List of cars that shouldn't even be in this game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 201 comments
  • 14,823 views

Which of these cars are suitable for racing?

  • Volvo 240GL Wagon

    Votes: 36 10.1%
  • '88 Honda Accord 4 Door

    Votes: 19 5.3%
  • i-Miev

    Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Honda Fit Mini-Van

    Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Kubelwagen

    Votes: 22 6.2%
  • Volkswagen New Beetle

    Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Karmann Ghia

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Volkswagen Bus

    Votes: 13 3.7%
  • You can race them all

    Votes: 185 52.0%

  • Total voters
    356
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
No, really. I was sitting here tonight and got to wondering why some of these cars are even here. I don't mean the obvious ones like the Schwimmwagen, but some that are in NO WAY race cars. Some of the smaller cars that don't seem like they would be good for racing actually make great Rally cars, but some of these are just nuts. Why did they spend time modeling these?

And I DON"T mean cars you simply dislike!

I'll start it off:

Schwimmwagen
Kubelwagen
Volvo 240GL Station Wagon
Honda Fit Mini-Van (Jazz)
Dihatsu Move Mini-van
Suzuki Wagon R RR
Volkswagen Bora
Honda Accord 4 door
Suzuki Swift
i-Miev
 
Last edited:
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari Enzo
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren F1

Why did they waste their time with these horrible cars when they could have made me my latest model Honda Jazz? Seriously. PD is biased against the newer Japanese cars man...
 
I don't see anything wrong with the Volvo 240. Mine's kind of fun to drive.
 
They all belong. They're cars.
 
I don't see anything wrong with the Volvo 240. Mine's kind of fun to drive.

Except that my GRANDMOTHER drove one!

Seriously, what cars do you think shouldn't be here?
 
But....... I like my Volvo. :boggled:
 
Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, i-Miev, Suzuki Wagons, etc. For the time they spent on these, we could've had a Premium Veyron, Vanquish, R92CP or Furai:irked:

Although I really love the Cappucinos, so fun to drive:D
 
Except that my GRANDMOTHER drove one!

Seriously, what cars do you think shouldn't be here?

She has good taste. They're extremely reliable. My mom used to have one with 350,000 miles on it and it was still going strong. It handles ok too.
 
Please take note that GT5 claims to be the "Real Driving Simulator", not the "Real Racing Simulator". Those cars belong just as much as any other.
 
No, really. I was sitting here tonight and got to wondering why some of these cars are even here. I don't mean the obvious ones like the Schwimmwagen, but some that are in NO WAY race cars. Some of the smaller cars that don't seem like they would be good for racing actually make great Rally cars, but some of these are just nuts. Why did they spend time modeling these?

And I DON"T mean cars you simply dislike!

I'll start it off:

Schwimmwagen
Kubelwagen
Volvo 240GL Station Wagon
Honda Fit Mini-Van (Jazz)
Dihatsu Move Mini-van
Suzuki Wagon R RR

Try reading the information they give you for them for a start.

Then use them in races that don't have the "try hard knob" turned right up.

What is wrong with the Jazz? I have won races in mine before. Heavy, embarrassing victories as well.

Then understand that GT5 is a celebration of automobiles and in the real world 99% of cars have under 200hp.

In the extreme cases you may only be able to use them in one make races to be competitive but so what? A close race at 100hp is as exciting as any.

To finish, there will be plenty of people who want them in the game just not westerners.
 
They all belong. They're cars.

They all belong?

Mazda 110S (L10A) '67
Mazda 110S (L10B) '68
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68

All more or less the same car. Why not drop 3 of them, and make one different one?

This probably also goes for 75% of the skylines, mx-5s and s2000s.

I can understand the reasoning for including a Yaris/Vitz, to give us an impression of how they are for racing, BUT 10 OF THEM? Why? They dont behave differently at all, and you'd get as much variety having just one model and letting us tune it with the different tuning options.
 
One of the Suzuki Swifts. They look identical in the New Car Dealership..
 
One of the Suzuki Swifts. They look identical in the New Car Dealership..

I looked at those so long looking for a difference and found nothing.
 
No, really. I was sitting here tonight and got to wondering why some of these cars are even here. I don't mean the obvious ones like the Schwimmwagen, but some that are in NO WAY race cars. Some of the smaller cars that don't seem like they would be good for racing actually make great Rally cars, but some of these are just nuts. Why did they spend time modeling these?

And I DON"T mean cars you simply dislike!

I'll start it off:

Schwimmwagen
Kubelwagen
Volvo 240GL Station Wagon
Honda Fit Mini-Van (Jazz)
Dihatsu Move Mini-van
Suzuki Wagon R RR

This is the problem with this kind of lists, it's always kind of because you don't like this car. I mean a Honda Jazz is a normal car, no? It's not a strong or fast car but why does all cars have to be race cars? I would rather have 100 different slow grandma cars than 75 Skylines, althought I still think it is good to have a few of them but like 10 would be enough... and PD would have had some time doing other unique ones (guess it wasn't that difficult doing second and third Skyline than start a new car from scratch)...
 
Any Daihatsu, i'm sick of winning them in A Spec, pathetic...
 
Any Daihatsu, i'm sick of winning them in A Spec, pathetic...

I agree totally with the all the cars in the game have to be fast logic, but these cars are horrible. But I guess that's just me just disliking them. I'd keep the Midget though. Isn't Daihatsu made by Toyota or one of the big Japanese brands?
 
I could go without the Veyron... it handles like crap and looks like an ugly fat frog. For every Veyron in the game they could have modeled a Koenigsegg!!

All cars belong, whether you like it or not. There's bond to someone out there excited about a Daihatsu Midget...
 
but why does all cars have to be race cars?

Because it's A RACING game!

I'm a big fan of Volvos, truth be known. The S-60 is gorgeous. But some of these are in no way going to be on a track outside of this game. Cars like an '88 Honda Accord 4 door. This is not the driving to the grocery store simulator. If it is, then Kaz had better get to work on a BIG patch with a bunch of Kroger's in it.

I have a sneaking suspicion a bunch of PD employees simply wanted to either see their cars or the ones they had in high school...
 
Isn't Daihatsu made by Toyota or one of the big Japanese brands?

Daihatsu is semi independent, Toyota owns 51.2% of its shares but it has a unique line of cars that share little with any Toyotas.
 
There are too many variants of cars that are basically the same. Sometimes the only thing different is the car's name.
 
The slowpokes are some of the most fun cars of the game. And i don't really care about the dublicates as having them isn't away from anything else as there is no extra modeling time spent that couold be used elsewhere. That said they could have made some of the dublicates premium as i doubt that would have taken much extra time either (why have any standard r32 when they already have premium model of the car?).
 
Suzuki Wagon R RR
getuserimage.asp


Honda Fit Mini-Van (Jazz)
526309623_6fc0eb1ecd.jpg


Dihatsu Move Mini-van
kids_r10.jpg



Not too bad...
 
Last edited:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe

edit: oops, should've read the title, thought it said, cars that SHOULD be in the game hahaha.

Cars I feel that are completely useless is everything under 100hp + all the duplicates.
 
Every Car that is in GT5 deserves his spot !!
And by the way it is a Driving Simulator plus some Racing and not a pure Racing-game.

Well if you delete one of the duplicates there will be no replacement. Why ?? If they had the "new" car it would be in GT5 with all the other duplicates.
It is not a disc-space issue because there is plenty ;)
Think-->write-->read-->create Thread (before that search the Forum)
 
Recently bought a Bora V6 from the UCD and tuned up it actualy makes quite an entertaining car and beat some race cars at Eiger in an online race. Looked quite good too in matte black!
 
Back