List of cars represented incorrectly

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 462 comments
After the V1.10 update the Toyota TS030 now has the FIA WEC logos and anything related replaced with barcodes. Picture by @RACECAR

capture_20140725_120809-jpg.192195

I'm of the impression this came about due to licensing and they likely did this removal at the request of the FIA.

I'm of the impression this came about due to licensing and they likely did this removal at the request of the FIA.
Would that mean cars like the R18 were also affected by this licensing/partnership issue?

I can't check since GT6 isn't easily available to me right now but does it still have the WEC logos?

Would that mean cars like the R18 were also affected by this licensing/partnership issue?

I can't check since GT6 isn't easily available to me right now but does it still have the WEC logos?

The R18 has the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup logos, which weren't under FIA sanction if I recall so it should be ok.

@Gerarghini

The real life version is a dream to drive. The GT6 version 🤬 🤬. :grumpy:

Rant: F-ing PD. There is no way that you actually drove the 2013 Boss302 in real life before building the programming for the game. The in-game version drives just like the in-game 2005 Mustang. The BOSS 302 is NOT a drag strip queen. This car was built for road racing and in real life, it is an absolute dream. In the game it handles like a 70's muscle car.

This is just laziness in the programming department. Try reading a review from a car site if you cannot find the time to drive such a sweet car. You killed this car with the last update. I want my money back. No, better yet. I want to challenge Kaz himself to a race in a BOSS 302. That's right. Kaz vs. me at Mid-Ohio. I will even pay for the gas, tires and entry fee. Kaz needs to know how one of these drives in real life. (...) I have been able to make the BOSS 302 a more fund car to drive, but it is nowhere near its real world version. :(
Ford Mustang Boss 302 R '13

Chrysler Prowler '02: Actually, the Chrysler Prowler was produced from 2001 and 2002 after Plymouth was discontinued. Plymouth version was produced in 1997 and then 1999 to 2001.

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

Car Info says 493 hp @ 10,000 rpm
Garage says 511 hp @ 10,000 rpm

De-tuned to proper 493 hp @ 10,200 rpm

@SkilledRacer
I don't think this applies. Both cars have possibly ran the exact GT6 scheme at some point in their existence. The pics you provided are from LeMans, so it's expected to see some kind of special stickers, doesn't mean they're on the cars at each race.

@SkilledRacer
I don't think this applies. Both cars have possibly ran the exact GT6 scheme at some point in their existence. The pics you provided are from LeMans, so it's expected to see some kind of special stickers, doesn't mean they're on the cars at each race.

After looking a bit longer for images of the car I have found that some photos of the Team Peugeot car were shot and is the same as the car in GT5/6. I'm assuming PD must have modeled the cars off of their press release or something along those lines
Peugeot_908_HDi_FAP_-_Team_Peugeot_Total_'10.jpg

The BMW V12 LMR does not have any series sticker above the number. And there are no driver names just below the roll hoop, the drivers who drove the no. 15 car in real life are: Joachim Winkelhock (German), Pierluigi Martini (Italian) and Yannick Dalmas (French). The Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) is also missing a series sticker aswell as driver names, the drivers of the 3 were: Ukyo Katayama (Japanese), Keiichi Tsuchiya (Japanese) and Toshio Suzuki (Japanese).

Note: Driver names have been taken from the 1999 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Camaro SS '69 (Look here for a picture of the GT6 Camaro SS '69:http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/car_sheet.php?id=1031)

Should have this stripe:
69SS350Burgdrfrnttop.jpg

It should also have the grille painted black instead of grey, like above.

This next one is optional. The car should have the hood with the louvers on, pictured above, instead of the Cowl Induction hood already on the car in GT6. The Cowl Induction hood was a separate option that could be combined with the SS option. Seeing as the car is a pretty basic SS I'd think it would have the louvered hood, but the CI hood isn't wrong.

These probably will never be fixed, seeing as it's a standard car.

Hyundai Accent Rally Car'01:
Actually it looks like the WRC'01 but it isn't: PD claims the 2002 version.

The differences:
hyundai_accent_wrc_2002_06.jpg
2002 17 diapo1101.jpg

This car is claimed as nr 17 which is from Armin Schwarz. Driver names are not displayed in window of passanger. "Accent" Plate has been removed on GT4 and since then, there is no plate on top of the number in GT6.
accent_wrc_eu_01.jpg

Moreover, there is no number plate.
GT4 to GT6:
hqdefault (1).jpg

Real car:
ram075-2.jpg

The plate says "X17 HMC" which is probably made from Korea.

2001:
hyundaiwrc3.jpg

hyundaiwrc3.jpg

So, it can't be considered as 2001. So, because to be listed as 2001, it had to be nr 9 (Kenneth Eriksson/Steffan Paramder) or nr 10 (Alister McRae/David Senior). So it's clearly from 2002, not 2001.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subaru Impreza Rally Car'03: Because there isn't no driver names (Solberg/Mills or Solberg/Makinen) in GT6.
841.jpg

Real car:

subaru_impreza_rally_detroit_03_ac_04.jpg

No number plate in GT6:
841 (1).jpg

Real plate in GT6:
2003-impreza-wrc-2.jpg

It says "TM52 SRT".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subaru Impreza Rally Car'01: No name in passanger's windows (Richard Burns/Robert Reid), no number plate and it says on description "O Subaru não conseguiu mostrar o que valia".... But in truthness, Impreza WRC 2001 has won Driver's title with Richard Burns with 1 victory.
845.jpg

Real car:
2001-subaru-impreza-wrc-6.jpg

2001-subaru_impreza-02.jpg

Number plate says "X2 SRT".

Subaru Impreza Rally Car'99: No driver names (Richard Burns/Robert Reid) on passanger windows and no number plate.
maxresdefault.jpg

8580_subaru_impreza_wrc99_5_1999_finland_3.jpg

subaru-impreza-wrc-1999.gif

Number plate says "T12 SRT".

The thing with number plates is that a lot of works rally cars (the 1999 Impreza rally car is one I know for sure) get sold on to private buyers who still use the plates they were given. Having their number plate on there could run the risk of them being tracked and then stolen. Unlikely, but better to be safe than sorry.

The thing with number plates is that a lot of works rally cars (the 1999 Impreza rally car is one I know for sure) get sold on to private buyers who still use the plates they were given. Having their number plate on there could run the risk of them being tracked and then stolen. Unlikely, but better to be safe than sorry.
But imagine if PD asks permission to put their plate to Prodrive. If they would do with their permission, then it would end in the same way, right?

The infamous Volvo 240 and its weight. In the game it weighs 1890 kg of which 63% is on the front axle and 37% on the rear, meaning 1190 kg and 700 kg respectively. The figures are interesting as the real car has a curb weight of around 1350 kg with a weight distribution between 52/48 and 48/52 depending on options and equipment, thus the 700 kg on the rear axle is pretty much spot on. Where the extra 550 kg on the front axle came from is the big question.

At the moment it's a waste of a car that could actually have some potential. Sure it's slow but not that slow.
They STILL haven't fixed the Volvo 240 weight? PD should really know about all these inaccuracies. Also, they still didn't fix the Lister Storm weight, right? It's apparently supposed to be 2400 pounds, but it's 3164 in game, which sounds like they're quoting the road car.

842.jpg
842 (1).jpg

Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car'95, because the plates above of the number 1 are replaced by Rally Gran Turismo 2010. Moreover, there are no names of drivers and no flag (France) on hood although that French flag is on roof scoop. This car belongs to Didier Auriol/Denis Giraudet.

1995ToyotaAuriolM14.jpg

^ @Harsk100 re: Celica

The GT Rally logo are intended to symbolise a rally stage (try racing that, a 2008 WRC car, or the Quattro S1 WRC '86 on rally courses or Tokyo R246) and not an inaccuracy, since rally event plates change from event to event. (Or if you mean the GT logo above the car number, remember that also changes every rally event IRL, too). Also, the Celica WRC you posted has a biased car description (see my post at page 3).

💡

Back