spring rate 16.6/13.4
damper ext 9/7
damper comp 9/7
anti roll 3/5
camber 2.0/1.5
toe 0.0/-.85

tires racing soft/soft
905 hp

you should be able to stay on the throttle the entire race with this. Try it. I cmopleted 5 laps in 3:36 with this.

Results?
👍👍:tup:Absolutely brilliant. Finally won the event tuned like this on the first try after many previous attempts. HP only at 849. Thank you!!!

👍👍:tup:Absolutely brilliant. Finally won the event tuned like this on the first try after many previous attempts. HP only at 849. Thank you!!!
Glad to hear the settings brought you some good luck!👍
were do i get this car lads or can i just get the normal ZR1 from the main dealer

Yeah, you buy a normal ZR1 at the Chevy dealer, then go to GT Auto and do the race modification there. Finally, go to the tuning shop and buy the rest of the upgrades there.

So I managed to give this race a couple of tries with this tuning. High 41's were commonplace and it was so incredibly easy to win!

I found I was almost taking the corners too easily though, is that purposeful so that you can avoid full lock when rounding the corners? Or does that imply that a couple of other minor tweaks could push the times down even futher.

Still a bit of a newb at all this tweaking lark!

Quoting myself! Just hoping someone can throw me an answer on this, like I said I really don't know a huge amount about tuning, and wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks :D

I got a 3:50:033 in the Zonda R & it wasn't a pretty run i hit the wall like 3 times and cars. Still managed to win holding them off in final straight. The Zonda R will actully do the indy turns FASTER. yep with the following setup 956 HP with new oil:) engine 3 turbo 3 I realy like the beautifull gold rim black car. btw it/s won from winning gold in pro world well ya all know that:)B on another forum someone said he got a 3:46: .. somethin in a RM ZR1.

downforce MAX f & R 40F 65R and chassis reinforce
Height F & R -30
springs F18.00 R 18.3
shocks> Ex 7 damp 5
anti roll 5F 4R
brakes 10F 8R
LSD 20 31 15
trans 249mph

Anyone got some advice for doing this race (and the other "wind" race) in B-spec mode? I've tried this set-up with a level 19 driver and he struggled to finish in 9th.

on another forum someone said he got a 3:46: .. somethin in a RM ZR1.
I managed a 3:34 on 5 laps at indy with the ZR1.
Jorday, what's your brake balance set to? I have 6/5 at the moment.
For me the default setting of 5/5 has worked pretty well with this car. I never found that playing with the brakes on this car helped me with anything.

Just wanted to say this setup worked amazing things for me. Previously had never even got close with my ZR1 but managed to just about win with this setup, defending hard on the straights, gaining time in the corners of the oval.

Many thanks!:)

im stuck on the gran turismo all star series.... i had a corvette zr1 fully tuned and i could not keep pace at all....

im a level 19 wat car will win this for me???? any suggestions

The Minolta you get from the "like the wind" extreme a-spec race.

Quoting myself! Just hoping someone can throw me an answer on this, like I said I really don't know a huge amount about tuning, and wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks :D

I guess I'm confused a little bit by your question. I guess I would say that if you aren't using full lock on the steering during the corners i would have to assume that the car has sufficient grip to make the turn without having to turn the steering fully. The less you have to turn the wheel, the faster the car will probably go through the turns.

i love your tune jordy, this helped me...ive used both RKMs and your tune, with RKM i feel so tensed up at the turns, drafting and constant blocking, sure its fun but its so intense lol. I like your tune because I can full throttle through the turns, but man i get scared i will hit because i hit the wrong racing line :D:D:D

Love it!! :D:D:D

I'm having a couple of issues with this tune, although I wouldn't be horribly surprised if it were the game. I purchased all of the upgrades to the zr1 before making the RM switch. I set it up as described, but couldn't put on racing softs. There was a bug when the RM's were made, and it stuck me with sport hards. I was able to work around it by going into practice and selecting the tires from there. Annnnnnnnnyway, with default suspension settings with the ZR1 RM I'm putting down low 43 second laps consistently, having to lift in the turns. With your setup there is pretty massive understeer and can barely touch the throttle through the turns and putting down consistent low 45 second laps. All of the addons have been purchased and are all selected in the settings window. Chassis stiffening (I forgot the GT term) is applied, diff and trans settings have been modified to your settings, driving aids are all off, downforces are set. I get the sense that GT didn't like me modifying before making the RM's, but .. I'm really at a loss. Anyone have any ideas what could be happening? I realize it's a little hard to troubleshoot over the internet, but from the posts I really don't feel this setup should be behaving as it is on my system. Thanks.

Finally figured out how u got those 905 horses.
After running my vette for 250 miles,changed oil,received 905 horses to.
thanks for the tune,it's epic!!! 👍👍👍

Very interesting tune. As a big tuner in F3 I quite formiliar with how all the variables work and hoestly have a chuckle at most tunes I see... But when I saw all the negative toe I was like WTF?

So I tried it... In both races and i'm a bit shocked... It works wonderfully. What did you use as a reference for this tune? It's literally almost as different as completely different car. This tune renewed my faith in how much Mechnical customization there is in gt5.

Great job man!!!

A very nice tune for Indy. It delivers consistent 42 second laps, I was using my ford gt lm spec II for this race and was getting pretty consistent 43 second laps out of it, but this one is slightly faster. I must ask why you have the transmission set so high though? I dropped it down to 249 and increased the front wheel camber to 3 instead of 2. It cuts down the understeer factor a little and shaved another 3 seconds of my total lap time.

All in all this is an excellent tune for this car on this track. A+

daft, that's interesting that you seem to be running worse with these settings compared to the default tune. I'd maybe recheck everything. I have bought several ZR1s in the game and it doesn't seem to matter which order you modify the car as far as reaching 905 hp, but any power adding modifications will have to be purchased again after you do the race modification to the car.

Very interesting tune. As a big tuner in F3 I quite formiliar with how all the variables work and hoestly have a chuckle at most tunes I see... But when I saw all the negative toe I was like WTF?

So I tried it... In both races and i'm a bit shocked... It works wonderfully. What did you use as a reference for this tune? It's literally almost as different as completely different car. This tune renewed my faith in how much Mechnical customization there is in gt5.

Great job man!!!
haha...yeah man, the values look a bit bizarre at first don't they?

I didn't really use a method for this madness. I actually decided to forget about what "should" work in the real world, and I wanted to just try everything in every setting to see what would happened. I tested every rear toe value from 1.00 to -1.00 in 0.05 increments and -0.85 was the one that seemed like the car behaved the best so that's where it stayed.

Another important advantage to these alignment settings that I don't think anyone has noticed yet is that the desired cornering balance is created while still allowing a high amount of rear downforce to be used. The back of the car stays glued to the track...if another car bumps you it won't spin you out, etc. You can actually try to make the car spin out at high speed and it just doesn't want to. Sure, you can just use high front downforce with low rear downforce to loosen up the car until it will make it through the turns without hitting the wall, but it's very unstable that way.
A very nice tune for Indy. It delivers consistent 42 second laps, I was using my ford gt lm spec II for this race and was getting pretty consistent 43 second laps out of it, but this one is slightly faster. I must ask why you have the transmission set so high though? I dropped it down to 249 and increased the front wheel camber to 3 instead of 2. It cuts down the understeer factor a little and shaved another 3 seconds of my total lap time.

All in all this is an excellent tune for this car on this track. A+
Cheers, man. :)

You are correct, but there actually was a reason I made it that way. I knew I was going to be doing this race A LOT of times to earn cash, so I bumped up the gearing a couple of steps to make sure the engine RPM never went into the redline area. My thinking was that maybe the game would make my engine last longer if I wasn't redlining the entire race.

I don't know if that actually makes a difference or not, but that's why I made it like that. I can say that it took about 3,500 miles before my car even lost 1 hp.

Great Tune!

I had been playing with the tune of the ZR1 RM and was working with the camber and toe to get around the turns. How did you figure that increasing the front springs and dampers and decreasing the anti roll would get you around the turns really well? I thought that increasing the front dampers would increase the understeer.

Last edited:
ya all wanna do me a fav and try this set up and let me know what you think.
suspension:
ride hight +45/0
spring rate 6.5/12.0
dampers ext 10/5
dampers comp 4/7
anit roll bars 7/5
camber 3.0/1.0
toe -.45/-.30

LSD inital 5 accl 20 decel 15

trans top speed 267

brake controller 4/7

aero 35/30

all settings are listed front first then rear.
I dont know if its faster than the other set up but i like the feel of it a lot. You can run wide open if you turn in at the right time, if you miss the turn in just let off a little and it will turn in.

downforce 35/53
trans gearing 261
diff 10/20/10
ride height 0/0
spring rate 16.6/13.4
damper ext 9/7
damper comp 9/7
anti roll 3/5
camber 2.0/1.5
toe 0.0/-.85

tires racing soft/soft
905 hp

you should be able to stay on the throttle the entire race with this. Try it. I cmopleted 5 laps in 3:36 with this.

Results?

Big thanks for the tune it won me the Like The Wind. I had been thinking people were crazy to suggest the ZR1 RM for this event as stock it gets battered.

The car was still wild to drive though 👍

Help I used your tune it works great I finished the first track in Like the Wind but cant do the 2nd oval track what do I do

Thanks

Back