Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

Discussion in 'GT5:P Car Tuning' started by Paulie, Oct 13, 2008.

1. marktyper

marktyper

I need help... Who knows what to adjust to make the Mines R34 handling better? Thank you

2. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Dragonistic has a setup found here, it doesn't hurt to look.

3. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

I do believe that set up also works on other tyres, tested by myself.

4. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

Just applied this tune to my Viper for the S-10 event, and needless to say I am very impressed. I finally was able to get the Gold on that race.

The only thing I did to your magnificant tune was adjust your final drive ratio for more acceleration.

Being how it's slow for me at work (gotta love this economy), I plan on testing several of your tunes.

Good job.:)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. EL_ZISSOU

EL_ZISSOU

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I look in it every time I try a new car at a new event. I just wanted to say thank you to Paulie and Dragonistic for some of the best tunes on the web, and a fantastic layout with a massive selection of rides.

:cheers:

6. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

Once again, I am impressed. I took this tune, applied it to my Corvette Tuned, and destroyed the S-5 race in route to my Gold (Finally).

I changed the final drive ratio for more acceleration in this tune as well.

Gentlemen, you guys are masters of your craft.:tup:

7. EL_ZISSOU

EL_ZISSOU

Sir, you may be interested to know that the TLD Corvette is legendary in online racing. Whenever the high-PP Suzuka and Fuji races come around, this one comes out of the garage and can be seen wreaking havoc on the competition all month long! :dopey:

8. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

I am not surprised one bit. :)

My Vette, under TLD's settings is currently at 650pp, and will become the baseline for everything I do with the Vette. I am that impressed.

9. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

I think it's fair to say Paulie has done far more work then myself, most of the credit should definately go to him :tup: but thanks for the compliment nonetheless, it's excellent to hear.

Also good to get some feedback on our set ups Max, I don't blame you for changing the final drive on the Viper it is set up as it was used on so many tracks there is some compromise to be made with gears.

10. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

I drove 3 laps in your exact set up and immeadiately noticed the sluggishness at the point of acceleration, that, and how the Viper dominates the corners.

A quick adjustment to the final drive was all that was needed to make that car near perfect.

Have you guys crafted the perfect Daytona Oval car yet? I looked through the LDP list and didn't see anything.

If at all possible, could I request one?:sly:

11. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

I personally am busy for the coming week or 2, however Paulie may be able to help you out :tup: He won't be online for a while I imagine because he's an Aussie but I'm sure he'll reply when he can. He may already have a tune lying around for Daytona Oval to but I do not I'm afraid.

12. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

Fair enough sir. I am going to take one your tunes in the mean time and do some testing.

I thank you again for sharing your tunes on this website. They have brought new life to GT5P for me and should help me in the wait till November 2nd.:ouch:

13. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I'll second Dragonistic's sentiments there, the feedback and praise for the garage almost brings a tear of happiness to my eyes especially so late in GT5:prologue's life, so thankyou maxpontiac and EL_ZISSOU.:D
    An oval tune you say? Well I'll admit I've never tried one, and I may not even be very good at oval tunes (we can't even put positive camber on the inside tyres :sly:). But hey, I can give it a shot! It won't be this weekend though, what with V8 Supercars, birthday parties, work and going out with friends. I'll try it when I can.:tup: Any idea what Performance Points we're looking at? Any preference to car?

14. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

Not necessary man, you guys did all the work. But, your welcome. You guys deserve major props.

Yes sir, a Daytona Oval tune. Besides Infineon Raceway, that track is 2nd on my favorites list. I have experimented with tuning myself (limited knowledge) and have found a few tunes on the net. Problem is, all of them that I have created/found lack that "WOW" feeling I got from the Viper and Vette tunes I have used out of your "garage". I would glady be the test driver of your Daytona Special per se!!

As far as the car goes, I perfer US Muscle (Vette specifically). With the Performance Points, sky is the limit. You could almost consider this car to be a beast of sorts, something for the record books.

Yeah, I know. I got carried away.:drool:

15. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

For clarification for whoever does that tune for you, any preference to /Tuned or stock versions of those cars? Seeing as the /Tuned versions don't really have that muscle car sound I figured you may prefer a stock Viper/Vette/GT over the tuned variations.

16. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

Tuned. I like the look of the cars over stock. The sound I can deal with. :tup:

17. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Well due to the fact that I've never done an oval setup before this took me aaages to tune (not sure when I started, but maybe 1.5-2 hours), due to the fact I needed to test different methods to everything, and what would be fastest in the game. I toyed with numerous variations of downforce, tyres, suspension and gear ratios and found this to be the best in my opinion. I was able to knock my best lap down a few tenths, which on an oval I'm hoping is pretty damn good. If you want more power, you will only need to adjust Final Drive accordingly, the rest of the setup will still work well with more power. Ordinarily I never tyre stagger, but on an oval course I found it hard to deny the benefits, and since we can't add positive camber and stuff to the inside tyres I figure it balances out.:lol:

18. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

I always found on Daytona when I changed around downforce and such it often just made the car faster in certain places when you're around high PP levels, there's roughly equal time spent in the turns as on the straights I guess so do get rewarded for higher downforce but then you lose on the straight what you gained on the turns.

One thing I always used to do was tune the car so you don't use top gear (if it's got enough gears!) and then use the last gear as an overdrive for slipstreaming. This is of course only really neccessary for cars with high top end power in the rev range, allowing you to run effectively up to top speed with a slipstream and not be hitting the limiter when you get a big tow as that extra gear gives those extra few MPHs. Works best if top gear is right in the power band as soon as you shift.

19. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I found on this particular 800 PP Corvette that decreasing downforce at the front meant you lost too much speed in the corner and never gained it back on the straight, and more downforce in the rear meant slower cornering speeds and higher drag on the straights, so 20/20 definitely seemed to work best, fastest in corners and as a result on the straights as well. I also found due to the fact it hits peak power around 6,500rpm, that I could tune 5th gear so it sat right on peak power for max speed down the straights without draft, and due to the fact the gears are so long and the car so powerful, the extra 500rpm before redline are worth a reasonable amount of speed so you can get a medium length tow and not need to shift, as power drop-off is not sudden in the LS7 as I'm sure we're all aware. I WAS going to do a 4spd gearbox (with a 5th gear overdrive), because if the gears were THAT long you'd practically never leave peak power in corners or on straights, but the gearbox couldn't be altered that much, the car reaches 342km/hr on its own steam. As it is, whether you're mid-corner or in a tow, you're never far from peak power or somewhere where lots of power is still available. Using 6th gear as overdrive would have been in-practical because 6th gear would always have been too long, and 5th gear would have been too short as a result (you'd be past the 6,500rpm power peak), and top speed would have suffered.

20. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

If that was your first official attempt at an oval tune, let me be the first to congratulate you.

I took that tune into the A Class Daytona Super Speedway race and was blown away. I didn't touch your tune one bit, and the Vette performed like a beast. I had to slow down alot more for the cars in the my way then for Daytona's corners.

I might experiment with the final drive ratio abit, but outside of that, the car is spectacular.:tup:

21. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Thanks, I'm happy it turned out alright.:)

22. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

You do plan keeping Lions Den Performance "open" when GT5 comes out right?:nervous:

23. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Probably, it will be a whole new thread though, this is a Prologue thread.

24. Captain Roh

Captain Roh

I'm not proclaiming to being the best, but if you open a GT5 thread, and you need some banners/logos etc, give me a shout and i'll see what i can rustle up. You helped me loads to understand tunes when i first started the WRS, and i've used great quality setups for a couple of race events too :tup:

Really appreciate the hard work! Hope you keep it up :)

25. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Thanks, and I'll probably stick with what I already have for the banners.:tup:

26. maxpontiac

maxpontiac

I expected as much when the full game came out. I just want to make sure your tuning logic will be available come GT5's release. Especially if what I learned from you guys (with the the tunes I have been driving) fails.

Selfish? Yes.:sly:

27. Delinquent4Life

Delinquent4Life

Was up Paulie

i gotta ask if you got any tunes for us who still run using the pad and run automatic transmission

28. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Unfortunately I don't have any pad user tunes, although you could try decreasing the max turn angle so it's not so twitchy on you. I have a few tunes for 800 PP cars that you mentioned you were using in the PM, I recommend trying them (In Lion's Den Performance Racing, the 2nd post in the thread), and see how they feel with less max turn angle. I'll admit I haven't really been playing Prologue lately really, I'm practically just waiting for GT5 to come about.

29. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

However, most of mine here are pad tested and as Paulie correctly reducing the max turn angle back to normal (40) should make them usable. I also haven't been playing much Prologue, I think I'm completely done until the full game.

30. TN2004S4

TN2004S4

This is a wonderful tune Paulie, I modified it slightly and got her to 1'59.801 shortly. My best time with my tune before was 1'59.706. I say it won't be long before I'll out run that time. Thanks again for all your hard work.