Loeb Test

  • Thread starter Thread starter 929rog
  • 15 comments
  • 1,076 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
29
Messages
929rog
I got gold in the first two tests and cant get bronze in the third snow course. I have traction control on 1 and abs 1 how did you guys do it? I spent two hours on it last night! I need to get it done tonight.
 
abs 1, tc 0

but I've read that with skidrecovery on, it would be easy to get gold.
 
abs 1, tc 0
Just go very slow on the sharper turns and dont rush. Its not that bad. I got gold on the second try and im not that great.
 
This is what I did and it dramatically increased the car's handling ability

Go to Settings-Options-Hardware-Change Button Assignments-Edit R1 button to (RA fuction) Menu. Then do the same for the dpad arrows up/down/left/right for the adust and select values.

Then once in the time trial hit R1 and set the front and rear to 50% 50%
(the Torque distribution setting)
this improves the car's grip and stability massively and also turn all assist's off and abs 1.
 
That's weird, I found Chamonix no harder than the others. I had traction control off for all of them, no other aids.

Oversteering through the corners is much more important in the snow. Brake earlier than usual, give the car a flick to get it sideways into the corner, and then balance the throttle and steering to power out of the corner.
 
I just ran it stock settings and I got Gold on all 3. I basically drove fast in fast out ignoring the gear indicators because for some reason, the car behaved perfectly.
 
Maybe its just me. I'm from Maine and am used to the snow so I have been in a higher gear than what it says to keep wheel speed down. The straights are easier that way as I had a hard time with it swapping and hitting the sides. As soon as the little one goes down I'll try and work at it. I killed the other two... One by 2 seconds... grr...
 
It's a somewhat unnatural challenge because the car is so badly set up for snow - if they want to set me a challenge of driving a RWD car on snow they should just give me a RWD. You can get around this by doing what FluffyPancake suggested - setting the torque split to 50/50 knocked around 7 seconds off my lap time. You may feel it's cheating; I did at first, but then decided that I didn't actually care.

But there's something weird at play in this challenge even so. With the Audi quattro I used for the beginner rally event I can go to Chamonix on a practice run and go comfortably under 4 minutes from a standing start, with the car behaving beautifully. Should a current WRC car really be so much slower?
 
e-brake seems to help me in the snow.
 
yah, this car acts as if its a 2wd..
 
Yeah i did it first time, standard settings... just slide the car around most of the corners, no need to brake so slow for them all XD
 
Traction control off is important, and turn before the actual corner.

I'm sure you'll get the feel for it.
 
About 30 minutes and we will see. Right now B Spec Bob (bend over Bob) keeps making money...
 
silver.... 7 tries. grrrrr
 
It isn't like drifting either its very different in technique to sustain the cornering time.

the 2007 Formula 1 World Champion Kimi Räikkönen has switched to WRC this 2010 and he flipped the car on a lot of his races during his first year in red bull WRC.

The technique on driving in rally is completely different from racing on a track or drifting.
 
Try using the active central diff and give 50% power to the front wheels.

ther than that make sure TC is off, also ABS is no help on the snow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back