Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

Did everyone go crazy or am I blind? If the incident happened on lap 16, the only thing I see is Fraga slowing down to let Hizal go right after the La Source turn. When Eau Rouge comes ahead, Hizal was already ahead of Fraga with a clear track in front? How did Fraga's supposed lifting at Eau Rouge affected Hizal, honestly?

From what I've seen, thought the 5 sec penalty was not deserved. Igor is a pro and that was a beautiful move. As for Cody, I'm ok with him being a bit cocky and arrogant, but jesus christ, what he did to Miyazono (what a genius, btw. Was rooting for him) was ugly.

Regardless of what happened and who's right, Igor's mentality is a strength. Hizal is clearly in disadvantage in this aspect.

Miyazono is my Michelin Driver of the Day. Congrats to everyone that raced today, it was a very entertaining to watch as always!
Lap 17 was the problem, not the lap 16 letting Mikail go.

You are missing the point. He let up, and there is no excuse around that. Period. Penalty wasn’t known, yes, but what if Fraga had gone wide and left himself open for a move? Hizal was nowhere to be found. I can’t defend that kind of behavior. I’m not defending Fraga’s behavior here. I thought it was bush league, but there is blame on both sides here IMHO.

If, if, if. What we had was a dirty move from a driver who should know better, who's sponsored by PD and who didn't get a penalty until after the race.

You're somehow more bothered by Hizal's "kind of behaviour", which is not up to your standards, than by everything I mentioned above. Good on you!

If, if, if. What we had was a dirty move from a driver who should know better, who's sponsored by PD and who didn't get a penalty until after the race.

You're somehow more bothered by Hizal's "kind of behaviour", which is not up to your standards, than by everything I mentioned above. Good on you!

I happen to not like quitters, but that’s just me. If you do, then good on you my friend. 👍 “He kept blocking me so I just decided to fall back and finish 2nd.” That mentality sounds ridiculous when you spell it out. Do you think Senna would have “let up” and just accepted his fate and finished a distant 2nd? Would Hamilton? Would Schumacher? Seems unlikely to me.

Last edited:
I was actually on Hizals side initially. Fraga's "lift" was wrong. Full stop, no excuses. I also think a 5 second penalty was a fair reprimand. Then Hizal just... gave up? What if Fraga spun? What if he was given a penalty during the race?

Not buying the saving fuel BS either. He lost 3-4 seconds within one lap and then like 1.6 seconds over the next 3 laps. He got emotional, which affected his driving. Very little mental fortitude in him. Why not leave the fuel saving till the very last lap? Winners never quit and quitters never win.

To end the fuel debate, the way I see it, IF what Hizal was saying is all true, Fraga would have repassed him anyway and the result didn't change. I would 100% be on Hizals side if Fraga received no penalty, but he did. A ****** action received a suitable punishment. Fraga isn't the reason Hizal lost, Hizal is.

The moment where I fully lost my sympathy for Hizal is that sit down interview. Ignoring him being awkward af (Montoya was right) he called Fraga's slipstream tactic and defence out of the kemmel straight dirty. Yeah, no. Fraga had track position, was on the racing line AND ahead by a decent margin. He had absolutely no reason to leave you space. Happens in F1 ALL THE TIME.

As for the slipstream tactic, that was just genius. I remember the Canadian go I think it was when Alonso and Hamilton were dueling and one deliberately slowed down to gain drs advantage on the other. It's just called being smart. Fraga used the mechanics of the game to his advantage without breaking any rules. DiRtY dRiViNg my ass.

Honestly Hizal may be a very good driver. But tonight has massively lost my respect for him as a racer.

I happen to not like quitters, but that’s just me. If you do, then good on you my friend. 👍 Do you think Senna would have “let up” and just accepted his fate and finished a distant 2nd? Would Hamilton? Would Schumacher? Seems unlikely to me.
Senna didn’t let up and was thoroughly punished by the French favouring FIA for it one year racing against Prost. He was disqualified from the Japanese GP.

My two cents on the final race:

Miyazono absolutely drove his ass off and won our hearts. Could've maybe even won it if Latkovski didn't make his move. Not going into that, pretty obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes what happened.

Shout out to Coque, silently got himself a 3rd place. For me the most consistent driver on GT and just seems like a likeable guy in general.

On the Fraga/Hizal incident:
Fraga's move was unfair, he knows, we all know. It's not the first time penalties were being rewarded post-race, so we all knew that was going to happen.

Seeing how Nik got a 10 second penalty for ruining a potential winner's race, a 5 second one for Igor seems fair. 5 seconds is still a big penalty. People shouting that it's only 5 to let Igor stay in first, are being a bit unfair IMO. Penalties should not be given based on gaps but on the accident purely.

He served his penalty and still stayed first which is fair. Getting a penalty =/= losing a position in my book. We could go on about theories what could've happened if Mikail passed Fraga... Those remain unknown.

Mik's interview did leave me a bit dissapointed. It's ok to be mad about decisions but taking shots at PD for being "biased" is a bit of a low shot if you ask me. They made their decision which is a fair one IMO.

I wonder how they and the watchers would react when watching iRacing's Porsche Cup, where actual big prize money is up for grabs. I've seen moves on there that surpass everything I've seen on these World Tours so far.

I don't like Hamilton but he lifted a bit before Eau Rouge, he didn't get off the throttle for a full second through the middle of Radillon. In real life, even if he didn't cause a serious accident, he would've defo gotten a race ban and like 10 points on his license.
But Hizal shouldn't have given up so that's on him.

On another note, what about that Indy at Pocono-like race in the Repechage? That is simultaneously, the stupidest, and the best idea for a race possible...
Yeah but he didn’t and even before Eau Rouge he still will carry less speed through the whole corner because of the lift off. And still. Vetel lost this one because of that move. I think Fraga will drive in F1 in a few seasons he is not only sponsored by PD he is sponsored by McLaren same academy that actually produced Hamilton and i think same academy that teaches both this move trough Eue Rouge. I actually think that Fraga is better driver than last year because he don’t cave under pressure as he did last season.

I remember the Canadian go I think it was when Alonso and Hamilton were dueling and one deliberately slowed down to gain drs advantage on the other

They were side by side at the time when they both lifted, so it's hardly blocking

Senna didn’t let up and was thoroughly punished by the French favouring FIA for it one year racing against Prost. He was disqualified from the Japanese GP.

No need to be pedantic. That fact has zero to do with the original point and we all know that. ;) Apples to oranges, etc.

The fact that you think I was being pedantic shows you’re actually the one who missed the point.

Sure, bud. It seems clear that the argument is would they act that way in the SAME SITUATION. Not in some random F1 race decades ago. But I suppose that’s lost on you somehow. No worries, you roll with that if that works for you.

I happen to not like quitters, but that’s just me. If you do, then good on you my friend. 👍 “He kept blocking me so I just decided to fall back and finish 2nd.” That mentality sounds ridiculous when you spell it out. Do you think Senna would have “let up” and just accepted his fate and finished a distant 2nd? Would Hamilton? Would Schumacher? Seems unlikely to me.

Not sure if serious...

This is why I hardly race online. This type of stuff isn't relegated to trolls as shown in these races, but even the so-called 'best'. You can imagine how random races are in sport mode. The penalty system can be and is gamed. Ruining your closest competitors race and getting a lenient penalty is common practice from my experience. They try but mostly it's more harm to the innocent party.

All in all the whole story made the most damage for the event. If dangerous driving gives you just a 5s penalty you admitting its just a game and it does not matter what fancy brands you take as partners.
No. This incident and story took the event to another level. For my money it was already one of the best.

Brake checking and gamesmanship happens at every level of the sport. Right to the very top. The very same move was made numerous times in the last Spa WEC round. It’s the kind of stuff Senna & Schumacher where always accused of. You could say it’s sour grapes as they always found a way to win when the odds where against them.

On track and personal drama is what sport is all about.

Sure, bud. It seems clear that the argument is would they act that way in the SAME SITUATION. Not in some random F1 race decades ago. But I suppose that’s lost on you somehow. No worries, you roll with that if that works for you.
Yeah you’re the one who brought up Senna in the first place to bolster your argument and now that it backfires on you, you’re all “random decades ago.”

Stewards are... not good. Again.

Ironic in a digital game the experience is ruined by analog decisions.
Feel like the stewards just make descisions based on thin Air, its seems there is no set of rules with fixed penaltys for Standard situations, Racing Without a Clear Set of Rules will keep causing situations where stewards award bigger penaltys for misjudgements like in latkofski,s Case then for igor Deliberately Slowing Down on The Racing Line,

Ps: Great, Precedent set by a Sponsored GT Driver for the Daily Race at Spa Next Week :banghead:

Last edited:
All in all the whole story made the most damage for the event. If dangerous driving gives you just a 5s penalty you admitting its just a game and it does not matter what fancy brands you take as partners.

???????

A lot more dangerous driving in real life receives even lighter penalties or none at all. What is this awful point lol

Last edited:
Back