List of cars thats brakes glow hot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin Minato
  • 28 comments
  • 3,597 views
Messages
118
Messages
kminatz
can someone give me a list of cars thats breaks will glow.

i know the sls has glowing hot brakes
 
actualy only the Premiums and not sure if all of them but defenetly only premium
 
Im sure lots do, and ive seen my SLS, 07' GT-R, and ferrari 458 all get glowing brake discs.
 
No. PD isn't going to code certain cars to have glowing brakes. All of the cars in GT4 had glowing brakes and with a lot of them being clearly ported over as standards they will as well. Turn the brake bias all the way up on front or rear and brake from 100mph+ to 0.
 
It helps if you're racing in the dark, too, I presume. I haven't seen glowing discs even once, but I haven't been looking for them.
 
actualy only the Premiums and not sure if all of them but defenetly only premium
pretty sure most Standard car that you can see the discs glows too....consider that in GT4 they do so as well...

You just need to be able to brake hard enough from fast enough speed. The heavier the car(or faster) the more likely that on a hard stop you'll see the brake glow...
 
Like in the post A couplle above, you need to turn up the brake bias! :) Doesn't matter what car!.
 
GT Citroen Race Car's brakes glow quite quickly... I guess that's the same for all race cars.
 
picture.php


I had this a couple of days ago while I tried to drift. I was driving something like 270 and braked back to 65 Km/h but I couldn't control the car anymore because I braked to late. Usually you get this when you drive 310 and brake back to 70. ( Km per Hour )
 
picture.php


I had this a couple of days ago while I tried to drift. I was driving something like 270 and braked back to 65 Km/h but I couldn't control the car anymore because I braked to late. Usually you get this when you drive 310 and brake back to 70. ( Km per Hour )

I have the same rims on my viper that's paint not your brakes :drool:
 
I didn't know GT5 had glowing disc brakes......does it? :/


Either way, not all discs glow but it's very common with ceramic discs so that only leaves a bunch of cars in the game.
 
I have the same rims on my viper that's paint not your brakes :drool:

I almost got those rims on every car if I can equip it. It is not the paint that is red, you can see it on the other photo's. My rims color is silver chrome so it is impossible to be red when it doesn't glow. Check it yourself by driving over 320 and braking back to 70 ( KM per Hour ) with these rims and you will see.

You can see my rims colours here.

Glowing :

picture.php


Not glowing :

picture.php


picture.php
 
Last edited:
And I think that only premium cars get glowing brakes if I'm not wrong. I'm not sure.
 
Last edited:
Kind of Off Topic, but I went to a local stock car race (lower budget cars on 1/3 mile paved track) and it was memorable seeing all the glowing brakes. Mostly just the front brakes on these cars.
 
i found that this happens to lots of cars
 
Just like it was in GT4, the brake discs only start to glow after a few braking points. And the harder you'd braked, the more it will tend to glow. And unlike the glowing brakes in games like Forza where the disc would glow bright red even with the slightest amount of braking, the one in GT4 (and now 5) glows at different intensity for the obvious reason that it's temperature dependence.
 
Everyone that is saying that the standards brakes glow, please post pictures and while you are at it post pictures of reverse lights on standards.

Waiting......
 
I almost got those rims on every car if I can equip it. It is not the paint that is red, you can see it on the other photo's. My rims color is silver chrome so it is impossible to be red when it doesn't glow. Check it yourself by driving over 320 and braking back to 70 ( KM per Hour ) with these rims and you will see.

You can see my rims colours here.

Glowing :

picture.php


*** It looks like its the reflection of the red paint from the wall. The part of the wheel that is red in the photo is the actual wheel, not the disc. You've got the spokes in the middle and then the lip that looks to have screws in it and that's where the red is. For it to be the discs it would have to be red between (behind) the spokes, not on them. Chrome reflects and you can see red reflected in the door as well.
 
Was driving round Sarthe last night in my ZR1 and noticed the front disc brakes glowing at the end of the mulsanne straight, pretty dam cool!
 
What on earth have you done to those wheels? :crazy:

was half asleep and picked the wrong yellow. Was going for the Roger Penske/ Mark Donohue TA Sunoco Camaro. Haven't gone back to fix the wheels yet.

DSCF111129.jpg
 
was half asleep and picked the wrong yellow. Was going for the Roger Penske/ Mark Donohue TA Sunoco Camaro. Haven't gone back to fix the wheels yet.

DSCF111129.jpg

What on earth have they done to those wheels? :crazy:
 
I just tried 3 standard cars, braking from 240 kmh. None of them had glowing brake discs.
 
Back