List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

I also don't like the idea of putting the same car as Gr.3 (GT3) and Gr.4 (GT4). It's a lack of creativity or austerity taken to the last level.

Instead of Viper Gr.4, it should be Charger or Challenger.

Instead of the Corvette Gr.4, it should be Camaro.

Instead of McLaren 650S it should be 570S.

Also, what we are urgently in need of are new brands, like Bentley. Incidentally, I don't even know why Bentley hasn't appeared in GT yet, since it is a subsidiary brand of Volkswagen, which in theory has a good relationship with PD.

I wanted to see not only the new GT3 and GT4 cars, but also racing cars from the past to make up these categories. The BPR Global Series Era GT1 cars of the 94-96 years and the FIA GT1 of the 2000s would fit perfectly in the Gr.3 category. The cast is vast and has classic cars that in a AAA game could not be missing.
So how would you feel if PD were to add these then?

1694930983560.png

1694931006378.png

They both exist and will compete in their respective classes. Likewise, these have competed simultaneously on track with each other:

1694931134954.png

1694931156951.png

1694931227330.png

1694931255485.png

And don't even get me started with Super GT because the examples are quite numerous.

Edit: And I just remembered the current example from the last two years:

1694932878060.png

1694932910844.png

Last edited:
Also the 155 DTM doesn't have anywhere else to go either unless they added more classic DTM machinery
For all the brands that are currently in the game Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, it should be the easiest of all additions and a good reason for cars of a certain age.

After getting the Mazda 3, it’s really hard to try and pick what Gr.4 car would next. All the new to GT7 Gr.4 cars are NOT RWD.

We’ve seen any Gr.4 drivetrain can be competitive, due to PD’s BoP and programming parameters. However, adding cars based on current GT4 cars, seems to have taken a backseat. I can’t call what Gr.4 could possibly be next.

Any of the current real life GT4 cars are a logical choice. A 2019 R8 GT4 is logical. A 2019 Vantage GT4 is logical. All the GT4 cars in the OP. GT3 cars are being added damn near constantly(even if it’s just a livery and interior update). Now, with World Cup GT2 & GT3 Sport Mode players using the Gr.4 cars more than GT1 players, it would be good to showcase newer GT4 cars…..buuuut, Gr.3/GT3 are the meat of Sport Mode.

I expecting the new Civic Gr.4 and the Z Gr.4 , if i had to choose then the new Vantage would deserve refresh the most
That’s what I mean. The Suzuki and Genesis cars, unless gtplanet have more info about the partnership, may have just been those brands reaching out and wanting to be represented. Especially after seeing the Suzuki branded RC F GT3, in one of the World Tours.
Aston Martin is a legacy brand of the franchise. Would be the most logical of manufacturers to have up to date cars. Yet, we don’t have any. We got the Bilstein livery, instead of a new car.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Gr.4 Civic arrive before an updated RWD Gr.4 car.

The Ferrari deal is what I’d like to know about. The VGT is made, but no new real road and race Ferraris. Pirelli decals are not available. Just seems like Michelin being in partnership with PD, has rubbed Ferrari-Pirelli the wrong way.

That’s what I mean. The Suzuki and Genesis cars, unless gtplanet have more info about the partnership, may have just been those brands reaching out and wanting to be represented. Especially after seeing the Suzuki branded RC F GT3, in one of the World Tours.
Worth noting that Suzuki does not have partnership immunity in Manufacturers Cup for now.

Gr.4 has a bit of an identity crisis at the minute. If you look at the other groups, they're all fairly simple to place cars in:

• Gr.1 is prototype race cars
  • Gr.2 is top-of-the-line silhouette race cars and homologation specials
  • Gr.3 is GT3/E cars, as well as 80s-90s RWD race cars that are around 500BHP so can easily fit into a GT3 BoP
  • Gr.B is the catch-all WRC-style rally car group.
  • Anything pre-1980 doesn't go in a group even if it would otherwise fit
But Gr.4 is trying to be GT4, TCR, S-Tai, and whatever stuff like the WRX Gr.4 is trying to be all at once, and it makes it really hard to figure out what they'd want to add to it for a given manufacturer.

Gr.4 has a bit of an identity crisis at the minute. If you look at the other groups, they're all fairly simple to place cars in:

• Gr.1 is prototype race cars
  • Gr.2 is top-of-the-line silhouette race cars and homologation specials
  • Gr.3 is GT3/E cars, as well as 80s-90s RWD race cars that are around 500BHP so can easily fit into a GT3 BoP
  • Gr.B is the catch-all WRC-style rally car group.
  • Anything pre-1980 doesn't go in a group even if it would otherwise fit
But Gr.4 is trying to be GT4, TCR, S-Tai, and whatever stuff like the WRX Gr.4 is trying to be all at once, and it makes it really hard to figure out what they'd want to add to it for a given manufacturer.
WRX Gr.4 seems to be modelled after their Nurburgring 24 Hours race car, to which you can add VLN to the list.

EDIT: For myself, I consider Gr.2 to be the class for anything too fast/aerodynamic for Gr.3 and too slow/not aerodynamic enough for Gr.1 (just in case they add back the Z11SN).

Last edited:
The WRX is essentially the S-Tai car.
1697531770462.jpeg

Along with the Evo.
1697531811417.jpeg

The main reason for the confusion was to even have Tom read that the class is equivalent to GT4. Should have just said equivalent to Super Endurance(Taikyu) racing or production race car series around the world.

Like i said before you can easily fix Gr.4 - give it subclasses like Gr.4 FF/TCR class , Gr.4 4WD then a regular Gr.4 would be more like actual GT4

Last edited:
Thought I'd look at this in reverse too, and see what Gr.3/4 cars don't yet have their base road cars in the game:

These are the manufacturers with missing base cars:
  • Alfa Romeo has a road 4C but not a road 155. Not sure this is very likely.
  • Aston Martin has an early '10s Vantage but not a DB9 for the DBR9. A DB9 was a PS3 Premium so could definitely happen.
  • BMW do not have a road Z4 or M6. They do have an M4.
  • Genesis do not have a the base X Concept for their GR3. A variant of this concept car is coming this month in the form of their VGT, though. They do have a road G70.
  • Nissan do not have an R30 Skyline for the Silhouette. They do have an R34, an R35, and an S15 Silvia.
  • Volkswagen do not have a New Beetle in the game. They do have the VGT, and the base Scirocco was added for GT7 (wasn't in Sport when the Gr.4 was)

These manufacturers have base road cars (or close) for all of their Gr.3/4s:
  • AMG have a road SLS and both a '16 and a '20 road AMG GT for the two GT3s.
  • Audi have an R8 and a TT, though the R8 is older than the version the LMSs are based from.
  • Citroen has the GT by Citroen.
  • Chevrolet has road C7s in both base and ZR1 flavours.
  • Dodge have a road Viper, of course.
  • Ferrari have a road 458 Italia.
  • Ford has both the old and new GTs, and a Mustang.
  • Honda have the newer NSX.
  • Hyundai have the road Genesis. (aside: This needs an update to use a different car that isn't named after a different manufacturer, PD, it's very confusing!)
  • Jaguar have the F-type R.
  • Lamborghini have a road Huracán.
  • Lexus have a road RC F.
  • Mazda have all of an Atenza, a Mazda3, and the RX-Vision concept car. (The RX-V is one where the base car came later)
  • McLaren have a 650S and the road F1.
  • Mitsubishi have an Evo X.
  • Peugeot have their VGT and the RCZ.
  • Porsche have a 991 and a road Cayman (that was added as GT7 DLC so was another one that was race car first).
  • Renault have a road Mégane; the RS01 is unique in Gr.3 in that it does not have a base road car.
  • Subaru has both a WRX and a BRZ.
  • Suzuki have their VGT and a modern Swift.
  • Toyota have all of an 86, a GR Supra, an A80 Supra and the FT-1 VGT.

With the recent news that got me thinking and with that old rumour that those GTE cars were scanned

especially those 3 cars - Vantage, Ford and 488 GTEs , those must have been scanned during 2018-2019 because the new Vantage started in 2018

it would make sense since these brands had the oldest Gr.3 race cars and the GTR "Evo" was already in the works

thing that is odd - why they only added the Ford GT GTE on GT7 release and not those other two is a big mystery

Last edited:
thing that is odd - why they only added the Ford GT GTE on GT7 release and not those other two is a big mystery
Licensing? Maybe they weren’t ready? Maybe they needed more sound recordings or something? Maybe they weren’t planned at all and we only made things up? :D

I just hope that this rumor is real and we will get them in GT7 update not in GT8…

Licensing? Maybe they weren’t ready? Maybe they needed more sound recordings or something? Maybe they weren’t planned at all and we only made things up? :D

I just hope that this rumor is real and we will get them in GT7 update not in GT8…
if they didn't have the licensing then they wouldn't been able to scan them - if that was a sponsor issue then they would simply remove said sponsor so thats unlikely

more likely that it required more work but still it is odd to me

Last edited:
if that was a sponsor issue then they would simply remove said sponsor so thats unlikely
You know PD… sometimes they are so pedantic about some minor details that I would not be surprised if they decided not to remove some sponsors and instead they waited for some agreements etc ;) we wil never know. I just hope we will get all of them sooner than later. :)

Well, we got that 2010 Aston and that’s not an accurate Gulf livery. Similar to the RSR. Tag Heuer is on that Aston in the video. Maybe that was a hold up when it was scanned.

I’ve got no clue at all, but this is the reveal livery.
Judging by the AMG Evo and R8 Evo it will most likely use the default reveal livery
You know PD… sometimes they are so pedantic about some minor details that I would not be surprised if they decided not to remove some sponsors and instead they waited for some agreements etc ;) we wil never know. I just hope we will get all of them sooner than later. :)
There is a similiar story with the 458 GT3 if you ever wondered why it is plain red - in early GT Sport it supposed to have AF Corse livery almost without any sponsors
GTS_old_garage_with_PP.jpg

but then PD decided to remove that and use plain red livery since then :dopey:

Last edited:
I believe the TCR cars would serve the Gr.4 very well, updating the current car list. In fact, it is very strange that PDI has never brought even one TCR car, be it a Toyota or a Honda.

The Toyota Saitama Toyopet GR Supra GT300 '23 will possibly be added in the future, considering it is the champion car for the 2023 season.

TOYOTA SUPRA GT300.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the TCR cars would serve the Gr.4 very well, updating the current car list. In fact, it is very strange that PDI has never brought even one TCR car, be it a Toyota or a Honda.
they fit Gr.4 but i would have used a subclass like Gr.4 - TCR class where most touring cars would be FF cars

also latest Mazda3 Gr.4 can be counted as a TCR car , while the real TCR car didnt raced but it was planned

but still i am suprised that don't have that new Civic Gr.4 yet

Last edited:
Aston Martin Vantage GT3 '24

View attachment 1317696
I don't really understand what's going on with this car in particular. Supposedly it's a Vantage, but it's got DBS headlights. The car in your photo was a test car, and it's not due to be "unveiled" until Feb 12, but three of them already raced at Daytona with "disguised" headlights. Not sure why Aston didn't just make it look like the Vantage it's supposed to be, unless they're about to refresh the Vantage to make it match the race car.

aston-martin-gt3-at-daytona.webp

GD54sugXQAATULO

I don't really understand what's going on with this car in particular. Supposedly it's a Vantage, but it's got DBS headlights. The car in your photo was a test car, and it's not due to be "unveiled" until Feb 12, but three of them already raced at Daytona with "disguised" headlights. Not sure why Aston didn't just make it look like the Vantage it's supposed to be, unless they're about to refresh the Vantage to make it match the race car.

aston-martin-gt3-at-daytona.webp

GD54sugXQAATULO
It's the same car, you can check the body details. The green lanterns are stickers and I believe they were placed to deceive. In this official version, they have added spoilers.

GGGEPw9XEAAVB6a.jpg

images (29).jpeg

Last edited:
Back