List of cars that shouldn't even be in this game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 201 comments
  • 14,821 views

Which of these cars are suitable for racing?

  • Volvo 240GL Wagon

    Votes: 36 10.1%
  • '88 Honda Accord 4 Door

    Votes: 19 5.3%
  • i-Miev

    Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Honda Fit Mini-Van

    Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Suzuki Swift

    Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Kubelwagen

    Votes: 22 6.2%
  • Volkswagen New Beetle

    Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Karmann Ghia

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Volkswagen Bus

    Votes: 13 3.7%
  • You can race them all

    Votes: 185 52.0%

  • Total voters
    356
Glad to see the Ghia barely getting votes. I love that car. One of the coolest VWs ever built!

But yeah, these may not all be "race" cars, but there are people everywhere with these cars that love to drive them. I'm sure they make appearances at autocross and similar events around the world. You can race anything ... it might not be ideal and probabyly wont win ... but you can still race it.
 
Tell you what should not be in the game:

Toyota Prius

It's more than horrible:yuck:

What was PD thinking when they put the Toyota Prius in GT4
 
Last edited:
Tell you what should not be in the game:

Toyota Prius

It's more than horrible:yuck:

What was PD thinking when they put the Toyota Prius in GT4

If I ever meet the guy who invented it, I would kick him in the crotch. :dopey:
 
i say none should be in this game _-_ raither i better gt5 had fighter planes superboats bullettrains guns :lol::lol: ah wait thats GTA4 :dunce: they all belong in gt5 there all cars :dopey:
 
To many Daihatsus. I mean 16 is overkill.

Also overkill: 27 are S2000s (2.66%)
30 are NSXs (2.96%)
59 are Skyline GT-Rs (5.81%)
18 are Z33/Z34 (1.77%)
27 are Lancers (2.66%)
33 are MX-5s (3.25%)
31 are RX-7s (3.05%)

That being said, I do enjoy the random cars like Accord EX '03. My wife loves it when I race with her daily driver. I love to compare lap times on cars I have actually driven with ones I most likely never will.
 
There are a lot of "duplicates", but they do no harm, and 100 duplicates could not simply have been 100 unique cars, the duplicates are there because it takes little or no time to add them.

The time it must take to change a a few colours or spec numbers or "fit" different wheels is surely minute compared to how long it takes to make the car in the first place.

I'd guess that the total time spent adding every single "duplicate" car in GT5 is still probably less than it takes to make one unique premium car from scratch.
 
Because it's A RACING game!

I'm a big fan of Volvos, truth be known. The S-60 is gorgeous. But some of these are in no way going to be on a track outside of this game. Cars like an '88 Honda Accord 4 door. This is not the driving to the grocery store simulator. If it is, then Kaz had better get to work on a BIG patch with a bunch of Kroger's in it.

I have a sneaking suspicion a bunch of PD employees simply wanted to either see their cars or the ones they had in high school...


Never been to the Nurburgring i take it?

I've even seen an old camper have go on it.
 
No, really. I was sitting here tonight and got to wondering why some of these cars are even here. I don't mean the obvious ones like the Schwimmwagen

How? :crazy:

picture.php


picture.php
 
Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, i-Miev, Suzuki Wagons, etc. For the time they spent on these, we could've had a Premium Veyron, Vanquish, R92CP or Furai:irked:

Although I really love the Cappucinos, so fun to drive:D

finally someone else that agrees that the cappucinos are fun to drive! 👍
 
This, they all belong. 👍

I mean of coarse they belong because they're cars but they could have reserved some of that space for better performing cars. but some of them are fun to drive when your pissing people off online
 
I mean of coarse they belong because they're cars but they could have reserved some of that space for better performing cars.
Reserved space? It was a space issue? Where did you read this?
 
Pontiac Vibe.


My friend was pissed that the Vibe was in the game but there wasn't a Grand-Prix GTP like he drives.
 
In my opinion the F1 (and FGT) and ridiculous Redbull 'thing' shouldn't be in the game, why - because there's other games that cater for F1 cars and historically GT/Gran Turismo (in real life) usually is associated with road cars or race cars, other than open wheeled singled seaters.

This has been argued ever since the Polyphony F1 cars were first included years ago and I completely agree that they shouldn't be there. 👍 This therefore goes for the X1 as an evolution of an F1 car as well.

It's a subjective point which cars should and shouldn't be here, but I don't think you can just add anything because it has four wheels. Gran Turismo by name, therefore Gran Turismo by nature IMO. :)
 
This has been argued ever since the Polyphony F1 cars were first included years ago and I completely agree that they shouldn't be there. 👍 This therefore goes for the X1 as an evolution of an F1 car as well.

It's a subjective point which cars should and shouldn't be here, but I don't think you can just add anything because it has four wheels. Gran Turismo by name, therefore Gran Turismo by nature IMO. :)
If people wish to use this argument then your argument really should be that Polyphony Digital picked a bad name, as even the first GT did not have exclusively GT cars. And by GT2 it was blatantly obvious that wasn't the goal.

It was intended to be an encyclopedia of cars from the beginning, just because some people want to get nit picky about PD's name choice doesn't change that fact.
 
If people wish to use this argument then your argument really should be that Polyphony Digital picked a bad name, as even the first GT did not have exclusively GT cars. And by GT2 it was blatantly obvious that wasn't the goal.

It was intended to be an encyclopedia of cars from the beginning, just because some people want to get nit picky about PD's name choice doesn't change that fact.

Observation not argument or being nit picky.

Intended as an encyclopedia? Really? It's a little one sided wouldn't you say? As it happens I voted for 'You can race them all' if you want me to 'nit pick'.
 
Observation not argument or being nit picky.
An argument is putting forth evidence to back up your opinion. That's what you did. That is why I used that choice of words.

Intended as an encyclopedia? Really? It's a little one sided wouldn't you say?
Yes, really. To save myself time I will just link you to the post I made which links to Kazunori Yamauchi saying that is his goal and why it isn't there yet, from 20 posts back.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194467&page=9#post5081964
 
Toyota Carina... why did they even bother?

Nissan Pao and Be-1... see above.
 
I have zero problem with any car at all being in GT5. The only significant gripe I have in terms of the car selection is that too many basic assessable daily-drivers and econoboxes have been rendered as premium, while so many inaccessible classics and historically important (or at least interesting) cars are still standard. That's a completely backwards set of priorities in my opinion.

(I also do think it would make more sense to work on broadening the selection somewhat and eliminating the high number of nearly-identical (mostly Japanese) models. But considering the number of other problems GT5 has, this is way down that list of "important things to work on.")
 
IVofRussia
Please take note that GT5 claims to be the "Real Driving Simulator", not the "Real Racing Simulator". Those cars belong just as much as any other.

I agree with this it's a driving simulator even the old Subaru 360 my and the guys just dometimes mess around and have a laugh with some of these old cars even if they only have 3 gears rofl
 
That's GT: you can race an F1 car and a Demio!

great isn't it?
 
Back