Lion's Den Performance - Widest Variety of Tunes on the Web

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 1,072 comments
Ten more posts and this thread reaches 1,000. Perhaps a Q&A? Does anyone have any questions with regards to our planned operations in GT5?

Yes i do a have a few questions to your planned operations in gt5.
If theres a livery editor, will you have your own team-livery and will customer like me be allowed to run with it?
Are we going to see some racecars tunes\setups?
And will there be different tunes for ds3-user\wheel-user?

I have a question. Why don't we see you in WRS anymore :lol:

Come back, come back.

Because I don't have the time or motivation lately, what little time I have I spend doing other stuff.:sly:

Paulie

When GT5 comes out mate your gunna be REAAALLLLYYY busy with the tuning :sly:

Yes, yes we are, however the "Review one of our cars before you can request a tune" rule will be strictly enforced in GT5.:sly:

Yes i do a have a few questions to your planned operations in gt5.
If theres a livery editor, will you have your own team-livery and will customer like me be allowed to run with it?
Are we going to see some racecars tunes\setups?
And will there be different tunes for ds3-user\wheel-user?

We will have a typical colour scheme of red and black, no confirmed ideas if we'll have a set livery, but our race cars will always endeavour to use the red/black combo where possible. If we do have our own set livery, customers may use it for non-series based races, however if it's a proper championship, like one of the three I plan on running myself, then you'll need our approval to race under our banner. I'd quite like representation in as many series going around as possible, and I can't drive in them all myself. Anyone racing for us in a series will have our full support, including setup work for each round.
Yes, there will definitely be some race car setups, some using the actual race cars in the game (right up to Le Mans prototypes and maybe open wheelers), others endeavouring to turn existing road cars into race cars of a selected specification.
I can't say if we'll have different tunes between DS3 and wheel, I'll only be doing wheel tunes, which realistically make the car work as best as possible and should only require minor adjustments to make them comfortable for DS3 users. Then again, maybe GT5 will be more accomodating to the DS3, and no changes will be needed at all.:)

Ten more posts and this thread reaches 1,000. Perhaps a Q&A? Does anyone have any questions with regards to our planned operations in GT5?

I saw your comment about writing a review. While I don't have a specific car that I'm gonna review. I will say I have driven many of your tunes. If I need a tune I usually go straight to your thread to see what you have cooked up. I certainly will be looking forward to your continued tunes & info when GT5 shows up. Thanks !

OK guys, we'll be releasing a Predator Edition for our 1,000th reply (technically Lion's Den Performance's 1,880th reply.......), we hope you enjoy it.:)

How about a 697pp rx-7 for Suzuka! WRS Combo this week.

I'm not interested in WRS unfortunately, but I have got a project on the go which I've made Paulie aware of. I'll give away that it's not a car made for any specific event, just for fun. It seems wrong to just make a car which will be forgotten as soon as the events change or something like that.

I'll probably do an RX-7 for the WRS. I wish we could buy it in yellow.:(
Edit: Please note this is NOT our 1,000th post celebratory tune.

LDP Mazda RX-7 Samurai Spec
(278kw) (383Nm) (1079kg) (600 PP)
(219kw) (332Nm) (1219kg) (550 PP)
(219kw) (332Nm) (1181kg) (550 PP)
(331kw) (428Nm) (1079kg) (702 PP)

tunesheet_rx7.jpg

Performance:

Power: +31 0 0 +53
Weight: 85% 96% 93% 85%
Tyres: S2 S2 S2 R3
Aerodynamics: 0/8 0/8 0/2 0/8

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -40/-38 -40/-38 -40/-38 -40/-38
Spring Rates: 5/3 5/3 5/4 6/4
Damper: 6/3 6/3 6/3 3/2
Toe: -0.18/+0.07 -0.18/+0.15 -0.18/+0.15 -0.14/+0.12
Camber: 1.4/0.9 1.4/0.9 1.4/0.9 1.5/1.2

Brake Balance: 5/9 5/8 5/8 5/7

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.895 2.895 2.895 2.895
2nd: 1.900 1.765 1.765 1.765
3rd: 1.361 1.334 1.334 1.301
4th: 1.064 1.053 1.053 1.021
5th: 0.857 0.857 0.857 0.857
Final: 4.200 4.065 4.065 4.127

Description: After releasing some muscle the other week, it occured to me that not everyone's driving style is accustomed to torque, which is why I want to release this as yet unloved rice burner. A funny car, where its weakness is also its strong point. A lack of low end grunt can mean bad acceleration, but also means you can slam down the throttle in slow corners and not spin the wheels. The car will let go if you push it too hard, so please keep your RWD caps on a little longer and take a drive in the RX-7. With only the weight of a rotary to push around it feels very waspy, a very fun car to drive.

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka
Fuji/Suzuka
Fuji/Suzuka (alternate and optional setup)
Suzuka

Tuner's Notes:
Get on the throttle earlier, especially at places like the hairpin just slam it down
Don't use 2nd gear at Degner
Rev the crap out of every gear, big spins=big grins
Don't listen to the other tips when using the Fuji tune
Drive it like any normal RWD, carefully

Refer Fuji tips
Shift at redline

Leave the shift as long as possible, before fuel cut-out
Maintain momentum at the sector 2 hairpin and get on the throttle early
Time Trial Set-Up for WRS

Last edited:
Worth noting my project will be delayed as I'll be moving from university back home some time soon so I'm spending my free time playing other games and just having fun inbetween packing and other business.

Edit: Packing has begun and the G25 was one of the first things to pack, project on hold for a few days.

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, after news reports coming through today suggesting over 800 cars in GT5 won't have interior views at all, there's a good chance I won't be opening LDP in GT5 at all, mainly since I wouldn't be playing such a lowsy game very often if 800 cars do indeed not have interior view.:odd:

Edit: Although GT PSP has black outlines of the interior, which I could easily live with even if it's well and truly under-whelming for a game as hyped as GT5, and one that has taken so damn long to make.

Last edited:
Interesting, I personally will probably keep with it but if LDP is closed I won't be opening up my own shop again for sure. On a related note, I think my next project will be my last for GT5P to. I may release that as it is (though it's actually turned into 2 cars rather then 1 now, but with a link).

Some other reviews now are suggesting the standard cars' interiors simply aren't as highly detailed, which is fine by me! I hope it's the case, as it seems extremely odd that they'd not put interiors on 800 cars.

Opening LDP for GT5 is something I want more than anything, I crave it! But the game has got to have interior views for driving all the cars, I mean come on.
Edit: Aah who am I kidding? I'll still open shop regardless :lol:, even if I only did tunes on the premium models, but I'd be happy to use even a bonnet view if I absolutely had to, a cockpit view is 1000 times better though.:sly:

Last edited:
Opening LDP for GT5 is something I want more than anything, I crave it! But the game has got to have interior views for driving all the cars, I mean come on.
Edit: Aah who am I kidding? I'll still open shop regardless :lol:, even if I only did tunes on the premium models, but I'd be happy to use even a bonnet view if I absolutely had to, a cockpit view is 1000 times better though.:sly:

Glad to hear LDP will live on! 👍

Yeah it'll live on, but after today I now have no plans for anything in GT5, standard cars are the biggest joke in history! They better at least have a bonnet view, I can't race in roof or bumper cam, much less tune!

Last edited:
After wading through tons of complaints and speculation in the news area, I am led to believe that standard cars will have cockpit view, just not body damage or a view into them from the outside. Though I'm not 100% on that, like everyone else I guess.

Worth noting my project will be delayed as I'll be moving from university back home some time soon so I'm spending my free time playing other games and just having fun inbetween packing and other business.

Edit: Packing has begun and the G25 was one of the first things to pack, project on hold for a few days.

Self quote for the win.

Anyway, I've decided not to set up my G25 at home, for lack of space. So I've decided against the previous project and closed, sorry those who were interested. That said, I'm going to release 2 700PP cars to make up for it, though I admit they're only power and weight (and tyre) adjustments on set ups I've done before, but if it ain't broke. More importantly I've tested these set ups thoroughly in the HSR event to make sure they transfer correctly and they're both competitive.

👍 on the G35 Sedan tune. Not really all that quick, but certainly handles great. (minus that horrible dead spot in the steering) :)

Thanks.:) It was pretty quick at the old Fuji 550 event (nothing on the Clios and such however), and I agree, that dead spot in the steering is rather annoying.

Edited the 700PP numbers in, also made a slight adjustment to the suspension and final gear accordingly.

TLD NSX Type-RVT
(368bhp) (275ft-lbs) (1079kg) (650 PP)
(443bhp) (313ft-lbs) (1079kg) (700PP)

Performance:

Power: +26 +49
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1/R1 R2/R3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rates: 4/6
Damper: 3/6
Toe: -0.25/+0.30
Camber: 1.6/2.0

Brake Balance: 7/5

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.622
2nd: 1.793
3rd: 1.404
4th: 1.139
5th: 0.936
6th: 0.793
Final: 4.162 4.110

Description:
No doubt many of you are confused as to why this car has been posted here, by me, but I'll let Paulie explain all later on :sly:. The car itself has been under private use for a while now. As far as the NSX goes it's always been a car with a nasty bite if not treated with respect. This hasn't changed and TLD has aimed to create a faster, better handling car by first adding power with a few minor upgrades, stripping the interior to reduce weight and finally retuning the suspension once the new R compound slicks were added. The aim of this set up was to create a faster NSX, without losing it's key character and charm, this comes together to create a great drivers car, and never fails to bring a smile to my face at least. Don't take my word for it though, try it for yourselves!

Tracks Tuned for/on:
Suzuka (Originally)
HSR (Tweaked to fit)

Tuner's Notes:
Main warning is be careful when turning in should the car try to jump out on you, apply some throttle and don't go crazy countersteering.
Apart from that, keep in mind it's an MR car so be ready for liftoff oversteer and the other normal symptoms.

Best 700PP HSR Lap (driven by me): 1:06.5XX (No slipstream)

Thanks.:) It was pretty quick at the old Fuji 550 event (nothing on the Clios and such however), and I agree, that dead spot in the steering is rather annoying.

I'm going to do some racing with it tonight. Don't care how slow I am, just want to have fun. :dopey:

Nice. I wish I could remember my old times in that event.:) I did a LOT of testing with the old 550 PP RWD, including parity matching all of the cars, as seen in the Tuner's Comments on some of the faster 550 PP RWD cars.:)

Back