Logitech force pro

Hi
Can anybody tell me, where can I get wire diagram for Logitech force pro wheel?

The odds of finding a wiring diagram for an old, fairly low-end wheel like that are tiny, proper schematics for hugely popular wheels like the DFGT don't exist. You'll have to reverse engineer the wheel yourself, but what is it you need exactly? What's the issue?

Hi

Yes, I assume it's strongly kept secret by Logitech :) Well, I get one "Logitech Force Pro" in non working state. When I open it and inspect a control board, I noticed that some transistors are blown. So I think that I could replace it if I procure their marks/labels. May be that earlier owner connect some wrong power supply to the wheel.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, well you're kind of in luck there because those transistors/diodes (some of them are series diodes in the same package - note D14 on the left in the second image) use standard SMD marking codes.

If you can read the letters on the components (which is where you might be out of luck because the cases look messed up) you can search some SMD code databases and try to come up with a sensible guess for what they might be, but that is difficult because many devices share the same code.

However, the databases I've seen will specify the package style as well as the part number and type, so it'll take some careful investigation to figure out what you're looking at. For instance if you have a component with "W04" printed on it with "Q23" silkscreened on the PCB next to it, if the SMD code database says "W04" is either a PNP transistor, NAND gate or diode, then you know it's the PNP transistor because that's what a silkscreened Q stands for. On the other hand, if one code can be a PNP or an NPN, well... Good luck! I was trying to reverse engineer the G27 this way and I found at least one transistor that was either an NXP Semiconductor PNP or another brand's NPN, but because all the other components had come up as NXP I figured they were probably PNPs. I haven't backed that assumption up with testing yet though.

If you can read the letters on the components (which is where you might be out of luck because the cases look messed up) you can search some SMD code databases and try to come up with a sensible guess for what they might be...
Exactly. Because I don't have very good knowledge about this particular matter ( and surface of that elements are in bad condition so marks are unreadable ), I need wire diagram. Considering that I can't get it, I think about procure some HD photograph of original board ( just like this I post, but from good state board ). Maybe you sir know where I can find some good photos?

Exactly. Because I don't have very good knowledge about this particular matter ( and surface of that elements are in bad condition so marks are unreadable ), I need wire diagram. Considering that I can't get it, I think about procure some HD photograph of original board ( just like this I post, but from good state board ). Maybe you sir know where I can find some good photos?

Sadly I have no idea, I used to have a Driving Force Pro logic board I was working on but I... Well, I lost it! Is there any chance you could clean the transistors, maybe? Then again after all the work it'd involve to find the replacement parts, the cost of buying the parts then replacing the parts, it'd probably be cheaper to get a new wheel...

Back