List of cars represented incorrectly

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 462 comments
Is the V16 Cizeta represented correctly? Seems like a washer/dryer unit, never seen a more efficient spin cycle.
Well, if the car is still as it was circa 1.02, no. The wheel offsets are incorrect, despite being correct on the old Standard car.

Nissan 240SX, has the kouki 180SX body as well as a 2.0 litre turbo engine instead of a 2.4 litre N/A.

Opel Calibra V6 DTM. Its incorrectly labeled as 94 when it is clearly from 1996.

Edit: Nevermind, it is correct as it turns out. Disregard and carry on.

Last edited:
PD actually got that part right. The car posted in the other thread trying to claim the Vauxhall existed is the 1996 model. The one in the game is indeed the 1994 model:

02_Keke_Rosberg_im_Opel_Calibra_1994.JPG

From Team Joest's website.

Well, google search has failed me. Nevermind then.

The disclaimer that appears everytime you turn GT6 on adresses all of these issues so isnt this thread a bit pointless ?. It says something like cars in game may differ in shape, colour, & other ways from their real life counterparts.

So do many other similar games. What makes GT any different?

Has the Nissan R390 road car been mentioned? According to Wikipedia, it should have 550 horsepower and hit a top speed of 220 mph. Ever since the car first appeared in GT2, it has had only 350 horsepower and a ridiculous top speed of only 150, and I'm sure it hasn't changed with GT6. Am I missing something here? Do the ridiculous in game figures accurately reflect real life in some way? I don't think I'm missing something.

Also, does the Audi R10 still have 6 gears? I remember seeing a thread here mentioning it having one in GT5. If it has 6, that's also incorrect, as it should be a 5 speed.

Last edited:
The Lancia Stratos Rally '77 lacks the :Alitalia: logo, it's replaced by "Polyphony Digital".

Also, the Audi R18 and the Toyota TS030 are too slow in-game. Their real counterparts are faster.

And the Senna cars aren't all from UK, the DAP kart is Italian. ;)

That was intentional. They apparently removed it for licencing reasons after it had the logo in GT3 and GT4; seemingly because the "old" Alitalia went bankrupt in 2009.
how can it have licensing issues if the firm went bankrupt?
I don't think PDI would need an agreement to use a defunct firm's logo, bankrupt means the firm can't (and won't) afford lawyers to sue.

What makes GT different to what ? Your response is wierd. My point was PD put the disclaimer in for the fact that not all the cars are true to their real life counterparts so I dont get the point of this thread other than a moaning about issues PD told us about.

The Lancia Stratos Rally '77 lacks the :Alitalia: logo, it's replaced by "Polyphony Digital".

Also, the Audi R18 and the Toyota TS030 are too slow in-game. Their real counterparts are faster.

And the Senna cars aren't all from UK, the DAP kart is Italian. ;)
I would have to disagree with your statement on the Toyota and the Audi. The Toyota is running the high downforce Silverstone setup. If you want realistic speed at Lemans lower the downforce all the way. The Audi runs realistic speed for that year though.

I would have to disagree with your statement on the Toyota and the Audi. The Toyota is running the high downforce Silverstone setup. If you want realistic speed at Lemans lower the downforce all the way. The Audi runs realistic speed for that year though.

But how come it's nearly impossible to match in-game the quali time of the R18 in 2011 Le Mans of 3:25? Untuned the Audi lacks power.

But how come it's nearly impossible to match in-game the quali time of the R18 in 2011 Le Mans of 3:25? Untuned the Audi lacks power.
It has too much downforce, reduce it abit and you should get that time. I got that time after messing with the suspension too.👍

The disclaimer that appears everytime you turn GT6 on adresses all of these issues so isnt this thread a bit pointless ?. It says something like cars in game may differ in shape, colour, & other ways from their real life counterparts.
My point was PD put the disclaimer in for the fact that not all the cars are true to their real life counterparts so I dont get the point of this thread other than a moaning about issues PD told us about.
So the obvious question to you is this: Nearly a hundred posts into a thread where people are discussing the accuracy of vehicles (in many cases defending PD over what is incorrectly assumed to be an issue) modeled in the game where the director infamously once talked about modeling the stitching in the rear seats of Premium cars, how insightful did you truly think you were being by posting what essentially amounted to a complaint that the thread existed? There is direct evidence that PD being made aware of various issues with cars has led to them fixing them. The DLC Beetle, the V10 Audi R8, the 1991 NSX. All off the top of my head. The entire reason I made my thread in the GT5 days was in the hope that someone at PD would see it and take the 5 minutes it would take to fix most of the more grievous errors with car specifications. Should we still not say anything about it? And why did they fix them if that bit of legalese absolved them from needing to do so? That convenient little blurb technically gets PD out of dealing with any physics issues in the game either. Should we not discuss those either? Please, tell us what other threads have no point to you so we can have them locked.

Your disdain for the people posting in it is made obvious through you boiling the entire thread down to the hilarious "moaning about issues PD told us about", but I'm legitimately curious how much you thought people should care that you couldn't grasp why people wanted to learn about where PD might have gone wrong and discuss it; or defend PD where they in fact went right.

Last edited:
What makes GT different to what ? Your response is wierd..

I brought up that many similar games also have the same sort of disclaimer and asked what makes GT any different from them. What's weird about that?

Not sure how accurate www.ultimatecarpage.com is, but its a good reference for some of the in game car specs vs what they are in real life. I use this car a lot, for instance-

Mercedes CLK LM; GT6= 1000KG/ REAL= 940KG
nice link, bookmarked, even got F1's! :)

Is this the car: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/1082/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-LM.html ?

PDI may have used the specs of the previous model: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4281/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR.html
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4281/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR.html
Compare the displacement, torque, Length, Width & Height specs with your GT6 car, if they don't match, it's probably a(nother) typo or mistake on the website.
I doubt that car: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/5421/Ferrari-F138.html
really has 80bhp (the Mercedes F1 has 600-761) lol

nice link, bookmarked, even got F1's! :)

Is this the car: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/1082/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-LM.html ?

PDI may have used the specs of the previous model: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4281/Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR.html
Compare the displacement, torque, Length, Width & Height specs with your GT6 car, if they don't match, it's probably a(nother) typo or mistake on the website.
I doubt that car: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/5421/Ferrari-F138.html
really has 80bhp (the Mercedes F1 has 600-761) lol
The car in-game is the '98 year model with the v8 engine. That alone is much lighter than the v12 in the clk-gtr from '97.

Just noticed this on the Chevrolet Nova SS '70. The Chevrolet badge on the front is reversed/mirrored from the original.

Back