight & screamin'. Sounded like it might blow at any moment.

Beat '91 all races at 300pp , all ahead 1 lap before finish. Midget slow rabbit, Cappucino faster. At lower pp,mostly full throttle all tracks. so low might even be easier.

Beat ver f '92 Suzuka, Midget rabbit, 1.667.420cr, 160.279xp at 250pp...as low as it goes.

at Mini 1.921.259cr 186.303xp 250pp

49bhp,960kg,250pp Beat ver F '92
-15 -11
5.4 5.9
3 4
3 4
1 2
1.9 1.4 camber
-.06 .00
lsd 10/29/12
bb 6 7
trans 3121,2253 1698 1355 1095 tranny trick..top speed about 135...160 for suz

Last edited:
I used the:

DAIHATSU MOVE CUSTOM RS LIMITED '02

Horsepower: 111
Torque (ft/lb): 93
PP: 348
Tires: Comfort Soft

Parts:
Acquire from OCD
Omit Oil Change
Sports Exhaust Man
Sports Catalytic Conv
Racing Exhaust
Hi RPM Turbo
FC Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Custom LSD
Custom TSC Diff
Carbon DS
FC Suspension

Tune: Autumn Ring - LW K Cup Seasonal

Parts: Add
Racing Air filter to up PP to 354

RH -10/-10
Springs 12.5/5.0
Dampers ext 9/4
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 3/6
Camber 2.8/1.5
Toe -0.35/-0.15

T Split Diff 45/55
F LSD 10/15/7
R LSD 7/10/8

Brake balance 2/8
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Power Level 100%

Reset to default
Final Gear to 6.500
Top Speed to full Left
1st gear 3.516
2nd gear 2.532
3rd gear 1.905
4th gear 1.494
5th gear 1.178

Final gear 6.500

Thanks, it works on Autumn Ring, I got 2.43" ahead

Nailed all with a 100% stock Honda Beat Ver. Z from the OCD. Not even an oil change.

(Could have been because the Daihatsu Midget II was the rabbit on Autumn Ring Mini...)

Edit: I had borrowed Praiano's Cappuccino '95 for the original version of this event and it turns out he still had it on share, so I'm assuming this car will do the trick since Mr. P knows a lot about GT5. If anyone wants me to share the tune just say the word. Thanks!

Last edited:
This is easier than most, I'm not very good either and to top it off I just got my wheel last weekend. Won by a lap+ on first try for a few of them.

Because we can get richly rewarded with the performance difference bonus for driving cars that have a lower PP, it's so much fun to try different cars that we could try to keep the PP as low as possible & make the races more competitive & fun as well.

Which is the best car or fun car from the updated OCD to try the races?
The Cuore is my choice for most of them. They are rare in the UCD, for me anyway, and to find a new one in the OCD is a great find. The little Honda is nice too but I'd give the Cuore a try. I'd also leave it as stock as possible, as opposed to putting things on it that you can't take off. I didn't change the oil either, not for these anyway.

1.Buy I-Miev.
2.Buy better tires.
3.Take as much power out of it as you can.
4.Put some weight into it.
5.Drive the Suzuka race
6.Smoke the competition.
7.???
8.Profit! (lots of it)

Honda Beat will be the best to use because like all Hondas they have huge advantage in PP because most their cars are high revving N/As with low torque.

The Beat is no exception to this.

Down to 285PP and 45 BHP in the OFC-1 Concept at Suzuka, picking up 1.1xxM @ 150% login bonus with still plenty points to drop, taking lead at end of third lap.

Now 267PP and 38BHP for a nice 1.3xxM @ 150%. I could maybe go a couple points lower but that would be the limit due to needing the little bits of extra grunt to get to the AI who can tow me down the straight to get within striking distance. Caught the leader halfway through the oop-de-doops on the 4th lap.

All of the abovr is relevant with the Midget as the bunny.

Last edited:
I used the Suzuki Wagon RR for driving around Grand Valley. Since the Midget was the rabbit, I caught up with it in the middle of the last lap.

The car is at 326 PP, which gave me 9,16,000 credits approximately.

Will try the other cars which others are using.

Just wish, instead of frequently using mini track versions such as Suzuka Mini etc, they could use full length courses such as the Grand Valley course only.

What I've been doing with this is to first take a low powered stock car & do a particular race. (Last place practically guaranteed.) I then allow myself a budget of 5% of my winnings for upgrades. I then go back to the same event & try again. Rinse & repeat until the car is competitive. Your credits also pile up incredibly quickly without you even noticing. (For those that still need them. :) )

A good example of this is the Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62, which starts out at around 30 HP. It's great fun to drive & eventually won Suzuka quite easily. 👍

Also give the Honda Z Act '70 a go...

Last edited:
I used a Beat VER Z FT trans set to 103 on most tracks. full ballast added at +25 position I think I added window reduction as well. PP was 278 I think. Averaged 1.3 to 1.6 mill a win.

I still can't even get close on Autumn Ring using any car. It sounds like people are handing success with the Honda Beat. Does anyone have a tune for the Beat at 355pp? Or any other car that's available to buy today (the Dihatsu referenced above isn't available in the NCD). Thank you!

I'm not a transmission tuner at all so you might need to play with that part but I use these setting minus some of the upgrades and add weight to full and reduce power to min. I like the challenge of it but this here should get you an easy win on all tracks.

Set the top speed for the transmission at 106 to get the correct starting setting. Disregard the 170 top speed. Weird tuning sheet glitch

I still can't even get close on Autumn Ring using any car. It sounds like people are handing success with the Honda Beat. Does anyone have a tune for the Beat at 355pp? Or any other car that's available to buy today (the Dihatsu referenced above isn't available in the NCD). Thank you!

You have to make sure the Midget truck is the first car on the list, then it will be a relatively easy win. I kinda 'cheated' a little using an RM Capuccino with engine power lowered to 50bhp to meet the specs. Caught the Midget at the very last bend, for a 1.2 sec win.

I had the same problem until I reloaded once and got the Minica as the rabbit. That made it easy with my Cuore. I could have spent more time with the other rabbits but I still haven't won Tokyo in the Lambo challenge and I wanted to waste time on it, rather than this. The Minica is dog slow as opposed to the Midget and the OFC.

^^^waddy2001, I thankfully got the Minica on the final race, so the kart track wasn't as annoying as usual.

Back