Lightweight K Cup Seasonal - 7th Nov '13

• Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 63 comments
Won the Ring in the Capuccino, the Beat 91 and the OFC1 concept - the Beat won by 0.011 secs against the Midget!!!
Maintaining max speed through the apexes is crucial - sounds kind of obvious but lifting rather than braking is all that's needed on some corners. 48 secs per lap wins:tup: (not 1.48 in my previous post:dunce:) Best seasonal race for a while:tup:

Won the Ring in the Capuccino, the Beat 91 and the OFC1 concept - the Beat won by 0.011 secs against the Midget!!!
Maintaining max speed through the apexes is crucial - sounds kind of obvious but lifting rather than braking is all that's needed on some corners. 48 secs per lap wins:tup: (not 1.48 in my previous post:dunce:) Best seasonal race for a while:tup:

So far the Mini Ring is the one that's making me want to break my wheel. I'll try the Beat later on tonight - and maybe I will get some faster stroking. Catching that rabbit is no fun without a shotgun.

Since I just got into the Seasonals, I'm not sure that this has been one of the better Seasonals, but racing low HP cars is immense fun. However - I have to get a 787B fix soon - or maybe an F1 down Sarthe. The need for raw, blazing speed eventually creeps up. :)

I used the OFC-1 with an oil change (2 hp boost) and won the first 3 events. The 4th and 5th races I used the Suzuki CERVO SR, tuned to 355 PP with a level 3 turbo kit, sports catalytic converter, racing air filter, and ECU chip.

I've noticed that adding ballast doesn't harm your car as much, so I suggest addding maximum ballast to your car to reduce PP and gain more money from the events. Probably the easiest of the Seasonal Events that I've played so far.

From the 'Performance Difference Bonus' point of view, which is more practical - limiting the engine power and keeping the same weight of the car OR keeping the engine power at 100% and adding ballast to the car?

Wouldn't the former slow down the car but keep the car more drivable and the latter keep a higher speed but would need more input during the turns?

I know the ballast has it's advantages but does limiting the engine power have any (other than lowering the PP for higher prize money)?

Since the Performance Difference Bonus is quite vital in accumulating credits & xp, I tend to always get confused if I should compromise on engine power or the car's weight.

I find it is better overall to add ballast in managing PP.

Will try the CERVO - it's another car I had in mind; I just can't seem to make the Cappuccino get out of it's own way.

I used the CERVO at Suzuka and put Max Ballast with standard tune(gearing is very good so i just left it) and i won easily with an 11 second gap, the car was at 285PP.

I find it is better overall to add ballast in managing PP.

Will try the CERVO - it's another car I had in mind; I just can't seem to make the Cappuccino get out of it's own way.

Ballast does make more sense for sure. Having the same horsepower & due to the ballast, the cornering even gets better.

I think most of the Suzuki cars would be fun to drive in this seasonal.

However, I think the OFC-1 is the best car for this seasonal.

I used the CERVO at Suzuka and put Max Ballast with standard tune(gearing is very good so i just left it) and i won easily with an 11 second gap, the car was at 285PP.

At 285PP, how many credits were you rewarded?

Have you tried the same tune & car at the Autumn Mini track, considered the toughest out of the 5 available?

At 285PP, how many credits were you rewarded?

Have you tried the same tune & car at the Autumn Mini track, considered the toughest out of the 5 available?

l can't remember fully it was around 1.3 Mil

I have only tried that track i haven't done anything else, I think for Suzuka atleast the power can be lowed to about 45 and you should still win, so around 250PP

Edit: I tried Autumn Ring Mini with the same set and came 2nd with a 5 sec gap to first, i made 819K though, ill lower the weight by about 100kg and i should be able to win( I lost by 4 tenths!)

Last edited:
l can't remember fully but it was just short of a million im pretty sure.

I have only tried that track i haven't done anything else, I think for suzuka atleast the power can be lowed to about 45 and you should still win, so around 250PP

You must've got much more than that! I was at 326pp & got a reward of 900,000 cr for winning the Grand Valley race, so being at 285pp, you must've got richly rewarded.

I hope you didn't cross the track (the grass area after the 2nd turn at Suzuka) to win at Suzuka with such a low pp?:rolleyes:

If the Cappuccino is the rabbit, then it surely gets hard to catch that car at Suzuka.

You must've got much more than that! I was at 326pp & got a reward of 900,000 cr for winning the Grand Valley race, so being at 285pp, you must've got richly rewarded.

I hope you didn't cross the track (the grass area after the 2nd turn at Suzuka) to win at Suzuka with such a low pp?:rolleyes:

If the Cappuccino is the rabbit, then it surely gets hard to catch that car at Suzuka.
The fastest K Car is the Cervo Stock so lucky it isn't that.

Nah i didn't cross the track if i did it would of been more convincing, i highly recommend using this car its very well balanced and the gearing is super close it works so well stock you don't need to touch it, all i did was have a 3/7 brake bias and i was good to go.

Yeah i didn't have a clue how much i made TBH, i would say its over 1.3 mil though

The Rabbit was the midget.

Last edited:
Ok i Finally won, set the weight to 900kg(so 80kg ballast) and won by 2 seconds i got 1.39 Million for it. pp was 292.

I choose a different car each race.
Same here and have been doing that for awhile now whenever possible. So far I've used the Cappuccino 91, Honda Z Act 70, Honda Beat Version Z 93 and Suzuki Cervo SR 07 on the first four races. Don't know yet on the dreaded cart track.

Oh, and don't forget to use Comfort Softs. The last K-Cup race must have called for Comfort Mediums since all my Kei cars were outfitted with such, and I usually didn't notice until I made in-between race tweaks.

Last edited:
I had the same problem until I reloaded once and got the Minica as the rabbit. That made it easy with my Cuore. I could have spent more time with the other rabbits but I still haven't won Tokyo in the Lambo challenge and I wanted to waste time on it, rather than this. The Minica is dog slow as opposed to the Midget and the OFC.

When this series popped up, I went into the garage and found I already had a Honda Beat '91, built up and detuned to 63% or so of power to be 355.

Using the tranny so that you redline at the end of the longest straight is key to dominance.

The Autumn Ring, use the speed set to push the tranny top speed as far down as the auto-settings will go, then go to the final gear and push it to the largest number it will permit. That, and I got the Honda Today G as my rabbit on reload. 1.2 sec, passed after the final corner

Pushed the tranny out one step to do Eifel after that and now I have two Honda 800 racecars.

Taken from news section of GTP:

Gran Turismo 6 may be closing in, but there’s still life left in GT5 and that much is proven with the availability of this week’s latest Seasonal Events, featuring a series of five expert level racing events exclusive to Japanese Kei cars with no more than 355PP and no better than Comfort/Soft compounds or less.

This week’s challenges are as follows:
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Suzuka Circuit East Course / 4 Laps
    Period of Availability: 2013/11/07 03:00 -
    1st: Cr.286,400 2nd: Cr.157,520 3rd: Cr.114,560
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Deep Forest Raceway / 3 Laps
    1st: Cr.296,400 2nd: Cr.163,020 3rd: Cr.118,560
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Tsukuba Circuit / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.313,000 2nd: Cr.172,150 3rd: Cr.125,200
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.330,000 2nd: Cr.181,500 3rd: Cr.132,000
  • 355PP Lightweight K Cup: Eifel (Kart) 107A / 5 Laps
    1st: Cr.326,000 2nd: Cr.179,300 3rd: Cr.130,400
Note the “Performance Difference Bonus” applies, so more credits will be awarded for using a slower car below the maximum allowed PP value.
In this super low powere event, I noticed a quirk of the program.

Seems gear shifting is of little consequence if you are in top gear. My car accelerated from near 0 to top speed in nearly the same time in 5th as it did shifting through gears. Use the brake to slow in turns, stay in fifth and you blast by the compitition. May be my maxed out Cappochino is just a torque machine, but I think something quirky is going in here.

In this super low powere event, I noticed a quirk of the program.

Seems gear shifting is of little consequence if you are in top gear. My car accelerated from near 0 to top speed in nearly the same time in 5th as it did shifting through gears. Use the brake to slow in turns, stay in fifth and you blast by the compitition. May be my maxed out Cappochino is just a torque machine, but I think something quirky is going in here.

By the way this is a money maker. I've made 11 million credits on this event and am now level 30. F1 here I come.

You have to make sure the Midget truck is the first car on the list, then it will be a relatively easy win. I kinda 'cheated' a little using an RM Capuccino with engine power lowered to 50bhp to meet the specs. Caught the Midget at the very last bend, for a 1.2 sec win.

Thank you for the help...and I mean everybody on this site. Very cool people here!

I don't want to go off topic here, but I'd like to ask one quick question (and the link below will take you to a more detailed version of my question, but I think it's pretty self explanatory). What is the 2nd best racing game after GT5? Please PM me or reply to my link as I don't want to get in trouble:-). Thank you! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-what-is-the-best-racing-game-like-gran-turismo-5.290254/

I'm having a lot of fun, I just can't beat come better than 2nd in the autumn ring mini.
Driving my trusted Mira TR-XX, But After having a read through the thread I'm going to have a look at different cars.
I love Kei cars, they're a fun class in my opinion, especially when I tuned my mira to beat 500pp NSX's, R34's etc on trial mountain.

By the way this is a money maker. I've made 11 million credits on this event and am now level 30. F1 here I come.

No doubt, this will be a great money earning seasonal. Not to mention a fun filled seasonal.

Did you use different cars & what PP were they at?

For Autumn ring the Cappucino rabbit can do in 3:54, that goofy Midget II does a 4:05 and the Minica Dangan a 4:13 or so. Take your pick with the starting lineup, your times then need to be 48 to 52 second laps.

For Autumn ring the Cappucino rabbit can do in 3:54, that goofy Midget II does a 4:05 and the Minica Dangan a 4:13 or so. Take your pick with the starting lineup, your times then need to be 48 to 52 second laps.
New players, if there are any, may not realize that the rabbits change sometimes. If you can't beat one, as in you're not even close. back out and enter again. You'll often get a new rabbit (fast leader). The Minica is slow, as I've said before, but the Cappucino offers a real challenge...one that I haven't beaten. In some Seasonals, the recent Lamborghini one as an example, the rabbits (Miuras) don't really change much from one group of AI to another.

This seasonal is easy money... but i am having a hard time coming to first on the Autumn Ring... will read this thread more carefully.

Used my trusty tuned Midget for Autumn Ring, against an Autozam. He makes a break from from the pack at the start of the final lap, so as long as I wasn't too far behind out of the first 'bus stop' I'd got him by the last corner. Took me about three tries to make sure I was clear of the pack in time.

I made up an Alto Lapin for some of the other races: pretty easy as it is fairly heavy (around 800kg) and you can get 100 HP, though I had mostly easy rabbits.

Such good fun. I might get out my old favourite, Honda Z and run through again. Or make a new one, as my usual car has weight reduction.

a 313PP Suzuki Kei WOrks easily wins all of the races... except for Autumn Ring... where i only got silver... Will either give it another try tonight with the Kei Works or switch to you guys advised cars... (Midget or Capu)

Same here and have been doing that for awhile now whenever possible. So far I've used the Cappuccino 91, Honda Z Act 70, Honda Beat Version Z 93 and Suzuki Cervo SR 07 on the first four races. Don't know yet on the dreaded cart track.

Oh, and don't forget to use Comfort Softs. The last K-Cup race must have called for Comfort Mediums since all my Kei cars were outfitted with such, and I usually didn't notice until I made in-between race tweaks.

I've use different cars, but i use the Suzuki Wagon R RR twice (first race and Autumn Ring). I also used the Autozam, Suzuki Alto Works and for the last race, the Move Custom. Always on the limit (350-355PP).

I have to say i enjoy using the cars that are unexpected for these so i decided to buy the Honda life step van and it KILLS it due to its incredible cornering! I was messing around with it with racing softs and i swore i was in a redbull taking on sharp turns with barely braking at all! Using this car i won all of the races.

Back