Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

Saw them investigating lesser incidents in previous races, also, no charge for Igor pushing Nico out of the track in first corner.

Yes but it wasn't that obvious that Igor had lifted at the time based on the broadcast cameras, and from the last few world tour events, it really does seem that a lot is just based on 'was it obviously a crash on the main camera'

So since Fraga is already locked into the final, does that mean Hizal gets the invite spot that he would have gotten if he won?
Yes, I think the commentators mentioned that at some point. Hopefully that is the case because he deserves a chance at redemption.

Don't treat Hizal as the victim here.

Everyone knows what Igor did. It's wrong, of course.

If Hizal could keep his head cool and wait for the stewards decision, he would won that. But noooo... he literally stop racing. Like, really? How much salt do you have on your head to act like that?

Again, what Igor did is wrong. But what Hizal did is plain stupid.

Are we really gonna pretend that Hizal always drove perfectly clean and never messed up someone else's race ?

The lift from Fraga was dirty and he was penalized. Hizal could have stayed just behind him and push until the end until an overtake occasion occur and win, but he gave up.

I'm disappointed because I didn't expect someone like Fraga to do this, but it is also disappointing to see Hizal giving up so easily. Brook got warned for giving up after getting punted 3 times when he was at the last position. And Hizal gives up after a little dirty move when he is second, 1s behind the leader ?
Come on...

Not sure I get what you're trying to say. I mentioned how Lightning seemingly gave up after the incident. He easily had the pace to overtake barring more dirty driving from Fraga. It's definitely on him for not keeping his foot in the gas, but it's not an issue to begin with if Fraga keeps his nose clean.

Are we really gonna pretend that Hizal always drove perfectly clean and never messed up someone else's race ?

The lift from Fraga was dirty and he was penalized. Hizal could have stayed just behind him and push until the end until an overtake occasion occur and win, but he gave up.

I'm disappointed because I didn't expect someone like Fraga to do this, but it is also disappointing to see Hizal giving up so easily. Brook got warned for giving up after getting punted 3 times when he was at the last position. And Hizal gives up after a little dirty move when he is second, 1s behind the leader ?
Come on...

Didn't Hizal drop down, on purpose, to almost last place when he made a mistake last time, and put himself out of any contention?. And AFAIK he never does something like Igor did on purpose.

You know, if Kaz wants Gran Turismo to be taken more seriously as an e-sport, by the FIA and the general public, then the stewards needs to be a lot harsher. I don't care about the stupid TV producers not wanting to bruise the spectacle, they've already done enough to sour everyone here on what should have been a great event and a great track reveal. If people's view of stewards was rocky before, this just takes the cake. We've heard warnings about drivers skipping world tour events because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if they did after this - or at least put pressure on Kaz for this to change. And I'm not just talking about Fraga. Latkovski made the dirtiest move of them all.

Just... just no.

Bitter end to what was a great event.

I could see 2nd (in case you haven't watched it) getting frustrated but when he backed off, that had me yelling at the screen. The stewards seemed to be on point in this event and were sure to see the lift.

Dude, don't give up again. You're so much better than that.:(

Edit: You didn't back off. Phew! Sorry.:embarrassed:

Yes but it wasn't that obvious that Igor had lifted at the time based on the broadcast cameras, and from the last few world tour events, it really does seem that a lot is just based on 'was it obviously a crash on the main camera'
There was half a second difference on the bottom of Eau Rouge, at the top they were literally kissing their bumpers. Also, Mikail was signalling that incident, but no one reacted to that.

Didn't Hizal drop down, on purpose, to almost last place when he made a mistake last time, and put himself out of any contention?. And AFAIK he never does something like Igor did on purpose.
Sure but he ruined someone race more than Fraga did. And it's was not the only time he was involved in some contacts. I remember another incident, but not where.

Not sure I get what you're trying to say. I mentioned how Lightning seemingly gave up after the incident. He easily had the pace to overtake barring more dirty driving from Fraga. It's definitely on him for not keeping his foot in the gas, but it's not an issue to begin with if Fraga keeps his nose clean.
My bad, didn't mean to quote you specifically

There was half a second difference on the bottom of Eau Rouge, at the top they were literally kissing their bumpers. Also, Mikail was signalling that incident, but no one reacted to that.

The stewards aren't good at reacting to incidents.

So, just to put this in context. There's 2 cars going at 300kph through a flat out corner nose to tail and the one ahead intentionally lifts. What would happen in real life and what penalty would the driver get?

Either one brakes very hard and destroys his pace, or one car flies off the back of the other. If it's not dirty, it's ****ing dangerous. It's not just a disqualification, it's a race ban.

Don't treat Hizal as the victim here.

Everyone knows what Igor did. It's wrong, of course.

If Hizal could keep his head cool and wait for the stewards decision, he would won that. But noooo... he literally stop racing. Like, really? How much salt do you have on your head to act like that?

Again, what Igor did is wrong. But what Hizal did is plain stupid.

Nah the plain stupid is the stewards awarding the victory to the dirty driver. This was a decision made to favor one person only. Had Hizal been at 4.9 it would have been a different penalty. How do I know..? Because it would have been 6 seconds if they really meant to punish Igor.

Completely disappointed overall. Disappointed with how Miyosono got screwed over not once but twice by Cody (seriously, why is this guy still allowed to these events?) and most of all, disappointed with Fraga and that move. Guy easily has pace and talent yet felt the need to do that. That's pathetic for a Nations Cup champion. Frankly, it no longer matters to me if I make it to one of these if this kind of nonsense is allowed. I'd rather not have to deal with it.

Poor showing for the Nations Cup Grand Final today.

Last edited:
Back