List of cars that shouldn't even be in this game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 201 comments
  • 14,823 views

Which of these cars are suitable for racing?

  • Volvo 240GL Wagon

    Votes: 36 10.1%
  • '88 Honda Accord 4 Door

    Votes: 19 5.3%
  • i-Miev

    Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Honda Fit Mini-Van

    Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Kubelwagen

    Votes: 22 6.2%
  • Volkswagen New Beetle

    Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Karmann Ghia

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Volkswagen Bus

    Votes: 13 3.7%
  • You can race them all

    Votes: 185 52.0%

  • Total voters
    356
This thread is pointless, its a car game for collecting cars.

Should rename it "Cars you don't like and wish weren't in the game"
 
She has good taste. They're extremely reliable. My mom used to have one with 350,000 miles on it and it was still going strong. It handles ok too.

Used to have an 86 240 DL, when I got rid of her she had 320K miles on her. With good maintenance that car was indestructible.

They should put the 90's era 850R wagon in the game, too.
 
Why do you guys hate the kubel and achimmwagen? Remeber the top gear sepcial and the seasonal? Lots of fun for me

I dont want too much 'special' versions of japanese cars
 
Why do you guys hate the kubel and achimmwagen? Remeber the top gear sepcial and the seasonal? Lots of fun for me

I dont want too much 'special' versions of japanese cars

👍
 
D_B_Coop
I looked at those so long looking for a difference and found nothing.

Look at the wing mirrors - newer Suzuki Swift has integrated indicator repeaters
 
This thread is pointless, its a car game for collecting cars.

Should rename it "Cars you don't like and wish weren't in the game"

Why is it you never do anything but criticize other people's threads? Please feel free not to respond to any of mine, thank you.
 
X2010. Makes the game look like Ridge Racer.
 
kdryan
Why is it you never do anything but criticize other people's threads? Please feel free not to respond to any of mine, thank you.

He makes a good point.
 
He makes a good point.

Actually, no he doesn't. The thread is about cars like the Volvo wagon that have no business being in a racing game. He is trying to make it into a thread about complaining about cars.

It is a game about RACING cars. Collecting them is just a cool side benefit. At any rate, I'm not going to argue any farther about it.
 
A car that just shouldn't be in this game is the X1.
Also, if it was just a game about RACING cars, then there would be no fun as we wouldn't be able to hot lap road cars.
IRC the GT series started off so that you could race in normal cars?
 
A car that just shouldn't be in this game is the X1.

Agreed. Since when does Red Bull manufacture cars? I thought they made horrible tasting, overpriced energy drinks that are only palatable with vodka or Jagermeister. Having it be the best car in the game is rather insulting to the great RL car manufacturers, IMHO.
 
Agreed. Since when does Red Bull manufacture cars? I thought they made horrible tasting, overpriced energy drinks that are only palatable with vodka or Jagermeister. Having it be the best car in the game is rather insulting to the great RL car manufacturers, IMHO.

It's too out of this world, and is no fun to drive.
It doesn't have a place in Gran Turismo.
Although the FGT isn't a real car, it's challenging and fun to drive with it's unpredictable oversteer.
 
It is a game about RACING cars. Collecting them is just a cool side benefit. At any rate, I'm not going to argue any farther about it.

Well you brought up a pretty big argument there, what define a car as raceable or not??

People race reliant Robins, Nissan bluebirds, even lawnmowers, I don't see any logical argument in this thread, it's all down to what you don't like.
 
Last edited:
Well you bought up a pretty big argument there, what define a car as raceable or not??

A car that isn't road legal probably.
Like the Super GTs.
 
Agreed. Since when does Red Bull manufacture cars? I thought they made horrible tasting, overpriced energy drinks that are only palatable with vodka or Jagermeister. Having it be the best car in the game is rather insulting to the great RL car manufacturers, IMHO.

Sure they do...

red-bull-rb7.jpg
 
A car that isn't road legal probably.
Like the Super GTs.
I have no issue with the cars in the OP's original list. I do have an issue with the redundancy of cars, like the 350Z and the Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Cars, which I can't find any difference between (and I'll stress any difference).
 
Well, I think that there are cars that didn't worth the effort of modelling, like the old VW cars from World War II. However, GT is a game that gives importance not only to the powerful race cars, but instead it follows the car history with the different types of cars available, with key cars, some trucks, etc. Many people (including me) would prefer a FXX instead of a Swift, but we can't have everything.
 
Actually, no he doesn't. The thread is about cars like the Volvo wagon that have no business being in a racing game. He is trying to make it into a thread about complaining about cars.

It is a game about RACING cars. Collecting them is just a cool side benefit. At any rate, I'm not going to argue any farther about it.
It's a game that attempts to let you take your actual car, and race it.

If it moves, people will race it. There is a 24 hour 2CV race here in the UK every year. There is a 24 hour of Lemons which I'm sure people race 240 estates in. People race lawn mowers. GT attempts to let you race any car.

There is no car that shouldn't be in GT (although I think that the X2010 and the FGT and the 2 Ferrari F1s shouldn't be there, but that's just personal opinion. Others can drive them. I don't.)
 
I do have an issue with the redundancy of cars, like the 350Z and the Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Cars, which I can't find any difference between (and I'll stress any difference).
👍
 
Well you bought up a pretty big argument there, what define a car as raceable or not??

Any car is 'raceable.' Not any car will make for a good race. You don't see people racing Honda Accords and Volvos for a reason. They're not designed for it and were never intended to be raced. They are boring grocery getters. Street racers aside, outside of GT1-5 I would be willing to bet nobody does race them.

So perhaps I should have called the thread 'Cars unsuitable for racing' instead.

As for the collecting, I don't think it was marketed as a car collecting game so I wouldn't call it one, no matter how much fun it is.
 
Sure they do...

red-bull-rb7.jpg

Ah, the new Pirelli tyres, *sigh* :p

I have no issue with the cars in the OP's original list. I do have an issue with the redundancy of cars, like the 350Z and the Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Cars, which I can't find any difference between (and I'll stress any difference).

If road cars were removed, there would be limited enjoyment.
At the moment I personally am just taking stock road cars around the ring and enjoying it very much.
Just because a race car is faster than a road car doesn't make it more fun or enjoyable to drive.
As I've said in many other threads, Fiat 500 > X1 in terms of fun.
 
Also, this is very subjective.
 
If road cars were removed, there would be limited enjoyment.
At the moment I personally am just taking stock road cars around the ring and enjoying it very much.
Just because a race car is faster than a road car doesn't make it more fun or enjoyable to drive.
As I've said in many other threads, Fiat 500 > X1 in terms of fun.
Right, but the two cars I mentioned are not road cars, they are both Concept Le Mans race cars. The only problem is that the two concepts are geared toward different markets but in truth are exactly the same. I have no issue with including a J, NA, and an EU spec of the same car (as there will be differences there), but I see no difference between the two Z LM Concept Race Cars, even in livery (which would be a welcomed option). Its a small gripe I have about the DCC when compared to the Jag in sheep's clothing and the pitiful pitting the AI utilizes, but to see two identical cars in every single way is confusing.
 
Right, but the two cars I mentioned are not road cars, they are both Concept Le Mans race cars. The only problem is that the two concepts are geared toward different markets but in truth are exactly the same. I have no issue with including a J, NA, and an EU spec of the same car (as there will be differences there), but I see no difference between the two Z LM Concept Race Cars, even in livery (which would be a welcomed option). Its a small gripe I have about the DCC when compared to the Jag in sheep's clothing and the pitiful pitting the AI utilizes, but to see two identical cars in every single way is confusing.

I was talking about the thread as a whole.
However, I do agree that there are many cars in the game which have little difference, if any, between them.
Cars like Mazda MX-5s that are only different because of their name.
I'm sure that they weren't even significant in car history.
 
I was talking about the thread as a whole.
However, I do agree that there are many cars in the game which have little difference, if any, between them.
Cars like Mazda MX-5s that are only different because of their name.
I'm sure that they weren't even significant in car history.

Agreed. But as one should realize, this is a Japanese based company making a driving simulator/racing game, so I am not surprised that 6 of every 10 cars (roughly) is Japanese. I am also not surprised about the multiple iterations of certain cars (MX-5, RX-7, Skyline, S2000, NSX, Evolution) partially because these cars are popular in some circles (not necessarily yours) and they are quite enjoyable to drive (for some, not all). I'd prefer too much than having cars that "don't belong" in the game (using the don't belong for cars that have almost no excitement in my opinion, such as a Ford Explorer* or an FJ Cruiser).


*I should take back what I said, the Ford Explorer would be great to achieve the rollover trophy with.:dopey:
 
Agreed. But as one should realize, this is a Japanese based company making a driving simulator/racing game, so I am not surprised that 6 of every 10 cars (roughly) is Japanese. I am also not surprised about the multiple iterations of certain cars (MX-5, RX-7, Skyline, S2000, NSX, Evolution) partially because these cars are popular in some circles (not necessarily yours) and they are quite enjoyable to drive (for some, not all). I'd prefer too much than having cars that "don't belong" in the game (using the don't belong for cars that have almost no excitement in my opinion, such as a Ford Explorer* or an FJ Cruiser).


*I should take back what I said, the Ford Explorer would be great to achieve the rollover trophy with.:dopey:

I all boils down to PD not using their time effectively :(
 
Any car is 'raceable.' Not any car will make for a good race. You don't see people racing Honda Accords and Volvos for a reason. They're not designed for it and were never intended to be raced. They are boring grocery getters. Street racers aside, outside of GT1-5 I would be willing to bet nobody does race them.

I guess you don't realize you just mentioned two BTCC champions. :D

So what doesn't make a good racing car again?
 
Back