Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

This so much. There is very little info on the screen. When they go Drivers POV,all the things should be shown.

Even the fastest lap isnt shown which is a must i think.

I don´t agree that all the info should be shown..., strategys are personal and a key factor to win so every pilots must do theirs.

I agree that best lap should be shown, it´s very odd that they don´t show it.

have you really only been playing sport mode because you think you'll become a top tier racing driver, rather than just accepting that it is a core ranked online mode, which allows the fastest drivers the opportunity to go to some cool organised events?
I just wanted to make progress towards the total wins/poles trophies, really. Maybe the in-game achievements like consecutive clean races, too. But it turns out it’s all pointless, and we’re all just there to feed DR to the best drivers.

It’s just like real life. We’re all just here to give value to people who will always be better and more successful than us.

I just wanted to make progress towards the total wins/poles trophies, really. Maybe the in-game achievements like consecutive clean races, too. But it turns out it’s all pointless, and we’re all just there to feed DR to the best drivers.

It’s just like real life. We’re all just here to give value to people who will always be better and more successful than us.

It's a game

I liked to follow the event but I found the final not very dignified, I am sincere, I do not want to trigger controversy but the choice of the judges to penalize Fraga ONLY when the race ended when it was also evident from the Chamber of TRL that something is not went well. Of course, they are both very strong drivers of the GTS but in my opinion if that correct penalty was inserted in the current race we will probably now be proclaiming a new champion. IMHO

Well sorry for being late :lol: I was asleep when the Finals happened so I only get to watch the uploaded videos.

Oh hey Mike :D have you managed to cool off now? The tension after the race was so palpable, I could almost touch it :lol:

Well in that case, the way I see it, Fraga played dirty and Mike here over-committed to his attack, causing him to use way more fuel than he should. The main issue here is what Fraga did, that throttle lift was uncalled for. Yeah sure, maybe Mike overtaking Fraga would not have made any difference because he wouldn't have been able to hold on to the lead with his fuel level. Maybe the situation could have been avoided? I dunno. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Fraga is willing to get his hands dirty. This is all one big mess, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Yeah no worries. I only need a night to really calm myself down and get my motivation up hehe.

I forget which race it was, but I think it was the MFG, since you were in the AMG.....but right at the start you veered to the right towards the wall and seemed to slow down, then 2 or 3 cars passed you. What happened? Was there a glitch or something? I'm sure there was more we couldn't see, it just looked like an odd start...like maybe a wheel malfunction or maybe you were pushed or something.
I was referring to the repechage race. My manufacturer race I went wide to take an appropriate line rather than be super defensive and reactive allowing everyone to pounce on you. But Lexus didn’t have that sense and continued to throw it inside onto the apron and just caused a crowded pack they ended up getting the worst of. Lesson learned. Going for everything in turn 1 isn’t always the best idea. A lot of these guys at the events have no composure and just shoot for every chance they see rather than maintaining a good pace and allowing the field to stretch out then go for your pass.

Last edited:
He was sitting right next to me

Are you saying he was screenwatching as well? Is that generally common in these events?

Genuinely not sure what you're not understanding here. The faster car would be in front of the slower one which would be further compromised by dirty air, increased tyre wear etc. S v M was worth circa 2 secs a lap in clean air.

Did you forget Hazal going to a leaner mix?

Hazal with clean air and soft tires was still losing time each lap compared to Fraga, most likely due to a leaner mix.

Your only counter is saying that Fraga in dirty air would have him lose so much tire wear and aero that there would be a 6 second difference which is absurd.

Are you saying he was screenwatching as well? Is that generally common in these events?

Hazal with clean air and soft tires was still losing time each lap compared to Fraga, most likely due to a leaner mix.

Your only counter is saying that Fraga in dirty air would have him lose so much tire wear and aero that there would be a 6 second difference which is absurd.

My name is Hizal by the way haha. Nah but he was waiting for my tyre choice for the first stint but can't forbid him that. Anyway let's head onto Salzburg wohoooo

Yup, you're missing some fundamental points here. Hizal would have been in front of him on a track on which you can't easily overtake on for half the lap, especially if you have less grip. If he's in front, Hizal is dictating the pace. Fraga couldn't have gone as fast if he's sat behind Hizal and while he's there Hizal is saving the fuel he needs to.

There are numerous situations where the driver behind had much more pace but couldn't actually do anything with it. For two well known examples see, Monaco 1992, Imola 2005.

If I've got a McLaren P1 and I'm sat behind a tractor on a single lane road, I can only go as fast as the tractor until such a time as I can overtake it safely.

That's certainly your call, but I'd suggest the value equation here is a little off-kilter. Here's the prize that, for some reason and despite two years of coverage of this on GTPlanet, you thought you'd get for winning and you class as worth the effort:

*A racing licence (£250 value)

Here's the prize the 2018 winners actually got, which is seemingly not worth the effort:

*A 20-inch tall, 40lb bronze casting of a futurist sculpture
*A trophy only given to motorsport world champions
*Equal stage space with the world champions of F1, F2, F3, rally, WEC, the winners of LM24
*At least two other crystal trophies
*A £1,000 TAG Heuer watch (or two)
*At least two all-expenses holidays to Monaco and St. Petersburg

Of course you'd get one crystal trophy and the holiday to Monaco in both the fictional case and the real one - got to be at Monaco, and win, to get the overall prize after all.

However, given that you think "esports is a cancer" and you don't have the time to put in to raise your DR from 21k to the 70k+ you need to even qualify, I suggest you just kick back and have fun with it rather than focusing on a prize you're not likely to win.
I think they all got a TGT too, maybe just some or all of the nations cup guys not sure if manu guys got one

Edit: Just remembered all the free puma gear, but everyone gets that, they are pretty sweet

Last edited:
We really need a proper rulebook to determine what is and isn't fair in these races. The rules have to be set in stone so that drivers and spectators know what to expect for certain infringements. We can't run these events properly if farcical decisions are made without any rhyme or reason. Drivers also need to be briefed before every round, going over each detail so that no-one is in the dark about the rules and expectations. If PD want to make this series 100% legit, they have to treat it as a real motorsport event and do things properly.

After looking back some more vids on GTTV I must say that indeed @TRL LIGHTNING has been racing cleanly and seems to be fair on track. Giving others room and not forcing people of track deliberately. Mr Fraga instead should seriously lighten up a bit in the way he drives. Giving a bit more room and not forcing one of the track even if you got the line would make it so much classier. The excuse Fraga handed out in the interview makes no sense at all. Who on earth goes through the fastest corner of the circuit, top hill and decides to lift off? Why didn't he simply lift off on the straight that followed just afterwards. Would be a lot safer place to do it. No this action was just to force TRL into an error and mess up his race.

My remark of "kids playing videogames" was unjustified and I apologise since I only saw the accident and a few other snippets. In general the racing was good. Accidents happen but unsportmanship should be banned. In all honestly, what is there at stake? Nothing serious and I think those top players must not forget that they are in someway an example for many youngsters that want to get into e-Sports. Give and Take is what counts on the track.

Last edited:
I've not said much about the Live Event that hasn't been talked about A LOT. However, my highlight of the weekend:

Jimmy: Ant, oval race coming up. Of course my favourite fact about you is you like your oval racing. Do you reckon that will help you out here?

Ant: No.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The repechage races have proven to be the stupid crazy fun races to watch. However I really don't think these formats are the best way to decide who gets to go into the final. I think perhaps @anthaliscious agrees!

Then maybe I’m realizing that I’ve had enough of it. Just like how I’ve sometimes felt about my life.

Dude, seriously, if it's not fun, don't do it. And that counts for a lot of stuff besides GT Sport. Find something you enjoy and do that as much as you can. Life is hard enough without investing spare time and effort in to things you don't enjoy.

Further to this, I woke up this morning thinking about it and feeling a bit concerned about @MIE1992 . I think video games are brilliant but I am also aware they can be anything but. I have seen it cause serious upset, distress and behavioural issues in young relatives, mostly playing FIFA. I know myself when I used to play FIFA that I could feel it having an adverse affect on me due to the characteristics of the game and the way it's designed to hook you. When I felt that, I stopped playing. When it happened again, I sold the game. I don't buy FIFA titles anymore.

GT can be infuriating, for sure, but it's about how you engage with it. You can time trial against yourself so it's just you vs the clock. You can play the game offline and rack up credits and XP playing the game how we all used to before it was online. And you can get into the online aspect and race against real people. The game finds your level. Relish racing at whatever level you are at. If you're just going to pursue ultimate DR ratings and want to be racing at the Worlds then in the majority of cases that's going to end in disappointment. There's nothing wrong with aiming for the heights but also be pragmatic about your current ability and then practice, hard, to improve.

I've raced against @TRL LIGHTNING on occasion. When I say raced against, I mean we were on the same track in the same daily race. He was so far up the road we were not "racing". That's humbling, for sure, but it just gives me a target. I saved the replays and watched his laps to see what he was doing differently (by doing that I took time off my laptimes). I look at the top 10s as benchmarks. I watch the replays and try to learn. I chase the ghosts. Not being able to match them could be depressing but I just make it a personal challenge to improve. Beating yourself up every day is not, I'd suggest, going to make you happy. I'll never compete at the Worlds as I'm not good enough, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy playing the game. In my opinion it's about how you engage with it and the mindset you adopt. And genuinely, if I'm not enjoying it, I'll find something else to do. And try new things until you find the thing you want to do.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic but it was bothering me as I've seen people suffer with things like this.

Further to this, I woke up this morning thinking about it and feeling a bit concerned about @MIE1992 . I think video games are brilliant but I am also aware they can be anything but. I have seen it cause serious upset, distress and behavioural issues in young relatives, mostly playing FIFA. I know myself when I used to play FIFA that I could feel it having an adverse affect on me due to the characteristics of the game and the way it's designed to hook you. When I felt that, I stopped playing. When it happened again, I sold the game. I don't buy FIFA titles anymore.

GT can be infuriating, for sure, but it's about how you engage with it. You can time trial against yourself so it's just you vs the clock. You can play the game offline and rack up credits and XP playing the game how we all used to before it was online. And you can get into the online aspect and race against real people. The game finds your level. Relish racing at whatever level you are at. If you're just going to pursue ultimate DR ratings and want to be racing at the Worlds then in the majority of cases that's going to end in disappointment. There's nothing wrong with aiming for the heights but also be pragmatic about your current ability and then practice, hard, to improve.

I've raced against @TRL LIGHTNING on occasion. When I say raced against, I mean we were on the same track in the same daily race. He was so far up the road we were not "racing". That's humbling, for sure, but it just gives me a target. I saved the replays and watched his laps to see what he was doing differently (by doing that I took time off my laptimes). I look at the top 10s as benchmarks. I watch the replays and try to learn. I chase the ghosts. Not being able to match them could be depressing but I just make it a personal challenge to improve. Beating yourself up every day is not, I'd suggest, going to make you happy. I'll never compete at the Worlds as I'm not good enough, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy playing the game. In my opinion it's about how you engage with it and the mindset you adopt. And genuinely, if I'm not enjoying it, I'll find something else to do. And try new things until you find the thing you want to do.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic but it was bothering me as I've seen people suffer with things like this.

Looking inward, I think my frustration with GTS is just at the forefront of deeper issues that I have, especially regarding social needs. I've had a long history of being relatively lonely for one reason or another, so I suppose I had thought that obtaining the win/pole trophies (and thus, the platinum) for GTS would feel satisfying. But in retrospect, it didn't seem to help at all, and that I often felt like I was being punished for improving my skill. So I think I'll entirely leave the "Race Entry" tab of Sport Mode, indefinitely, and maybe play with the Time Trials instead, as well as the lobbies and offline aspects like GT League.

On a side note, I did have a good meeting with my psychiatrist today, and I think going back to school soon will help things, especially looking at the club listings.

But I also have a lot of idea for a lot of things, including a hypothetical future GT title's game design aspects and trying to identify the series' broader goals and vision, so I'm hoping to put this into a journal or something, via a word processor like Google Drive. It can feel frustrating when a long-running IP (whether it's in regards to movies or videogames) doesn't feel like it's genuinely evolving and learning what does or doesn't work, (or even if something doesn't work, what part of it specifically didn't work, and how could a concept be changed so it can be revived for the better) and feels more like it's just throwing things out there.

I get that Kaz is the producer, but I'm genuinely curious if he typically has consistently taken the role of director and/or game design lead, as well. I know that in film, the director and producer can sometimes be the same person, and I like comparing the game design lead to being like a screenwriter for a movie. I can't be sure if Kaz has been taking on all three roles so consistently for the 20+ years that GT has been around. It reminds me how Hideo Kojima has a lot of good attributes, but a lot of people say the best MGS games had the same writer - Tomokazu Fukushima, being the writer for MGS 1, 2, 3, and Ghost Babel.

Last edited:
@TRL LIGHTNING, genuine question, and you may not want to answer, but in the interview after the race you mentioned bias; Could you give some context to that comment please?

With biased I mean that it's like in F1 in that situation. For example Carrazza with the 911 in his Fuji race for T1 in lap 1. He dive bombed into T1 pushed coque and me out but didn't get a penalty. Then on my incident, why didn't they give Igor those 5 seconds penalty during the race?
A lot of weird decisions in my opinion but I don't know. At that moment I was probably too emotional where I learnt afterwards to held myself back from now.

A lot of weird decisions in my opinion but I don't know. At that moment I was probably too emotional where I learnt afterwards to held myself back from now.
i think that part of it is the organisers wanting it to seem like as far as rules everything is fine , the drivers are all pros . but the problem is drivers are human for now and people do human things like make a bad judgment or race in a un honourable way.

i myself approach racing games same as you , clean as possible and expect it back . it isnt a realistic expectation unless you know who exactly you are up against. as far as im concerned your sportsmanship makes you the winner everytime no matter the out come on the track . always keep pushing as much as you can .

the only advise i could give is if you feel the stewards or who ever wont do a proper job then it might be worth it to see if you can get all drivers to agree yourselves to race fairly . if it is in peoples peoples heads then might help .

For example Carrazza with the 911 in his Fuji race for T1 in lap 1. He dive bombed into T1 pushed coque and me out but didn't get a penalty.
Odder still, that appeared on the stream as being under investigation, and there was a warning issued...

... to Toyota.

Back