Logitech Challenge-US players, free suff.

• Thread starter superwally
  • 250 comments
I agree. The fault lies with PD.

I disagree - If even there is a fault. Remenber its standard physics - which is meant for the causal player - which means it isn't meant to be hard or difficult or frustrating to play - which means the penality system is 'easy' on the exploiters.

I'm still fairly new to the game - but wouldn't it be impossible to use the same wallriding as the racers in this competition used, if the physics was on professional? I think I noticed that the penalty system is 'harder' and less forgiving when its on proffesional.

So I wouldnt say its PD fault, seems to me its intented that way. I wouldn't even say its the competition organisers fault - as its a marketing thing and they want as many people in the game as posible, meaning they want the causal player aswell - meaning standard physics. Also nice to see there will be a proffesional event 👍

Nothing is ever PD's fault...they are god after all :rolleyes: Wall riding is far from being a realistic trait and has absolutely no place in a racing simulator such as GT5P, regardless of the difficult level. Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing people making excuses for PD, one of the laziest companies ever in existence :lol: Flame suit on...

Last edited:
Bring it :lol:

super_soaker_nerd.jpg

Hey, just because you're SO intimidated of me and my super soaker, doesn't give you the right to take shots at me :lol: jk...of course that's not me :dopey:

+1 for the :cheers: to Chris for coming on and responding. At the very least, so far it looks like things will be much cleaner at Eiger at the top. And for the next weeks trial at Suzuka, all the top times I've ever run against at Suzuka have not found a way to cut anywhere so that should not be too bad also. Really looking forward to pro physics at Suzuka 👍

I am a little late to start but I am having fun with this weeks combo. It's cool to see all those American flags lined up on the board.

:gtpflag:

What is going on?? shouldnt guys that finish up front in the logitech challenge (top ten at least) be good? i was under the impression all those guys would beat me. That surely isnt the case. And where did z06fun come from? he crushed everyone!! In an NSX!! I have no problems finding him to race on-line either.

I hate to negative about all this but all I can say is "Welcome To Online Gaming". Every game I play online has cheaters and glitchers. And unfourtunatly they are almost always one step ahead of the player's and more importantly the developer's efforts to balance these games. PD could release a GT game that lived up to all the dreams of every gamer on these forums and I can assure you that within 24 to 48 hours of going online there would be someone exploiting some bug or trick on order to win races. I like to win games based on my skill alone as much as anyone, but you can bet your ass I know how to do those exploits if I need to counter someone using them on me.

What is going on?? shouldnt guys that finish up front in the logitech challenge (top ten at least) be good? i was under the impression all those guys would beat me. That surely isnt the case. And where did z06fun come from? he crushed everyone!! In an NSX!! I have no problems finding him to race on-line either.

I came from Peekskill NY, or so I was told. I don't remember much, it was a long time ago and I was just a little tike :) But actually I've been a member for a very long time, I just don't post a lot. And anyone who is familiar with the pro physics time trial rankings probably ran across me from time to time. I'm just glad my 10 years of GT addiction finally had some benefit lol.
I'm surprised that after all the disappointment about the wall riding in the first event, that more people didn't run the second event where wall riding was not the norm :confused:

At least now we are on to pro physics at suzuka:tup:

I'll vouch for z06fun. I've run across him a few times in time trials and online events, and he's definitely one of the good guys. 👍

hang on a second! my comment -shouldnt guys up front be beating me- wasnt directed towards you z06fun. You are one of few who put up, and shut me up! lol. you are also 1 of few that make me faster, for that I LOVE YOU MAN. lol I will see you on the track, unlike most others. On another note... Why is Logitech giving a wheel away in a competition where you need a wheel to win? This seems butt backwards to me. My buddy back in Bunker Hill, WV (yeah Boy I love WV) has only a controller, and he was going to headbutt his TV trying to stay in the Top 75!!! I wish my mom bought me a Fanatec wheel now... lol

Last edited:
hang on a second! my comment -shouldnt guys up front be beating me- wasnt directed towards you z06fun. You are one of few who put up, and shut me up! lol. you are also 1 of few that make me faster, for that I LOVE YOU MAN. lol I will see you on the track, unlike most others. On another note... Why is Logitech giving a wheel away in a competition where you need a wheel to win? This seems butt backwards to me. My buddy back in Bunker Hill, WV (yeah Boy I love WV) has only a controller, and he was going to headbutt his TV trying to stay in the Top 75!!! I wish my mom bought me a Fanatec wheel now... lol

Anybody have any idea of the total number of participants for Week #2 Challenge at Eiger? I ended up 281st, but would like to know out of how many people.

Also, I was curious if anyone knew, out of the top 100 for that challenge, which was the highest ranking achieved by someone using a controller rather than a wheel?

And, finally a Special thanks to rmk700! Without the benefit of his replay, to dissect and run against, I would never have managed faster than a 1'19 in the Subaru. My first run after reviewing rmk700's replay knocked a full 1.2 seconds off my best attempt and enabled me to run a 1'17.571 before the event ended. Got the first part of the course with the tight hairpins down really well, but still needed a lot of practice on the last series of corners coming out of the tunnel to the finish before I was going to shave off anymore time.

That was a really fun event! The Subaru seemed unbeatable I thought until Z06fun came in with the NSX and stole the show. Nice run, Nice job Z!

I know, no worries. It was just funny the way you wrote it. Glad I found someone good to race against who is actually online a lot.

I think we will see a lot more running on Suzuka. Sure wish it was on S1's at least. The N3's are like driving a super car in the snow lol.

Have to also give props to rmk700 for his run in the STI. I don't think I would have been able to do that in that car, it just didn't turn for me.

Anybody have any idea of the total number of participants for Week #2 Challenge at Eiger? I ended up 281st, but would like to know out of how many people.

Also, I was curious if anyone knew, out of the top 100 for that challenge, which was the highest ranking achieved by someone using a controller rather than a wheel?

And, finally a Special thanks to rmk700! Without the benefit of his replay, to dissect and run against, I would never have managed faster than a 1'19 in the Subaru. My first run after reviewing rmk700's replay knocked a full 1.2 seconds off my best attempt and enabled me to run a 1'17.571 before the event ended. Got the first part of the course with the tight hairpins down really well, but still needed a lot of practice on the last series of corners coming out of the tunnel to the finish before I was going to shave off anymore time.

That was a really fun event! The Subaru seemed unbeatable I thought until Z06fun came in with the NSX and stole the show. Nice run, Nice job Z!

I took a slow 1st gear only lap to see how many have attepted this and it showed a 1100 or so ranking position.

Well, glad I helped though it was for prizes which becomes an all out battle for 1st position... cleanly of cource. The visable replay can really hinder the leader for his secrets he figures out are shown to all. IMO z06fun new this very well and used stratagy as well as good driving skills.

Sure wish it was on S1's at least. The N3's are like driving a super car in the snow lol.

I have to agree with you on that! I cant understand how PD gives alot of the Super cars N3 as Stock tire I dont agree with it at all

Man I just ran a few laps on Suzuka, and without trying I'm 49th (with a DS3 no less). I was shocked, the time spread is huge, I'm almost 5 seconds from 1st. I first tried a Ferrari, but man, N3 tires just ain't any fun in a Ferrari on Suzuka.

This TT really shows the technological superiority of the GTR. I just wish I had a DF-GT. Too bad no S1 tires though, then more cars would be competitive, well sort of. :lol:

I have to agree with you on that! I cant understand how PD gives alot of the Super cars N3 as Stock tire I dont agree with it at all

I'm with you on that as well. I placed 20th racing clean in the first trial, skipped the second, (raced on the controller once and I was somewhere in the 200s but was tired of standard physics) and was looking forward to the 3rd challenge until I actually tried it. I'm still tempted to get the DFGT out again and put in a few laps but the N3 tires just ruin it for me. S2 or S3 tires with supercars that are rear-wheel drive only would have been something I think most would have found a lot more fun.

What are the cars? Pyrozona, did you place last week?

I took 3rd in the Eiger event. Thought I had second all locked in until z06fun came along at the last minute, using his clutch and H-gate shifting in the NSX, and put up a SUPER fast time. Kudos on that one, z06...you're definitely "one" with that NSX!! :crazy:

Was actually kinda hoping someone would come in and drop me down to 3rd since I would rather have that bluetooth mouse than the speakers they give out for 2nd. Kinda curious about that wireless wheel, though. Doesn't come with pedals...so where are the gas & brake? Guess I'll find out when I get it.

All things considered though, I liked that race...even though it was standard physics. Quite challenging. Tried this week's challenge a few times and gave up. Just TOO damned slippery on those tires!

Pyro

Good job Pyro. I gave up on the Eiger even, I didn't want to drift around the turns.

Event is closed. I ended up 4th at Suzuka, but will probably inherit 3rd from z06fun, who was just ahead of me, but also won at Eiger.

I guess we'll find out the final placing on the 10th.

Was a fun event, to be sure. 👍

Awesome job Vaxen :cheers: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get promoted to 2nd or 3rd 👍

I feel like a dumby for not giving this particular TT a go earlier in the week when I had the chance :rolleyes: Unfortunately I wasn't able to get ANY laps in until about a hour and half before the deadline, when my eyes and mind were already fried from playing online for a few hours previously :lol: I ended up in 6th (4 tenths behind P1) which wasn't too bad of a performance considering the limited seat time I had and being that I was all googly eyed :lol: I think I ended up with the fastest pad time which is at least something to be happy about, even if I didn't win any prizes. Oh well, that's what I get for being ignorant :sly:

Back