LM cars in GT1

Stinky Chicken
Wrong. LM cars are the Special Models. So Floyd, just click the "Special" icon in any of the Japanese manufacturers.

I am wrong. But I could have sworn the

Toyota Chaser LM Edition
Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition
TVR Cerbera LM Edition
Honda Del Sol LM Edition
Mazda RX-7 A spec LM Edition
Nissan S14 Silvia LM Edition

WERE LIMITED EDITIONS.

Stinky Chicken
Wrong. LM cars are the Special Models. So Floyd, just click the "Special" icon in any of the Japanese manufacturers.

The Special Models are the Race moded cars you buy from the manufactuers which are the LM editions. There are a few others which you can win, the Toyota Chaser LM for example. Usually the cars bought from the dealerships are not as good as buying or winning a non LM car and then modifying it yourself.

TMM
The Special Models are the Race moded cars you buy from the manufactuers which are the LM editions. There are a few others which you can win, the Toyota Chaser LM for example. Usually the cars bought from the dealerships are not as good as buying or winning a non LM car and then modifying it yourself.
Do you mean, for example, a better suspension not available in the tuning shop ?

Biased turkey
Do you mean, for example, a better suspension not available in the tuning shop ?

No I mean you can get a higher power output if you a car and mod it yourself. You would think that the Castrol Supra LM would be as high as or better than a won Supra RZ. But no, the RZ has over 800HP compared to the LM which is only over 500HP.

TMM
No I mean you can get a higher power output if you a car and mod it yourself. You would think that the Castrol Supra LM would be as high as or better than a won Supra RZ. But no, the RZ has over 800HP compared to the LM which is only over 500HP.

I don't know about you but I prefer to drive the Castrol Supra rather than added Supra RZ.

liam2maps
I don't know about you but I prefer to drive the Castrol Supra rather than added Supra RZ.

Why? I haven't driven the Castrol Supra yet but I love driving the Supra RZ!!!

Here's two real-life LM pics:

Attachments

• nissan-gtrlm.jpg
    nissan-gtrlm.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 50
  • honda-nsx-lm-1995.jpg
    honda-nsx-lm-1995.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 69
...and three that are screen shots (actually, they are screenshots from GT2)

Attachments

• mitsu-3000gt99lm.jpg
    mitsu-3000gt99lm.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 93
  • honda-delsol-lm.jpg
    honda-delsol-lm.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,385
  • fto-lm.jpg
    fto-lm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 54
The Castrol Supra is OK, but I prefer the Supra RZ. The RZ has the highest speed @ 411KM/h round the test track, the Castrol can't match it even with 7 gears.

but the supra RZ cant possible match the handling of the castrol, that is obvious, speed is nothing without control. and you can set the castrol up so that if will go that fast. but around a track, castrol is king in GT1

GT
but the supra RZ cant possible match the handling of the castrol, that is obvious, speed is nothing without control. and you can set the castrol up so that if will go that fast. but around a track, castrol is king in GT1

The Supra handles just fine and I don't notice it being any better or worse than the Castrol. Surely the Castrol is just a Race modified version of the Supra anyway, so it's handling can't be that much different.

Yeah I agree. Sacrificing power sometimes isn't so bad. However TMM might love the higher speeds. You have the TRD3000GT right. You'd love it :)

liam2maps
Yeah I agree. Sacrificing power sometimes isn't so bad. However TMM might love the higher speeds. You have the TRD3000GT right. You'd love it :)

Yes I have the TRD3000GT but I prefer the Supra RZ. Strangly the cars are nearly identical, especailly when you Race Mod them. I found that the TRD would start to bounce when it hit the kerb so you couldn't always relie on it driving through a corner, the Supra didn't seem to be affected.

As to the Castrol, well I can win races against the AI with both but that doesn't really say a lot. The Supra has the highest speed, but then the Castrol doesn't have the same HP rating, the Supra holds records for fastest lap and fastest race where the Castol holds none of these records. This could be because the Castrol is limited to a number of races where higher powered cars, GTO, Nismo 400R, Cerberra, Viper, etc already hold the records.

It is hard to compare the 2 cars, maybe I will do a spot race round GVS or Super Speedway to compare the drivability of the cars. I certainly do enjoy sliding the Supra round corners and it maybe that is what Imiss driving the Castrol.

I setup my FF and 4WD cars to be loose in the back so that you can break the back end away and slide round corners, it suits my driving style in GT.

Well I did it. I did a time trial @ GVS, first with the Supra RZ and then with the Castrol. The Supra won by over 9 seconds and with the current setup I can drive at full power and still accelerating up the rise and through the cichane to the 180 corner at the bottom with the sand trap. Admitily I have to hit the corners just right and I did have several attempts before I got it right. So I would say the handling is pretty spot on for the Supra RZ.

I also tested against other cars, Viper, R32 Skyline, Concept Car (Race modded) and Cerberra. The Cerberra was the closest at just over a second slower, but it did beat the fastest lap set by the Supra, so it can't all be about the high HP can it.

If I get the chance I will note the setup of the 3 cars, Supra RZ, Castrol Supra and Cerberra and post them next week so that others can compare. If I really get the chance this weekend of quality time on GT I might re-do the evaluation and video it to be posted as well.

Back