Live Track Weather?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dessy182
  • 84 comments
  • 6,700 views
Sorry guys, I guess I've been watching too much 23 :lol:
 
here we have a textbook example of a post going WAYYYYYYYY off topic. It made be smile though. Back to the matter at hand. Live weather better happen!
 
GT5 Prologue may have hinted such a feature with the map at the top of the screen showing the weather around the world at different "locations". <key word.

So yes I do see this as a possibility.

Anyway, when I first heard dynamic weather was confirmed, my first thought was, what if I decide to drive a convertible when it's raining? If I just parked the car would it just slowly fill with rain water? ( assuming I keep the roof down)
 
GT5 Prologue may have hinted such a feature with the map at the top of the screen showing the weather around the world at different "locations". <key word.

So yes I do see this as a possibility.

Anyway, when I first heard dynamic weather was confirmed, my first thought was, what if I decide to drive a convertible when it's raining? If I just parked the car would it just slowly fill with rain water? ( assuming I keep the roof down)

Don't think they will take it that far...

I have been thinking since the first time I saw the weather thing in Prologue that there would be live dynamic weather. Now that we have dynamic weather pretty much confirmed, I think going live is relatively easy to implement.
But if we don't get it, I would only be a little disappointed for a few minutes if the weather would be static or there wouldn't be weather at all.
 
If I just parked the car would it just slowly fill with rain water? ( assuming I keep the roof down)
You do know that cars are not, unless by aquatic design, watertight?! Watch Top Gear and you shall learn how far you can drive with a car full of water ;)
 
Ha loving this thread Sam 48 pointed out a bit of a hint. There is obviously going to be roofless cars so does that mean when you pick your car you have to pick the weather because the game needs to know if the roof is left up or down.....or will we never be able to drive with the roof down and have the roof fixed whatever the weather
 
Last edited:
sorry did not realise dynamic weather was confirmed so I think you either have a button comand that will only work when your car is going 0mph and will put the roof up or convertibles will always have there roofs up I know I sound like a right geek but I only think this is because PD are perfectionists and would only put it in unless it was true to life
 
Last edited:
sorry did not realise dynamic weather was confirmed so I think you either have a button comand that will only work when your car is going 0mph and will put the roof up or convertibles will always have there roofs up I know I sound like a right geek but I only think this is because PD are perfectionists and would only put it in unless it was true to life

Seems logical, but wouldn't it suck if started raining and I had to stop the car to put my roof up in the middle of a race??? I'm sure PD found some solution to this issue, though I'm not sure what it could be.
 
Live weather just wouldn't work in a racing game, especially this time of year when there is snow on the ground.
 
Some or all convertibles are fitted with a fixed metal roof, that's the only solution i can think of.
 
Some or all convertibles are fitted with a fixed metal roof, that's the only solution i can think of.

Or the car & driver gets wet.💡
 
Put the top up during a race is totally unnecessary. The water won't hurt anything.
 
Live weather just wouldn't work in a racing game, especially this time of year when there is snow on the ground.

well Im pretty sure that there would be snow as well as rain especially for a snow rally
 
Snow would not be hard to do at all. All we need is a visual effect similar to rain. After that they just give the track a slippery characteristic and away you go.
 
Hurry, call the professor:eek:!
DaVinciCode-2.jpg


5+3+2=10
it's coming out in 2010! OMG it's this year!💡

Nostradamus 5:32
Where all is good, the Sun all beneficial and the Moon Is abundant, its ruin approaches: From the sky it advances to change your fortune. In the same state as the seventh rock.

Where all is good, the Sun all beneficial and the Moon Is abundant - Day and night racing
its ruin approaches - damage
From the sky it advances to change your fortune - dynamic weather.
In the same state as the seventh rock. - Uranus is in conjunction with Jupiter at the end of March 2010.

Wow, Nostradamus predicted GT5
 
Last edited:
PGR4 arcade xbox 360 racer even has the feature of getting info off the weather channel for the place where the track is located and mimicking the weather in game, and pgr4 is old stuff
 
For sure we all want different types of weather as most of us are in the game for the sheer realism I hope PD hasn't bitten off more than they can chew and people are upset because it is not stunning and is not up to our expectations of PD and the GT series.
 
Flight Simulator had this feature. It was optional, you didn't have to have live weather conditions but you can select it in the weather menu if you wish. Basically you can choose, rain, snow, overcast, sunny etc.. or live weather conditions static or updated every 15 mins. To put this in Gran Turismo would probably be a pretty huge feature and I think personally would be a bit OTT. I think just choosing rain, dry or night or day is pretty much fine for me.
 
I don't understand why people are satisfied to just pick a condition and drive.

In the world of motor sport, changing weather plays almost as a big a part as any other aspect of a race. This happens in all categories of motor sport and in my opinion is what makes it really exciting and unpredictable. In F1, remember the start of Nurburgring '07 ..and of course the end of Spa '08 - easily two of my most memorable F1 moments - all thanks to changeable unpredictable weather :)

It would add so much more to do game. At this stage it's probably either there or its not, but I've got my fingers crossed.
 
tiger woods 10 has this. but i highly doubt we will see it in gt5

There aren't cycles either. just rain, or dry. night or day.

I wonder if Tiger Woods 10 has a mini-game where you have to leg it like Usain Bolt from your golf club wielding wife...:lol:

On topic, I'd love Live Weather updates. Especially considering the weather at the Rally Ireland stages at the present day...you'd need to be Finnish to get through the back roads in Ireland until the snow clears.
 
I don't understand why people are satisfied to just pick a condition and drive.

In the world of motor sport, changing weather plays almost as a big a part as any other aspect of a race. This happens in all categories of motor sport and in my opinion is what makes it really exciting and unpredictable. In F1, remember the start of Nurburgring '07 ..and of course the end of Spa '08 - easily two of my most memorable F1 moments - all thanks to changeable unpredictable weather :)

It would add so much more to do game. At this stage it's probably either there or its not, but I've got my fingers crossed.

👍
 
Real world weather in game would be a truly great feature.
 
In london at night, the snow is falling you've got the whole track just you and the car as one
 
HN7
Put the top up during a race is totally unnecessary. The water won't hurt anything.

What about the sophisticated equipment in the dashboard :dunce:.
 
That doesn't say cycles, though, it says weather effects.

"Meteo evolutive" is the direct quote form the mag (minus the accents)

This means that the weather will evolve which means change, so in effect this means the weather WILL change during a race

P.S. are you French?
 
let's face it, it's 2010.. if PD aren't including something as fundamental in real racing as changeable weather into this game, they need to get their heads checked.
 
What about the sophisticated equipment in the dashboard :dunce:.

Go buy a new one? Just find a race with a expensive prize car (rinse and repeat) :sly:
 
Would be nice to have day/night changes, during a race.24hr races wouldn't be the same.
 
Back