Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

It's an admittedly extreme comparison! I only meant it in the sense that these are all top competitors in their respective series. Hizal is certainly that in the FIA although TBF, this isn't an apples to apples comparison. In the end, I don't want to be too hard on Hizal. He is one of my favorite FIA drivers, and I was pulling for him against Fraga today. But I think he might regret letting up the way he did when he has a chance to cool off. But hey, he is human and we all make mistakes. I will be there cheering for him again at the next event, and I hope to see him on the top podium step soon.

Imagine if Senna was the only driver directly sponsored by the FIA and their competitors weren't. Do you think everything would be the same? Do you think his competitors would even entertain the idea of being in a competition with him under those conditions? There you have your little comparison made more accurate.

I would just refuse taking part in this nonsense (as many have done already). Igor is a great driver and competitor but he needs to learn how to lose with dignity instead of winning like this. Now we're left wondering if he's pressured by PD/GT "to win, whatever it takes" or not. Or if the steweards are more relaxed when he's involved because he's PD's posterboy.

If PD wants to sponsor him IRL (and I think they should because he's an amazing talent), he shouldn't be allowed in Gran Turismo's esports competitions. It's not fair for the other competitors, regardless of how unbiased the parties say they are. Get him a place in the event as a commentator, making some laps, showing off new content for the game, etc. But having him racing and, at the same timd, being sponsored, is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Guys, about the securing a spot for the World Finals thing :

- I don't think it transfers to 2nd place if 1st has already secured his ticket
- It doesn't matter anyway as all Nations spots for any World Tour event are mathematically locked in since the 1st Top 16 race pretty much. A lot of people have stopped doing Nations after stage 1 and top split lobbies just don't give enough points anymore to overtake the people who had good races early on. Nations competitors will be the same as today in Salzburg, Tokyo and Monaco, bar maybe a couple guys. Only Manufacturers will see different people from today competing.

Imagine if Senna was the only driver directly sponsored by the FIA and their competitors weren't. Do you think everything would be the same? Do you think his competitors would even entertain the idea of being in a competition with him under those conditions? There you have your little comparison made more accurate.

I would just refuse taking part in this nonsense (as many have done already). Igor is a great driver and competitor but he needs to learn how to lose with dignity instead of winning like this. Now we're left wondering if he's pressured by PD/GT "to win, whatever it takes" or not. Or if the steweards are more relaxed when he's involved because he's PD's posterboy.

If PD wants to sponsor him IRL, he shouldn't be allowed in Gran Turismo's esports competitions. Get him a place in the event as a commentator, making some laps, showing off new content for the game. But having him racing and, atm, being sponsored, is just ridiculous.

Let it go, bud. You are just rambling at this point.

One thing that wasn't clear: did Hizal get a place at Monaco, as Igor already qualified?
Yes, Mik is in the world final as Igor has already qualified earlier.
We haven't been able to confirm this, and we're at the venue (although as established with @DesertPenguin, I'm not - but we use instant messaging to keep the team in contact with each other).

We haven't been able to confirm this, and we're at the venue (although as established with @DesertPenguin, I'm not - but we use instant messaging to keep the team in contact with each other).

Thanks @Famine, if you could let us know, that'd be grand.
I'm a little surprised this wasn't cleared up beforehand tbh...

Would've helped Hizal be a little less stressed!

Seems to taken the light off a certain driver pulling off probably the most egregious bit of dirty driving seen in a world tour. Unbelievable.

It's a great point. Fortunate timing that the drama at the front has overshadowed this. I see some calling for a ban for Cody, but IMO that might be harsh. Although I do think he earned every bit of that 10-sec penalty!

Si after what happened today I think that "We are all friends" on live events Is gone with some players like Fraga and Cody not being well seen by the rest of drivers and PD stewarding it is more fragile than ever (even though the 5 seconds penalty is the right call) on drivers and spectators eyes

Thanks @Famine, if you could let us know, that'd be grand.
I'm a little surprised this wasn't cleared up beforehand tbh...

Would've helped Hizal be a little less stressed!
During the race the commentators specifically said the runner-up would not get an automatic place in the final. Should Fraga win.

Although I don’t see any scenario where Hizal doesn’t get a place. Either by winning or an invite.

If PD wants to sponsor him IRL (and I think they should because he's an amazing talent), he shouldn't be allowed in Gran Turismo's esports competitions. It's not fair for the other competitors, regardless of how unbiased the parties say they are. Get him a place in the event as a commentator, making some laps, showing off new content for the game. But having him racing and, atm, being sponsored, is just ridiculous.
You're ignoring something very important: how many of today's contestants do race in real life? Anyone besides Igor? Why would PD sponsor someone that doesn't? This isn't corruption.

And if you're lucky enough to have a potential F1 future racer playing your game, why wouldn't you capitalize on that? I definitely would. It's good marketing after all. And it's not like PD is providing Igor a faster car than the others competitors. IMO PD and us should be proud that one of us is a talented real life racer.

You're ignoring something very important: how many of today's contestants do race in real life? Anyone besides Igor? Why would PD sponsor someone that doesn't? This isn't corruption.

And if you're lucky enough to have a potential F1 future racer playing your game, why wouldn't you capitalize on that? I definitely would. It's good marketing after all. And it's not like PD is providing Igor a faster car than the others competitors. IMO PD and us should be proud that one of us is a talented real life racer.
Nick McMillan was a GT Academy driver and has done real world endurance races. I believe another driver there has also been through the GT Academy.

Don't think you need to worry about Mikail making it into the world finals.
20190825234544927.png
20190825234316478.png

Read again till the end, because I'm not against PD sponsoring Igor IRL. I'm against PD doing that while at the same time allowing him to participate in the esports competition. I think I was pretty clear.

Read again till the end, because I'm not against PD sponsoring Igor IRL. I'm against PD doing that while at the same time allowing him to participate in the esports competition. I think I was pretty clear.
I know, but why wouldn't PD allow him to race at their events? Like I said it is good marketing.

Well iracing may try this soon... will be interesting to see how it works out in real competition.

The repechage would've been zero finishers :)
Maybe they wouldn't do a race like that if they had damage on. Even light damage is enough to put you to the back when the field is that close together. It will still punish them but they can try to fight back. Heavy damage with a pit stop would completely take someone out of a race.

To be honest I don't know why they did SF19s at Blue Moon Speedway to begin with. Everyone was banging against the wall after turns and banging into other drivers. It was nonsense. For an FIA event that should have been better. Maybe never use an oval in these events again.

Conflict of interest.
Well, the World Tours doesn't even award money prizes (at least that I'm aware of). And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the stewards come from FIA, not from PD.

And would you ban Toyota from Manufacturers Cup because Toyota and PD are official partners?

Last edited:
My comments from waking up and seeing all the socials (I've only watched the whole manufacturers stream and highlight clips from nations so i'll be watching it sometime today)

"He's blocking"
Just another Nik Mak paddy whack
Miyazono driver of the day appears to be well deserved
Can't wait to watch all the other incidents that everyone is talking about

Latest Posts

Back