Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@optical10 Is that AC on PlayStation or PC? I'm guessing PC as you mention iRacing... iRacing uses Trueforce so what you're reporting still indicates a DirectInput/Legacy FFB issue going on. Which other titles are you trying the wheel with?

Try the following though:
  1. Click Start, type CMD into the search bar and when the Command Prompt option comes up right click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  2. For the next steps make sure you include everything within the quote marks Type cd C:\ProgramData\LGHUB\depots\167956\di_ffb and press return.
  3. Type di_ffb_manager.exe -i -p . and press return (do make sure you include that full stop)
@LOGI_Rich
Sorry for the delay. Anyway that seems to be sorted now "di_ffb_manager.exe -i -p ." I'm getting the full FFB/Trueforce on the Pro settings in :

Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, BeamNG, F1 22, KartKraft, rFactor 2,

So deep joy and many thanks.
I'm only having issues with two titles in pro mode, project cars 2, the wheel isn't detected in pro mode even though the official logitech website says it should be and Microsoft Motorsport 7 as I'm not able to add the profile because I cannot access the Microsoft store folder to locate the executable Anyway round these issues please?

Once again thank you for your hard work.

Struggling a bit to reconcile your statement that they feel "the same" with the other statement that the Pro feels "way better" (which I agree with).

Granted I didn't have the G923, but rather the older G29 before my PRO. So I hadn't experienced Trueforce. I don't want to sound like I'm discrediting what you're saying but I think "feels the same" might be doing an injustice to the huge leap forward that one experiences going from a belt driven 300 EURO amateur enthusiast's belt/gear driven toy set-up, to the 1400 EURO direct drive unit.

My PRO has opened up a whole new world, such is the gigantic step upward from the old G29.
not sure how to describe force feedback I guess. Best I can put it is everything I was feeling before is there, only with a slight rattle and weaker strength, as far as the car kicking out or catching slides, it’s very similar to me, I had no issues getting used of the wheel, which I can’t say for the T300’s I tried. It felt completely different in feedback. But that’s just me. I drove a Dino Ferrari on a T300, I was all over the place I couldn’t stay on the track, go home, use my g923, no problems… get the G Pro, no problems. So the info they’re giving you and how they give it to you must be pretty damn close to the same. That’s why I used the crappy quality mp3 thru a ghetto blaster versus high fidelity. Same song, not the same experience but familiar.

You really have to appreciate Logitech and Rich's help here. I already had Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels. Believe me, any problem with settings or configuration was usually solved by recommending restoring to default settings or reinstalling the software. The work that Mr. Rich is doing here is invaluable and please appreciate it. It is even worth waiting longer for delivery in exchange for such after-sales assistance. Greetings and thanks to Rich.
Hear, hear. :gtpflag:

@LogiRich thank you, mine has been shipped arriving Monday. Have a slight issue with the website when clicking view invoice, it appears to open something but doesnt download or open the invoice. At the beginning i was able to DL the invoice for the pedals then that went away. The wheel isnt showing either.

@optical10 Project Cars 2 requires full manual assignment of the controls in the assignments screen of the game. The Madness engine has a very prescriptive method for supporting wheels so you'll never get it to show the correct wheel in the main control options screen (the one where you can calibrate the wheel and pedals), so just set that to the G29. Go to the assignments and reassign all of the required controls - as I remember, for steering you will need to input full axis in the required direction and then return the wheel back to centre in order for it to assign.

Once you've assigned everything you can calibrate the wheel and pedals and then go ahead and use the wheel - you will not be able to navigate menus using the wheel as the game doesn't have menu control reassignment.

It's the same situation with Forza Motorsport 7 - you need to manually assign the controls (no need for wheel and pedal calibration though) and you won't be able to navigate the menus with the wheel.

If you like Project Cars 2 and want a similar title that has full support for the Pro Wheel then Automobilista 2 is thoroughly recommended - it's built on the Madness engine, but many people have been giving it great reviews as a further advancement of what you had in PC2.

Forza Motorsport 8 will have native support for the Pro when it comes out - Turn 10 have had Pro Wheel units for a long time now.

:)

Yes, it's definitely an enjoyable job, especially on those occasions when I just simply have to do some testing :D

Originally, I was tech support for Saitek, starting in 1999. I progressed to Product Management, we then got acquired by Mad Catz and then when Logitech acquired the Saitek brand in 2016 I came over to manage the product line. I've worked on every category possible in gaming over the years - obviously simulation, with the R4/R440 FFB wheels, X52/X56/X65F HOTAS, Cyborg sticks and the Pro Flight range, but also some of the Tritton headset range, keyboards, the R.A.T. mice and even the Rock Band 4 instruments.

But a large part of it is interacting with the community, listening to what people are saying, helping them out when needed and channelling all of that back into the roadmap.

:)

Yes, it's definitely an enjoyable job, especially on those occasions when I just simply have to do some testing :D

Originally, I was tech support for Saitek, starting in 1999. I progressed to Product Management, we then got acquired by Mad Catz and then when Logitech acquired the Saitek brand in 2016 I came over to manage the product line. I've worked on every category possible in gaming over the years - obviously simulation, with the R4/R440 FFB wheels, X52/X56/X65F HOTAS, Cyborg sticks and the Pro Flight range, but also some of the Tritton headset range, keyboards, the R.A.T. mice and even the Rock Band 4 instruments.

But a large part of it is interacting with the community, listening to what people are saying, helping them out when needed and channelling all of that back into the roadmap.
You are a boss my friend. Well done, much appreciated!

p.s. yesterday did the Group 2 daily @ SPA with the Mercedes GTR. It is so amazing racing online in VR with the playseat Trophy giving all the Treuforce info from the ProWheel. Insanely exciting racing real people. What a nice tension and realness. Incredible combination. GT7+Logitech Pro set + PSVR2 = Brilliant

Last edited:
So easily said - by many companies - but the new PRO gear is testament to the fact that you and Logitech really put this strategy into action and apply it to the product development and support process. Excited for the next decade of Logitech products!

Last edited:
Would have at least assumed I'd be refunded the postage but keep getting told "Expedited shipping only counts when UPS receive the package".

Like sure, that might be hidden somewhere in the T&Cs of the website, but during the checkout process, it sure as hell looked like the bundle was gonna be here within 2 days. Nightmare service.
Did you receive a text from UPS?
I didn't do expedited shipping, may be the reason why i havent got mine.
where are you located?
I got my first status update after a day. then a shipping notification that it arrives somewhere. Then after that, two days and nothing. Suddenly it was updated on day 3 at my door step. I’m in NY.

@LOGI_Rich
Previously you mentioned that it was up to developers how/what way they implement TF
It does seem a pity that we do not have a scenario similar to D-BOX in that each developer is persuaded to support all the effects. For several years D-BOX and now even Buttkicker is also starting to offer for "haptics" a simple interface with individual control for each of the effect's own output.

I've spent some time in early testing with the wheel now but mostly focused on GT7 tests.
While (surprisingly to my knowledge) something not one of the influencers sent a wheel for review attempted to do?

I have used a (Rode M4 Shotgun) microphone via X32 Rack with Cubase Pro 12, applying various frequency analysis plugins to help me understand what frequencies the wheel is generating for some of the various effects. As examples, I can see how the harmonics are being used for the engine and the tones generated for an audible response for rumble strips or a scenario with oversteer/understeer all using differences with the tones being generated to help separate each effect's operational feel/character.

Is it possible, that the generated frequencies for some of the effects could be improved in an update, with these effects created internally, or are the effects themselves and their tone generation also determined by each developer?

The biggest drawback I have noticed (in GT7) with TF is the limitation of only having a general volume with no individual controls to alter volumes for different effects as we desire. Understand it is unlikely this will change for GT7 but it's one if not the biggest titles people on PS5 will buy this product for and it does kinda suck that we can't get the best from it to suit each person's own preferences.

Can the community help to do anything to influence Polyphony Digital and Logitech to improve TF for GT7?

An example is how the response/force for something like rumble strips is quite limited in GT7. The TF effect with GT7 while it has that (brrr audible signature) it also needs more lower bass response to make it more engaging. While the engine effect (which contains plenty of lower bass) by trying to make the rumble strips feel stronger by increasing the TF volume, then other effects like the engine just become too annoying.

While I enjoy what it can offer, so far in reference to at least this testing in GT7, I just can't quite find a balance in volume that fully pleases me. Not sure if others feel the same but would be interesting to have other people's views.

Last edited:
Is it possible, that the generated frequencies for some of the effects could be improved in an update, with these effects created internally, or are the effects themselves and their tone generation also determined by each developer?
I’m leery of updates, if they don’t touch anything and just make things adjustable, maybe. But I have to say, I bought GT7, plugged in my G923 and was racing. I tried PC2 and all the adjustments in there… I never did get something I was entirely happy with. I know it’s supposed to be better FFB or whatever but I thought GT7 felt more realistic, cars steering wheels don’t constantly try to rip the wheel out of your hands constantly. Haha. PC2 FFB was and is so active it’s distracting even with it turned down. I’d rather a company test and test and test and have a guy that has a ton of experience say, there that’s about as real as it’s going to get, give them that and let them dial the strength or force to what they want. I kind of feel like that’s what the G Pro is only with more adjustments. I started with recommended and it felt good, I’ve tweaked it a bit since then but I’m still pretty close to recommended settings. I guess I’m just scared of updates lol

Is there any way to install a new firmware using MacOS? I connected the wheel & G Hub doesn't show it.

Edit: my mistake. Once I change the mode to PC it got detected & started downloading a firmware.

Last edited:
I managed to find a workaround for the disconnect issue I was experiencing with the Logitech G PRO wheel. I made a post over at reddit, so that the issue is publicly recognized and if there are other unlucky users dealing with the same issue, it should help them troubleshoot it. With the workaround I'm finally able to enjoy the wheel 100%.

Last edited:
hey guys, about to pull the trigger on the bundle.

how is the long term quality of the set? Anyone using it for some time now and can chime in to say wethere the build quality holds up? No loose parts, no screeching or anything of that matter? Any other issues that only come up after some useage?
I came across this Reddit post regarding quality issues. Seems like there are reports of noise developing over time as few other posts in this thread also mentions.

I swear that hmdi link thing took out my last Sony Bravia tv. I try not to use it. I can use a remote to turn on the tv. Eventually I replace a board in the tv for $75 and it works again, never use hdmi link lol

It’s a great piece of investigation by Miroshi. We’ve been discussing on PM and we’re getting the engineers to look into it. I’ve personally got a Samsung from 2018 with the one connect box and don’t have the same issues at all, so there’s more to this that needs digging into. All feedback is welcome, as always!

It’s a great piece of investigation by Miroshi. We’ve been discussing on PM and we’re getting the engineers to look into it. I’ve personally got a Samsung from 2018 with the one connect box and don’t have the same issues at all, so there’s more to this that needs digging into. All feedback is welcome, as always!
Someone mentioned it seems to just be an issue with those specific 2021 Samsung models.

How do you navigate game menus with the Logitech G Pro?
I don't see the crosshead that G923 has to move through the menus and through the PS5 interface.

Does anybody happen to have the base measurements for the Logitech G Pro Pedals? I’m building a rig soon and I want to make sure I can accommodate those pedals down the road. I’m currently running G923 pedals but the pro’s look slightly larger, maybe longer.

I’m leery of updates, if they don’t touch anything and just make things adjustable, maybe. But I have to say, I bought GT7, plugged in my G923 and was racing. I tried PC2 and all the adjustments in there… I never did get something I was entirely happy with. I know it’s supposed to be better FFB or whatever but I thought GT7 felt more realistic, cars steering wheels don’t constantly try to rip the wheel out of your hands constantly. Haha. PC2 FFB was and is so active it’s distracting even with it turned down. I’d rather a company test and test and test and have a guy that has a ton of experience say, there that’s about as real as it’s going to get, give them that and let them dial the strength or force to what they want. I kind of feel like that’s what the G Pro is only with more adjustments. I started with recommended and it felt good, I’ve tweaked it a bit since then but I’m still pretty close to recommended settings. I guess I’m just scared of updates lol
I think Logitech should be able to make updates to its software without any issues. Seems odd as to why, you or anyone should be cautious in using features the wheel offers. Everyone may have their own preferences with how/what ways they use FFB or indeed TF.
This may even vary based on our mood/mindset at the time of playing.

People in the community will share and tweak or find what are good settings to use as a baseline. For me, it's a bit of a disappointment when the wheel itself offers real-time adjustments from the wheelbase but for TF all we have is a general output control.

Just my own views here....
It would have been great if we had control of the different TF effects each game supported but sorry if it comes across as moaning/whinging. I'm aware that different games will vary in what telemetry/effects would be supported and so far I've only briefly tried some other titles. Yet that has highlighted how/where in certain effects GT7 is restricted.

I highlighted DBOX, it has no problems making a range of effects supported by a large catalog of games. So it is possible over various titles as it offers a simple and easy volume control for various of its motion or tactile-based effects.

So I wish Logitech could have done a similar approach with their TF and how well it performs on specific titles. Yes, future titles may improve things too with more games offering individual volumes for specific effects/operations but a large portion of buyers of this wheel will be buying it primarily to play GT7.

Seems a shame we have a flagship PS5 title like GT7 and when combined with this wheel offering improved power/detail as well as its TF capabilities. It should in my view set a benchmark for the console and the full experience the wheel can bring. As an example compare the rumble strips on the same track, in a similar car on ACC - GT this is one effect in particular that could be so much better in GT7.

As a $/£1000+ purchase sold as a PRO piece of hardware, this is clearly not for kids.
Dont get me wrong, this indeed is a very capable and powerful wheel, which you discover on some other titles with regards to rumble strips, and also on PC it can shine more brightly.

It appears the wheel with certain FFB effects has been dumbed down for GT7 for potential safety issues?
Yet why or surely all this should need is a "Health Warning / Usage Compliance" a user clicks to confirm they agree with?

@Jordan / @LOGI_Rich .... Logitech may not be able to do much, but can or will they or Polyphony Digital / Sony take any notice to improve the FFB and TF that this product can offer?

Impressed and happy with the wheel, including the better-than-expected pedals.
Just was wishing for more from GT7....

Last edited:
The dimensions are on the product page but here’s the relevant info:

Length: 44.5 cm
Width: 34.1 cm
Thank you, my bad I saw that but I’ve ordered off Amazon before and turned out that it was packaging dimensions so wanted to double check with somebody that had one.

Honestly, the wheel is very good in gt7, but it doesn’t feel like a gamechanger. In ACC, it’s on a another level. I hope they can improve FFB in gt7 or give us VR in acc. It’s a shame that such power is underutilized.

I think there’s a trade off. I agree ACC feels better but at times it’s a bit too active in my opinion. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. Some guy hits on you on ACC and it feels like the wheel is going to break your wrists when it’s dialled in on how you like it. Maybe they have a ffb collision strength setting I missed. It’s always a trade off it seems.

I'm looking for new gloves. Are there any recommended gloves for this wheel? I find it very rough and using my Sparco Meca3 hurts my palms. Their durability is also quite awful. It's very important for me to have gloves that are breathable, durable, and suitable to feel Trueforce still (I've read some gloves reduce vibrations).

Back