List of cars represented incorrectly

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 462 comments
Personnaly, i think the MINI (as opposed to the Mini) is correctly represented inthe German section.

And SEAT is also correct to be in Spain, despite being ownby Germans.

Production locations? I could be wrong.

But what i think is really wrong, and this may have been point out before already (sorry i didnt read the previous page of this thread) are the Ayrton Senna cars being in Asia??!!

OK, I was about to say I was sure it was Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i.

The Senna cars are PDI (their country of origin is Polyphony Digital Incorporated) cars so they are supposedly Asian because "PDI" is from Asia. It's silly considering that Lotus is in the game. But I think it's similar to how they got the licencing for the Diablo in GT3 from JLOC not Lambo so they couldn't call it a "Lamborghini"

OK, I was about to say I was sure it was Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i.

The Senna cars are PDI (their country of origin is Polyphony Digital Incorporated) cars so they are supposedly Asian because "PDI" is from Asia. It's silly considering that Lotus is in the game. But I think it's similar to how they got the licencing for the Diablo in GT3 from JLOC not Lambo so they couldn't call it a "Lamborghini"
Nor put any evidence of it existing in the PAL version. :lol:

Yeah, nearly all the hidden cars if not all in GT3 were European, hence they were deleted in the PAL version. The only non-Euro hidden cars were trims of Japanese cars that were already in the game, and these were still present in PAL.

The fact that the licencing was from JLOC is probably why it was fine to put it only in the Japanese game. (As it stands for Japanese Lamborghini Owners Club, who were the ones who entered it in JGTC)

It probably is. After the multi-year legal circus between "Lotus F1" and "Team Lotus", PD likely looked long and hard and said "let's not deal with any of that."

It probably is. After the multi-year legal circus between "Lotus F1" and "Team Lotus", PD likely looked long and hard and said "let's not deal with any of that."
Or they probably didn't need to look long and hard at all. Then again maybe that's what they spent all their time doing.

Mazda Miata 1800RS [NB,J] '00
The Miata was never sold as 1800RS in USA. Instead, the 1.8 LS was sold. Moreover, in GT6 it has 158 HP and 1070 kg when it has actually 140 HP and 1057 kg in real life. Click here

Mazda MX-5 1800RS [NB,J] '00
The MX-5 was never sold as 1800RS in Europe. Instead, the 1.8i was sold. Moreover, in GT6 it has 158 HP and 1070 kg when it has actually 146 HP and 1065 kg in real life. Click here

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

Dealership quotes:

319 hp / 5,200 rpm
258.2 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm

Upon purchase, actual specs are:

325 hp / 5,000 rpm
351 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm

The torque jumps nearly 100 ft-lbs.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

Dealership quotes:

319 hp / 5,200 rpm
258.2 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm

Upon purchase, actual specs are:

325 hp / 5,000 rpm
351 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm

The torque jumps nearly 100 ft-lbs.
The purchased specs are correct, dealer specs are incorrect, just in case there is confusion.

I'd say the R&D BRZ is undervalued quite a bit on the HP side.

Mazda Miata 1800RS [NB,J] '00
The Miata was never sold as 1800RS in USA. Instead, the 1.8 LS was sold. Moreover, in GT6 it has 158 HP and 1070 kg when it has actually 140 HP and 1057 kg in real life. Click here

Mazda MX-5 1800RS [NB,J] '00
The MX-5 was never sold as 1800RS in Europe. Instead, the 1.8i was sold. Moreover, in GT6 it has 158 HP and 1070 kg when it has actually 146 HP and 1065 kg in real life. Click here

Why would you state what it is in EU and the US when they're Japanese models? :confused:

Yes, we're meaning the MX-5 Miata business.

Then I wouldn't necessarily say the specs are wrong, but rather the name of the car. Are the specs right for the Japanese version?

SVX
Then I wouldn't necessarily say the specs are wrong, but rather the name of the car. Are the specs right for the Japanese version?
Yes, they are right for the Japanese version. I searched the specs and I found the following source:
Click here

SVX
Then the specs aren't wrong, as it's stated it's a Japanese model, but rather the naming of the car.
Yes, but on GT3, in PAL version is the MX-5 1.8i, while the NTSC-USA version is the Miata 1.8 LS.

hsv
345, which is what Subaru claimed when they first showed it, but it's around 100 more in real life.

Probably a similar type deal with the 276hp shown on the 90s/00s Japanese performance cars then.

SVX
Probably a similar type deal with the 276hp shown on the 90s/00s Japanese performance cars then.
The early '00s GT500s are also pretty far down on power too.

Back