Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
LDP-R Viper RVT10/Tuned
(444bhp) (537ft-lbs) (1066kg) (750 PP All)
(494bhp) (551ft-lbs) (1066kg) (749 PP S-7 & S-10)
(385bhp) (556ft-lbs) (1066kg) (700 PP)
(574bhp) (583ft-lbs) (1066kg) (800 PP)

RVT10.jpg

Performance:

Power: -19 -9 -33 +5
Weight: 85% (All)
Tyres: R3/R3 R1/R1 R1/R1 R3/R3
Aerodynamics: 20/34 20/35 17/28 20/34

Settings:

Suspension: (Same for all)
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rates: 7/5
Damper: 6/7
Toe: -0.25/+0.17
Camber: 2.6/1.4

Brake Balance: 4/6

Max Turn Angle: 40 (WHEEL users may wish to change this to 50)

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios: 5 Speed 4 Speed 800PP Gearing
1st: 2.308 2.308 2.660
2nd: 1.588 1.588 1.780
3rd: 1.193 1.193 1.372
4th: 0.937 0.937 1.072
5th: 0.751 0.751 0.844
6th: 0.596 N/A
Final: 3.090 2.600 2.755
Shift at 5500-6000RPM
Shift at 5500-6000RPM
Shift at 5000-5500RPM
Shift at 5750-6250

Description:
Proving that an old dog can be taught new tricks, this suspension set up was perfected a long time ago and nothing has changed since RVT originally set this up on the Vipers custom race springs. Other additions from the standard Viper are a new engine management system which allows the car to lose power to fit race regulations whilst maintaining HUGE torque low down particularly. This means the car can be shortshifted with minimal speed loss and infact benefits the 650PP set up using it's 4 speed gearbox, due to the large reduction in power, but huge wave of torque still present. This American torque monster has also undergone a massive weight loss program to cancel out the big V10 up front, this includes use of a lighter materials for the exterior body panels, and a reworked and stiffened chassis using high tech materials such as carbon fibre. The main aim of the car has always been a stable, consistent racer, for this reason the downforce is always run at maximum with the high power settings and power is often sacrificed to make way for better tyres and/or high downforce. This car is a perfect example of a good solid set up that will work on almost any course, the suspension is set up to allow the car to have great turn in and good overall cornering speed, whilst taming the mighty torque and power with use of higher gears then normal tuned Viper often providing the greatest exit speed by allowing you to put your foot flat to the floor early without setting the tyres alight.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Pretty much anywhere on all set ups.

Tuner's Notes:
We’ve given you 2 options for gearing, 4 speed and 5 speed. The 4 speed gives great traction, easy driving and ultimately more consistency, using the huge wave of torque you can pull out of most bends accept hairpins in 2nd gear or higher (anything above 50mph) allowing you to happily jam the throttle and be thrusted out by pure torque.

We recommend 4 gears for the 700 PP set up as 1st will still pull you out of most turns without bogging you down. The S class 750 PP set ups accept both with no compromise, you can still spin up the tyres in 1st if you provoke it. The R3 750PP set up may bog down on launch, losing you roughly half a second from a standing start to 60 but providing an easier time through the rest of a lap.
Both gearboxes come with an overdrive gear incase of prolonged slipstreaming.

Both gear sets run similar lap times at 750PP, the 4 speed being slightly quicker in 700 PP trim.
The 750PP set ups are overall much stronger in their class, the normal 750PP set up has proven very successful on Suzuka, Fuji, Daytona Road AND HSR before. The S class 750 set up has won both golds on pro physics for S-7 and S-10 (partly due to favourable grid but I was still running fastest lap times on the track) however the car still runs less power then the AI are, and for this reason you MUST take advantage in the corners and overtake quickly and efficiently. The cars are running at 749PP purely to maintain the max downforce and absolute minimum weight, this is not done in the intention of gaining grid spots online however it is an advantage I'm not complaining about.

Oh and this is still a front engine, rear wheel drive car, so you will still hang the tail out if you’re to throttle happy, not to mention that engine is a 8.3L V10.

700PP Note: Driver may wish to trade in downforce for power or R2 tyres.

Just applied this tune to my Viper for the S-10 event, and needless to say I am very impressed. I finally was able to get the Gold on that race.

The only thing I did to your magnificant tune was adjust your final drive ratio for more acceleration.

Being how it's slow for me at work (gotta love this economy), I plan on testing several of your tunes.

Good job.:)

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I look in it every time I try a new car at a new event. I just wanted to say thank you to Paulie and Dragonistic for some of the best tunes on the web, and a fantastic layout with a massive selection of rides.

:cheers:

TLD Chevy C6 Aerovette
(283kw) (588Nm) (969kg) (650 PP) (Suzuka)
(283kw) (588Nm) (1071kg) (650 PP) (High Speed Ring)

corvettetldgt7.jpg

Performance:

Power: -39 -39
Weight: 85% 94%
Tyres: S2 S3
Downforce: 10/22 10/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-8 -10/-9
Spring Rate: 9/6 5/3
Damper: 5/3 4/3
Toe: -0.14/+0.12 -0.18/+0.04
Camber: 0.8/0.3 1.5/1.1

Brake Balance: 4/8 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 50 45

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.248 1.251
4th: 1.020 1.025
5th: 0.844
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.770 3.415

Description: Back in the '70s GM made concept cars called the Aerovettes, with a mid-engined layout they were aerodynamically designed for high speeds. Now, in 2008 TLD presents the return of the name, but for a purpose suiting the new millenium. This Corvette is based off the C6 Corvette and has had a full aero kit applied providing downforce on the track. This means a car that is well capable of outhandling your average GTR.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
High Speed Ring

Tuner's Notes:
Wheelspin in 2nd gear under cornering load, be careful on the throttle
Pad users may like to tinker with the max turn angle to suit themselves
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox

Once again, I am impressed. I took this tune, applied it to my Corvette Tuned, and destroyed the S-5 race in route to my Gold (Finally).

I changed the final drive ratio for more acceleration in this tune as well.

Gentlemen, you guys are masters of your craft.👍

Once again, I am impressed. I took this tune, applied it to my Corvette Tuned, and destroyed the S-5 race in route to my Gold (Finally).

I changed the final drive ratio for more acceleration in this tune as well.

Gentlemen, you guys are masters of your craft.👍

Sir, you may be interested to know that the TLD Corvette is legendary in online racing. Whenever the high-PP Suzuka and Fuji races come around, this one comes out of the garage and can be seen wreaking havoc on the competition all month long! :dopey:

Sir, you may be interested to know that the TLD Corvette is legendary in online racing. Whenever the high-PP Suzuka and Fuji races come around, this one comes out of the garage and can be seen wreaking havoc on the competition all month long! :dopey:

I am not surprised one bit. :)

My Vette, under TLD's settings is currently at 650pp, and will become the baseline for everything I do with the Vette. I am that impressed.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I look in it every time I try a new car at a new event. I just wanted to say thank you to Paulie and Dragonistic for some of the best tunes on the web, and a fantastic layout with a massive selection of rides.

:cheers:

I think it's fair to say Paulie has done far more work then myself, most of the credit should definately go to him 👍 but thanks for the compliment nonetheless, it's excellent to hear.

Also good to get some feedback on our set ups Max, I don't blame you for changing the final drive on the Viper it is set up as it was used on so many tracks there is some compromise to be made with gears.

I think it's fair to say Paulie has done far more work then myself, most of the credit should definately go to him 👍 but thanks for the compliment nonetheless, it's excellent to hear.

Also good to get some feedback on our set ups Max, I don't blame you for changing the final drive on the Viper it is set up as it was used on so many tracks there is some compromise to be made with gears.

I drove 3 laps in your exact set up and immeadiately noticed the sluggishness at the point of acceleration, that, and how the Viper dominates the corners.

A quick adjustment to the final drive was all that was needed to make that car near perfect.

Have you guys crafted the perfect Daytona Oval car yet? I looked through the LDP list and didn't see anything.

If at all possible, could I request one?:sly:

I personally am busy for the coming week or 2, however Paulie may be able to help you out 👍 He won't be online for a while I imagine because he's an Aussie but I'm sure he'll reply when he can. He may already have a tune lying around for Daytona Oval to but I do not I'm afraid.

I personally am busy for the coming week or 2, however Paulie may be able to help you out 👍 He won't be online for a while I imagine because he's an Aussie but I'm sure he'll reply when he can. He may already have a tune lying around for Daytona Oval to but I do not I'm afraid.

Fair enough sir. I am going to take one your tunes in the mean time and do some testing.

I thank you again for sharing your tunes on this website. They have brought new life to GT5P for me and should help me in the wait till November 2nd.:ouch:

I'll second Dragonistic's sentiments there, the feedback and praise for the garage almost brings a tear of happiness to my eyes especially so late in GT5:Prologue's life, so thankyou maxpontiac and EL_ZISSOU.:D
An oval tune you say? Well I'll admit I've never tried one, and I may not even be very good at oval tunes (we can't even put positive camber on the inside tyres :sly:). But hey, I can give it a shot! It won't be this weekend though, what with V8 Supercars, birthday parties, work and going out with friends. I'll try it when I can.👍 Any idea what Performance Points we're looking at? Any preference to car?

I'll second Dragonistic's sentiments there, the feedback and praise for the garage almost brings a tear of happiness to my eyes especially so late in GT5:Prologue's life, so thankyou maxpontiac and EL_ZISSOU.:D
An oval tune you say? Well I'll admit I've never tried one, and I may not even be very good at oval tunes (we can't even put positive camber on the inside tyres :sly:). But hey, I can give it a shot! It won't be this weekend though, what with V8 Supercars, birthday parties, work and going out with friends. I'll try it when I can.👍 Any idea what Performance Points we're looking at? Any preference to car?

Not necessary man, you guys did all the work. But, your welcome. You guys deserve major props.

Yes sir, a Daytona Oval tune. Besides Infineon Raceway, that track is 2nd on my favorites list. I have experimented with tuning myself (limited knowledge) and have found a few tunes on the net. Problem is, all of them that I have created/found lack that "WOW" feeling I got from the Viper and Vette tunes I have used out of your "garage". I would glady be the test driver of your Daytona Special per se!!

As far as the car goes, I perfer US Muscle (Vette specifically). With the Performance Points, sky is the limit. You could almost consider this car to be a beast of sorts, something for the record books.

Yeah, I know. I got carried away.:drool:

For clarification for whoever does that tune for you, any preference to /Tuned or stock versions of those cars? Seeing as the /Tuned versions don't really have that muscle car sound I figured you may prefer a stock Viper/Vette/GT over the tuned variations.

For clarification for whoever does that tune for you, any preference to /Tuned or stock versions of those cars? Seeing as the /Tuned versions don't really have that muscle car sound I figured you may prefer a stock Viper/Vette/GT over the tuned variations.

Tuned. I like the look of the cars over stock. The sound I can deal with. 👍

LDP-R Corvette C6 Cup Car
(391kw) (667Nm) (969kg) (800 PP)
(314kw) (606Nm) (969kg) (750 PP)
(283kw) (588Nm) (1003kg) (700 PP)
(423kw) (693Nm) (991kg) (800 PP)

corvettetldgt7.jpg

Performance:

Power: -3 -24 -39 +4
Weight: 85% 85% 88% 87%
Tyres: R3 R3 R1 R3/R2
Downforce: 20/30 20/21 (Credit to FAK on this downforce/power combo) 10/20 20/20

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-7 -10/-7 -10/-8 -10/-10
Spring Rate: 6/2 6/2 6/2 6/2
Damper: 1/2 1/2 1/2 2/1
Toe: -0.12/+0.18 -0.18/+0.20 -0.16/+0.10 -0.20/-0.12
Camber: 1.2/0.6 1.2/0.6 1.2/0.6 1.6/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/8 5/7 5/8 5/6

Max Turn Angle: 50 36

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios: Note only Daytona Oval setup has different 3rd-5th gear ratios, other setups have the same as each other, which is listed in black.
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.248 1.180
4th: 1.020 0.896
5th: 0.844 0.683
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.380 3.380 3.770 3.627

Description: When a race series became available in which the Corvette was elligible TLD-R submitted their entry form and began the development cycle. Whilst plagued at first by turn-in issues and top end engine power, we refined the Vette to a competition ready phase. During its first number of races the Corvette performed extremely well, pulling seconds per lap on the competition. Not all good things last though, and some driver consistency issues saw a drop in the success rate of the now revered TLD-R Corvette. After a while things came good again and the Vette is now a consistent front runner of the field. Now the TLD-R setup is available to privateer drivers to take and have some success of their own.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka
Daytona Oval

Tuner's Notes:
Wheelspin in 2nd gear unless careful
Pad users may like to tinker with the max turn angle to suit themselves
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Shift up at 7,000rpm
Trail braking is possible and encouraged
Don't let the massive speed on straights let you feel like you're going too slow in corners. Slow down and be smooth.
Shift up at 6,000rpm
Shift up at 7,000rpm
Just drive, no need for braking

Well due to the fact that I've never done an oval setup before this took me aaages to tune (not sure when I started, but maybe 1.5-2 hours), due to the fact I needed to test different methods to everything, and what would be fastest in the game. I toyed with numerous variations of downforce, tyres, suspension and gear ratios and found this to be the best in my opinion. I was able to knock my best lap down a few tenths, which on an oval I'm hoping is pretty damn good. If you want more power, you will only need to adjust Final Drive accordingly, the rest of the setup will still work well with more power. Ordinarily I never tyre stagger, but on an oval course I found it hard to deny the benefits, and since we can't add positive camber and stuff to the inside tyres I figure it balances out.:lol:

I always found on Daytona when I changed around downforce and such it often just made the car faster in certain places when you're around high PP levels, there's roughly equal time spent in the turns as on the straights I guess so do get rewarded for higher downforce but then you lose on the straight what you gained on the turns.

One thing I always used to do was tune the car so you don't use top gear (if it's got enough gears!) and then use the last gear as an overdrive for slipstreaming. This is of course only really neccessary for cars with high top end power in the rev range, allowing you to run effectively up to top speed with a slipstream and not be hitting the limiter when you get a big tow as that extra gear gives those extra few MPHs. Works best if top gear is right in the power band as soon as you shift.

I always found on Daytona when I changed around downforce and such it often just made the car faster in certain places when you're around high PP levels, there's roughly equal time spent in the turns as on the straights I guess so do get rewarded for higher downforce but then you lose on the straight what you gained on the turns.

One thing I always used to do was tune the car so you don't use top gear (if it's got enough gears!) and then use the last gear as an overdrive for slipstreaming. This is of course only really neccessary for cars with high top end power in the rev range, allowing you to run effectively up to top speed with a slipstream and not be hitting the limiter when you get a big tow as that extra gear gives those extra few MPHs. Works best if top gear is right in the power band as soon as you shift.

I found on this particular 800 PP Corvette that decreasing downforce at the front meant you lost too much speed in the corner and never gained it back on the straight, and more downforce in the rear meant slower cornering speeds and higher drag on the straights, so 20/20 definitely seemed to work best, fastest in corners and as a result on the straights as well. I also found due to the fact it hits peak power around 6,500rpm, that I could tune 5th gear so it sat right on peak power for max speed down the straights without draft, and due to the fact the gears are so long and the car so powerful, the extra 500rpm before redline are worth a reasonable amount of speed so you can get a medium length tow and not need to shift, as power drop-off is not sudden in the LS7 as I'm sure we're all aware. I WAS going to do a 4spd gearbox (with a 5th gear overdrive), because if the gears were THAT long you'd practically never leave peak power in corners or on straights, but the gearbox couldn't be altered that much, the car reaches 342km/hr on its own steam. As it is, whether you're mid-corner or in a tow, you're never far from peak power or somewhere where lots of power is still available. Using 6th gear as overdrive would have been in-practical because 6th gear would always have been too long, and 5th gear would have been too short as a result (you'd be past the 6,500rpm power peak), and top speed would have suffered.

Well due to the fact that I've never done an oval setup before this took me aaages to tune (not sure when I started, but maybe 1.5-2 hours), due to the fact I needed to test different methods to everything, and what would be fastest in the game. I toyed with numerous variations of downforce, tyres, suspension and gear ratios and found this to be the best in my opinion. I was able to knock my best lap down a few tenths, which on an oval I'm hoping is pretty damn good. If you want more power, you will only need to adjust Final Drive accordingly, the rest of the setup will still work well with more power. Ordinarily I never tyre stagger, but on an oval course I found it hard to deny the benefits, and since we can't add positive camber and stuff to the inside tyres I figure it balances out.:lol:

If that was your first official attempt at an oval tune, let me be the first to congratulate you.

I took that tune into the A Class Daytona Super Speedway race and was blown away. I didn't touch your tune one bit, and the Vette performed like a beast. I had to slow down alot more for the cars in the my way then for Daytona's corners.

I might experiment with the final drive ratio abit, but outside of that, the car is spectacular.👍

Probably, it will be a whole new thread though, this is a Prologue thread.

I'm not proclaiming to being the best, but if you open a GT5 thread, and you need some banners/logos etc, give me a shout and i'll see what i can rustle up. You helped me loads to understand tunes when i first started the WRS, and i've used great quality setups for a couple of race events too 👍

Really appreciate the hard work! Hope you keep it up :)

Thanks, and I'll probably stick with what I already have for the banners.👍

I expected as much when the full game came out. I just want to make sure your tuning logic will be available come GT5's release. Especially if what I learned from you guys (with the the tunes I have been driving) fails.

Selfish? Yes.:sly:

Unfortunately I don't have any pad user tunes, although you could try decreasing the max turn angle so it's not so twitchy on you. I have a few tunes for 800 PP cars that you mentioned you were using in the PM, I recommend trying them (In Lion's Den Performance Racing, the 2nd post in the thread), and see how they feel with less max turn angle. I'll admit I haven't really been playing Prologue lately really, I'm practically just waiting for GT5 to come about.

However, most of mine here are pad tested and as Paulie correctly reducing the max turn angle back to normal (40) should make them usable. I also haven't been playing much Prologue, I think I'm completely done until the full game.

LDP-R Clio V6 Supercharged Cup Spec​
(300kw) (423Nm) (909kg) (700 PP)​

tunesheet_clioTuned.jpg

Performance:

Power: +14
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3
Downforce: 5/14

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15/-11
Spring Rates: 6/3
Damper: 2/3
Toe: -0.12/-0.05
Camber: 1.6/1.0

Brake Balance: 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.712
2nd: 1.789
3rd: 1.402
4th: 1.123
5th: 0.919
6th: 0.781
Final: 3.500

Description: Building on the supercharged Clio performance kit Lion's Den Performance built for the streets, our racing division is now taking it a step further, with more boost pumping from the centrifugal supercharger, and a bigger intercooler to keep intake temps down. A further 200kg have been shed from the car, and an aero package added to help keep the car pointing in the right direction. New forged rims to reduce un-sprung weight, and the suspension has been further tweaked to cope with the added ponies.

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Tuned as a 5spd gearbox
Rev it right to 8,000rpm
This car seems easy to over drive so make sure you get the nose pointed in smoothly and early

This is a wonderful tune Paulie, I modified it slightly and got her to 1'59.801 shortly. My best time with my tune before was 1'59.706. I say it won't be long before I'll out run that time. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Latest Posts

Back